Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 7:25 p.m.
Go Jackets
UFA bidding will not start until Midnight EST at earliest... we are letting Rico make his bids first since he will see everyone elses bid. No one will make any bids before Rico is done doing so.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 7:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: matt59
UFA bidding will not start until Midnight EST at earliest... we are letting Rico make his bids first since he will see everyone elses bid. No one will make any bids before Rico is done doing so.

ok, so then everything's fine if i don't get it before going out?
Jul. 29, 2017 at 10:46 p.m.
Go Jackets
Jul. 30, 2017 at 12:21 a.m.
Go Habs Go
As of this post, Colorado is done with their bids. You can let everyone go now. smile
nobody liked this.
Jul. 30, 2017 at 1:15 a.m.
bids done
Jul. 30, 2017 at 1:46 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Everything seems to be in working order except for Anaheim (wrong email maybe?) and St Louis oddly not being able to bid, which I'll work out with Turner asap.
Still a handful of teams that have not posted for access as well if they can be identified and notified?
I'll feel more comfortable once everyone has their access and is able to make their bids.

Two minor details:
1. I'm pointing out obvious typos if I see them, but onus is on GM's to ensure their bids are legal and properly entered. If someone offers too many years or term that breaks the restrictions, I'm not going to tell you. (Not because I want your bid to be rejected, but because I'm not checking the terms of everyone's bid. It's not fair for me to inform someone that their bid is illegal if I do happen to notice it).
2. Is there no $25K bid increment rule, or was it removed? I can't seem to find any mention. I could care less if someone "Price is Right's" their bids other than it being aesthetically unpleasant, but I could anticipate some saltiness in general.

I'll continue monitoring, but contact me in my team thread for anything requiring immediate attention.
Jul. 30, 2017 at 1:56 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: ricochetii
Everything seems to be in working order except for Anaheim (wrong email maybe?) and St Louis oddly not being able to bid, which I'll work out with Turner asap.
Still a handful of teams that have not posted for access as well if they can be identified and notified?
I'll feel more comfortable once everyone has their access and is able to make their bids.

Two minor details:
1. I'm pointing out obvious typos if I see them, but onus is on GM's to ensure their bids are legal and properly entered. If someone offers too many years or term that breaks the restrictions, I'm not going to tell you. (Not because I want your bid to be rejected, but because I'm not checking the terms of everyone's bid. It's not fair for me to inform someone that their bid is illegal if I do happen to notice it).
2. Is there no $25K bid increment rule, or was it removed? I can't seem to find any mention. I could care less if someone "Price is Right's" their bids other than it being aesthetically unpleasant, but I could anticipate some saltiness in general.

I'll continue monitoring, but contact me in my team thread for anything requiring immediate attention.

where can i see what the current bid is at?
Jul. 30, 2017 at 1:57 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: NateElder12

Two minor details:

You can't. You aren't privy to the players' conversations with other GM's. Sticking Out Tongue
The whole point of this was so people can't see other GM's bids.
NateElder12 liked this.
Jul. 30, 2017 at 2:03 p.m.
NateElder12

You can't. You aren't privy to the players' conversations with other GM's. Sticking Out Tongue

ok good! how do my bids look? Everything showing up?
Jul. 30, 2017 at 2:12 p.m.
Go Habs Go

ok good! how do my bids look? Everything showing up?

Replied in UFA thread.
NateElder12 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:26 a.m.
Hello, BOG, just here to inform you that I will not be able to participate in the GM Game due to RL matters from tomorrow, July 31st, until Monday, August 7th. Sorry for informing you on such short notice. I'd be grateful if you could find an AGM to temporarily replace me. Thank you.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:27 a.m.
Quoting: WhisperWhisper
Hello, BOG, just here to inform you that I will not be able to participate in the GM Game due to RL matters from tomorrow, July 31st, until Monday, August 7th. Sorry for informing you on such short notice. I'd be grateful if you could find an AGM to temporarily replace me. Thank you.

Whisper, hope your situation gets better soon. I'm not sure if a temp GM will be found tomorrow. Not finding one, to complete your FA bids, may mean you'd be disqualified from FA
Jul. 31, 2017 at 1:29 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Quoting: WhisperWhisper

Whisper, hope your situation gets better soon. I'm not sure if a temp GM will be found tomorrow. Not finding one, to complete your FA bids, may mean you'd be disqualified from FA

I will try to get in contact with Jeg about temporarily taking over, but if I can't reach him tomorrow (deadline to submit FA bids), that means you won't get to participate in FA at all
Jul. 31, 2017 at 11:44 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Teams with no bids entered as of this post:

Anaheim - First email was incorrect. Sent access to 2nd email
Buffalo - No email given
Carolina - Has access but will be sending me bids for entry today
Florida - Sent access
NY Rangers - Sent access
San Jose - No email given
Toronto - Notified BOG he has to take a hiatus
Washington - No email given
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:12 p.m.

Anaheim - First email was incorrect. Sent access to 2nd email
Buffalo - No email given
Carolina - Has access but will be sending me bids for entry today
Florida - Sent access
NY Rangers - Sent access

Florida will be sent tonight amigos, was too busy yesterday to do it.
ricochetii liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 12:53 p.m.

Anaheim - First email
Buffalo - No email given

Anaheim - First email was incorrect. Sent access to 2nd email (bids should be in today)
Buffalo - No email given (asked for email. However, judging by his social media posts, it seems like he's in another continent as we speak. I'll also ask rodzik for more on this)
Carolina - Has access but will be sending me bids for entry today (has sent his bids to you)
Florida - Sent access (bids to be in today)
NY Rangers - Sent access (bids should be in today)
San Jose - No email given (I've asked for his email. I've seen him around the Armchair area, so hopefully he will give his email today, but who knows)
Toronto - Notified BOG he has to take a hiatus (tricky spot here. No one is available to take on his team temporarily. I guess that he will be disqualified from FA sadly...)
Washington - No email given(have asked for email. No clue where he is)
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:32 p.m.
May contain nuts
Guys, I just talked to Mr_Cap and jeg on Twitter. Mr Cap seems willing to take on either Buffalo or Toronto; jeg may not have time, but if he does have time, he'll take the other one. (I assume that b/c Whisper is on personal leave and mhockey91 is in Europe that they deserve to be rescued, while TCS and Jackets are on their own.)

EDIT: Provided both of them are able to do it, Mr_Cap will take Toronto and jeg will take Buffalo.
Mr_cap liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:57 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Buffalo - No email given

Okay. You guys are up to date on the other teams. They should have access, so those teams are out of my hands unless they report an issue. I'm taking them off my list.
AFAIK, these are now the only teams remaining I have yet to grant access to.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 2:58 p.m.
deleted
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:02 p.m.
1-0 for step in
jeg5393 and nobody liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 4:08 p.m.
Quoting: Turner33
1-0 for step in

2-0, Jeg to BUF, Cap to TOR
Turner33, jeg5393 and Mr_cap liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 6:54 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Edited Jul. 31, 2017 at 8:09 p.m.
Update as of this post ...

Access granted:

Anaheim - Still no bids

No Access Granted:

Buffalo
San Jose
Toronto
Washington

I've verified the teams with bids at least once (with the exception of mine, Colorado).
I'll do mine after bidding is over and someone has reviewed my bids to make sure I don't cheat, but I shouldn't have any issues with mine anyway.

Discovered two teams that left term blank for one of their players and notified them. No other errors apparent. smile
NateElder12, matt59, Duster and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 7:19 p.m.
NateElder12
Update as of this post ...

Access granted:

Anaheim - Still no bids
Florida - Still no bids

No Access Granted:

Buffalo
San Jose
Toronto
Washington

I've verified the teams with bids at least once (with the exception of mine, Colorado).
I'll do mine after bidding is over and someone has reviewed my bids to make sure I don't cheat, but I shouldn't have any issues with mine anyway.

Discovered two teams that left term blank for one of their players and notified them. No other errors apparent. smile

Thanks for the updates and the hard work!
nobody and matt59 liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 8:55 p.m.
I'm actually going to change my vote here, and I'll explain why:

The BOG passed a "Absent GM" policy a while back, which was unanimously voted in favour by all of us. I'm just copying the first part of it here:

Quoting: GM Absence Policy
New Rules About GM Vacation/Absentee Periods

1) If a GM must take an absence of leave for 14 days or less and notifies the BOG a minimum of 24 hours before their absence, then that GM may:

a) take their scheduled absence of leave

b) either have a interim GM of their choosing take over OR to have the next AGM in line temporarily take over

That's the part that is affecting my decision. First of all, I don't even think Buffalo should be considered to have a interim GM for him. If he really cares about his FA, then before he went in his vacation, he could have let us know, and we'd find his replacement then. So I'm for sure changing my vote here against Buffalo having an IGM, and I'm not re considering that one further. Pretty strictly says you gotta notify us before taking your absence. 1-1 on Buffalo IGM, Turner in favour, DB opposed

Toronto is more tricky. He notified us only several hours before his leave...and I don't even know what his situation is. I'm going to abstain for now, and if I do vote it would be against most likely. The policy is in place for a reason. Again, there is an argument that a new GM like Whisper didn't know about this, hence why I'm abstaining. To summarize:

Vote for interim Buffalo GM for FA: 1-1
Vote for interim Toronto GM for FA: 1-0
ricochetii liked this.
Jul. 31, 2017 at 9:43 p.m.
TrueNorth
Thanks Rico, Anaheim bids were just sent. Please let me know if you didn't receive them.
nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll