M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
Top, RHD
$7,250,000$7,250,000
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 24, 2022 at 9:57 p.m.
Jetsfan
Fully agree. Trade Scheifele and Heinola for one and another piece
Apr. 24, 2022 at 10:03 p.m.
Good luck getting a top RHD. As much as I want one, they’re nearly impossible to get. Would need to get lucky to get one in a scheifele deal. Teams are always looking for top RHD. The best we can do is hope to draft one of Nemec/Jiricek.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Apr. 24, 2022 at 10:03 p.m.
Go for Chych and play him on the right side.
njlaforte liked this.
Apr. 24, 2022 at 10:30 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
Good luck getting a top RHD. As much as I want one, they’re nearly impossible to get. Would need to get lucky to get one in a scheifele deal. Teams are always looking for top RHD. The best we can do is hope to draft one of Nemec/Jiricek.

Agreed. Finding a Seth Jones / Ryan Johansen type of trade is going to be next to impossible. (I view the Dubois-Laine trade as both teams trading distressed assets.)
tsyls liked this.
Apr. 24, 2022 at 11:39 p.m.

Agreed but they will have to trade up to get either of those guys maybe package Heinola a 1st and 2nd. i would give that up for Jiricek
tsyls liked this.
Apr. 24, 2022 at 11:46 p.m.
Quoting: Jetsdood27
Agreed but they will have to trade up to get either of those guys maybe package Heinola a 1st and 2nd. i would give that up for Jiricek

All comes down to how the draft order shakes out. Depends where teams are and what they need. If they’re available at 6 I’d trade up for that. Likely would need something like you proposed. Heinola, 1st RD pick (#11-14), 2nd RD pick, maybe extra prospect.

Also I really am enjoying watching the rangers. I hope they do well in the playoffs because they have a fun team to watch. Also I’d love to get their 1st.
Jetsdood27 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2022 at 11:47 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
Agreed. Finding a Seth Jones / Ryan Johansen type of trade is going to be next to impossible. (I view the Dubois-Laine trade as both teams trading distressed assets.)

I think Scheifele is worth a top RHD or a 2nd pair RHD+ but what team is trading them? I've gone through every teams roster and it just doesn't seem like there's a fit, like why is Boston going to trade Carlo and create a hole at their 2RHD position? They're not going to do that, none of the rebuilding teams have a RHD thats really worth acquiring and they wouldn't have much interest in Scheifele anyway. The Isles aren't trading Pulock, NJ isn't trading Hamilton and probably not Severson either and everyone says Dobson is untouchable so either Scheifele gets traded for something else or he stays a Jet.

If the Jets goal for next season is to be better than the junk they are now AND the decide the defense needs more improving upon I think the best they could probably do is what @bnormie46 said and acquire Chycrun (or Provorov)and play them on their offhand, what either would cost I have no idea, with how consistently inconsistent this team is the thought of trading either of their next 1st round picks makes me wanna puke but that's what it'd take as a starting point for either of those guys.

My take is get a new coaching staff that'll change the systems to suit this team, cut the dead weight and fix the bottom two lines and see what that does.
Jetsdood27, tsyls, bunzy1034 and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 24, 2022 at 11:51 p.m.
All comes down to how the draft order shakes out. Depends where teams are and what they need. If they’re available at 6 I’d trade up for that. Likely would need something like you proposed. Heinola, 1st RD pick (#11-14), 2nd RD pick, maybe extra prospect.

Also I really am enjoying watching the rangers. I hope they do well in the playoffs because they have a fun team to watch. Also I’d love to get their 1st.

Yeah I think we have to cheer for the rangers now even though that kills me.

Jiricek would be huge for this team I’m 90% sure you could plug him right in would give us a d man to run pp1 and we’re not finding a better option without trading scheifele but if we trade scheifele for a RHD then we’re going to be thin at C I’d like to see chevy trade scheif for something like Larkin or couturier personally.
tsyls and Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Apr. 24, 2022 at 11:54 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I think Scheifele is worth a top RHD or a 2nd pair RHD+ but what team is trading them? I've gone through every teams roster and it just doesn't seem like there's a fit, like why is Boston going to trade Carlo and create a hole at their 2RHD position? They're not going to do that, none of the rebuilding teams have a RHD thats really worth acquiring and they wouldn't have much interest in Scheifele anyway. The Isles aren't trading Pulock, NJ isn't trading Hamilton and probably not Severson either and everyone says Dobson is untouchable so either Scheifele gets traded for something else or he stays a Jet.

If the Jets goal for next season is to be better than the junk they are now AND the decide the defense needs more improving upon I think the best they could probably do is what bnormie46 said and acquire Chycrun (or Provorov)and play them on their offhand, what either would cost I have no idea, with how consistently inconsistent this team is the thought of trading either of their next 1st round picks makes me wanna puke but that's what it'd take as a starting point for either of those guys.

My take is get a new coaching staff that'll change the systems to suit this team, cut the dead weight and fix the bottom two lines and see what that does.

I still think Samberg would be a good option on the right side he’s played there in college why not give it a shot and see if him and morrissey mesh well?
Apr. 25, 2022 at 12:10 a.m.
Quoting: Jetsdood27
Yeah I think we have to cheer for the rangers now even though that kills me.

Jiricek would be huge for this team I’m 90% sure you could plug him right in would give us a d man to run pp1 and we’re not finding a better option without trading scheifele but if we trade scheifele for a RHD then we’re going to be thin at C I’d like to see chevy trade scheif for something like Larkin or couturier personally.

I’d see able to draft Jiricek, it’s likely we trade scheifele for a RW. Yes we are thin at C but stastny can play there if we need a stop gap and are retooling. Could be a good mentor for Perfetti. If we could get a RW like Jarvis or someone like that I’d be happy.

Also I’m fine with cheering for the rangers. Shesterkin is unreal and I enjoy watching Adam fox. Definitely worse teams to cheer for haha
MisstheWhalers, Jetsdood27, bunzy1034 and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 25, 2022 at 4:59 a.m.
Edited Apr. 25, 2022 at 5:31 a.m.

After last night, the Jets are increasingly likely to finish 14th from the bottom, as WPG plays PHI, CGY, SEA; NYI (3 behind the Jets) play WSH, WSH, TBL; and CBJ (4 behind the Jets) play TBL, TBL, PIT. There is a chance that the Jets could catch VAN to be 15th from the bottom, but it is a small chance. If the Jets win the lottery and move up the maximum 10 spots to #4, they should be able to draft one of Jiricek or Nemec.

If the Jets pick is #14 overall and NYR win two rounds, here are two draft pick only trade scenarios to add into the mix (using the Game Score Value Added metric for draft picks) :
1. Trade for #5 (NJD 1) by trading #14 (WPG 1), #29 (NYR 1), #97 (ARI 4).
2. Trade for #6 (CHI 1 owned by CBJ) and #108 (CBJ 4) by trading #14 (WPG 1) and #29 (NYR 1)
Both of those result in a small premium paid by the Jets in terms of draft pick value.

Edit: Value of #29 and #30 (conf final losers) are nearly the same, but if the NYR get to the cup finals then the picks used would have to be adjusted a little bit, that is, the equivalent of a 6th round pick.
tsyls and Jetsdood27 liked this.
Apr. 27, 2022 at 9:38 p.m.
power forward
Honestly I don't get it. WHY IS WINNIPEG PLAYING SO WELL NOW THAT WE ARE DONE FOR THE SEASON?

Trades to get Jiricek or Nemec have to include Schiefele and our own pick. Also include one of the younger LD in the deal. In return get a right-shot forward as we need right-shot everything. A good example is Konecny.

My Mock Deal:

Flyers get: Mark Schiefele, 1st round pick (#14), Logan Stanley
Jets get: Travis Konecny, 1st round pick (#4)

I like Heinola over Stanley. I would rather have a 5'11'' guy who can do everything with the puck rather than a 6'7'' defenseman who doesn't even use his size often.

About a week ago, I posted a draft ranking, here it is if you want to check it out: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/577970

I think if we want Nemec, we will have to trade closer to the top 3. Jiricek is an easier grab, maybe trade 3-4 spots up. Usually there's a few players every year that are projected to go top 10 but eventually end up falling out of that range. I think Jiricek will be one of those players, as I have him at 11th overall on the list. His WJC injury definitely hurt his chances of being drafted in the top 10. But still a good pick for the Jets, cause when Jiricek is healthy, he plays like a top 3 pick.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll