Forums/Armchair-GM

GM Hughes draft day deal

Created by: Billy739
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 18, 2022
Published: Dec. 18, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Both Deals done at the Draft before the Seasons started.
While pending UFA's will be moved later this post focuses on getting the roster ready for opening day.

My Target is Quinton Byfield former 2nd OA pick.
My logic is Berniers , Mctavish and Slafkovsky has been taken in the next 2 drafts top 3 overall.
2/3 long out produced and paced Byfield while Slafkovsky is on pace to by 2nd week Janrurary.
Byfields in his 3rd year pro and sent down but unlike Dach is set backs arent injury related.

Byfields good , really good in my opinion he could become one of the league best 2nd line Centers.
That said its going to take 2-3 years of struggling with consistency or a team going all in on him like MTL did Dach.

MTL as it stands has the 9th and 15th overall fluxuating back and forth around 11th-13th overall.
With MTL already losing without Monahan now will likely drop further with 5th-9th OA pick.
FLA has won half the last 10 games its been like that all season fluxuating between 12th-15th OA.

I see MTL Trading their pick from FLA likely 13th OA to LAK for Byfield.
Similar to Dach for 13th overall pick for CHI to get Nazar.
Unlike Dach i think Byfield not only gets 13th OA pick but also Farrel.
Farrel lead team USA in the Olympics with just 1 point off Slafkovsky's tournament lead in 3 less games.
Farrell has the NCAA's 2nd highst PPG total virtually tied for 1st in the NCAA.
Ahead of former top 3 picks and future top 3 picks like Fantilli who's just behind Farrell.

LAK get a NCAA Sophmore who overachieve's playing for his National Team at the top levels.
LAK get MTL's first prospect since Caufield to lead his country in scoring while being favorite to win the Hobey Baker Award.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$7,650,000
2$885,000
2$1,850,000
2$850,000
1$3,450,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Byfield, Quinton
Additional Details:
This bundle gives LAK a top Playmaking Prospect whom Currently sits on one of the NCAA's best line's with CGY Coronato and LAK Lafferriere .

Our Skills Coach and Head Coach spent camp comparing to St Louis. They point out his vision and his ability to execute it as his strength's.

At every level so far he's been top of the league surrounded by some of the biggest names in the past 2-3 drafts and the next couple. Regardless of size or skill level Farrell leads his team past them by elevating the play of all those around him especially Laferriere.

Both Farrell and Laferriere would likely be joining Kupari and Turcotte in the AHL soon. If they can click with even 1 of those center's i expect a similar level of success (while Farrell's good at Center it takes away his speed advantage one of his biggest strengths)

This is a big return giving LAK a top pick .
I think how deep this draft is gets LAK interested.
Dach stuggled alot but did more as a rookie drafted only a year early then Byfield has done to date in his 3 seasons he had the shot at starting in the NHL.

Not saying Byfields done , he's not.
Just pointing out similar value in a trade executed in percisely the same way for the same reasons with a prospect taken a year later.
LAK
  1. Farrell, Sean [Reserve List]
  2. 2023 1st round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
-13th OA pick (same as Dach got 1 for 1)
-Farrell who is the first MTL Prospect since Caufield to lead his Nation in Scoring while being a favorite for the Hobey Baker Award.
MTL
  1. Foegele, Warren
  2. Puljujärvi, Jesse [RFA Rights]
  3. 2023 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
EDM gets
-Edmundson
-Ylonen who is also a young RW roughly the same age.
-capdump Foegele
-with the money saved not signing JP that takes care of Eddy's cap hit the 2.75m from Foegele leaving is what EDM Cleared on top of.

EDM gives up
-RFA who's played 6/7 years required to be UFA who wont sign term. He's struggling in a system that doesnt fit him much like Bennet did for years in CGY only finding his true potential after leaving. He got 3m last time Arbitration will give him more next time.

-Late 1st rounder EDM makes sure of before trading it in the final day at the draft.
EDM
  1. Edmundson, Joel
  2. Ylönen, Jesse [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Trade at the Draft to EDM for JP and their 1st round pick 27th OA in this scenario for Edmundson with MTL taking Warren Foegele as a capdump to offset the cap
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$72,240,833$1,170,000$6,570,000$10,259,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,650,000$7,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,450,000$3,450,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$885,000$885,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 19, 2022 at 12:23 a.m.
Quoting: leafs101
Also, ever occur to you that maybe CHI was wrong to give up on Dach so early and not every team will make the same mistake?

Not to mention, Byfield is only 20 years old, 6 foot 5 220 pounds, at a point a game in the AHL and 9 goals through 14 games. Slaf isn't exactly lighting up the NHL but the Habs are being stupid with their development and keeping him up.

Whether Chicago made a mistake or not has nothing to do with Dach or Byfield value.

They offered Dach to every teams, and the best offer they got is a 13 overall pick.

Byfield value must be close to that too. Not saying LA should trade him, just talking trade value if they were to move him.

Also, you should stop with the Anderson trolling. Most MTL fans think he's traded for a late 1st at best, not a top prospect ++
Billy739 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
Billy739
Also, ever occur to you that maybe CHI was wrong to give up on Dach so early and not every team will make the same mistake?

Not to mention, Byfield is only 20 years old, 6 foot 5 220 pounds, at a point a game in the AHL and 9 goals through 14 games. Slaf isn't exactly lighting up the NHL but the Habs are being stupid with their development and keeping him up.

Disagree
They didnt give up on him they gave up on Strome and Debrincat.
They just went through a big scandal and rebuilt everywhere from president to coaches
They reset their rebuild timeline to zero and suddenly Dach's on the outside looking in

But its more then that in 2009 Luc Robatille started as LAK President by trading 5th overall pick Brayden Schenn with Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick for Mike Richards.
All im saying is he's not above making big trades if he likes the return and while a 13th OA pick isnt enough solo to do it Farrell does move the needle for Robatille if its coupled with the Pick that's value is based on recent acquisition of a Center who's had more success then him in a similar timeline on a worse team.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 12:29 a.m.
Billy739
if this is about the "similar value" vs "similar deal" thing, its the same thing. Like to be fair you said similar deals, and then the deal you made for Byfield here has a very comparable value to the Dach deal. Otherwise I can't seem to understand what such a big deal is being made over.

See i agree with what you said as you read it and saw Dach compared to Byfield as stated above.

He accused me of saying Farrell was equal to Byfield to the point he took Dach's name out of the Quote he used from me to reference this statement.
I never compared Farell to Byfield was what i was trying to state and he still maintains that i did.

I only specified between differences in the way it was said because one was from the Descriptions comment the other from Trade description comment.
It wasnt i argued the terms difference. I argued where they were used and the context of the statement they were cherry picked from in an effort to manipulate.
Again he get like this every couple months where suddenly he cant understand basic sentences.
Pretty sure he's drunk
Dec. 19, 2022 at 12:34 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Lochness1202
Is Farrell actually a favorite for Hobey Baker??? Not sure….

Luke Hughes or Matt Knies are clearly in front of him. I'm not sure Farrell is a finalist.
leafs101 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 12:38 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: LIRIK
Whether Chicago made a mistake or not has nothing to do with Dach or Byfield value.

They offered Dach to every teams, and the best offer they got is a 13 overall pick.

Byfield value must be close to that too. Not saying LA should trade him, just talking trade value if they were to move him.

Also, you should stop with the Anderson trolling. Most MTL fans think he's traded for a late 1st at best, not a top prospect ++

They wont leave Anderson be
Its the new cool thing

That said every insider has said teams are fighting for him, just none are offering what GM Hughes finds to be fair market value.
I think he'll be moved and likely for something we need but i think why he's held off is he's looking to use Anderson to land Karlsson.
Hughes has been after Karlsson openly all year long since learning Price is out as you couldnt imagine a better mentor and partner for Ghule.
I think that's where he'll end up in a deal with multiple working piece's i predict.

Then again CGY could pony up the rumored 1st and a prospect Hughes is holding out for before Karlsson cools off enough for a team to afford to acquire.(he's hot right now)
If Hughes could figure out a way to do it even if he has to sacrifice the FLA pick i'd consider it a win even at his cap
Dec. 19, 2022 at 12:39 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Luke Hughes or Matt Knies are clearly in front of him. I'm not sure Farrell is a finalist.

Not according to the NCAA official site.
It lists both those members you listed as favorites before the season started with all the top 10
Then lists their new picks

Its a verifiable source you just got to be sober enough to click it and read

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2022-12-15/2023-hobey-baker-award-watchlist-3-months-mens-college-hockey-season?amp
Dec. 19, 2022 at 1:02 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Billy739
Not according to the NCAA official site.
It lists both those members you listed as favorites before the season started with all the top 10
Then lists their new picks

Its a verifiable source you just got to be sober enough to click it and read

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2022-12-15/2023-hobey-baker-award-watchlist-3-months-mens-college-hockey-season?amp

It's utterly astonishing to me that you construed the brief blurb about Farrell in this piece (which lavishes greater praise on virtually every single one of the other youngsters mentioned in it) as justifying your claim that Farrell is "a favorite for the Hobey Baker Award." The article is the "Watch List" for finalists for the award, not the or even "a" favorite.
leafs101 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 1:03 a.m.
Billy739
Most of the NCAA's former top 10 list fell off.
Farrel just swapped positions with Knies falling off the list all together.
Its a deep group with 33 others out producing Knies 22 pts in 20 games which is a stellar showing truly.

Issue is the Fantilli's, Farrel's, Cooley's,Gauthier's and Coronato are all playing signifigantly better then everyone while elevating their peers with them.
Knies it the wake of the success is now pushing through established NCAA players who's play's been elevated along side standout NHL drafted players.
Knies isnt even top 10 at this point in my opinon and is no more a Hobey Baker winner then Jake Evans was (who was also a Hobey Baker Nominee if not a Finalist)
Evans was also a favorite with similar production while leading his team as Captain and top scorer he went all the was to a NCAA final falling 2 goals shy of a title.
Still didnt finish top 3 as a finalist as its for the best of the best and there's 5 names of top ranked NHL Prospects that snuff out Knies odds.

Lets face it , Farrell stole his thunder just like the Olympics all over as you can recall it was the Farrel show not the Knies show
Dec. 19, 2022 at 1:11 a.m.
Billy739
It's utterly astonishing to me that you construed the brief blurb about Farrell in this piece (which lavishes greater praise on virtually every single one of the other youngsters mentioned in it) as justifying your claim that Farrell is "a favorite for the Hobey Baker Award."

I read from an official source of the NCAA with them stating their top picks before the season and updating them .
If your disagree fine but they have standing you dont simple as that.
They hand out the Hobey Baker Award , You dont
So something tells me smart money's on listening to them
Dec. 19, 2022 at 1:18 a.m.
Billy739
It's utterly astonishing to me that you construed the brief blurb about Farrell in this piece (which lavishes greater praise on virtually every single one of the other youngsters mentioned in it) as justifying your claim that Farrell is "a favorite for the Hobey Baker Award." The article is the "Watch List" for finalists for the award, not the or even "a" favorite.

Also NHL has an article listing him as one of the Favorite's
Anyone who is sober enough to google search it coulda found out this is easily verifiable.
You just dont like official sources from leagues on anything.
Its not a trait you usually project during your sober hours .
But when you go off i could have god himself explain something to you
Next thing i'd know you'd be arguing "not my god" to win the argument

A lot of the time i find you extremely insightful
Nights like tonight where its clear your ability to read has been effected i dont enjoy however.
Your ability to see logic and use fact goes out the window so you can be a contrarian arguing incoherently.

https://www.nhl.com/news/on-campus-early-look-at-hobey-baker-award-field/c-336556502
Dec. 19, 2022 at 1:21 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I read from an official source of the NCAA with them stating their top picks before the season and updating them.

"Stating their top picks before the season and updating them" is NOT saying that Farrell is "a favorite for the Hobey Baker award." It's not even saying that he's a favorite to be one of the three finalists for the Hobey Baker award.

I don't deny that the NCAA hands out the Hobey Baker award; I'm just denying that your construction of what this article says has only a tangential relation to reality.
leafs101 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 1:26 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Also NHL has an article listing him as one of the Favorite's

https://www.nhl.com/news/on-campus-early-look-at-hobey-baker-award-field/c-336556502

Nowhere in this article does the word "favorite" appear.

You read things into stuff that just isn't there. And I find it interesting that you constantly refer to my being "sober" and "incoherent" when virtually every sentence of yours has a mis-spelling or grammatical error.
leafs101 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 8:28 a.m.
lets not get testy here, not every team wants to trade their top prospect for your undersized wingers.

Hahahahaha this is hilarious. Funny argument all around though. I mean the #2 overall pick being a 6'4" power centre (or winger in the NHL) for a quality prospect and a early-to-mid 1st?

At least Dach played over 100+ games before Chicago decided to scrap him, a trade that still may look really bad for Chicago in the future. Byfield hasn't had much of a chance at all and more will be needed to get him out of LA IMO.
leafs101 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
Evans truther
@leafs101 and @OldNYIfan please stop arguing with him, you're wasting your time as he'S one of those 'know-it-all' kinda guy. He's made all the research in the world for his post but omitted one fact, the biggest reason Blackhawks traded Dach is that they were going for the hard tank and they didn't want to commit to basically anyone not helping that cause (DeBrincat and Dach).
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: ColonelX
leafs101 and OldNYIfan please stop arguing with him, you're wasting your time as he'S one of those 'know-it-all' kinda guy. He's made all the research in the world for his post but omitted one fact, the biggest reason Blackhawks traded Dach is that they were going for the hard tank and they didn't want to commit to basically anyone not helping that cause (DeBrincat and Dach).

Its not about opinion why i got mad you Rube.
Its because someone took a sentence pulled it apart
They literally took out "Dach" changing the wording and context while quoting me . . .
Just so they could make an innacurate comparison between Byfield and Farrell claiming i made it.
In any place i've traveled making such statements while quoting someone , it makes you the bad guy.
Reality is when sober i have great debates with OldNYIfan but when he gets drunk i let him have it as he often Slanders.

If you dont see an issue there , you might have been raised in the USA Education system.
Doing what he just did not only would this be called out in school you'd actually recieve Disciplinary action for lying.
We dont breed manipulative people nor do we let them abuse the english languae.

If he quoted me and did so properly then fine who cares.
But when called out on changing the words of a quote he then jumped from 1 section of the post to another in a scurry to save face.
Then i called him out on doing just that.

To my dismay more Americans started chiming in not understanding why i'd get mad when someone gets drunk and misquotes me.
I'm consistent in my anger towards such manipulations, OldNYIFan is not getting drunk every few months and doing what he did last nigh.
Unlike you i know he's intelligent and will repent by walking back his comments going forward like he consistently does for the 4 years ive known him on this site.(6-7 times he's got drunk and done this)

Anyways thank you for offering a bit of intelligence with your ignorance.
Atleast before you slandered you thought about the question and gave a coherent answer.

But simply put if you dont like a post , then leave
Contributing Ignorance never should be embraced , its American and this site is Canadian.
They want to post on here fine , lets elevate everyone to our level not sink to theirs.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
I post sometimes
How about offering something.
This qualifies as trolling for attention by making a statement based on a prejudice assumption.
How about we judge eachother based on statements and leave the comedy for those with a personality to pull it off

Billy... chill.

its a forum to have fun and banter. The joke is funny.
leafs101, OldNYIfan and ColonelX liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:19 a.m.
I post sometimes
grrr unacceptable answer Habs fans want this therefore it must happen and you are wrong

meh - this habs fan in particular- must be having a bad day.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: QualityTrades1
Hahahahaha this is hilarious. Funny argument all around though. I mean the #2 overall pick being a 6'4" power centre (or winger in the NHL) for a quality prospect and a early-to-mid 1st?

At least Dach played over 100+ games before Chicago decided to scrap him, a trade that still may look really bad for Chicago in the future. Byfield hasn't had much of a chance at all and more will be needed to get him out of LA IMO.

he got 100+ games because CHI never sent him down
He's 4 months ahead of decision time Dach faced
I actually timed it out so the deals done at the draft spaced the exact same time from his draft as Dach.

CHI traded a former top 3 pick for the 13th OA
As for why anyone would? i'd go the Dach trade executed at the same time for the same return plus the addition of a top player.
Dach only ever seen 3 AHL games while Byfield started there , came up his 2nd year to play then 3rd year sent back to the AHL.
Byfield is facing struggles with less success then Dach ever did.

Like Friedman said CHI offered Dach to everyone and thats the best offer they got.
What leverage does LAK have to ask for me ? I mean i gave them more but what did he do to earn it?

This site has a habit of ignoring History , Professional Writer's input and every bit of logic that his Fantasy Hockey Realated.
Its why we can compare 2 very similar players and the one with worse all around development is apparently worth more ?
That's illogical as is expecting someone who struggled this long to get a top 10 pick when i cant think of a single example of this happening.
Even Jack Eichel didnt recoop a top 1st round pick but instead a pick very similar to what i offered getting the 16th OA pick and a former 17th OA pick in Krebs.
That's Jack Eichel . . . .

I'll keep citing refrernece's
I invite any of you to do the leg work to make a counter point.
Reality is BONAFIDE CENTERS make Bank but those who struggled to do so expeically if they cant win Faceoffs rarely get a top 15 pick even.
Only way around it is PLD for Laine switching players from the same draft year who are both stuggling and been better since swapping places.
That said PLD showed more in his first year as a child then Byfield has since being drafted combined and quadrupled by comparison

I'd love for fans to back up their opinions with examples
I know i do
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:26 a.m.
Billy739
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
meh - this habs fan in particular- must be having a bad day.

Nope i just dont like people contributing ignorance
It takes less energy and offers more to society to offer something to it rather then just degrade it.

Society is failing as we barrel towards a world war and a large part of why is Willfull Ignorance.
You may enjoy when people contribute nothing to society, i however do not.
If you want to be funny , then be funny but being a troll is just asking for a license to put your ignorance on display.
There is a difference and **** like this is why Cancel Culture took out the comediens, These are the people Dave Chappell blames for where we are today.

Feel free to excuse it, i cant stop you.
But on my post's Willful Ignorance isnt ok , ever.
On my posts i expect people who Quote me to do so without adding words to change context.
I expect people who comment to have read the post.
Most Important i expect them to try to be more then a blight on society.

We're the most divided i've seen us ever.
Largely due to laziness and ignorance by choice by some people (not you)
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
he got 100+ games because CHI never sent him down
He's 4 months ahead of decision time Dach faced
I actually timed it out so the deals done at the draft spaced the exact same time from his draft as Dach.

CHI traded a former top 3 pick for the 13th OA
As for why anyone would? i'd go the Dach trade executed at the same time for the same return plus the addition of a top player.
Dach only ever seen 3 AHL games while Byfield started there , came up his 2nd year to play then 3rd year sent back to the AHL.
Byfield is facing struggles with less success then Dach ever did.

Like Friedman said CHI offered Dach to everyone and thats the best offer they got.
What leverage does LAK have to ask for me ? I mean i gave them more but what did he do to earn it?

This site has a habit of ignoring History , Professional Writer's input and every bit of logic that his Fantasy Hockey Realated.
Its why we can compare 2 very similar players and the one with worse all around development is apparently worth more ?
That's illogical as is expecting someone who struggled this long to get a top 10 pick when i cant think of a single example of this happening.
Even Jack Eichel didnt recoop a top 1st round pick but instead a pick very similar to what i offered getting the 16th OA pick and a former 17th OA pick in Krebs.
That's Jack Eichel . . . .

I'll keep citing refrernece's
I invite any of you to do the leg work to make a counter point.
Reality is BONAFIDE CENTERS make Bank but those who struggled to do so expeically if they cant win Faceoffs rarely get a top 15 pick even.
Only way around it is PLD for Laine switching players from the same draft year who are both stuggling and been better since swapping places.
That said PLD showed more in his first year as a child then Byfield has since being drafted combined and quadrupled by comparison

I'd love for fans to back up their opinions with examples
I know i do

I think you're taking this "sent down" way too seriously. Dach probably should've spent more time in the AHL, solid player but they threw him in too early. There's no shame in taking your time to develop a prospect before bringing them up. Many guys like Laf, Kakko, Dach, even Slaf would've all benefitted from taking it slow.

Eichel also had a chronic injury requiring unprecedented surgery for a hockey player and had $10M on the books. Very different situations.
Billy739, OldNYIfan and ColonelX liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
Quoting: ColonelX
leafs101 and OldNYIfan please stop arguing with him, you're wasting your time as he'S one of those 'know-it-all' kinda guy. He's made all the research in the world for his post but omitted one fact, the biggest reason Blackhawks traded Dach is that they were going for the hard tank and they didn't want to commit to basically anyone not helping that cause (DeBrincat and Dach).

appreciate it. kinda entertaining tho ngl lol. Spazzing over nothing.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:51 a.m.
Billy739
appreciate it. kinda entertaining tho ngl lol. Spazzing over nothing.

In society those you let slander and misquote you will define the type of society you live in.
I'd never quote you then change the statement removing the name of the person refrenced to blurr the lines.
He took a statement talking about Dach and willfully manipulated it to talk about Farrel in that context i decribed for Dach.

The fact you have to remove a name to quote someone says you're a bad person for doing it.
I dont suffer liars , never have.

I snapped harshly because OldNYIfan gets drunk so often and does this.
After the 6th or 7th time of the years i've just got zero tollerance for his drunken nonsense.
You'll see me in weeks to come have great debates with him likely on this same subject .

He's Educated enough to know better unlike 9/10 people on this site
Its probably why i take more offense to it, i know he knows better.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 11:03 a.m.
In society those you let slander and misquote you will define the type of society you live in.
I'd never quote you then change the statement removing the name of the person refrenced to blurr the lines.
He took a statement talking about Dach and willfully manipulated it to talk about Farrel in that context i decribed for Dach.

The fact you have to remove a name to quote someone says you're a bad person for doing it.
I dont suffer liars , never have.

I snapped harshly because OldNYIfan gets drunk so often and does this.
After the 6th or 7th time of the years i've just got zero tollerance for his drunken nonsense.
You'll see me in weeks to come have great debates with him likely on this same subject .

He's Educated enough to know better unlike 9/10 people on this site
Its probably why i take more offense to it, i know he knows better.

my guy this is a hockey fan chat forum take a deep breath. Means absolutely nothing in any of our actual lives. Relax.
OldNYIfan and ColonelX liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Billy: Let’s put aside your childish ad hominem attacks (I find your repeated accusations that I "get drunk so often" particularly odious) and other adolescent rantings to review the observable, indisputable facts:

1. Sean Farrell is NOT “a favorite to win the Hobey Baker Award,” as you assert in the trade box at the top of your ACGM.
2. The first article you cited doesn’t say that, as you incorrectly assert in Comment #8. You know that, I know that, and anyone with any reasonable intelligence who reads the article knows that. In fact, the article simply suggests that Farrell is one of at least 20 youngsters who might be considered candidates for the award.
3. The second article you cited doesn’t say that, either, as you incorrectly assert in Comment #35. You know that, I know that, and anyone with any reasonable intelligence who reads the article knows that. In fact, this pre-season article doesn’t use the word “favorite” anywhere in it, and simply suggests that Farrell should be on the list of youngsters who might turn out to be considered for the award.

You have a great deal of difficulty making a one-to-one correspondence between what is written and what you want to see. Approaching input with a closed mind is no way to broaden your understanding of anything, and quite likely to lead you into false beliefs like the ones under discussion here.

The world isn’t the way any of us sees it; the world isn’t the way any of us wants it to be; the world simply is. As a close friend of mine has written, reality is just a collective hunch. The only way to gain some insight into the way the world is is to receive input without pre-conceptions, especially pre-conceptions which one is unwilling to abandon when presented with indisputable evidence refuting them.

I have tried on several previous occasions to engage in an intellectual discussion with you. All of the more recent of those efforts have shown me that I am wasting my time. In response, you have resorted to insults and mis-characterization of facts in blind defense of demonstrably false contentions. Accordingly, I will not burden you with a response to anything you might write in the future, however direct.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 11:11 a.m.
Billy739
I think you're taking this "sent down" way too seriously. Dach probably should've spent more time in the AHL, solid player but they threw him in too early. There's no shame in taking your time to develop a prospect before bringing them up. Many guys like Laf, Kakko, Dach, even Slaf would've all benefitted from taking it slow.

Eichel also had a chronic injury requiring unprecedented surgery for a hockey player and had $10M on the books. Very different situations.

Every situation is a different situation,The Context in which they're set however usually is not.
Why dont you list higher returns for similar players then if they exist.

Byfield was in one of the weakest drafs since 2014
Top 3 players taken its the 3rd OA destroying both 1st and 2nd OA numbers combined with 32 points on top of that.
Raymond has just surpassed 1st OA pick in and many more are set to before the TDL to pass both the 1st and 2nd OA picks.
Mercer, Lundell,Jarvis,Drysdale,ext are the ones on pace to surpass 1st OA and 2nd OA picks .

All im saying is the "way too early " speech isnt right
He's actually way behind his draft class stuggling to keep up with 1st rounders in his draft on any level.
Waiting for a change of scenary could be a bad things escpecially since LAK doesnt really have success developing massing players.
Generally speaking they either come ready to play or LAK moves them out in trades for pieces that lead to their first stanley cup.
Luc Robatille's first moves were to trade size for skill and more average sized players who inturn helped boost the development of their youth.

Just saying he's at the point where the pack has sepearted from him just like Dach's draft class did with him.
Now is the time for LAK to sell but only if they can get the right returns and Michnikov of Dvorsky could be big pieces for them in ways Byfield wont.
I mean no one thinks Byfield will reach his projected ceiling as top line Center we're looking or hoping for a middle 6 role but even that's a stretch.
Him and Alex Holtz are quickly falling out of the top 20 when it comes to re-ranking the 2020 draft as neither seems to be able to make the jump to the NHL like all their peers behind them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll