1. Berglund, Gustav [Reserve List]
        2. Kasper, Marco
        3. Söderblom, Elmer
        4. Wallinder, William [Reserve List]
        5. 2023 1st round pick (DET)
        DET
        1. Pettersson, Elias
        Additional Details:
        This is the trade I’m sure I’ll get blasted for but it’s what you do if you really want to have a rebuild.
        Buyouts
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the NYR
        Logo of the MIN
        Logo of the DET
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the PHI
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the NYR
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        21$83,500,000$61,884,583$850,000$1,907,500$21,615,417
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        RW, LW
        RFA - 1
        $8,000,000$8,000,000
        C, LW, RW
        NMC
        UFA - 7
        $4,750,000$4,750,000
        LW, RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        $2,250,000$2,250,000
        LW, RW
        RFA - 2
        $883,750$883,750
        C
        RFA - 1
        $6,650,000$6,650,000
        RW
        UFA - 2
        Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
        $878,333$878,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
        LW, C
        RFA - 2
        Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
        $918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
        C
        RFA - 3
        Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
        $3,200,000$3,200,000
        RW
        UFA - 1
        $825,000$825,000
        LW
        UFA - 1
        $762,500$762,500
        C
        UFA - 1
        $1,000,000$1,000,000
        RW, C
        UFA - 2
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $7,850,000$7,850,000
        LD
        UFA - 4
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1
        $5,000,000$5,000,000
        G
        UFA - 3
        $2,250,000$2,250,000
        LD
        UFA - 1
        $2,850,000$2,850,000
        RD
        UFA - 3
        $762,500$762,500
        G
        UFA - 1
        $1,350,000$1,350,000
        LD
        RFA - 1
        $1,750,000$1,750,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $762,500$762,500
        RW, C
        RFA - 1
        $2,500,000$2,500,000
        RD
        UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 8:29 a.m.
        PlusMinus is stupid
        You're not wrong to ask for the moon for EP. With that said, there's no chance in hell Detroit gives up that many high end pieces at the stage we're at in our rebuild.
        Kyriakos_Grizzly, IDKtbh, Billy12Bob and 1 other person liked this.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 8:30 a.m.
        Makes you think, but I don't see Wings doing that.
        aedoran liked this.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 9:04 a.m.
        IF we were to rebuild.which is a media dream.we wouldNOT trade peetey we would rebuild around him.IMHO.
        Billy12Bob, aedoran and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
        Detroit is not trading 4 top assets to get one.
        aedoran liked this.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 9:50 a.m.
        Absolutely would give up a 3rd for Schenn. One of the rare good Vancouver-Carolina proposals on here.
        SensCanucksFan67 liked this.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 9:54 a.m.
        Quoting: remowilliams
        IF we were to rebuild.which is a media dream.we wouldNOT trade peetey we would rebuild around him.IMHO.

If there is no rebuild this team will go nowhere. There are too many teams in the west that will pass them up. Anaheim with Bedard goes past them almost immediately.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:05 a.m.
        Quoting: Ottawa67s
        If there is no rebuild this team will go nowhere. There are too many teams in the west that will pass them up. Anaheim with Bedard goes past them almost immediately.

We have an above average forward group, we need a good defence.its pretty clear to most fans around here.IMHO
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:16 a.m.
        Banned
        I'd be one happy Pens fan if this trade was made.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
        Wings pass
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:25 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: Ottawa67s

Have to agree there. Vancouver is going to stay stuck in mediocrity like Minny has been for 2 decades. Don't sleep on Anaheim. Patience, and this team will be good.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: Billy12Bob
        Detroit is not trading 4 top assets to get one.

Pretty close to what it would take. I have no idea on Berglund, but a EP trademarks with Kasper. Wallinder or Johansen would also need to be included. I'm not sure Soderblom needs to go too, as he probably really only ends up being bottom 6 with the novelty of being big.

The 1st has to be protected. Already getting a top 6 C (not as good as EP) AND a top 4 D, so effectively trading away 3 firsts . To balance the last pick, I'd change to a 2nd and include Rasmussen or Veleno, as Detroit with EP and Larkin pushes Copp to 3C. That also helps fill the hole at center for Van. There is middle 6 potential for both Veleno and Rasmussen, but I see Rasmussen as a really solid 3C and Veleno needs minutes to see what he really is.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:43 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: Redstinger
        Wings pass

I say with a bit of a modification, Wings accept. The price for a top 6 C isn't cheap. If the trade makes you feel uneasy, it usually means the value is close to fair.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
        Quoting: tonyhzs
        I say with a bit of a modification, Wings accept. The price for a top 6 C isn't cheap. If the trade makes you feel uneasy, it usually means the value is close to fair.

Not sure where you get your reasoning from but it sounds like it's straight from the butt.
        Billy12Bob liked this.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.
        As nice as having Bo would be I just don't see it happening because the Wild have no way to re-sign him with 14.7 mil in dead money the next two years, personally its not worth giving up the assets for a rental. Now if there was a guarantee we were going to advance to the Finals then yes but there are no guarantees in hockey.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: Redstinger
        Not sure where you get your reasoning from but it sounds like it's straight from the butt.

EP is a 1C under 25, and RFA at the end of his reasonable contract. Detroit is giving up Kasper, who is probably a 2C in a few years. No idea where Berglund ranks as a prospect, but Wallinder has yet to play in North America. He could be great, or he could be Ryan Sproul. The Wings can afford to give up a high D prospect because they already have Seider, Edvinsson, and Johansen. Hronek can be included too. That's a lot of young D, and there is still a lot more in the pipeline. Wallinder is expendable for a 1C. Swap Soderblom for Ras or Veleno and protect the 1st or change it to a 2nd and the deal works.
        Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:20 p.m.
        EP is a 1C under 25, and RFA at the end of his reasonable contract. Detroit is giving up Kasper, who is probably a 2C in a few years. No idea where Berglund ranks as a prospect, but Wallinder has yet to play in North America. He could be great, or he could be Ryan Sproul. The Wings can afford to give up a high D prospect because they already have Seider, Edvinsson, and Johansen. Hronek can be included too. That's a lot of young D, and there is still a lot more in the pipeline. Wallinder is expendable for a 1C. Swap Soderblom for Ras or Veleno and protect the 1st or change it to a 2nd and the deal works.

It's a strategically bad deal for Detroit. We'd be giving up 4 top line/pair players to get one and we're a rebuilding team and rebuilding teams accrue prospects and picks they don't trade them away.

Wallinder is performing 50% better than Edvinsson did last year. Kasper is playing second line centre in the third best league in the world this year and the 1st in the deepest draft in a long time will turn into another top prospect. Söderblom is fantastic at protecting the puck and has fantastic hands and will be a top-9 player in a few years, Berglund will not be signed.

What the going rate is for a top centre like Elias is is irrelevant to whether this is a good deal for Detroit or not. What matters is that Detroit needs those players and pick a hell of a lot more than they need Pettersson.
        Dec. 20, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: Billy12Bob
        It's a strategically bad deal for Detroit. We'd be giving up 4 top line/pair players to get one and we're a rebuilding team and rebuilding teams accrue prospects and picks they don't trade them away.

Wallinder is performing 50% better than Edvinsson did last year. Kasper is playing second line centre in the third best league in the world this year and the 1st in the deepest draft in a long time will turn into another top prospect. Söderblom is fantastic at protecting the puck and has fantastic hands and will be a top-9 player in a few years, Berglund will not be signed.

What the going rate is for a top centre like Elias is is irrelevant to whether this is a good deal for Detroit or not. What matters is that Detroit needs those players and pick a hell of a lot more than they need Pettersson.

First off, I said the 1st round needs to be protected, or change to a 2nd. Second, I said to remove Soderbloom from the trade and put Ras or Veleno in. Please re-read my post.

As far as the rebuild, how long can it go? Yzerman already is steering towards the end of rebuilding. Asset accumulation is nearing the end. Kasper is fine and dandy, but have you actually seen him play? He is a slim chance at 1C, he is a sure shot 2C/3C. Elias is a 1C, today, no doubt. Kasper won't be productive in the NHL for at least 2 years after this one; his game is measured but unspectacular. Wallinder is for sure an intriguing prospect, but he may not translate to the NHL. Wallinder has made a lot of progress in the last 2 years since getting snubbed by the national team, but top pairing he is not; lots more to work on. Wallinder is 2 years older than Edvinsson, I'd expect him to perform better.

I have no idea where you get 4 top line players from. If any one of Wallinder, Kasper, or Soderblom is top 6F or top 4D, it is a win. The chances of all 3 is really, really low. Soderblom has played in the NHL and thanks to his size, he has shown he can be bottom 6 at least. There is talent there, but how that translates over time and how good can he be, I have no idea.

Basically, you have a top line C for 3 potential top half of the roster players. If all 3 hit where they project, Detroit still got the best player in the deal and you can chalk it up to a good trade for everyone. If any or all of the 3 prospects go off and become superstars, well, at least Detroit still got the 1C they needed. If Larkin signs again, that is grwat 1-2 down the middle. If he doesn't sign back on, there is your insurance to keep the momentum moving forward. This team is set to compete in 2 years.
        Dec. 20, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
        First off, I said the 1st round needs to be protected, or change to a 2nd. Second, I said to remove Soderbloom from the trade and put Ras or Veleno in. Please re-read my post.

As far as the rebuild, how long can it go? Yzerman already is steering towards the end of rebuilding. Asset accumulation is nearing the end. Kasper is fine and dandy, but have you actually seen him play? He is a slim chance at 1C, he is a sure shot 2C/3C. Elias is a 1C, today, no doubt. Kasper won't be productive in the NHL for at least 2 years after this one; his game is measured but unspectacular. Wallinder is for sure an intriguing prospect, but he may not translate to the NHL. Wallinder has made a lot of progress in the last 2 years since getting snubbed by the national team, but top pairing he is not; lots more to work on. Wallinder is 2 years older than Edvinsson, I'd expect him to perform better.

I have no idea where you get 4 top line players from. If any one of Wallinder, Kasper, or Soderblom is top 6F or top 4D, it is a win. The chances of all 3 is really, really low. Soderblom has played in the NHL and thanks to his size, he has shown he can be bottom 6 at least. There is talent there, but how that translates over time and how good can he be, I have no idea.

Basically, you have a top line C for 3 potential top half of the roster players. If all 3 hit where they project, Detroit still got the best player in the deal and you can chalk it up to a good trade for everyone. If any or all of the 3 prospects go off and become superstars, well, at least Detroit still got the 1C they needed. If Larkin signs again, that is grwat 1-2 down the middle. If he doesn't sign back on, there is your insurance to keep the momentum moving forward. This team is set to compete in 2 years.

I live in Sweden. I have seen Kasper live maybe 30 games over the last couple of years. I have seen Wallinder play maybe 100 games ever since he was 15 years old.

How many games have you seen them play?

Yzerman have never in his entire career done any deal like this where he trades away a teams future for one player and he isn't about to start now.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll