Forums/Armchair-GM

CBJ Trades Im Hoping For

Created by: dk325
Team: 2022-23 Columbus Blue Jackets
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 8, 2022
Published: Jun. 8, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just a few options that I would be happy with any of them happening.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,100,000
2$2,500,000
1$975,000
2$950,000
2$950,000
2$950,000
2$1,750,000
8$9,500,000
4$3,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Savoie, Matthew
3$975,000
Gauthier, Cutter
3$975,000
Trades
LAK
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Bemström, Emil [RFA Rights]
  3. 2022 3rd round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Bemstrom and the 3rd could be upgraded to CBJ's 2nd
ANA
  1. Foudy, Liam [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Jake Bean
VAN
  1. Texier, Alexandre
Additional Details:
This would certainly need some balancing, but it would be neat to see Podkolzin unite with his Russian buddies in Columbus.
CBJ
  1. 2023 1st round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
Any playoff team that expects their 2023 1st to be late
WSH
  1. Nyquist, Gustav ($2,750,000 retained)
CBJ
  1. Crouse, Lawson [RFA Rights]
ARI
  1. Robinson, Eric
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (CBJ)
Additional Details:
Liam Foudy
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$82,500,000$72,072,500$0$3,832,500$10,427,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$700,000$700K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,037,500$2,037,500
LW
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
UFA - 6
$787,500$787,500
RD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 3
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$847,500$847,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$975,000$975,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:19 p.m.
BRUCE THERE IT IS
Canucks won't be trading Podkolzin, you can trade his Russian buddies to the Canucks insteadwink
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:20 p.m.
Canucks1972
Ummmm, you are not getting Podkolzin. Sorry my friend. Not even close.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:21 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: cooliny
Canucks won't be trading Podkolzin, you can trade his Russian buddies to the Canucks insteadwink

But they had so much fun at thanksgiving dinner and Gavvy's house is in Columbus.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:24 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Canucks1972
Ummmm, you are not getting Podkolzin. Sorry my friend. Not even close.

I mean, the CBJ certainly have the draft capital and players/prospects to make that deal happen. It's really more of a fantasy idea though simply based on him Gavrikov, Chinkahov, Tarasov and Marchenko being friends.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Robinson and Crouse are close lol we aren't adding our first of thr Bedard draft.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:29 p.m.
Absolute nyet from Vancouver.
Knuckl3s and PeterForsberg21 liked this.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:29 p.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
all these make them worse for the time being. betting that Grans and Podkolzin develop better than who they're being dealt for
Ajp_18 liked this.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:35 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
Robinson and Crouse are close lol we aren't adding our first of thr Bedard draft.

I'm a lot higher on CBJ next season than most people. Their asking price has been reported as a 1st and a roster player for Crouse and I think CBJ's first will be 15th or later. Could always add top 10 protection and maybe have a 2nd or something coming back. Crouse is 2 years younger than Robinson and adds a mix of size, toughness and scoring ability that simply isn't present for Columbus right now. He would be a valuable add.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:40 p.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Quoting: dk325
I'm a lot higher on CBJ next season than most people. Their asking price has been reported as a 1st and a roster player for Crouse and I think CBJ's first will be 15th or later. Could always add top 10 protection and maybe have a 2nd or something coming back. Crouse is 2 years younger than Robinson and adds a mix of size, toughness and scoring ability that simply isn't present for Columbus right now. He would be a valuable add.

with the "size, toughness and scoring ability that simply isn't present for Columbus" did you mean all in one player, or all of those factors for the team? Cause that's pretty much a josh anderson type player, and for the team size issue yeah, but scoring was no problem last year.

At least we got the 3rd with Domi for dumping Anderson, even though he wanted to leave, still miss him
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:42 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: AndrewPawlack
all these make them worse for the time being. betting that Grans and Podkolzin develop better than who they're being dealt for

Grans is a guy who has gone in the opposite development direction from Bean. He started as a 2nd round pick and has developed into a prospect whose value exceeds that significantly now. Bean started off as a first, was traded for a 2nd and now is worth less than even that. Considering the benefit for the CBJ of also swapping a LD for a RD and how many LD they have available to step into the 3LD spot, this trade would be a very solid deal for the CBJ's system.

Podkolzin is more of a "this would be cool for the sake of more Russians" proposal and not really a serious one. I'm more excited to see Texier next season than seeing him traded.

Comtois and Crouse are both potential help to the lack of grit problem that the CBJ faced last season.

Nyquist half retained at the TDL if not sooner just seems logical with how much forward depth they have now.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:43 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
with the "size, toughness and scoring ability that simply isn't present for Columbus" did you mean all in one player, or all of those factors for the team? Cause that's pretty much a josh anderson type player, and for the team size issue yeah, but scoring was no problem last year.

At least we got the 3rd with Domi for dumping Anderson, even though he wanted to leave, still miss him

Yes, all present in one player. They have plenty of scoring, not much size and barely any toughness. Crouse brings all 3 and so does Comtois to a lesser degree.
AndrewPawlack liked this.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:45 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: BubbleDemko
Absolute nyet from Vancouver.

You monster. Tell me you don't want this to be an every day reality in Columbus https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueJackets/comments/r28y0v/the_gavrikovs_hosted_chinny_tarasov_and_canucks/
OldManRutherford liked this.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
Half these trades are just repeating on each other and the majority of them aren’t needed.

LA - I don’t mind this one, I do think Bemstrom will be traded, but idk about Bean and I’m not sure we really have a great need for Grans but I don’t mind it.

ANA - you have Bean here too, and honestly I don’t see much of a need for a power forward wing and idk how much is want to pay for a guy who had 16 points in 52 games last year in a bottom 6 role on a rebuilding team.

ARI - 34 points in 60 games vs 27 in 67. I’m not sure I’d be willing to pay that price for a guy to play on the 4th line even if he is 2 year younger then the guy you’re trading out. Crouse to me just isn’t worth a 1st+ just because he has “size, toughness and scoring ability”.

VAN- Trade is 50/50 to me, I think both player have more to show, but I’m not sure either team wants to trade either of them right now and I wouldn’t add too much more to make the trade happen.

WSH- idk if Nyquist gets a 1st, but if he does make that trade now.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Grans is a guy who has gone in the opposite development direction from Bean. He started as a 2nd round pick and has developed into a prospect whose value exceeds that significantly now. Bean started off as a first, was traded for a 2nd and now is worth less than even that. Considering the benefit for the CBJ of also swapping a LD for a RD and how many LD they have available to step into the 3LD spot, this trade would be a very solid deal for the CBJ's system.

Podkolzin is more of a "this would be cool for the sake of more Russians" proposal and not really a serious one. I'm more excited to see Texier next season than seeing him traded.

Comtois and Crouse are both potential help to the lack of grit problem that the CBJ faced last season.

Nyquist half retained at the TDL if not sooner just seems logical with how much forward depth they have now.

Wouldn't mind the Grans trade either, just not sure how ready he'd be since he could probably crack the lineup. Don't want next year to be a tank year again, rather at least try and push for a wildcard spot to maybe get early playoff experience for the young guys. We have 2 lottery picks this year in a pretty solid spread talent draft, don't see a need to try and bet on getting into next year's big 3 considering we've never won the draft lottery, hell only gotten 3rd twice and 2nd once.

I can see the Nyquist trade happening and I like that value I was just saying from a futures standpoint it'd suck to lose him since he likes it here but ig get value while we can

Crouse benefitted from playing on the 1st line in Arizona, not sure if I'd want to have him also play that here, let alone give that much up for him if he isn't gonna play as many minutes here.
I myself don't want to see the 4th line from last year broken up, especially Erob-Kuraly. A "4th line" that gets you 27 and 30 point players? Why part with them.

Not the biggest on Comtois either as he fell off on a Ducks team this year when he had more chances in the lineup to move up.

Would like Podkolzin here but his value in a trade would be something like a Texier, rather keep him and trade other assets if possible, but they're gonna want a lot for him since he was a bet on it pick. Rather send the Bean/Foudy/Bemstrom + 2nd type package for him

Not all physicality is needed if they can just be annoying with sticks and closeouts. That's how Werenski makes his big money. He rarely hits anyone outside of an arm shove. Domi was supposed to be a physical guy but only did it at stupid times. Would hope Peeke can use his size more but half the time he just gets bodied half the time.
Jun. 8, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Ajp_18
Half these trades are just repeating on each other and the majority of them aren’t needed.

LA - I don’t mind this one, I do think Bemstrom will be traded, but idk about Bean and I’m not sure we really have a great need for Grans but I don’t mind it.

ANA - you have Bean here too, and honestly I don’t see much of a need for a power forward wing and idk how much is want to pay for a guy who had 16 points in 52 games last year in a bottom 6 role on a rebuilding team.

ARI - 34 points in 60 games vs 27 in 67. I’m not sure I’d be willing to pay that price for a guy to play on the 4th line even if he is 2 year younger then the guy you’re trading out. Crouse to me just isn’t worth a 1st+ just because he has “size, toughness and scoring ability”.

VAN- Trade is 50/50 to me, I think both player have more to show, but I’m not sure either team wants to trade either of them right now and I wouldn’t add too much more to make the trade happen.

WSH- idk if Nyquist gets a 1st, but if he does make that trade now.

My logic with Grans and Bean is that the CBJ have 8 LD prospects after Bean and they have Werenski and Gavrikov locked in as their top 2 LD. At RD they only have Boqvist, Peeke, Blankenburg and Ceulemons in the entire organization as legitimate RD options. If they can move Bean for Grans I think that is a very solid swap that helps to balance out the pipeline with a very good prospect.

Comtois and Crouse we'll just have to settle as being a difference of opinion. Obviously the Comtois deal doesn't happen or would need different players if the Grans trade goes through.

The Podkolzin trade is more just an interesting thought than a real serious proposal.

I think if Nyquist maintains his level of play from last year then a late 1st would be on the table for him from a team in the top 6-8 of the league standings as the TDL approaches.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 12:06 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Wouldn't mind the Grans trade either, just not sure how ready he'd be since he could probably crack the lineup. Don't want next year to be a tank year again, rather at least try and push for a wildcard spot to maybe get early playoff experience for the young guys. We have 2 lottery picks this year in a pretty solid spread talent draft, don't see a need to try and bet on getting into next year's big 3 considering we've never won the draft lottery, hell only gotten 3rd twice and 2nd once.

I can see the Nyquist trade happening and I like that value I was just saying from a futures standpoint it'd suck to lose him since he likes it here but ig get value while we can

Crouse benefitted from playing on the 1st line in Arizona, not sure if I'd want to have him also play that here, let alone give that much up for him if he isn't gonna play as many minutes here.
I myself don't want to see the 4th line from last year broken up, especially Erob-Kuraly. A "4th line" that gets you 27 and 30 point players? Why part with them.

Not the biggest on Comtois either as he fell off on a Ducks team this year when he had more chances in the lineup to move up.

Would like Podkolzin here but his value in a trade would be something like a Texier, rather keep him and trade other assets if possible, but they're gonna want a lot for him since he was a bet on it pick. Rather send the Bean/Foudy/Bemstrom + 2nd type package for him

Not all physicality is needed if they can just be annoying with sticks and closeouts. That's how Werenski makes his big money. He rarely hits anyone outside of an arm shove. Domi was supposed to be a physical guy but only did it at stupid times. Would hope Peeke can use his size more but half the time he just gets bodied half the time.

We'll see. I think toughness definitely needs to be addressed though. Crouse did play up in the Arizona lineup, but I think he'd be getting higher quality scoring chances playing middle 6 for Columbus considering the lower quality opposition and the CBJ's forward depth next season is going to be exceptional. I liked Comtois a lot at the World Championship this year. He plays with a serious edge and again he's only 23 years old. Either of those guys would go a long way towards making other teams think twice about taking runs at all of the young players that are going to be in the lineup next season.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 12:08 a.m.
My logic with Grans and Bean is that the CBJ have 8 LD prospects after Bean and they have Werenski and Gavrikov locked in as their top 2 LD. At RD they only have Boqvist, Peeke, Blankenburg and Ceulemons in the entire organization as legitimate RD options. If they can move Bean for Grans I think that is a very solid swap that helps to balance out the pipeline with a very good prospect.

Comtois and Crouse we'll just have to settle as being a difference of opinion. Obviously the Comtois deal doesn't happen or would need different players if the Grans trade goes through.

The Podkolzin trade is more just an interesting thought than a real serious proposal.

I think if Nyquist maintains his level of play from last year then a late 1st would be on the table for him from a team in the top 6-8 of the league standings as the TDL approaches.

I don’t mind adding Crouse, I think he wozu I’d be a great add to the team, I just don’t like spending a 1st round pick on a guy who had 30 points. If we could get Crouse for something like Foudy and a 2nd I’d take that trade, but I’d really rather not be trading a 1st unless we we were clearly in the playoff picture like we did for Duchene.
pocke liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 12:15 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Ajp_18
I don’t mind adding Crouse, I think he wozu I’d be a great add to the team, I just don’t like spending a 1st round pick on a guy who had 30 points. If we could get Crouse for something like Foudy and a 2nd I’d take that trade, but I’d really rather not be trading a 1st unless we we were clearly in the playoff picture like we did for Duchene.

Yeah, Foudy and a 2nd would probably be a better starting point than the 2023 1st. At the very least top 10 protection.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 12:18 a.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
We'll see. I think toughness definitely needs to be addressed though. Crouse did play up in the Arizona lineup, but I think he'd be getting higher quality scoring chances playing middle 6 for Columbus considering the lower quality opposition and the CBJ's forward depth next season is going to be exceptional. I liked Comtois a lot at the World Championship this year. He plays with a serious edge and again he's only 23 years old. Either of those guys would go a long way towards making other teams think twice about taking runs at all of the young players that are going to be in the lineup next season.

I guess yeah, but Worlds aren't always a tell tale sign. Kakko looked amazing his worlds year, and this year Joel Armia looked like an all star. Always better to take risks on those guys in the draft/free agency rather than giving up so much for them if they can't replicate ( a la Kahun signing a few years ago )
Jun. 9, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I guess yeah, but Worlds aren't always a tell tale sign. Kakko looked amazing his worlds year, and this year Joel Armia looked like an all star. Always better to take risks on those guys in the draft/free agency rather than giving up so much for them if they can't replicate ( a la Kahun signing a few years ago )

I wouldn't say Bean and Foudy is a huge gamble for a guy like Comtois. I'm pretty low on Bean and Foudy is really far down the depth chart at the moment.
Jun. 9, 2022 at 6:56 p.m.

I personally prefer Bovqist over bean but bean hasn’t lost much value if at all. He’s shown pretty high offensive upside and is still young and cheap. I think a ton of rebuilding teams would pay a 2nd to gamble on him. If we can fill top RD then I think he will do well as 3LD with peeke
Jun. 14, 2022 at 1:33 a.m.
how can you come to my page and say my moves are horrible when you post stuff like this? LMFAO
Jun. 14, 2022 at 1:39 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Warrzone
how can you come to my page and say my moves are horrible when you post stuff like this? LMFAO

Because your trades are ridiculous. Who would even consider sending Roslovic BACK to Winnipeg after he just signed an extension with the Jackets and making Laine play with Schiefele again? Do you pay attention to the league at all?
Jun. 14, 2022 at 1:45 a.m.
these are perfect world scenario's, you think texier is worth podkolzin you don't pay attention to the league. imaging getting mad over giving your team a little attention
Jun. 14, 2022 at 1:51 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Warrzone
these are perfect world scenario's, you think texier is worth podkolzin you don't pay attention to the league. imaging getting mad over giving your team a little attention

You're failing at reading comprehension. It literally says that the trade would need to be balanced.

Imagine talking about other people getting mad when you took the time to go through my post history to try to exact some strange form of revenge.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll