Forums/Armchair-GM

Competitive roster for the 22-23 season

Created by: NikitaAviva
Team: 2022-23 San Jose Sharks
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 8, 2022
Published: Jun. 8, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Team building is based on keeping your stars, trading unnecessary parts and buying big-body players with 50+ points potential for a good price and small length contracts. Next season, 100% buyout of Vlasic's contract. Burns is a shark forever (well, or at least for one more season =)). I am ready to trade Karlsson only for a very good price, but no one will take his contract without deducting a part, so we believe in Erik. Nieto and Bonino will be traded before the deadline/during the season, with the guys from Barracuda being periodically promoted in their place. With this lineup, it is quite possible to count on a return to the playoffs. Waiting for your comments)

We believe in sharks! GO SHARKS!!!
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$850,000
2$2,250,000
1$1,000,000
1$750,000
4$3,500,000
1$850,000
1$900,000
1$900,000
1$750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,700,000
3$4,800,000
Trades
SJS
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Hill, Adin
  2. 2022 7th round pick (MIN)
SJS
  1. Barton, Seth
  2. 2022 7th round pick (LAK)
SJS
  1. 2023 4th round pick (WPG)
  2. 2024 7th round pick (CGY)
SJS
    Future considerations
    ARI
    1. Blichfeld, Joachim [RFA Rights]
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the ARI
    Logo of the LAK
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the CGY
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$82,500,000$69,358,334$0$300,000$13,141,666

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the San Jose Sharks
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $6,750,000$6,750,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167
    LW
    RFA - 4
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $4,800,000$4,800,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA
    $916,667$916,667
    C, LW
    RFA - 2
    $2,700,000$2,700,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 4
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,025,000$1,025,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $850,000$850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $850,000$850,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,280,000$5,280,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    LD/RD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $762,500$762,500
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $850,000$850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $842,500$842,500 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $842,500$842,500 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 5:04 a.m.
    Barton isn't going to be all that expensive but a bottom 6 winger you claimed off of waivers and a 29yr old dman doesn't move the needle at all.
    Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 5:33 a.m.
    Adin Hill doesn't have any value. I doubt anyone is interested in him rather than giving a young goalie in their system a shot.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 6:25 a.m.
    Banned
    Wings pass, Players not useful.
    Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 6:35 a.m.
    Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
    Wings pass, Players not useful.

You've wrote that as if Red Wings is a contender, which is finding some gains right now. Not bad players for this price with small contracts. For the Wings, it will definitely not be superfluous.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 6:41 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: NikitaAviva
    You've wrote that as if Red Wings is a contender, which is finding some gains right now. Not bad players for this price with small contracts. For the Wings, it will definitely not be superfluous.

You trade us a 29 year old LD who will be 30 before the season starts in Radim Simek whom we've no use for same with Balcers. Like i said we pass. And in now way am i saying Wings are contenders but we're not giving up assets for players we don't need and are a dime a dozen.
    Billy12Bob and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 6:49 a.m.
    You trade us a 29 year old LD who will be 30 before the season starts in Radim Simek whom we've no use for same with Balcers. Like i said we pass. And in now way am i saying Wings are contenders but we're not giving up assets for players we don't need and are a dime a dozen.

So are you a Tampa or Detroit fan? I made this trade only in the interests of Sharks. I would like to see Detroit in the playoffs, but I don't think they will be higher than Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Florida. Let's see their off-season. Moreover, Detroit should fill the payment.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 6:55 a.m.
    Banned
    So are you a Tampa or Detroit fan? Sorry bro. I would like to see Detroit in the playoffs, but I don't think they will be higher than Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Florida. Let's see their off-season.

I'm both a former Detroiter living in Tampa. So both Red Wings and Lightning are my teams for now. But i'm 100% Red Wings for now. And i beg to differ on Boston, They've already lost Krejci and Bergeron might retire. Both Marchand and Pastrnak could be trade bait they fired Cassidy. Boston is trending in the wrong direction and Detroit will surpass them. .
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 6:59 a.m.
    I'm both a former Detroiter living in Tampa. So both Red Wings and Lightning are my teams for now. But i'm 100% Red Wings for now. And i beg to differ on Boston, They've already lost Krejci and Bergeron might retire. Both Marchand and Pastrnak could be trade bait they fired cassidy. Boston is trending in the wrong direction and Detroit will surpass them. .

Ok, Boston's future is foggy. There is a chance that Detroit take place in a wild card. Let's see. I think this off-season should be very interesting for many teams.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 7:03 a.m.
    Banned
    Ok, Boston's future is foggy. There is a chance that Detroit take place in a wild card. Let's see. I think this off-season should be very interesting for many teams.

That we both can agree with, It will get very interesting as Buffalo, Detroit and Ottawa have improved. Boston, Pittsburgh and Washington will be teams that will regress in the next 2-3 years.
    NikitaAviva liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 7:13 a.m.
    The Detroit trade is fair value but I doubt they'd want to do it. And even though I'd love a 2nd out of Hill the going rate is probably more like a 3rd.

You've basically made it so that the Sharks end up with around 8-10 million dollars to spend in free agency if they want. For that money I'd rather sign someone better than Nino. Obviously avoiding contracts over 4ish years is smart but I don't think Niederreiter is the guy. On the other hand I like Marchment but he gets more than 2.7.
    DeadWingsv2 liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 7:53 a.m.
    PlusMinus is stupid

I don't understand this mentality that because the Wings haven't been good, that adding players that aren't good is ok? The whole point of the the rebuild is to add better players, to become a contender again, not tread water with more tweeners and bad players.

Neither of those players help us move forward, so they have no value to us.
    Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:19 a.m.
    Quoting: FunMustBeAlways
    The Detroit trade is fair value but I doubt they'd want to do it. And even though I'd love a 2nd out of Hill the going rate is probably more like a 3rd.

You've basically made it so that the Sharks end up with around 8-10 million dollars to spend in free agency if they want. For that money I'd rather sign someone better than Nino. Obviously avoiding contracts over 4ish years is smart but I don't think Niederreiter is the guy. On the other hand I like Marchment but he gets more than 2.7.

In my opinion signing Marchment create some risks. And I navigated by Barabanov's contract.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 12:21 p.m.
    Quoting: aedoran
    Barton isn't going to be all that expensive but a bottom 6 winger you claimed off of waivers and a 29yr old dman doesn't move the needle at all.

Pretty gross mischaracterization of Balcers, but okay.

Just because Ottawa is run by idiots and kept really bad veteran players on their opening night roster over Balcers doesn't mean he's bad. Sharks drafted him originally and included him in the Karlsson trade so jumped at the opportunity to get him back. Been a nice 2 way 3rd line winger making minimal money with team control. Sharks would be attaching him as a sweetener to get Simek's money off the books.
    NikitaAviva and CheechYou liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 2:25 p.m.
    train, train

Quoting: DeadWingsv2
    I don't understand this mentality that because the Wings haven't been good, that adding players that aren't good is ok? The whole point of the the rebuild is to add better players, to become a contender again, not tread water with more tweeners and bad players.

Neither of those players help us move forward, so they have no value to us.

You guys do realize that you can advocate for DET to pass without being facetiously condescending about the said player you're passing on, right? Baclers is not a "tweener", "bad player", "a dime a dozen", or simply a "guy claimed off waivers". Barabanov was a guy SJ claimed off waivers as well, and he was easily worth two 2nds at the past trade deadline and just earned a very lowball 2.5aav contract (most were expecting 3-4mil).

Similarly, Balcers has a great deal of value. He has very good advanced analytics, is an RFA at the end of next season so you have control over his rights, and his cap hit for next year is only 1.55mil -- that's great value to many teams around the league. He's worth a 2nd rounder. Sure, he had a down year last year points-wise (unlucky and injuries coupled with being on a bad SJ team), and that's fine if DET passes on him, just stop trying to pass him off as a nobody when that's just not true.
    NikitaAviva liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.
    Quoting: SJS2212
    Pretty gross mischaracterization of Balcers, but okay.

Just because Ottawa is run by idiots and kept really bad veteran players on their opening night roster over Balcers doesn't mean he's bad. Sharks drafted him originally and included him in the Karlsson trade so jumped at the opportunity to get him back. Been a nice 2 way 3rd line winger making minimal money with team control. Sharks would be attaching him as a sweetener to get Simek's money off the books.

Quoting: CheechYou
    You guys do realize that you can advocate for DET to pass without being facetiously condescending about the said player you're passing on, right? Baclers is not a "tweener", "bad player", "a dime a dozen", or simply a "guy claimed off waivers". Barabanov was a guy SJ claimed off waivers as well, and he was easily worth two 2nds at the past trade deadline and just earned a very lowball 2.5aav contract (most were expecting 3-4mil).

Similarly, Balcers has a great deal of value. He has very good advanced analytics, is an RFA at the end of next season so you have control over his rights, and his cap hit for next year is only 1.55mil -- that's great value to many teams around the league. He's worth a 2nd rounder. Sure, he had a down year last year points-wise (unlucky and injuries coupled with being on a bad SJ team), and that's fine if DET passes on him, just stop trying to pass him off as a nobody when that's just not true.

He was claimed off of waivers in 2021 before the season started and Detroit had the highest waiver priority at that time. If Detroit wanted him they could've had him without giving up any assets. I was just trying to give an accurate description from Detroit's pov and since he was claimed off of waivers I think it works. I wasn't trying to be mean and I'm sorry if it offended you but it is true. Would you rather I use bottom 6 forward? His rels are all below the team average and if he is so good why is he being traded with Simek for a middle of the road prospect and a 7th rd pick? Detroit resigning Dekeyser would be about the same as adding Simek. Detroit doesn't need anymore wingers and RHDs are always in demand. So maybe instead of getting mad about how someone describes one of your players try offering something the other team needs or wants.
    DeadWingsv2 liked this.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
    train, train
    He was claimed off of waivers in 2021 before the season started and Detroit had the highest waiver priority at that time. If Detroit wanted him they could've had him without giving up any assets. I was just trying to give an accurate description from Detroit's pov and since he was claimed off of waivers I think it works. I wasn't trying to be mean and I'm sorry if it offended you but it is true. Would you rather I use bottom 6 forward? His rels are all below the team average and if he is so good why is he being traded with Simek for a middle of the road prospect and a 7th rd pick? Detroit resigning Dekeyser would be about the same as adding Simek. Detroit doesn't need anymore wingers and RHDs are always in demand. So maybe instead of getting mad about how someone describes one of your players try offering something the other team needs or wants.

Hey, I totally get that and don't see Balcers to DET as a match for DET either. I didn't offer anything. Simek's a cap dump so his function drives down Balcers' trade value if he's included in the trade proposal.

From your original quote, all I'm saying is don't try to just write Balcers off as some guy claimed off waivers -- that's a mischaracterization of his current value, which is a 2nd rounder. That's not me being mad, that's me correcting your mischaracterization of his trade value, even if he doesn't fit in DET.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
    In my opinion signing Marchment create some risks. And I navigated by Barabanov's contract.

Yeah just saying I think he would get bid up more on the open market. Physical, still young and had 47 pts in 54 gp.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 3:43 p.m.

Guys, you react as if I sent you Vlasic's contract for nothing. I sent a not bad defenseman to Detroit who just lost the competition to the young guys (and has a small salary for 2 years). And also as a sweetener, I added a good role player with a small cap hit and a contract for 1 year, besides he is RFA. I don't see Detroit being great with defensemen to say that. Both of these players will add competition and, most importantly, EXPERIENCE (you emphasize that he is 29). (I want to remind you that Detroit took 2nd place in goals conceded - 310 pucks). You react as if we are forcing this trade. It's just a fantasy.
    Jun. 8, 2022 at 4:31 p.m.

His rels are all quite literally positive (while taking only 43% OZ starts) so not sure where you're gathering that from.

If your defense is that they didn't claim him 2 years ago so why would they want him now, 1) He's a more proven player now than he was then and 2) I'd say that's more damning of the Detroit scouting department than anything for not knowing who he was. Detroit is literally paying a guy $4 million a year for 3 more years to be a lesser version of Balcers (making $1.55 million) in Fabbri (same even strength G/60 and A/60 while Balcers has better possession stats).

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll