Forums/Armchair-GM

Konecny to Sens

Created by: Julesens
Team: 2022-23 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: May 3, 2022
Published: May 3, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
TK fits a need and Philly might be willing to make moves this summer. OTT probably underpays but a 1st would just be too much
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,000,000
4$3,000,000
7$7,150,000
2$1,700,000
Trades
PHI
  1. Brännström, Erik
  2. White, Colin
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. 2023 6th round pick (NYI)
OTT
ARI
  1. Zaitsev, Nikita
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (TBL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$66,578,214$0$4,450,000$15,921,786
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 6
$7,150,000$7,150,000
C
UFA - 8
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
RFA
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 1
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 2
$821,667$821,667
C, RW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 3, 2022 at 8:10 a.m.
Philly isn't trading Konecny if they are not getting a good return for him. An overpaid player, 3rd pairing D and a 2nd isn't gonna cut it.
ReelBigFan liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 8:22 a.m.
Quoting: Roperttos
Philly isn't trading Konecny if they are not getting a good return for him. An overpaid player, 3rd pairing D and a 2nd isn't gonna cut it.

like I said, this is a clear underpayment
May 3, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
I keep seeing zaitsev being moved with a 2nd but I don’t think it gets done unless a prospect is attached
May 3, 2022 at 8:45 a.m.
What in tarnation
Make it a similar trade that OTT did for Bobby Ryan couple of years ago.

Prospect bit stuck in the system, a young NHL player playing their first seasons and a conditional first.

Brännström/Järventie+Formenton+conditional 2023 1st for Konecny is in my opinion quite fair.
Julesens liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 8:54 a.m.
Doesn't sound like Brannstrom is going anywhere according do Dorion. Says the two sides are already working to get an extension done.

As far as Konecny is concerned I'd probably add Bernard-Docker instead, and at least another 2nd. I'd also be hesitant to move a 1st or established young roster player (like Formenton) for Konecny, but this isn't enough.

I figure Jarventie makes a lot of sense, Bernard-Docker is a no brainer given how weak the Philly RD side is, and a pair of 2nds is at least approaching a fair offer.
ReelBigFan, Julesens, wardbell92 and 1 other person liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Sens have all the cap no reason to get rid of Zaitsev. Instead o giving up assets to acquire to 5.5m Konecky.....go big and land Fiala.
May 3, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
Make it a similar trade that OTT did for Bobby Ryan couple of years ago.

Prospect bit stuck in the system, a young NHL player playing their first seasons and a conditional first.

Brännström/Järventie+Formenton+conditional 2023 1st for Konecny is in my opinion quite fair.

If I'm OTT doing Brann + Jarventie and a 2nd is more to my liking. A 1st should be reserved for a Keller-like trade, not a 2nd liner.
May 3, 2022 at 10:01 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Sens have all the cap no reason to get rid of Zaitsev. Instead o giving up assets to acquire to 5.5m Konecky.....go big and land Fiala.

Dumping Zaitsev is an addition by subtraction move. DJ overplays him and he's brutal, getting rid of him to make space for the younger RHD (Thomson/JBD) is a net positive. Also, Sens don't spend to the cap, so imagine an internal budget of 80% what the cap actually is, and you need to trade Zaitsev to be able to allocate funds elsewhere
May 3, 2022 at 10:04 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
il
Quoting: Julesens
Dumping Zaitsev is an addition by subtraction move. DJ overplays him and he's brutal, getting rid of him to make space for the younger RHD (Thomson/JBD) is a net positive. Also, Sens don't spend to the cap, so imagine an internal budget of 80% what the cap actually is, and you need to trade Zaitsev to be able to allocate funds elsewhere

I didn't say you had play Zaitsev. Just demote to Belleville. You don't think Arizona has an internal budget. Lots of ways Coyotes to spend cap without actually spending much actual $$$$$
May 3, 2022 at 10:09 a.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Doesn't sound like Brannstrom is going anywhere according do Dorion. Says the two sides are already working to get an extension done.

As far as Konecny is concerned I'd probably add Bernard-Docker instead, and at least another 2nd. I'd also be hesitant to move a 1st or established young roster player (like Formenton) for Konecny, but this isn't enough.

I figure Jarventie makes a lot of sense, Bernard-Docker is a no brainer given how weak the Philly RD side is, and a pair of 2nds is at least approaching a fair offer.

I think the Sens see that their young RHD are nearly there but not just yet (thus the Hamonic placeholder), so moving one of those guys for what amounts to a 2nd liner I could see being a no-go. They'll have a stack of Zub-JBD-Thomson by '23. Those are nice pieces next to Sando and Chabot. Perhaps C Brown instead of White would work for Philly if they want to retool rather than tear it all down, but that doesn't really make any sense to me from the Flyers perspective.
May 3, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
il

I didn't say you had play Zaitsev. Just demote to Belleville. You don't think Arizona has an internal budget. Lots of ways Coyotes to spend cap without actually spending much actual $$$$$

Still have to pay him if he goes to Belleville. If Arizona won't take him, Seattle is an option, as are other teams. The trade displays more the value-out Ottawa would need to include to rid themselves of that money
May 3, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.

I figure Jarventie makes a lot of sense, Bernard-Docker is a no-brainer given how weak the Philly RD side is, and a pair of 2nds is at least approaching a fair offer.

Jarventie, JDB, and a 2 2nds would do it for me to make this trade. It helps the top 6 a lot, however, I really think next season we will see Batherson being moved on a Line with Stuzle and Thachuck and Norris stayign together, so you have more of a 1A and 1B line then a clear 1 and 2. Now if Sens get konecky that helps, and expecially at 5.5 for 3 more seasons.

While it is true that sens have a lot of cap space now, it is going to be gone very quickly, add Norris contact, and Stuzle contract, add Zub, Sanderson, Pinto, etc. They will need to move out the likes of Zaitev, White and Murrary sooner thna later imo. That is why I like the Konecy move over Fiala, or even Giroux I think the $$ makes a lot more sense so they can still keep the other prospects coming up as well.
Julesens liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 11:28 a.m.
Quoting: NDoody
Jarventie, JDB, and a 2 2nds would do it for me to make this trade. It helps the top 6 a lot, however, I really think next season we will see Batherson being moved on a Line with Stuzle and Thachuck and Norris stayign together, so you have more of a 1A and 1B line then a clear 1 and 2. Now if Sens get konecky that helps, and expecially at 5.5 for 3 more seasons.

I think Stützle and Batherson make so much sense next year. Something like Joseph-Stützle-Batherson as a 2nd* line works really nicely.

*the Stützle line is really gonna be the 1st line next year, regardless of linemates. He's their best player.
Julesens liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 11:31 a.m.

While it is true that sens have a lot of cap space now, it is going to be gone very quickly, add Norris contact, and Stuzle contract, add Zub, Sanderson, Pinto, etc. They will need to move out the likes of Zaitev, White and Murrary sooner thna later imo. That is why I like the Konecy move over Fiala, or even Giroux I think the $$ makes a lot more sense so they can still keep the other prospects coming up as well.

Exactly. Also why in the world would you pay Fiala north of 7.5 after 1 great season in a contract year? There is more reason to believe he'll regress to his typical 50-60 point self. Fools gold.
May 3, 2022 at 11:34 a.m.
I think Stützle and Batherson make so much sense next year. Something like Joseph-Stützle-Batherson as a 2nd* line works really nicely.

*the Stützle line is really gonna be the 1st line next year, regardless of linemates. He's their best player.

Also people forget that Greig forced the team to give him an extended look in camp last season. He's got skill, speed, and some nasty. AKA the perfect compliment to Stu and Batherson on L2. I don't dismiss his potential, I think he'll prove he's a crucial member of the top 6 core very soon.
May 3, 2022 at 11:51 a.m.
Also people forget that Greig forced the team to give him an extended look in camp last season. He's got skill, speed, and some nasty. AKA the perfect compliment to Stu and Batherson on L2. I don't dismiss his potential, I think he'll prove he's a crucial member of the top 6 core very soon.

I think Greig plays this year, but I don't see him sticking around all year, and I don't see top 6 out of the gate. I do like him with Stützle on a longer term outlook. Has a lot of skill and speed, he plays that **** style of hockey, and he can finish in any situation.
Julesens liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 12:01 p.m.
I think Greig plays this year, but I don't see him sticking around all year, and I don't see top 6 out of the gate. I do like him with Stützle on a longer term outlook. Has a lot of skill and speed, he plays that **** style of hockey, and he can finish in any situation.

I see him spending all preseason in OTT and maybe starting out for a few games (LOL he got sussied remember!), but probably majority of this year in Bville. Also would really not be shocked if he comes back up by Jan, theres just too much there not to like. Greig-Stu-Batherson/TK on L2... perfect mix of everything
May 3, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
I see him spending all preseason in OTT and maybe starting out for a few games (LOL he got sussied remember!), but probably majority of this year in Bville. Also would really not be shocked if he comes back up by Jan, theres just too much there not to like. Greig-Stu-Batherson/TK on L2... perfect mix of everything

Be interesting to see how he looks in Belleville for the playoffs. Didn't look out of place in Belleville last year before the WHL started back up.
May 3, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.

Depending on who they can or do bring in this off-season I think Formenton deserves to keep his spot with Stutzle, especially if they can get him locked up for 4 or more years at a decent cap hit like 3-4 range. He has the real possibility of being a regular 20-goal scorer. It would be such a benefit to the deal cap wise if you could long term roll out a line of Formenton - Stuzle - Batherson and have all of them only making like ~16 mill assuming you get formenton at say 3.5, Stu at 8 mabye, and then Batherson is at 4.9.

However I also really like the idea of rolling out a 3rd line of Formenton - Pinto - Joseph the speed on the wing with Pinto's faceoff and puck-moving skills would be incredible
Julesens liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.

I was thinking more next season you would see Grieg rotating in and out of Sens and Belleville line up having him playing 4th line with Kastlic and Kelley/Watson on the 4th line. However if he shows strong in camp I wouldn;t be shocked to she him tied with Pinto as well.
Julesens liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 12:23 p.m.
Depending on who they can or do bring in this off-season I think Formenton deserves to keep his spot with Stutzle, especially if they can get him locked up for 4 or more years at a decent cap hit like 3-4 range. He has the real possibility of being a regular 20-goal scorer. It would be such a benefit to the deal cap wise if you could long term roll out a line of Formenton - Stuzle - Batherson and have all of them only making like ~16 mill assuming you get formenton at say 3.5, Stu at 8 mabye, and then Batherson is at 4.9.

However I also really like the idea of rolling out a 3rd line of Formenton - Pinto - Joseph the speed on the wing with Pinto's faceoff and puck-moving skills would be incredible

L1: Brady-Norris-Joseph
L2: Formenton-Stu-Batherson
L3: Greig-Pinto-Brown

And one day, Boucher terrorizes L3 in place of Brown
NDoody liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 12:25 p.m.
I was thinking more next season you would see Grieg rotating in and out of Sens and Belleville line up having him playing 4th line with Kastlic and Kelley/Watson on the 4th line. However if he shows strong in camp I wouldn;t be shocked to she him tied with Pinto as well.

I think the Sens would rather he stay in Belleville and get developed there for a full year than slot him on L4 occasionally. That won't be his final spot on this roster and they've been pretty patient with their young guys. There is far worse you could do than send him to Mann for a year
May 3, 2022 at 12:29 p.m.

Assuming they leave the LW spot open, I'd like to see more from Joseph in the top 6 and start Formenton on the 3rd line with Pinto and Brown. Joseph I think showed more ability to create offense than Formenton has (beyond his ability to create breakaways that is). I'm not saying Jo is definitely better than Formenton, or that Jo is definitely top 6 material, just that my preference would be to see more of him in that role first.
Julesens liked this.
May 3, 2022 at 12:30 p.m.
Assuming they leave the LW spot open, I'd like to see more from Joseph in the top 6 and start Formenton on the 3rd line with Pinto and Brown. Joseph I think showed more ability to create offense than Formenton has (beyond his ability to create breakaways that is). I'm not saying Jo is definitely better than Formenton, or that Jo is definitely top 6 material, just that my preference would be to see more of him in that role first.

Looked so good on L1 that they felt comfortable sliding Batherson on Stu's wing. Lots of room to play around with the top 9
May 3, 2022 at 12:30 p.m.
L1: Brady-Norris-Joseph
L2: Formenton-Stu-Batherson
L3: Greig-Pinto-Brown

And one day, Boucher terrorizes L3 in place of Brown

I would be happy with this, but really I see the need to bring in another player to play that RW slot with Norris and Brady to really compete, however, Brown and Joesph do have the ability to show they are true top 6 players with those line mates.
Julesens liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll