SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MIN/SJS) - Addison for Raska, 2026 5th (SJS)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 8, 2023 at 4:59 p.m.
May contain nuts
Yes, Addison is super inconsistent. But this is the best MIN could do?
Nov. 8, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: JayTea
What’s the issue with Spurgeon and Addison?

There was something about a healthy scratch but I think media overblew it
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 8, 2023 at 5:31 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CoraStorm
I'm going against public opinion here, and I'm saying since Minnesota's had Spurgeon, but he's been sidelined. Bringing in Bogosian, for losing Addison?

I feel they are just making room for in case one of their 2 rookies looks good enough for a callup
Nov. 8, 2023 at 5:54 p.m.
The Wild gave up an NHL player who is, at worst, a bottom pair and will likely get significant ice time with the Sharks. All they got back was an AHLer and a pick that will probably not even become an AHLer. Sharks win this one.
Nov. 8, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Savvy move for Grier! The Sharks win 1 game and suddenly they're buyers
rickysabre and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 8, 2023 at 7:18 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Quoting: Oleg
He still has very real top pairing PP quarterback potential. He's no Erik Karlsson but I can see him being a Dan Boyle type in the next year or so. This is huge because he can be a multi year re-sign and if reaching his potential this is potentially a massive steal for Grier.

Exactly, I consider him a poor mans Kris Letang. Has lots of potential though.
Nov. 9, 2023 at 7:54 a.m.
I think this is huge win for San Jose. San Jose have good forwards, but no defenders who could start offences from d-zone. Addison can do it. I think this help San Jose, but trade not help Wild current problems. Even that Dumba wasnt same player than before, losing him did hurt team. I followed Wild long and in my mind biggest reason why Wild havent success in Playoffs was that Wild missing that star lvl offensive defender. Spurgeon is solid and good two-way defender and Brodin one of NHL best defensive defender. If they wouldnt trade Burns, who know, maybe Wild could have won Cup. I think Wild should have got more on Adison, but its not first time when Guerin is inpatiance or/and lazy. I still cant believe we bought out Sutter when we could trade him for Dallas and retain 50% salary. Suter made equally long contract and 3,6milj cap hit, so instead paying 7milj in salary penalty we could be paying only 3-4 milj.

Addison have potential to be come solid 30-50 point defender in NHL, this could look very bad in couple years.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 9, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
Will Butcher type players have little to no value and GM's have realized that. A few years ago, MIN probably gets a 2nd rounder for him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit