Published: Oct. 12, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CGY
  1. 2026 4th round pick (TBL)
OTT
  1. 2026 4th round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Condition riddled pick based on Brannstrom's performance and playing time.
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$75,483,333$0$865,000$8,016,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$832,500$832,500
RW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 12, 2023 at 11:35 a.m.
After the preseason he has had and the first game, I don;t think Sens are looking to move Branny.
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 11:39 a.m.
get klapka out. people like him but clearly to the coaches schwindt is closer than klapka is.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 11:48 a.m.
no thanks!
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:03 p.m.
If TB was interested in goalies they have done so Stalock was free and a much better option. Better save % and other stats playing in front of a God awful Chicago team last year. Wat cheaper and less term . Calgary fan please TB doesn't have the cap space upon Vasilevskiy's return and really aren't interested in Vladar stop 🛑.
Hawksguy81, KingofRnR and Brolekb2b liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:21 p.m.
Quoting: Kadri_is_insane
get klapka out. people like him but clearly to the coaches schwindt is closer than klapka is.

Conroy said yesterday that Klapka was one of the brasses favourite guys that they had to send down, Schwindt got a longer look because they were begging for anyone to take that 4C spot as they are very weak there right now.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
If TB was interested in goalies they have done so Stalock was free and a much better option. Better save % and other stats playing in front of a God awful Chicago team last year. Wat cheaper and less term . Calgary fan please TB doesn't have the cap space upon Vasilevskiy's return and really aren't interested in Vladar stop 🛑.

Haha, settle down. If you look at the chances given up in front of Vladar, Calgary was as god awful, I do think Stalock is better I don't disagree. Who knows what happens between now and American Thanksgiving!
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: NDoody
After the preseason he has had and the first game, I don;t think Sens are looking to move Branny.

Quoting: emoprettyboy
no thanks!

What kind of deal would you look at for Brannstrom, feels like with a little bit of cap trouble a 2M cap hit moving out wouldn't be the worst thing. Obviously don't sell pennies on the dollar but a good trade candidate
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: yycofred
Haha, settle down. If you look at the chances given up in front of Vladar, Calgary was as god awful, I do think Stalock is better I don't disagree. Who knows what happens between now and American Thanksgiving!

You're missing the cap ramifications
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:37 p.m.
You're missing the cap ramifications

From the biggest cap circus team of the past 5 years, I'm sure they'd be fine. Tampa's cap is like the NFL, it's just kind of there.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:45 p.m.
Conroy said yesterday that Klapka was one of the brasses favourite guys that they had to send down, Schwindt got a longer look because they were begging for anyone to take that 4C spot as they are very weak there right now.

huska does't roll all 4 lines all the time like sutter, last night you could see that with greer disappearing for a while, i think dube will be with backlund and coleman. i do think ruzicka is that 4C for right now its his spot to lose, i think our wingers are all in for a lock rn with the exception of greer/hunt if the 4c becomes an issue with ruzicka then he plays his way out of the lineup they can bring in a guy like stastny or call up schwindt or possibly even bring a guy off waviers again (not ideal but possible) i see klapka as a winger and theres no openings for rn, i do put him with guys like zary/solovyov/wolf/schwindt as the first guys to get called up for injuries
KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:59 p.m.
From the biggest cap circus team of the past 5 years, I'm sure they'd be fine. Tampa's cap is like the NFL, it's just kind of there.

Crying about LTIR really? That's a pathetic statement actually. Palat., McDonagh,Killorn Johnson Colton Coleman, Goodrow all guys TB lost because of salary cap other than possibly Johnson all guys TB would love to have.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 1:09 p.m.
huska does't roll all 4 lines all the time like sutter, last night you could see that with greer disappearing for a while, i think dube will be with backlund and coleman. i do think ruzicka is that 4C for right now its his spot to lose, i think our wingers are all in for a lock rn with the exception of greer/hunt if the 4c becomes an issue with ruzicka then he plays his way out of the lineup they can bring in a guy like stastny or call up schwindt or possibly even bring a guy off waviers again (not ideal but possible) i see klapka as a winger and theres no openings for rn, i do put him with guys like zary/solovyov/wolf/schwindt as the first guys to get called up for injuries

Greer has been with the team all of 2 days, Sharangovich got a run on every line last night as nothing he did clicked, the top line got more minutes in a close game and there were 14 minutes of special teams to be played. Of course the 4th line didn't get a ton of time. Lindholm also dominated the faceoff circle and got put out with an assortment of lines in the D Zone to win a draw, move the puck to the O Zone and change, happened at least 4 times, usually at the expense of Greer or Sharangovich. Klapka is a winger, hence why he's a winger in the post, the Flames really struggled in the D Zone when the Ruzicka line was on the ice, the transition from defense to offense was non-existent and the Jets seemed to get good to great chance off the rush nearly every time they matched up against the 4th line. Duher and Ruzicka were also the only two players to not get an O-zone start, there's zero trust in that 4th line.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
Crying about LTIR really? That's a pathetic statement actually. Palat., McDonagh,Killorn Johnson Colton Coleman, Goodrow all guys TB lost because of salary cap other than possibly Johnson all guys TB would love to have.

Who is crying? They've done a better job at skirting it than any other team and it pays off. Why do you consistently run at a hundred degrees. Breathe, chill, have a drink and cool off you angry little man.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
Edited Oct. 12, 2023 at 2:02 p.m.
What kind of deal would you look at for Brannstrom, feels like with a little bit of cap trouble a 2M cap hit moving out wouldn't be the worst thing. Obviously don't sell pennies on the dollar but a good trade candidate

moving Branny doesn'y do anything for the Sens' cap issues. 2M deal and they'd still need to replace his spot on the lineup. take 800k for that and with the Sens having just 62k in space, ~1.2-1.3M isn't enough to sign Pinto, let alone carry a 13th forward or 7th defenceman. so the cap crunch thing for the Sens is kinda a moot point. regardless, Branny's price is minimum a 2nd, probably in the area of like a 2nd and a 4th/5th
yycofred and Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Patty put out new line yegor 4c
Oct. 12, 2023 at 2:11 p.m.
Patty put out new line yegor 4c

That second line he posted scares me for sure but the 4th line definitely looks faster and more dangerous. Sharangovich looked comfortable enough in the Dzone an on the PK but lost everywhere else.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 2:24 p.m.
TrevorA
Greer has been with the team all of 2 days, Sharangovich got a run on every line last night as nothing he did clicked, the top line got more minutes in a close game and there were 14 minutes of special teams to be played. Of course the 4th line didn't get a ton of time. Lindholm also dominated the faceoff circle and got put out with an assortment of lines in the D Zone to win a draw, move the puck to the O Zone and change, happened at least 4 times, usually at the expense of Greer or Sharangovich. Klapka is a winger, hence why he's a winger in the post, the Flames really struggled in the D Zone when the Ruzicka line was on the ice, the transition from defense to offense was non-existent and the Jets seemed to get good to great chance off the rush nearly every time they matched up against the 4th line. Duher and Ruzicka were also the only two players to not get an O-zone start, there's zero trust in that 4th line.

The Greer-Ruzicka-Duehr line had 1GF vs 0GA, 2SF vs 2SA and 2CF vs 3CA at Even Strength, they didn't really get severely outplayed. They looked just fine together actually in their first game together. Ruzicka played with more speed and emotion and made a beautiful backhand pass to Greer on a 2on1

The Sharangovich-Kadri-Coronato line had 0GF vs 1GA, 2SF vs 6SA and 3CF vs 8CA, they're the ones who got severely outplayed. They tried Ruzicka-Kadri-Coronato for a minute after the PK, and they had 0GF vs 1GA, 0SF vs 2SA and 0CF vs 2CF. None of Kadri's lines were effective at even strength last night. We really need to re-consider Kadri's wingers or whether he should be played at Centre at all. He's a defensive liability. The only time Kadri's line wasn't giving up More Shots and Chances, was when Huberdeau & Lindholm were out there with him
Oct. 12, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
The Greer-Ruzicka-Duehr line had 1GF vs 0GA, 2SF vs 2SA and 2CF vs 3CA at Even Strength, they didn't really get severely outplayed. They looked just fine together actually in their first game together. Ruzicka played with more speed and emotion and made a beautiful backhand pass to Greer on a 2on1

The Sharangovich-Kadri-Coronato line had 0GF vs 1GA, 2SF vs 6SA and 3CF vs 8CA, they're the ones who got severely outplayed. They tried Ruzicka-Kadri-Coronato for a minute after the PK, and they had 0GF vs 1GA, 0SF vs 2SA and 0CF vs 2CF. None of Kadri's lines were effective at even strength last night. We really need to re-consider Kadri's wingers or whether he should be played at Centre at all. He's a defensive liability. The only time Kadri's line wasn't giving up More Shots and Chances, was when Huberdeau & Lindholm were out there with him

Kadri-Huberdeau-Lindholm played a minute together after a power play when the other teams top defenders were on the bench... obviously they caved in the other team, if they gave up a shot it would have been embarrassing.

Ruzicka's contribution to the even strength goal was losing a draw, watching Duher win a battle against a D man, moving three strides to the middle and watching the puck go in. Him and Greer had the same impact on that play. As previously said.... Sharangovich, Kadri and Dube were defensive black holes. Kadri won more battles in the Ozone than anyone last night and probably maintained posession below the circles better than anyone.. kinda what you're looking for from an offensive C, no one brought him in there for his 200 foot game.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 2:49 p.m.
TrevorA
Kadri-Huberdeau-Lindholm played a minute together after a power play when the other teams top defenders were on the bench... obviously they caved in the other team, if they gave up a shot it would have been embarrassing.

Ruzicka's contribution to the even strength goal was losing a draw, watching Duher win a battle against a D man, moving three strides to the middle and watching the puck go in. Him and Greer had the same impact on that play. As previously said.... Sharangovich, Kadri and Dube were defensive black holes. Kadri won more battles in the Ozone than anyone last night and probably maintained posession below the circles better than anyone.. kinda what you're looking for from an offensive C, no one brought him in there for his 200 foot game.

Right lol. 2 Goals Against while Kadri's on the Ice at Event Strength vs. 0 Goals For = another -2 Night. He certainly didn't do what he was brought in for last night

Everything you mentioned he did well, would serve Huberdeau & Lindholm well. You will see them out there together more often, especially after the PK and/or when we're tied or behind, so get used to it
Oct. 12, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Right lol. 2 Goals Against while Kadri's on the Ice at Event Strength vs. 0 Goals For = another -2 Night. He certainly didn't do what he was brought in for last night

Everything you mentioned he did well, would serve Huberdeau & Lindholm well. You will see them out there together more often, especially after the PK and/or when we're tied or behind, so get used to it

They've been looking at someone to blow the top off the D to give Huberdeau more space... hence Dube, wasn't great last night. Mangiapane possesses the puck and has a solid 200 ft game on the wing, worked pretty well last night, Kadri and Huberdeau would be terrifying in transition. Kadri was excellent for Coronato in the O-zone and no one s asking the rookie and Kadri to be lights out in their zone at this point, they looked good. Depleting the center ice depth that they took a decade to establish could be one of the craziest things suggested.

They should be out there after the PK and PP... that's how that works for every team, they have a 5 man unit that maintains zone time when the other teams top players are bagged. You're slowly just convincing yourself that your ideas are poor and I appreciate that about you, you're too stubborn to say it but the slow transition is beautiful.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 3:10 p.m.
TrevorA
They've been looking at someone to blow the top off the D to give Huberdeau more space... hence Dube, wasn't great last night. Mangiapane possesses the puck and has a solid 200 ft game on the wing, worked pretty well last night, Kadri and Huberdeau would be terrifying in transition. Kadri was excellent for Coronato in the O-zone and no one s asking the rookie and Kadri to be lights out in their zone at this point, they looked good. Depleting the center ice depth that they took a decade to establish could be one of the craziest things suggested.

They should be out there after the PK and PP... that's how that works for every team, they have a 5 man unit that maintains zone time when the other teams top players are bagged. You're slowly just convincing yourself that your ideas are poor and I appreciate that about you, you're too stubborn to say it but the slow transition is beautiful.

Well let’s see if Mangiapane can have continued success there, after that Coronato is your last option. I’d say Ruzicka could be an option, but he doesn’t have the speed or puck possession skills to push the D back or draw them in to create more space for Huberdeau to work with

I know Kadri will work well at 1RW and that Paul Stastny is still available as a 3/4C option. If Hanifin truly wants to move on, Trade him for another Centre. You can never have too many Centres
Oct. 12, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
Well let’s see if Mangiapane can have continued success there, after that Coronato is your last option. I’d say Ruzicka could be an option, but he doesn’t have the speed or puck possession skills to push the D back or draw them in to create more space for Huberdeau to work with

I know Kadri will work well at 1RW and that Paul Stastny is still available as a 3/4C option. If Hanifin truly wants to move on, Trade him for another Centre. You can never have too many Centres

What do you know that Pete DeBoer, Dale Hunter, Ron Wilson, Dallas Eakins, Randy Carlyle, Mike Babcock, Jared Bednar, Darryl Sutter and Ryan Huska all don't? Cause there's like 6 or 7 hall of famers there vs. a guy that has to tune into Sportsnet from his couch to have any inkling as to what's going on...
Oct. 12, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
TrevorA
What do you know that Pete DeBoer, Dale Hunter, Ron Wilson, Dallas Eakins, Randy Carlyle, Mike Babcock, Jared Bednar, Darryl Sutter and Ryan Huska all don't? Cause there's like 6 or 7 hall of famers there vs. a guy that has to tune into Sportsnet from his couch to have any inkling as to what's going on...

I know I have you tuned in to my posts, so that’s good enough for me

I can see what works and what doesn’t, so I’m gonna continue to enjoy coming up with ideas and pushing and justifying my thoughts and opinions with the stats and facts necessary to make my point

What’s your credentials again exactly!? We’re all here for the same reason man
Oct. 12, 2023 at 3:36 p.m.
I know I have you tuned in to my posts, so that’s good enough for me

I can see what works and what doesn’t, so I’m gonna continue to enjoy coming up with ideas and pushing and justifying my thoughts and opinions with the stats and facts necessary to make my point

What’s your credentials again exactly!? We’re all here for the same reason man

This is my post babe... not yours.. you follow me like a petulant toddler with a gripe and it's adorable.

One thing... it's never happened, they had a minute after a PP yesterday and that's your sample size for this season and last season Huberdeau Kadri played a whopping 33 minutes together, none of which were with Lindholm.. so you can't "see" anything, you can make stuff up and then use very loose analytics to pat yourself on the but there is genuinely next to zero tangible evidence to anything you're saying, just your feelings and "suggestions" "recommendations" "analytics" like they're going straight to the top. And the fact there hasn't been a person on this website for an entire calendar year of Kadri that has agreed that moving him to the wing is brilliant maybe says a little more about your idea than everyone else.

My credentials are the same as yours. I would venture to guess my experience and background in hockey go a lot further than yours. How long did you play?
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:04 p.m.
I highly doubt they put Dube on the 4th line.

No offense but your determination to bench Ruzicka is almost as toxic as KingofRnR's to move Kadri to the wing.

As for acquiring Brannstrom, I don't mind the idea if Kylington is truly not going to play this year. I'm personally starting to think he's the guy Ottawa will have to part with to fit Pinto in. Doubt a 4th gets it done though.

Pelletier probably gets a conditioning stint before joining the team again.

Tampa isn't going to trade for Vladar though, Vasilevskiy will
ve back by then. Also, as long as our AHL goalie depth past wolf is non-existent, trading Vladar is just asking for an injury to Marky or Wolf.
KingofRnR liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll