M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$2,450,000$2,450,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
RFA - 2
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 2, 2023 at 4:34 a.m.
Might be wrong about these takes but I genuinely think both Islanders and Toronto accepts. Regarding the rest I don’t think so.

Blue Jackets fans will not accept the Peeke trade and it won’t even be close because they see him as a decent top 4 guy with some great defensive upside alongside a fantastic contract.

Nashville is weird but from what I understand they will use this year to just evacuate things. But the one thing I don’t think they’ll do is give away draft picks.

The Vancouver trade will be a big no from the Canucks side. A top 10 draft pick for a 2nd rounder from the same draft just speaks for itself considering neither of them has established themselves in the NHL.

Last but not least it’s Minnesota. Järnkrok is great but I doubt they would part ways with Foligno and his play-style for him. Regarding Middleton, he’s on their 1st pairing for a reason. Plus, Why would Minnesota give up every last dollar of their cap space to not get better? I can see them at least thinking about Järnkrok-Foligno but never Middleton-Brodie
AK50, OldNYIfan, CaseyFlyman and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 4:39 a.m.
While I might have talked down most of the trades, I must admit that this team you’ve assembled is brilliant. The forward core might have lost a few goals for but you’ve compensated with less goals against and more toughness. Regarding the defense, it’s fantastic
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 5:09 a.m.
Canucks pass
Sep. 2, 2023 at 5:38 a.m.
Quoting: Aebexz
Might be wrong about these takes but I genuinely think both Islanders and Toronto accepts. Regarding the rest I don’t think so.

Blue Jackets fans will not accept the Peeke trade and it won’t even be close because they see him as a decent top 4 guy with some great defensive upside alongside a fantastic contract.

Nashville is weird but from what I understand they will use this year to just evacuate things. But the one thing I don’t think they’ll do is give away draft picks.

The Vancouver trade will be a big no from the Canucks side. A top 10 draft pick for a 2nd rounder from the same draft just speaks for itself considering neither of them has established themselves in the NHL.

Last but not least it’s Minnesota. Järnkrok is great but I doubt they would part ways with Foligno and his play-style for him. Regarding Middleton, he’s on their 1st pairing for a reason. Plus, Why would Minnesota give up every last dollar of their cap space to not get better? I can see them at least thinking about Järnkrok-Foligno but never Middleton-Brodie

All very fair and thoughtful feedback, something that is much appreciated here. Can't disagree really
Aebexz and OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 5:48 a.m.

This isn't true. A fair bit of CBJ fans think he sucks. Most who don't, think that he's just a decent 3rd pair guy who can play up in the lineup decently if he's supported. The reason we don't want these trades is because so many around the league seem to view him as having real value and they're in no rush to move him. Trading him for a late 3rd and a nothing player makes no sense when they can just hold him till an actually valuable offer comes in, and if not just move him for that price anyway. Same thing with Boqvist. These guys aren't really gonna depreciate in value so CBJ don't need to just take the first offer on them when teams will certainly become more needy for a RD later in the season.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 6:24 a.m.
A-toad-a-so

What CBJ fans are you talking to because 90% of us think he’s a 3rd pair only player and he’s slightly overpaid. He blocks shots and hits, but consistently gets walked and doesn’t do **** on offense. He’s played top-4 the past two years because of injuries and Boqvist not developing, and he’s been horrible against the tougher competition. That’s why Jarmo went out and overpaid for Severson.
Trevor31lv, Aebexz and CaseyFlyman liked this.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 6:44 a.m.
Quoting: Prison_Goalie_Rick
What CBJ fans are you talking to because 90% of us think he’s a 3rd pair only player and he’s slightly overpaid. He blocks shots and hits, but consistently gets walked and doesn’t do **** on offense. He’s played top-4 the past two years because of injuries and Boqvist not developing, and he’s been horrible against the tougher competition. That’s why Jarmo went out and overpaid for Severson.

Quoting: Trevor31lv
This isn't true. A fair bit of CBJ fans think he sucks. Most who don't, think that he's just a decent 3rd pair guy who can play up in the lineup decently if he's supported. The reason we don't want these trades is because so many around the league seem to view him as having real value and they're in no rush to move him. Trading him for a late 3rd and a nothing player makes no sense when they can just hold him till an actually valuable offer comes in, and if not just move him for that price anyway. Same thing with Boqvist. These guys aren't really gonna depreciate in value so CBJ don't need to just take the first offer on them when teams will certainly become more needy for a RD later in the season.

Thanks for the heads up! I based that comment on the comments from more or less every Peeke trade I’ve seen from AGMs, which is a lot tbh. I guess I’ve just been unlucky and seen that “10%” that really likes him then.
Trevor31lv, Prison_Goalie_Rick, OldNYIfan and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 7:06 a.m.
Thanks for the heads up! I based that comment on the comments from more or less every Peeke trade I’ve seen from AGMs, which is a lot tbh. I guess I’ve just been unlucky and seen that “10%” that really likes him then.

I mean, a fair bit of it is stupid offers from others at the beginning of the offseason upping expectations too. It wasn't uncommon at all as few months ago to see TOR/EDM or a few other ACGMs what were trading a 1st for Peeke, or at least a 2nd + something else of decent value. Some of them may have been trolls, but there were legit fans of those teams thinking he was worth that much. I think I've fallen a bit victim to it too since that sorta became the norm. Not because I think Peeke is actually good, but because apparently others do and want to give decent value for him.

As far as CBJ fans tho, I think the majority think he's not good, or even flat out sucks. He was horribly exposed playing 1st line minutes. Part of that is cause the whole team was in shambles and Werenski was gone, but a lot of it is that Peeke simply isn't capable of holding his own against high level players.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 8:11 a.m.
Rip
While I might have talked down most of the trades, I must admit that this team you’ve assembled is brilliant. The forward core might have lost a few goals for but you’ve compensated with less goals against and more toughness. Regarding the defense, it’s fantastic

It's lost major offence. The leafs don't need Dobson they have Rielly. Peeke was absolutely blown to piece last year. Just epically destroyed every night. Middleton is fine though.

This is all just too much. But the guy who posts this is adamant that every leaf sucks and they need to change everything because he has opinions.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 8:11 a.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Nope
Sep. 2, 2023 at 10:26 a.m.
Why is Nash paying a 3rd for a dude who might get waived
Sep. 2, 2023 at 12:17 p.m.
Quoting: Trevor31lv
I mean, a fair bit of it is stupid offers from others at the beginning of the offseason upping expectations too. It wasn't uncommon at all as few months ago to see TOR/EDM or a few other ACGMs what were trading a 1st for Peeke, or at least a 2nd + something else of decent value. Some of them may have been trolls, but there were legit fans of those teams thinking he was worth that much. I think I've fallen a bit victim to it too since that sorta became the norm. Not because I think Peeke is actually good, but because apparently others do and want to give decent value for him.

As far as CBJ fans tho, I think the majority think he's not good, or even flat out sucks. He was horribly exposed playing 1st line minutes. Part of that is cause the whole team was in shambles and Werenski was gone, but a lot of it is that Peeke simply isn't capable of holding his own against high level players.

I don't think we know what Peeke actually is yet since prior to the past 2 years he had played a grand total of 33 NHL games with limited minutes and Larsen's defensive system sucked.
He is probably best suited for 3rd line minutes or a shot blocking middle pair defenseman like Savard.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: CBJ_Bob
I don't think we know what Peeke actually is yet since prior to the past 2 years he had played a grand total of 33 NHL games with limited minutes and Larsen's defensive system sucked.
He is probably best suited for 3rd line minutes or a shot blocking middle pair defenseman like Savard.

This is why you need to evaluate players based on their toolsets and give context to their stats. it's incredibly difficult to evaluate a 24 year old defenseman statistically who was asked to be the #1 shutdown guy on a bottom feeder team in only his 2nd full season. The fact he was trusted with that role in the first place is encouraging though and with his size and mobility you can see why that investment might make sense. On a talented team like Toronto and the system they employ he probably looks night and day, as has been the case with Lyubushkin, Schenn, McCabe (for the most part) and most defensemen across the league who go from a rebuild to a contender.
CBJ_Bob liked this.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 12:48 p.m.
Canucks decline. Management is high on Podkolzin, they certainly won’t move him for Robertson. Robertson fills absolutely no needs, he’s a small, injury-prone winger. Canucks need size, have too many injury prone guys already, and the last thing we need is wingers.
PeterForsberg21 liked this.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
VAN decline. They have no reason to move Podkolzin.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 2:22 p.m.
Quoting: Epic_Ninja_Dude
Canucks decline. Management is high on Podkolzin, they certainly won’t move him for Robertson. Robertson fills absolutely no needs, he’s a small, injury-prone winger. Canucks need size, have too many injury prone guys already, and the last thing we need is wingers.

Fair for sure, kind of a pointless trade the more I think about it.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 2:32 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
It's lost major offence. The leafs don't need Dobson they have Rielly. Peeke was absolutely blown to piece last year. Just epically destroyed every night. Middleton is fine though.

This is all just too much. But the guy who posts this is adamant that every leaf sucks and they need to change everything because he has opinions.

Not every Leaf, but starting to notice it's most the Leafs Dubas brought in coincidentally....Or because he didn't leave himself enough cap to keep the good ones.

Imagine saying....

"Tampa doesn't need Sergachev and McDonagh, they have Hedman"
"Colorado doesn't need Toews and Manson, they have Makar, Girard and Byram"
"Vegas doesn't need Martinez and Pietrangelo, they have Theodore"

Almost like elite D cores are incredibly important to win it all...
Sep. 2, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
Not every Leaf, but starting to notice it's most the Leafs Dubas brought in coincidentally....Or because he didn't leave himself enough cap to keep the good ones.

Imagine saying....

"Tampa doesn't need Sergachev and McDonagh, they have Hedman"
"Colorado doesn't need Toews and Manson, they have Makar, Girard and Byram"
"Vegas doesn't need Martinez and Pietrangelo, they have Theodore"

Almost like elite D cores are incredibly important to win it all...

And none of those teams moved stars to get the Manson's of the world.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
And none of those teams moved stars to get the Manson's of the world.

Players traded out on their paths to the cup: Duchene, T. Barrie, Brannstrom, Cody Glass (6th overall pick), Nick Suzuki, Kerfoot, Drouin were the major pieces in their biggest trades; all soft, offensive perimeter players at the time with only Suzuki changing that narrative. At the end of the day there won't be a great comparable because we're the only team stupid enough to invest more than half our cap in 4 players, and a lot of our fans are the only people stupid enough to do it again after 7 years of failure.

We didn't trade our stars, we gave them away because we mismanaged the cap so badly.

JVR, Hyman, Kadri, Andersen...

and soon -

Knies, Woll, Cowan, Bertuzzi, Samsonov, Domi, Niemela.

Or we finally use some common sense and trade one of our core 4.
Sep. 2, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
Rip
Players traded out on their paths to the cup: Duchene, T. Barrie, Brannstrom, Cody Glass (6th overall pick), Nick Suzuki, Kerfoot, Drouin were the major pieces in their biggest trades; all soft, offensive perimeter players at the time with only Suzuki changing that narrative. At the end of the day there won't be a great comparable because we're the only team stupid enough to invest more than half our cap in 4 players, and a lot of our fans are the only people stupid enough to do it again after 7 years of failure.

We didn't trade our stars, we gave them away because we mismanaged the cap so badly.

and soon -

and soon -

You're so lost its sad

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll