lowbs

Created by: lowblocksniper
Team: 2023-24 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 19, 2023
Published: Jun. 19, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
For the Oilers, freeing up Cap Space and still being competitive is the Goal
Campbell played well at times but, given how Skinner looks like the #1, trading him seems like the best idea. Since both Mrazek and Campbell have 10 team no trade lists, it all depends on them but, I`d think Mrazek would want to play on a winning team and Campbell might say yes to an original 6 team and the Connor Bedard hype, also might not.
Trading away Kulak hurts Edmonton a little but, after everything they gave up for Ekholm, Kulak seems likely to go.
Raddysh played well last year and hopefully for Edmonton, he keeps it up, Yamamoto has been extremely inconsistent, so a change of scenery could help him.
The other is a three team trade which might be confusing
Anaheim gets: Lehner, Ceci and 2 3rd rounders
Vegas gets: a young goalie in Eriksson Ek and a 6th rounder
Edmonton gets: Miromanov
Vegas doesn`t want to gamble on Lehner comming back so I think they move on from him and they are pretty happy with all 6 of their Dmen so Miromanov being 25 years old is expendable they use him to help clear the contract.

Edmonton needs to clear out a little bit more cap space so Ceci to Anaheim to help shelter some of the young D and give them some easier minutes helps them and taking a chance on a guy who has played well at every level in Miromanov might be their best option, especially since they probably wont be able to afford any of the potential Top 4 D in free agency.

Anaheim does this mostly for the picks, Ceci can help a little for the upcoming season. If Lehner plays he probably splits the net Dostal (assuming they trade Gibson) or goes on LTIR, either way they`re happy.

The contract for Bouchard might be a little too expensive but, they paid Nurse 9mil for what amounts to a 55ish point season so 8mil after B2B 40point seasons and the Playoff run he just had seems reasonable by Edmonton`s standards.

Ideally they could convince Bouchard to sign for less and get a guy like Mayfield to round-out the top 4 but, I don`t think that Holland will be able to pull it off.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,250,000
2$900,000
3$1,750,000
2$850,000
3$1,500,000
2$825,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. Foegele, Warren
  3. Kulak, Brett
  4. Yamamoto, Kailer
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (EDM)
  6. 2025 3rd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
2024 condition on making a conference final appearance
2025 condition on Raddysh resigning
both would turn into 1st rounders if met
EDM
  1. Lehner, Robin
  2. Miromanov, Daniil
  3. 2023 3rd round pick (BUF)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (VGK)
VGK
EDM
  1. Eriksson Ek, Olle [RFA Rights]
  2. 2023 6th round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. Ceci, Cody
  2. Lehner, Robin
  3. 2023 3rd round pick (BUF)
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (VGK)
EDM
VGK
  1. Eriksson Ek, Olle
  2. 2023 6th round pick (ANA)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$81,513,333$850,000$1,500,000$1,986,667

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$758,333$758,333
RW
RFA - 1
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,250,000$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RD
RFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:01 a.m.
CHI absolutely declines. Gonna cost WAYY more than that to dump all those contracts, let alone getting Raddysh too.
SociallyHawkward, ChiHawk, newman23 and 2 others liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:07 a.m.
Anaheim passes. We have no need for Lehner
Garak liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:08 a.m.
Remove that terrible Campbell contract and the hawks still decline.
Garak, ChiHawk, newman23 and 1 other person liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
Hawks probably don't take your phonecalls for a while after proposing this abortion of a deal.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Snowhawk
I don’t think a condition based on a player resigning is allowed under the NHL/player’s agreement.
lowblocksniper liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:43 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: Garak
CHI absolutely declines. Gonna cost WAYY more than that to dump all those contracts, let alone getting Raddysh too.

Foegle and Yamamoto only have 1 year left, no need to dump the contract, just play it out
Kulak is a 4-5th D-Man at a reasonable price
Campbell is a decent goalie and considering Commesso is just starting his pro career and Soderblom could probably use more time in the AHL, getting a stop gap goalie isn`t all that crazy.

Again the Hawks have more cap space than they know what to do with and you`re talking as though Raddysh scored 30 goals, it was 20, one time. Raddysh might improve next season but he`s just as likely to stay the same or be worse, why not get the picks and draft new prospect to help Bedard, Reichel, etc or trade the picks for better Vets?
Other than Raddysh none of the guys leaving Chicago is worth more than a 4th round or late 3rd
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: Snowhawk18
I don’t think a condition based on a player resigning is allowed under the NHL/player’s agreement.

I`m not sure either, it would just make sense to me, if it was allowed.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: wojohawk
Hawks probably don't take your phonecalls for a while after proposing this abortion of a deal.

That`s fine, they`ll call back when they don`t get better offers
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:47 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
Remove that terrible Campbell contract and the hawks still decline.

1 bad year doesn`t negate 4 solid years in the NHL and Chicago doen`t have an urgent need for a star goalie.
With almost 40mil in cap space I`m sure they could live with it.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:52 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Anaheim passes. We have no need for Lehner

They probably accept, 40mil in cap space and need has nothing to do with the trade. Whether Lehner plays the 2 years or is on LTIR the Ducks don`t care they take the picks and focus on getting better player to surround Zegras, Terry, McTavish, probably Fantili, Drysdale etc
Ceci is just a plug in for the 2-3 years before the Ducks D prospects are ready for the NHL, might be able to flip him later on with retained salary for a playoff team looking for RD depth
Jun. 19, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: lowblocksniper
They probably accept, 40mil in cap space and need has nothing to do with the trade. Whether Lehner plays the 2 years or is on LTIR the Ducks don`t care they take the picks and focus on getting better player to surround Zegras, Terry, McTavish, probably Fantili, Drysdale etc
Ceci is just a plug in for the 2-3 years before the Ducks D prospects are ready for the NHL, might be able to flip him later on with retained salary for a playoff team looking for RD depth

We will only have like 12 mil in cap space once everyone is signed so that doesn’t hold up
Jun. 19, 2023 at 12:13 p.m.
Sorry to throw a wrench in your thinking but Olle Eriksson-Ek went to play in the SHL.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 12:27 p.m.
Foegle and Yamamoto only have 1 year left, no need to dump the contract, just play it out
Campbell is a decent goalie and considering Commesso is just starting his pro career and Soderblom could probably use more time in the AHL, getting a stop gap goalie isn`t all that crazy.

Again the Hawks have more cap space than they know what to do with and you`re talking as though Raddysh scored 30 goals, it was 20, one time. Raddysh might improve next season but he`s just as likely to stay the same or be worse, why not get the picks and draft new prospect to help Bedard, Reichel, etc or trade the picks for better Vets?
Other than Raddysh none of the guys leaving Chicago is worth more than a 4th round or late 3rd

You definitely have got a pretty cocky attitude about what the Hawks should do.
Davidson said he’s not interested in bringing in another goalie. So even though you think it’s a good idea doesn’t mean it’s a a probability Yes, by design Hawks have got cap space. Doesn’t mean they are going to help out the Oilers w/their bad decisions from the kindness of their hearts. They are looking to get paid for helping out. Your proposal is underwhelming to a bunch on here.
Raddysh has not lit up the league by any stretch of the imagination but is trending up. Doubt Hawks want to sell low on him. He will get more ice time on a bad Hawks team & presumably fetch more at the TDL.
SociallyHawkward liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 12:33 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: BeefBouillon
Sorry to throw a wrench in your thinking but Olle Eriksson-Ek went to play in the SHL.

Honestly, I threw him in since the Ducks had quite a few Goalies in the system and Vegas didn`t have many, more of a throw in since he got Jumped by the other goalies
Jun. 19, 2023 at 12:46 p.m.

CHI positioned themselves to have this much cap space so they could have the flexibility to take on cap dumps that HELP their rebuild, while also not being tied into any long term contracts that could cause them issues down the road. This does not help our rebuild. CHI does not need a goalie. All this does is hand one of our best NHL assets to EDM and helps EDM clear a bunch of cap space for essentially nothing. Getting to the cap floor is a non issue. We don't need anything you are sending to us, but EDM does need what we are providing to them. Pay up or find someone else.

YOU act as though young 20 goal scorers on cap hits lower than the league minimum just grow on tree's. Not to mention he scored 20 goals playing on the lowest scoring team in the NHL last season.
SociallyHawkward liked this.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
LBS
Quoting: YeahRighttt
You definitely have got a pretty cocky attitude about what the Hawks should do.
Davidson said he’s not interested in bringing in another goalie. So even though you think it’s a good idea doesn’t mean it’s a a probability Yes, by design Hawks have got cap space. Doesn’t mean they are going to help out the Oilers w/their bad decisions from the kindness of their hearts. They are looking to get paid for helping out. Your proposal is underwhelming to a bunch on here.
Raddysh has not lit up the league by any stretch of the imagination but is trending up. Doubt Hawks want to sell low on him. He will get more ice time on a bad Hawks team & presumably fetch more at the TDL.

You act as if the Hawks get nothing in the deal, objectively every player the Hawks are receiving is better than the one going to the Oilers.
Yamamoto is inconsistent but, could be better than Raddysh long term but, obviously after last year he is not right now.
Campbell is better than Mrazek
Kulak is better than Blackwell and a defenseman on a team with no current established NHL LD.
Foegle and Dickinson is kind of a wash.
Plus 2 picks that could become 1st rounders if conditions are met and if my conditions are unreasonable they could be changed, I just wouldn`t immediately make them 1st rounders without seeing how the season goes. I wouldn`t call that selling low or charitable kindness, I`d call that working towards building the future. Also GM`s saying things all the time, doesn`t mean it`s true guys, get traded and waived without warning all the time.
Just because a majority disagree doesn`t make me wrong
Jun. 19, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.
1 bad year doesn`t negate 4 solid years in the NHL and Chicago doen`t have an urgent need for a star goalie.
With almost 40mil in cap space I`m sure they could live with it.

Doesn't matter if they could live with it. They're not taking on Edmonton terrible contracts without being properly compensated. It's simple as this, hawks are 1 of maybe 2-3 teams in the league willing to take cap dumps while there's about 15 teams that need to clear cap. Demand is high and supply is low so prices will also be high.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
LBS
We will only have like 12 mil in cap space once everyone is signed so that doesn’t hold up

Zegras around 9mil, Terry between 5-7mil, Benoit probably around 3mil, Drysdale around 3mil for short term after his year long injury, Dostal probably a short term deal as well around 2-3mil.
Around 25 mil in signings, leaves them with about 14 mil before the 5mil and 3,25mil from Ceci and Lehner. 6mil still available
Plus Lehner is no guarantee to play, might just be LTIR so might not even touch the Cap, so possibly 11mil and I do think the Ducks trade Gibson and free up his 6.4 mil and try playing some of the younger guys like Helleson to see if they like him or not before their Junior level prospects get to the AHL.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 1:15 p.m.
You act as if the Hawks get nothing in the deal, objectively every player the Hawks are receiving is better than the one going to the Oilers.
Yamamoto is inconsistent but, could be better than Raddysh long term but, obviously after last year he is not right now.
Campbell is better than Mrazek
Kulak is better than Blackwell and a defenseman on a team with no current established NHL LD.
Foegle and Dickinson is kind of a wash.
Plus 2 picks that could become 1st rounders if conditions are met and if my conditions are unreasonable they could be changed, I just wouldn`t immediately make them 1st rounders without seeing how the season goes. I wouldn`t call that selling low or charitable kindness, I`d call that working towards building the future. Also GM`s saying things all the time, doesn`t mean it`s true guys, get traded and waived without warning all the time.
Just because a majority disagree doesn`t make me wrong

You are right, it doesn’t make you wrong but it doesn’t mean you’re right either.
Yamamoto & Foegle are overpaid & underperforming or you would want to keep them. Kulak blocks 5 LD stuck down in AHL from getting their shot at showing if they got it or not.
If you are going to stick to your guns, cool. It’s a crap offer that wouldn’t fly IMO but don’t want to stomp on anyone else’s opinion. So I’ll leave you with yours.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 1:32 p.m.
Zegras around 9mil, Terry between 5-7mil, Benoit probably around 3mil, Drysdale around 3mil for short term after his year long injury, Dostal probably a short term deal as well around 2-3mil.
Around 25 mil in signings, leaves them with about 14 mil before the 5mil and 3,25mil from Ceci and Lehner. 6mil still available
Plus Lehner is no guarantee to play, might just be LTIR so might not even touch the Cap, so possibly 11mil and I do think the Ducks trade Gibson and free up his 6.4 mil and try playing some of the younger guys like Helleson to see if they like him or not before their Junior level prospects get to the AHL.

Terry will be 7 plus, Benoit doesn’t make over 1 million, we have to sign a couple UFA’s as well

Anaheim has operated within a in building cap ceiling for years. While Verbeek said he was told he can spend to the actual ceiling, this is not how he will do it
Jun. 19, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
LBS
Terry will be 7 plus, Benoit doesn’t make over 1 million, we have to sign a couple UFA’s as well

Anaheim has operated within a in building cap ceiling for years. While Verbeek said he was told he can spend to the actual ceiling, this is not how he will do it

I mean, they`ve signed guys like Klingberg on Shattenkirk to big short term deals but, I don`t think 3.25 for 3 and 5 for 2 hurts them long or short term and the picks help them trade for guys they might like now or move up in the draft for guys they like.
Just because a player like Ceci is a ``capdump`` doesn`t make him a bad player (Reilly Smith was a Cap Dump), guy does his job 4th D and Kills penalties. FA Guys like Mayfield, Graves, Dumoulin, Soucy and Dumba who are better than him will probably want longer term contracts and higher numbers that block your young guys from coming up 1-2-3 years down the road and might turn into capdumps themselves. Ceci is safe and easy to move, with the cap expected to continue going up.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
TRad put up 20G/40P in his first real chance to play. Kind of a tough break being a 21/22 year old prospect coming up on a team that goes back to back Cups and you get some bottom of the roster chance the following season before getting moved at the deadline. TRad's production with a 750K caphit and RFA control is the stuff of 1st rounder Plus at the deadline and I don't mean a maybe or but or if 1st. Campbell is a 1st plus probably a good prospect at this point to get out of 4 years of his contract. And no it is not just one bad season, it is 3 straight seasons of getting worse culminating in a terrible season. No one is helping Edmonton out of that contract because they "need a goalie" when the Hawk GM has explicitly stated he does not. The Hawks object for this season is figure out what you have in the LHD inventory of prospects, Goalie prospects, and see what Reicehl and Bedard can be and lose enough to hopefully end up in the top 3 in the draft again. Kulak, Foegele, & Yama only accomplish winning a few meaningless games to hurt the Hawk's draft positioning and clutter roster spots where the Hawks can start auditioning kids to figure out which of them might be a contributor in 2 or 3 seasons when they are ready to worry about results because the last few drafts are starting to arrive at the NHL level.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll