$874,125$874,125
      C, RW
      RFA - 1
      Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      LW, C
      RFA - 2
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Ottawa Senators
      $818,333$818,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
      LW
      RFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      LW, C, RW
      RFA - 1
      $800,000$800,000
      RW, C
      RFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $9,500,000$9,500,000
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      $3,800,000$3,800,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $1,350,000$1,350,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $4,400,000$4,400,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LD
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Ottawa Senators
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $950,000$950,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $975,000$975,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Nashville Predators
      $750,000$750,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Sep. 11, 2022 at 11:20 p.m.
      Mr.
      Armia doesn't have negative value lol
      Campabee liked this.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 12:15 a.m.
      Quoting: SMH

He does on CapFriendly cause he has a CH on his jersey!!!
      SMH liked this.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 12:56 a.m.
      Oilers can just send Foggle down to the minors.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 1:10 a.m.
      No longer a Virgin

Quoting: Campabee

I mean, I am a Habs fan. I think he has negative value personally (with that contract) but we all have our opinions!
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 2:41 a.m.
      What kind of hockey communism are you trying to force on Edmonton. And does this mean we have to declare war on Vegreville and steal their potatoes? (A little town an hour away mostly settled by Ukrainians)
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 9:50 a.m.
      I’d give the third to move Dobby. I feel like he’d have to show well in the preseason to not cost a second to move tho. If that makes sense
      Ross_Johnston liked this.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.

He has negative value. And it has nothing to do with his sweater. It’s because the cap is flat and teams can’t afford those 2-4 million dollar contracts any more and are all trying to dump them. None of the teams with cap space are looking to add guys like Armia that can make their team better. They’re looking to get assets for their cap and improve their draft position. I like Armia and I do think he’s a good player that could benefit from a move. But right now they would be selling him as a guy that didn’t even score 20 points and makes 3.4 million. I’m realistic about Faksa having negative value. Y’all should be realistic about Armia. And plz don’t take this as negative. There’s enough of that on this site already
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
      Leafs Sufferer
      I could live with this deal.
      Ross_Johnston liked this.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 10:26 a.m.
      Mr.
      Quoting: stephane_robidas
      I mean, I am a Habs fan. I think he has negative value personally (with that contract) but we all have our opinions!

He may not have much value and in this offseason market you might be right than no one will pay for his contract but it's a crazy market and it won't be the same next season so i agree that it'll be hard to trade his contract now but we don't have to and definitely not for that price
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
      Mr.
      Quoting: SlevinKalevra
      He has negative value. And it has nothing to do with his sweater. It’s because the cap is flat and teams can’t afford those 2-4 million dollar contracts any more and are all trying to dump them. None of the teams with cap space are looking to add guys like Armia that can make their team better. They’re looking to get assets for their cap and improve their draft position. I like Armia and I do think he’s a good player that could benefit from a move. But right now they would be selling him as a guy that didn’t even score 20 points and makes 3.4 million. I’m realistic about Faksa having negative value. Y’all should be realistic about Armia. And plz don’t take this as negative. There’s enough of that on this site already

I agree with your point but habs don't need to trade him at this weird market situation and definitely not for that price
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
      I agree with your point but habs don't need to trade him at this weird market situation and definitely not for that price

Absolutely agree. There’s no reason for them to pay to move him right now. Was just saying if they were looking to unload the contract it would cost them an asset rn
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 10:36 a.m.
      we miss leo k

It's what the cost to move that 3x$3.4M deal is - he's clearly overpaid based on his production.

But as it is, Montreal isn't in a position where they *need* to clear that cap space so there's no need for them to have to make a deal like this. I wouldn't be shocked if they have to dump him before the end of his deal, but they can avoid this clear buyer's market for the time being.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 11:21 a.m.

Not taking this negatively, my only comment is that, I guess it depends on what you consider to be negative value. For me negative value means that they will not bring anything positive to any team in the league (Karl Alzner). Teams looking to compete will always make room on their rosters for players like Armia, Faska and Lehkonen either in the offseason or at the deadline. The biggest obstacle is what the originating team is asking, whether their original team is also looking to compete in the near future and what their positional needs are in terms of potential return. Take the Habs for instance, many believe we are looking at a multi year rebuild, however with the moves made this offseason it is my belief that the team wants to be playoff bound as early as next year (23-24). They have not been moving out multi year contracts and have brought in or resigned older players to extensions (Monahan, Wideman, Dadonov and Matheson) and discussing an Allen extension. Teams entering a multi year rebuild do not do those things. I think we are banking on Gallagher, Armia and Dadonov among others to return to their former selves and keep building on what we have. If we are looking at rebuilding and we have to take back salary from the Pens in a Petry trade why take back a 4 year contract for a 29 year old player and not just a 1 or 2 year deal like Zucker or Jarry. All this is to say, IMO Montreal is not truly looking to move Armia, therefor he has value to the Habs and since we know teams value possession players like Lehky and Armia he is not a negative value player like Alzner was.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 12:02 p.m.
      Not taking this negatively, my only comment is that, I guess it depends on what you consider to be negative value. For me negative value means that they will not bring anything positive to any team in the league (Karl Alzner). Teams looking to compete will always make room on their rosters for players like Armia, Faska and Lehkonen either in the offseason or at the deadline. The biggest obstacle is what the originating team is asking, whether their original team is also looking to compete in the near future and what their positional needs are in terms of potential return. Take the Habs for instance, many believe we are looking at a multi year rebuild, however with the moves made this offseason it is my belief that the team wants to be playoff bound as early as next year (23-24). They have not been moving out multi year contracts and have brought in or resigned older players to extensions (Monahan, Wideman, Dadonov and Matheson) and discussing an Allen extension. Teams entering a multi year rebuild do not do those things. I think we are banking on Gallagher, Armia and Dadonov among others to return to their former selves and keep building on what we have. If we are looking at rebuilding and we have to take back salary from the Pens in a Petry trade why take back a 4 year contract for a 29 year old player and not just a 1 or 2 year deal like Zucker or Jarry. All this is to say, IMO Montreal is not truly looking to move Armia, therefor he has value to the Habs and since we know teams value possession players like Lehky and Armia he is not a negative value player like Alzner was.

He has negative trade value is what I mean. He would be a good bet for a bounce back season for a team with cap space trying to get better. But all the teams trying to get better don’t have any cap space. Teams with cap space will want assets. Montreal has a ton of guys they should keep and hope for better play. Armia is def one of them
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
      Quoting: SadlyAnOilFan
      What kind of hockey communism are you trying to force on Edmonton. And does this mean we have to declare war on Vegreville and steal their potatoes? (A little town an hour away mostly settled by Ukrainians)

No war. Just a "special military operation".
      SadlyAnOilFan liked this.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
      He has negative trade value is what I mean. He would be a good bet for a bounce back season for a team with cap space trying to get better. But all the teams trying to get better don’t have any cap space. Teams with cap space will want assets. Montreal has a ton of guys they should keep and hope for better play. Armia is def one of them

I understand what you are saying but a few teams who are trying to get better still have cap space (Calgary, Nashville, Dallas, Detroit, Ottawa and Winnipeg) others have LTIR space available and Montreal can take back cap as well with Price on LTIR. That is why I say Armia like Faska still have value, many people on here don't understand GM's know how to make the cap work when they are interested in a player that makes their team better. So unless the player is on the down side of their career as observed over the last 2 or 3 years then all players still have some sort of positive value. Look at it this was if a player is waived would they be claimed. If the answer is yes then they have value.
      Sep. 12, 2022 at 7:37 p.m.
      if thats all it takes to acquire kane, nash happily accepts.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll