Created by: mauston_atthews
Team: 2023-24 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 21, 2023
Published: Jul. 21, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Atlantic:

Leafs:
- lost a lot, but gained a lot. Probably a better team that addressed big needs (puck moving from the blue line, forwards that are hard to play against). A 111 point team just got even better. I think they’re the best team in the division.

Bruins:

- Bergeron and krejci likely retiring will hurt, but they always find a way to do well. It’s time to stop betting against the bruins. I think they fall off a bit but still come second

Sabres:

- they’re gonna surprise a lot of people man. Improved defence and Devon Levi looks like the answer. The two biggest issues coming into this season look much improved, but still need some work imo (defence mostly). The offence is elite. This team will pop off and make the playoffs for the first time in like what, 14 years?

Tampa:

- Killorn and Colton gone is another dent in this team’s armour, but their resilience is unmatched. Their core is still intact, and there will be someone to fill in those holes (think Jeannot, eyesimmont) I think they’re gonna be a little worse though, but a good 4th and a wildcard spot.

Panthers:

- “But they went to the Stanley cup final!!??” So did the 2021 Habs. It doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be good next year. They were a penguins win away from missing. Now, do I think they’ll suck? No. I think they can still even make the playoffs. But this team lost gudas, their defence is still kinda bad, montour and ekglass are out for the beginning of the year, I don’t think the offence can outscore these problems. I wouldn’t be surprised if they squeak in again, but there’s too many questions regarding defence and goaltending.

Red Wings:

- man, this division is stacked. I think if the red wings were in the pacific or central they would make it, but the rest of the teams are too good. I like the debrincat trade, but the defence is just, what?? Ghost, holl, chiarot?? This is not a playoff top 4. Wallman and seider are good though. They ain’t there yet.

Sens:

- the debrincat trade was rough. I do like the improvements on d with a full year of chychrun, and the korpisalo acquisition. Honestly, the sens and red wings are interchangeable.

Habs:

- rebuilding young and fun team. It hurts to say but this team’s got a good future. They ain’t there yet though.

Metro:

Canes:

The best team in the division last year lost nothing and added orlov and bunting. I think they’re not just the best in the division or the conference, they’re the best in the league. Oh and Svech is back lol.

Devils:

- Man what a squad. Defence and offence is immaculate, the toffoli trade made it even better. The only question is goaltending, but man the rest of the team makes up for it. Speed and skill. These guys and the canes will be fighting for the pres trophy.

** MIND THE GAP **

Rangers:

- I still think they’re a playoff team for sure. Shesty, fox, Panarin, zibanejad, but lafreniere hasn’t taken that next step nor has kakko. I like chytil but they really didn’t add anything of significance this off-season. I think they stay third though because of their star power at every position.

Penguins:

- now, IF they get karlsson (which could happen as your reading this), they could take third over the rangers. However as of now I think they’re improved from last year but not by a ton. Graves is a great add. Zucker leaving is a bit of a loss. They’ve improved a bit but their stars are aging another year. But they’re the penguins and should find a way.

Islanders:

- they did nothing but sign weird extenstions to players. A mid team stays mid. Watch them still make it lol. I can’t count out a team with sorokin. I think horvat has potential to be better though.

Columbus:

- watch out for these guys man. I think you’re gonna see a bounce back season from this team. I like the additions on defence, fantilli will definitely make them better now, along with improvements from Johnson, gaudreau, and sillinger. Werenski coming back is also huge. This could be a fun season for them, but I don’t think they’re there yet.

Capitals:

- their window is shut. I get Carlson coming back is huge, but they lost orlov, sheary, Eller, and didn’t really replace them. The team’s getting even older and I just don’t think they’re there anymore.

Philly:

-rebuilding, finally in a stable direction. I like the moves so far. This team has potential in the future with Danny briere at the helm. Not this year tho.

Central:

Avs:

- still the avs. I like the johansen add, and I just think they’re gonna be fine like they were last year. Should top the division.

Stars:

- really solid off-season. I like the duchene add a lot. $2M for a guy who was ppg just two years ago? Sign me up. He’s playing with some talented guys as well. Robertson should get even better along with hintz, oettinger, and heiskanen. Mi piace.

Wild:

- Still solid. The cap structure though… They didn’t really lose much outside of dumba, but they can do without him. I still think they’re a solid team.

Blues:

- Injuries and uncharacteristic play from a lot of these guys was the reason they were so bad last year. I think this team is still in good hands with the core they got though. The defence is still solid, binner can be better as well. They should make the playoffs through the WC.

Preds:

- Underrated horrible direction they’re going in. What exactly are they trying to be? A perennial wildcard team? I get trying to stay competitive but for what? A potential wildcard spot and getting mopped by the 1 seed? (2022). You buy out duchene and trade johansen. Good, maybe a rebuild is on the horizon. Then you sign aging Ryan o Reilly and Luke Schenn…

Jets:

- this team is finished lol. Hellebuyck will be traded soon along with likely schieffele. I like them trying to stay competitive with the excellent Dubois deal tho, but I still think this team will be mid especially without hellebuyck.

Coyotes:

- rebuilding, but they’ll be better this year. Idk if Cooley is playing but if he is that’ll be awesome. The first line of Hayton Keller and schmaltz was dynamite to end the season. Have some more development up front in net and on the blue line from their prospects and they’ll be a sneaky team once again, likely better than last year.

Blackhawks:

- Bad, for sure, but not as bad as last year. Hall and Bedard are huge additions but this team will still suck with their lack of, well, everything outside of them lol. They’re rebuilding though so I like their direction

Pacific:

Oilers:

- A full year with ekholm on the blue line should solidify this team. They were unreal to end the season and who knows what mcdavid and them will be able to accomplish this season. They should top the division.

Golden Knights:

- Stanley cup champs. Not many expected it but I think they should’ve. A solid deep team with virtually no weaknesses. We’ll see if hill will keep up what he did, but he should still be a very good goaltender. Losing Reilly smith sucks but they should still be fine.

Kings:

- All their young players just keep getting better and I expect that to continue. Dubois is a big add. Did they give up a lot? Of course, but they needed to trade some of those guys. They had too many forwards to not make a move like this and cash in on their value. They should be comfortably in third but their goaltending definitely worries me.

Canucks:

- This team has improved a lot. The defence is MUCH better. Soucy Cole and hronek are great adds. The offence will be fine with pettersson performing at his incredible level again, and they actually finished the season off well once demko came back healthy. They could shock some people and.. maybe overtake CGY. We’ll see tho!

Flames:

- this team got incredibly unlucky last year with their shooting percentage and save percentage being insanely low. They lost like 15 OT/SO games lmao. These are major anomalies imo and should come up. However, they could not finish because they don’t have many goal scorers, and they lost their top one in a horrible trade (Toffoli). I still do like their team though. Their defence is excellent and huberdeau should have a bounce back. There’s a lot up in the air though so I don’t think an incredible season is on the horizon.

Kraken:

- I know, bold. The advanced stats on this team were remarkable in the sense that they were so incredibly lucky with their shooting percentage and Goals scored above expected. This team will decline. Maybe not that much, but their lack of starpower still worries me. I just don’t think what they did last year was sustainable.

Anaheim:

- Rebuilding. Carlson is excellent, I am excited about him. They did add a considerable amount, yet they just seem like veterans who were overpaid to come here and mentor some young guys and make the team slightly more competitive I guess.

Sharks:

- I am treating this as EK65 being gone. Without him, they’re finished. Dead in the water AWFUL. Hertl and couture and no one else. The defence, shocking. Goaltending non existent. This team will be a stinking pile of trash next year, probably last.
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
40$83,500,000$277,945,214$0$6,750,000-$194,445,214
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Atlantic, Division
$775,000$775,000
Metropolitan, Division
$775,000$775,000
Central, Division
$775,000$775,000
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$12,600,000$12,600,000
C
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
UFA - 7
Logo of the New York Rangers
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$8,125,000$8,125,000
RW
UFA - 8
Playoff, Line
$775,000$775,000
Playoff, Line
$775,000$775,000
Playoff, Line
$775,000$775,000
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the New York Islanders
$9,150,000$9,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$9,059,000$9,059,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,750,000$9,750,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,350,000$8,350,000
C
UFA - 8
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$7,150,000$7,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Pacific, Division
$775,000$775,000
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C, LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Playoff, Line
$775,000$775,000
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
KFTW
Ottawa aren’t worse than they were last year
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:49 p.m.
Have to see how the world jr scandal - potential suspensions - affects teams / players.
I think Johansen will be a bust - Preds paid to ship him out; dude had 7g/18p in 55 games at 5v5 last year, he’s washed.
Otherwise - pretty good predictions,
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:50 p.m.
Lets go Preds
Johansen was terrible and lazy. We made a playoff push after the deadline with our kids, with forsberg josi Duchene all out and fell 1 point away from the 8th seed. Oh and we still have saros. I think we make the playoffs but I agree probably not the direction we should of went
mauston_atthews liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:52 p.m.
Leafs suck
Quoting: GeauxPreds1
Johansen was terrible and lazy. We made a playoff push after the deadline with our kids, with forsberg josi Duchene all out and fell 1 point away from the 8th seed. Oh and we still have saros. I think we make the playoffs but I agree probably not the direction we should of went

I was really interchanging the preds and blues alot. I could see either or tbh.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:52 p.m.

For the record, I'm starting the think Colton will win the 2C job over RyJo in camp. We needed a guy, and we got a guy, but I don't think he's gonna put up more than 10 and 20 this year.
GeauxPreds1 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
Lets go Preds
Quoting: Avsfantrumpetman
For the record, I'm starting the think Colton will win the 2C job over RyJo in camp. We needed a guy, and we got a guy, but I don't think he's gonna put up more than 10 and 20 this year.

Probably for the best. If Johansen is your 2c you will be frustrated with him every night. As a 3c you’ll be excited that your 3c has some really good nights and you won’t have to stress about his lazy nights which there will be.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.
Probably for the best. If Johansen is your 2c you will be frustrated with him every night. As a 3c you’ll be excited that your 3c has some really good nights and you won’t have to stress about his lazy nights which there will be.

Yup, and honestly I think less pressure will be good for him. And we handled our business pretty well with Compher at 2C last year who barely got over 50. Let RyJo play a bit less and still give him PP time to get the good stuff out of him. And frankly the floor is VERY low on what we gave up. He could get 20 points next year and I would still think it was a good trade lol.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 7:22 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
You are way too high on BOS. I know we said that last year, but they are most likely loosing their 2 best centers. Plus, Ullmark is prob not being as good as last year
Jul. 21, 2023 at 7:51 p.m.
Quoting: Caufield
You are way too high on BOS. I know we said that last year, but they are most likely loosing their 2 best centers. Plus, Ullmark is prob not being as good as last year

Bud, they almost lapped you last year (1.98 x your point tally) 😂. Even if they drop off 30% from last year (which is insanely high), they are still making the playoffs
Jul. 21, 2023 at 7:53 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
I'd be surprised if Seattle did that bad after the season they just had
Jul. 21, 2023 at 7:54 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

They could have forfeited the first 15 games and still made the playoffs last year. I can't see them dropping off THAT hard.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 8:05 p.m.
"Go sell ice cream!"
I don't necessarily agree with your predictions, but your logic is very sound. Well done.
mauston_atthews liked this.
Jul. 21, 2023 at 9:31 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Quoting: MitchJr
Bud, they almost lapped you last year (1.98 x your point tally) 😂. Even if they drop off 30% from last year (which is insanely high), they are still making the playoffs

Not comparing them to the Habs, bud. BUF, OTT, DET on the other hand, well, lets just say BOS are playing in an even better Atlantic, with a worse team than last year...
Jul. 21, 2023 at 9:39 p.m.
Not comparing them to the Habs, bud. BUF, OTT, DET on the other hand, well, lets just say BOS are playing in an even better Atlantic, with a worse team than last year...

I get it - Atlantic is a beast and all the bottom teams are getting better (Sabres, sens, wings & habs) but tough to say the team that set the league record for points last year is going to miss the playoffs the year after. Marchand, pasta, mcavoy, Lindholm, the goalies - still a lot of great players
Jul. 21, 2023 at 9:41 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Quoting: MitchJr
I get it - Atlantic is a beast and all the bottom teams are getting better (Sabres, sens, wings & habs) but tough to say the team that set the league record for points last year is going to miss the playoffs the year after. Marchand, pasta, mcavoy, Lindholm, the goalies - still a lot of great players

It's that BUF team though... If Levi answers the question marks in the right way, top 5 team in the league... BOS will probably make the playoff, but most likely as a wildcard team
Jul. 21, 2023 at 9:49 p.m.
Bedard23
Seattle is several light years ahead of Calgary and Vancouver
Jul. 21, 2023 at 9:49 p.m.
It's that BUF team though... If Levi answers the question marks in the right way, top 5 team in the league... BOS will probably make the playoff, but most likely as a wildcard team

Maybe, but a lot to put on a young goalie’s shoulders, only 7 games in the league.
Caufield liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll