C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
G
UFA - 1
$2,450,000$2,450,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 26, 2023 at 10:05 a.m.
Retain dumba or edm declines
Feb. 26, 2023 at 10:08 a.m.
Nah.
Even with the market for Gavvy up in the air right now, MIN would have to add to have CBJ take on Greenway.
dk325 and benjgc liked this.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 10:14 a.m.
Its a long E
I have no problem taking Goligoski from you but the price is going to be more than next year's second. At the very least it has to be this year's second.

Edit: To clarify, the Sabres would get the second and Goligoski. We won't pay you for a cap dump.
ChestNut33 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 10:20 a.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
Even with the market for Gavvy up in the air right now, MIN would have to add to have CBJ take on Greenway.

I thought that was an easy "accept" for the Jackets
Feb. 26, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
Nah.
Quoting: Boos
I thought that was an easy "accept" for the Jackets

Anytime a team is taking on cap and term, there is a cost added, particularly with a guy like Greenway, who hasn’t done much for his value after a few good years, and arguably had his troubles even before then. This is a player who doesn’t have a market, and I don’t think he’ll suddenly thrive playing for a bad CBJ squad. Not to mention, we are thin on roster spots at F as is, what with our young guys needing good playing time.

Not sure where’s Gavvy’s ask is since BOS backed out, but I’d still think it’s fair he can get a 1st. Rosy’s value is probably a 2nd. O’Rourke…is a hockey player. Taking on Greenway is an add on top of that.
dk325 and benjgc liked this.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 12:41 p.m.
Fire J.D. too
Jackets offer is honestly not far off. I would probably accept it, maybe try to get a lower pick added(4th-6th) but that would be it.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 12:55 p.m.
Anytime a team is taking on cap and term, there is a cost added, particularly with a guy like Greenway, who hasn’t done much for his value after a few good years, and arguably had his troubles even before then. This is a player who doesn’t have a market, and I don’t think he’ll suddenly thrive playing for a bad CBJ squad. Not to mention, we are thin on roster spots at F as is, what with our young guys needing good playing time.

Not sure where’s Gavvy’s ask is since BOS backed out, but I’d still think it’s fair he can get a 1st. Rosy’s value is probably a 2nd. O’Rourke…is a hockey player. Taking on Greenway is an add on top of that.

Fair enough. I'll defer to someone who follows the team a more closely than I. However as an outsider, it still seems fair to me. IDK what Jackets' fans are thinking when it comes to Gavrikov but it seems like he's been overvalued. Columbus is also in the Bedard/Fantilli sweepstakes this year so taking on Greenway at $3M for only two more seasons after this one doesn't seem detrimental in any way, shape or form to their future 2-3 years from now and in effect you're swapping out Roslovic, who looks as if he had a career year last season and is reverting back to the norm, for Greenway in the forward group. O'Rourke is slated as an all-around, 5-7 d-man with old-school attributes who also takes on a modern feel as he can move the puck very well. In addition, another first rounder in a supposedly loaded 2023 draft class, one that isn't even protected, isn't chopped liver and seems like a good get for a pending UFA in Gavy who may or may not re-sign with C-bus anyway.

Just my 2 cents
CaseyFlyman liked this.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Fair enough. I'll defer to someone who follows the team a more closely than I. However as an outsider, it still seems fair to me. IDK what Jackets' fans are thinking when it comes to Gavrikov but it seems like he's been overvalued. Columbus is also in the Bedard/Fantilli sweepstakes this year so taking on Greenway at $3M for only two more seasons after this one doesn't seem detrimental in any way, shape or form to their future 2-3 years from now and in effect you're swapping out Roslovic, who looks as if he had a career year last season and is reverting back to the norm, for Greenway in the forward group. O'Rourke is slated as an all-around, 5-7 d-man with old-school attributes who also takes on a modern feel as he can move the puck very well. In addition, another first rounder in a supposedly loaded 2023 draft class, one that isn't even protected, isn't chopped liver and seems like a good get for a pending UFA in Gavy who may or may not re-sign with C-bus anyway.

Just my 2 cents

The issue with Greenaway is that the Jackets don't have room for him. On top of their current healthy lineup they have to account for the definite returns of Chinkahov and Danforth, the potential returns of Texier and Voracek and then Voronkov likely making the lineup next year as well. Plus there's the possibility of adding an NHL ready player through the draft too so they could already be adding 6 NHL caliber forwards into their lineup to start next season as it is from where they are today.
Boos and benjgc liked this.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:24 p.m.
Nah.

Just my 2 cents

(1) Gavrikov is absolutely overvalued, but the question isn’t “what’s the player worth?” It’s “what is someone willing to pay?” We see it every single TDL - teams overpaying for Chariot’s, Savard’s, Foligno’s, Orlovs, etc. because they have a need, and bidding drives up the price. Players are tradeable commodities sold on the open market - not goods you buy at FMV off the shelf at a store. He’s going to be moved - full stop; it just boils down to what the best offer is between now and 3pm on 3/3.

(2) Having Greenway is absolutely detrimental. As @dk325 already outlined, we have need for those roster spots, now and in the future. Plus, I’d rather have Roslovic, if we’re boiling things down that way;

(3) Greenway is still owed $6.5M in actual salary the next two years, alongside his pro-rated salary for this year. CBJ aren’t TOR, MTL, or NYR - they don’t have unlimited coffers they’re willing to (or should) throw around unless it’s for a worthwhile asset. I’d rather them be in a position to use that money to buy assets as brokers or by taking on bad contract. Plus, Johnson, Sillinger, Marchenko, Chinakhov, etc. are all due for raises in the next 1-2 years - even the cap space will be important.

If it was simply about “we need a body in our bottom-six,” there are plenty of AHL guys/cheap UFA’s you can bring in to fill what Greenway would provide.

(4) I mean, that’s great for O’Rourke, but we are already loaded with young D prospects as is, both high-end (Jiricek, Mateychuk, Ceulemans), and B4/B2 guys (Berni, Björk, even Svozil). I wouldn’t turn him down in a trade, but a player who boils down to nothing more than D depth doesn’t really add value.
benjgc and CaseyFlyman liked this.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:42 p.m.
“Maybe” from the Sabres imo
I think we’d look at other options first though
Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.
(1) Gavrikov is absolutely overvalued, but the question isn’t “what’s the player worth?” It’s “what is someone willing to pay?” We see it every single TDL - teams overpaying for Chariot’s, Savard’s, Foligno’s, Orlovs, etc. because they have a need, and bidding drives up the price. Players are tradeable commodities sold on the open market - not goods you buy at FMV off the shelf at a store. He’s going to be moved - full stop; it just boils down to what the best offer is between now and 3pm on 3/3.

(2) Having Greenway is absolutely detrimental. As dk325 already outlined, we have need for those roster spots, now and in the future. Plus, I’d rather have Roslovic, if we’re boiling things down that way;

(3) Greenway is still owed $6.5M in actual salary the next two years, alongside his pro-rated salary for this year. CBJ aren’t TOR, MTL, or NYR - they don’t have unlimited coffers they’re willing to (or should) throw around unless it’s for a worthwhile asset. I’d rather them be in a position to use that money to buy assets as brokers or by taking on bad contract. Plus, Johnson, Sillinger, Marchenko, Chinakhov, etc. are all due for raises in the next 1-2 years - even the cap space will be important.

If it was simply about “we need a body in our bottom-six,” there are plenty of AHL guys/cheap UFA’s you can bring in to fill what Greenway would provide.

(4) I mean, that’s great for O’Rourke, but we are already loaded with young D prospects as is, both high-end (Jiricek, Mateychuk, Ceulemans), and B4/B2 guys (Berni, Björk, even Svozil). I wouldn’t turn him down in a trade, but a player who boils down to nothing more than D depth doesn’t really add value.

My esteemed CBJ brethren said it all. A deal where CBJ take on someone like Greenway while giving up Gavrikov and Roslovic could cost a lot, perhaps even the 23 1st and Lambos (since LD is a more pressing need than RD for Columbus, and O'Rourke and Hunt both seem unlikely to hit in the NHL at this point). Better to just aim for Gavrikov (we'll even retain!) and keep Greenway and Lambos.
dopplsan and CaseyFlyman liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll