Forums/Armchair-GM

Flames Players That Are Actually FOR SALE

Created by: KingofRnR
Team: 2023-24 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 12, 2023
Published: Nov. 12, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Here’s the deal, if Zadorov will drop his Snake of an Agent = Dan Milstein 🐍 and Sign for 3-6 years @ $3.75-4.25 (higher than I personally want) than we’re good and can make up

Zadorov’s simply more valuable to me than a 1st and we have other guys coming up, to compete with Bean (or Kylington if he sticks around, but I think he’s finished in CGY), like Poirier & Solovyov who are both NHL Ready

Not only do I think we can Win with this Team, but we rid ourselves or the disgruntled cancer in the room, open up TOI for Zadorov and fill the Cupboards with Quality Picks & Five Decent Prospects, one having familiarity with Poirier & Kuznetsov and the other with Coronato already

Can’t edit and don’t want to re-do Trade due to order, but the 3rd could come off the Tanev deal OR could add one/something. since either Jarnkrok/Domi have the value of a 3rd themselves
Trades
CGY
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Peeke, Andrew
  3. Sillinger, Cole
  4. 2024 1st round pick (CBJ)
Additional Details:
Example, could be CAR or another Team
CBJ
  1. Lindholm, Elias
Additional Details:
Value 1st + Top Prospect + Very Good Roster Player (or Two Okay Ones)
CGY
  1. Dumba, Matt
  2. Langlois, Jérémy [Reserve List]
  3. Söderström, Victor
  4. 2024 1st round pick (ARI)
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
Could be NYI Instead
ARI
  1. Hanifin, Noah
Additional Details:
Value: 1st + Former Top Prospect + 2nd + 2nd + Cap Dump
CGY
  1. Järnkrok, Calle
  2. Villeneuve, William
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2025 3rd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
If not Jarnkrok than Domi maybe!? If Not TOR, then EDM or VAN
TOR
  1. Tanev, Christopher ($2,250,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Value 50% Retained: 1st + 3rd + Sweetener to Win The Tanev Sweepstakes + Cap Dump/Roster Player
CGY
  1. Duclair, Anthony
  2. Kähkönen, Kaapo
  3. Kunin, Luke
Additional Details:
Tell me Grier doesn’t do this
SJS
  1. Dubé, Dillon
  2. Sharangovich, Yegor
  3. Vladar, Daniel
Additional Details:
Honestly, I want anybody managed by Dan Milstein Gone, so that includes Sharangovich and Vladar
CGY
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Klingberg, John
  3. Samsonov, Ilya ($1,550,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Completely Unnecessary Trade and Assumes Klingberg Approves
TOR
  1. Markström, Jacob
  2. Nikolayev, Ilya
  3. Strömgren, William
Additional Details:
Completely Unnecessary Trade and Assumes Markstrom Apprivee
CGY
  1. Holloway, Dylan
  2. Pickard, Calvin
Additional Details:
Doesn’t need to happen, but if EDM wants Goalie Help
EDM
  1. Emilio Pettersen, Mathias
  2. Samsonov, Ilya ($1,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
I’m fine to keep both Samsonov and Kahkonen and flip the better one at the TDL
CGY
  1. Teräväinen, Teuvo
Additional Details:
Not sure whether CAR is even interested or that we should be moving our Captain and Coleman & Mangiapane's Centre, but if he's still remotely disgruntled, especially with all of the above moves, then see ya, we're going younger
CAR
  1. Backlund, Mikael
Additional Details:
Value: 2nd Round Pick or Decent Player/RFA
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$83,500,000$82,648,332$0$1,727,500$851,668
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1
$817,778$817,778 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 12, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
TrevorA
These are long explanations for Flames Fans who like to read, please don't respond to this particular post, just make a clean/fresh reply with your comment below:

-So here's what's happening, we're wiping out any cancer = remnants of the old core who are unhappy or disgruntled by the Huberdough & Kadri Signings, having had Sutter as their Coach and The Flames lack of success since in favour of New/Younger Blood

1. Lindholm's better than Horvat and just as good, yet much cheaper than Eichel (his herniated disk, questionable future and huge Cap Hit were gambles and reduced his trade value at the time he was traded), so his Trade Value is somewhere between the two
2. Hanifin's Trade comparable is Hampus Lingholm
3. Tanev's Trade Value is Chiarot or Savard when he was Trade to TBL.  The interest and demand for him is huge, thus there'll be a bidding war and with retention, he easily garners more than a 1st +3rd.  Also, take out the 3rd going to Calgary because whether it's Jarnkrok or Domi coming back, they're worth a 3rd each by themselves
4. I can't imagine Grier or SJ Fans saying no to this, but I'm ridding us of Milstein rep'd Vladar for Kahkonen & Sharangovich for Duclair and moving on from RFA Dube for RFA Kunin
5. I'm moving on from Markstrom hoping Treliving still values him highly, while at the same time dumping Milstein rep'd Nikoleyev.  I don't want Klingberg, but if it helps us get out of Markstrom's contract, great!
6. I'm taking advantage of EDM's need for a Quality Goalie on the Cheap who should excel with a change of scenery and buying low on the struggling Calgary Born Holloway.  Alternative, we could charge a 1st RD Pick instead.  Goalies are usually only worth a 2nd/3rd, but with retention and given this is an inter-division Trade that helps our #1 Rival, we force them to over pay
7. If it makes sense to move on from our Captain, Backlund's best Trade comparables are Mikael Granlund/2nd, Haula/Zacha and L.Eller/2nd.  With Term, I believe he's worth Pending UFA Teravainen who seems to have slipped in CAR the last couple seasons and could probably use a change of scenery.  Yes, he has 9 Goals this season, but whatever he's not back to being a 1.00PPG Player and we could lose him for nothing via Free Agency
Nov. 12, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
TrevorA
These are long explanations for Flames Fans who like to read, please don't respond to this particular post, just make a clean/fresh reply with your comment:

Why these Players in return, from Top to Bottom?: Realistically, we don't have any elite players right now, other than maybe Andersson, so we need to go with balanced lines throughout.  

1. I really don't think Jarnkrok is substantially worse than Lindholm and given an opportunity in the Top-6, he should produce and protect/insulate Kadri & Zary
2. Teravainen is similar to Mangiapane, but can play Centre. He's way more offensive than Backlund
3. Obviously I'm reuniting Huberdough with Duclair for familiarity, chemistry and past success.  Sam Bennett ain't coming back and @MoxNix believes it was Bennett and his Hard Gritty Play who was the main factor in Huby's success, so I'm gambling on Kunin being that guy and rebounding huge.  It's time to move on from Dube who never found a place he really fit in our line-up whereas if Kunin fails, he's the ideal Bottom-6 guy that fits CGY's identity and shouldn't cost terribly much to re-sign given his lack of production the last few seasons
4. The 4th line, is self-explanatory. Pospisil is cementing himself as the hard forechecker we want/need and AJ Greer's the muscle we usually have and Fighter we need, even though he's not a Great Fighter.  
5. So what, we part with Lindholm who looks completely disinterested and unengaged as Calgary Flame now.  Good, it's a blessing in disguise.  We need to go Younger and clearly Zary & Pospisil are proving the next generation has more skills and abilities and signing Lindholm long-term wou;d be a huge mistake.  I brought in two Young Former 1st Round Picks in Sillinger & Holloway to compete with Zary & Ruzicka for a Top 6 Centre position
6. It's time to move on from Hanifin & Tanev, but we should convince Big-Z to drop his Agent and stay.  He's just not as easily replaceable as many believe.  I brought Matt Dumba home, hoping he rebounds and brough Klingberg too in case he doesn't.  I brought former 1st Round Picks Jake Bean (Calgary Born) and Andrew Peeke (fits CGY's identity and desperately needs a change of scenery) and Victor Soderstrom in as well.
7. Kylington likely never returns, so Bean's a good Hanifin/Kylington replacement and competition for Poirier.  Peeke is good competition for Gilbert & Solovyov, but holds the advantage, being a True RD.  If he fails, we now have depth in Soderstrom
8. I brought in Abruzzese for Coronato and Villeneuve for Poirier & Kuznetsov
9. Finally, if Jarnkrok, Teravainen, Kunin or Holloway don't pan out and we end up moving them in the off-season or they become Bottom-6 Players, no biggie, we have Coronato (he'll be back up shortly I bet), Klapka, Schwindt, Pelletier and Honzek waiting and likely ready to come up next season anyways
Nov. 12, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
I get Lindholm is a really good top 6 center but I don’t know how you can say he’s worth nearly double what Horvat returned. A first and a good prospect and a roster player for cap purposes would be the most I’d expect if I’m the Flames.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.
Quoting: brady_t12
I get Lindholm is a really good top 6 center but I don’t know how you can say he’s worth nearly double what Horvat returned. A first and a good prospect and a roster player for cap purposes would be the most I’d expect if I’m the Flames.

That's pretty much what's there, depending on how you value Bean & Peeke, who were supposedly 2 players CLB wanted to move this off-season and don't have future plans for. Apparently Bean has become more in favor again, but I want him back in Calgary, so if we have to add a 3rd/Kuznestov/Something?, no problem

1st + Sillinger/Raty/Krebs + Beauvillier/Tuch/Bean+Peeke (I did omit the 2nd going to VGK and 3rd going back to BUF)

Lindholm <= Eichel > Horvat. Sillinger, Raty & Krebs aren't/weren't really rocking it at the time and neither was Tuch or Beauvillier, so don't think of Tuch as the super valuable player he has now become

Could argue CLB's Pick will be much better than NYI's 17th Overall or VGK's 16th Overall, so put Top-12 Protected Condition on it or whatever

Quoting: brady_t12
Sillinger is better than Raty, Tuch is far better than Beauvillier or Bean and Peeke (granted we didn’t know he was THIS much better at the time of the Eichel trade). I personally wouldn’t use the Eichel trade as a comparable, but Horvat is much closer. Given Columbus is not a playoff team this year most likely, I don’t see how you’d be able to get their first and Sillinger for one year of Lindholm, especially when they really don’t need another top 6 center. Especially one in his late 20s. I’m not even looking at this from the caps POV, I don’t know that there would be a fit with the caps honestly given how much it’s going to cost to extend him.

Refer to the above, but is Sillinger really any better than Raty or Krebs!? Explain how/why. Tuch is far better NOW, not then, which is what we're comparing

Does Horvat have a right shot!? Is he as good defensively as Lindholm!? Lindholm has proven he can produce just as much as Horvat and Eichel, is much better defensively and doesn't have an injury history. Granted, Lindholm isn't the play driver Eichel or as Young as Eichel is

Obviously CLB doesn't do this without an extension in place on Lindholm, my bad, I always figure that's a given. but I should have spelled that out and CLB absolutely needs a 1C and Mentor for Fantilli, more importantly, lil Johnny and Laine need him too
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:04 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: KingofRnR
These are long explanations for Flames Fans who like to read, please don't respond to this particular post, just make a clean/fresh reply with your comment below:

-So here's what's happening, we're wiping out any cancer = remnants of the old core who are unhappy or disgruntled by the Huberdough & Kadri Signings, having had Sutter as their Coach and The Flames lack of success since in favour of New/Younger Blood

1. Lindholm's better than Horvat and just as good, yet much cheaper than Eichel (his herniated disk, questionable future and huge Cap Hit were gambles and reduced his trade value at the time he was traded), so his Trade Value is somewhere between the two
2. Hanifin's Trade comparable is Hampus Lingholm
3. Tanev's Trade Value is Chiarot or Savard when he was Trade to TBL.  The interest and demand for him is huge, thus there'll be a bidding war and with retention, he easily garners more than a 1st +3rd.  Also, take out the 3rd going to Calgary because whether it's Jarnkrok or Domi coming back, they're worth a 3rd each by themselves
4. I can't imagine Grier or SJ Fans saying no to this, but I'm ridding us of Milstein rep'd Vladar for Kahkonen & Sharangovich for Duclair and moving on from RFA Dube for RFA Kunin
5. I'm moving on from Markstrom hoping Treliving still values him highly, while at the same time dumping Milstein rep'd Nikoleyev.  I don't want Klingberg, but if it helps us get out of Markstrom's contract, great!
6. I'm taking advantage of EDM's need for a Quality Goalie on the Cheap who should excel with a change of scenery and buying low on the struggling Calgary Born Holloway.  Alternative, we could charge a 1st RD Pick instead.  Goalies are usually only worth a 2nd/3rd, but with retention and given this is an inter-division Trade that helps our #1 Rival, we force them to over pay
7. If it makes sense to move on from our Captain, Backlund's best Trade comparables are Mikael Granlund/2nd, Haula/Zacha and L.Eller/2nd.  With Term, I believe he's worth Pending UFA Teravainen who seems to have slipped in CAR the last couple seasons and could probably use a change of scenery.  Yes, he has 9 Goals this season, but whatever he's not back to being a 1.00PPG Player and we could lose him for nothing via Free Agency

How many times do I have to explain how complete not comparable Eichel and Lindholm are. Horvat price is the price, give or take a pick.

Hanafin's best comp is Orlov.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:04 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
That's pretty much what's there, depending on how you value Bean & Peeke, who were supposedly 2 players CLB wanted to move this off-season and don't have future plans for. Apparently Bean has become more in favor again, but I want him back in Calgary, so if we have to add a 3rd/Kuznestov/Something?, no problem

1st + Silliger/Raty/Krebs + Beauvillier/Tuch/Bean+Peeke

Sillinger is better than Raty, Tuch is far better than Beauvillier or Bean and Peeke (granted we didn’t know he was THIS much better at the time of the Eichel trade). I personally wouldn’t use the Eichel trade as a comparable, but Horvat is much closer. Given Columbus is not a playoff team this year most likely, I don’t see how you’d be able to get their first and Sillinger for one year of Lindholm, especially when they really don’t need another top 6 center. Especially one in his late 20s. I’m not even looking at this from the caps POV, I don’t know that there would be a fit with the caps honestly given how much it’s going to cost to extend him.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
How many times do I have to explain how complete not comparable Eichel and Lindholm are. Horvat price is the price, give or take a pick.

He's saying at the time Eichel was traded he was quite a big risk and not worth what he would be if traded again now.

Orlov is not Hanifin's comparable. Hanifin is a 26 year defenseman just entering his prime while Orlov is 32 years old.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:21 p.m.
TrevorA

Jarmo!? Is that you!? I was told you're not allowed to make big decision, since you probably won't be around much longer...

Didn't I tell you not to reply to my long explanation!? It's right there at the top, it's the very first thing I said....

Explain to me how Eichel with his broken friggin neck (herniated disk, whatever), questionable future and massive contract with term isn't a fair comparison... How many Right Shot Top Centre's have been Traded recently or does not that matter to you!?

Orlov lol, you mean the 31/32 year old Orlov who received a 1st/Yup + 2nd/Yup + 3rd/Langlois + Craig Smith/Dumba + Cra/Crap, okay where am I off here exactly!?

Soderstrom!? What's he worth these days and what's Hanifin worth given he's 26 and just entering his Prime Years and can be secured to a long-term 7-8 year contract and likely for less than Orlov. Soderstrom only has 50GP in the NHL and is in the last year of Waivers Eligibility, meaning his value has plummeted and could be lost to Waivers next year for nothing; he can't hold much value

I'm only mirroring your condescending frustrated attitude back, in case you're curious or wondering
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: MoxNix
He's saying at the time Eichel was traded he was quite a big risk and not worth what he would be if traded again now.

Orlov is not Hanifin's comparable. Hanifin is a 26 year defenseman just entering his prime while Orlov is 32 years old.

Exactly. People must actually look at how the Player is performing now when they attempt to justify/value Trade Comparables, hey lol!? That's so short-sighted

Anyways, let me know where's I'm off or if you have any critique's; I actually value your opinion and overall point of view
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Jarmo!? Is that you!? I was told you're not allowed to make big decision, since you probably won't be around much longer...

Didn't I tell you not to reply to my long explanation!? It's right there at the top, it's the very first thing I said....

Explain to me how Eichel with his broken friggin neck (herniated disk, whatever), questionable future and massive contract with term isn't a fair comparison... How many Right Shot Top Centre's have been Traded recently or does not that matter to you!?

Orlov lol, you mean the 31/32 year old Orlov who received a 1st/Yup + 2nd/Yup + 3rd/Langlois + Craig Smith/Dumba + Cra/Crap, okay where am I off here exactly!?

Soderstrom!? What's he worth these days and what's Hanifin worth given he's 26 and just entering his Prime Years and can be secured to a long-term 7-8 year contract and likely for less than Orlov. Soderstrom only has 50GP in the NHL and is in the last year of Waivers Eligibility, meaning his value has plummeted and could be lost to Waivers next year for nothing; he can't hold much value

I'm only mirroring your condescending frustrated attitude back, in case you're curious or wondering

Orlov 50% retained recieved a 1st (best case scenario 28th)+3rd
Craig Smith cap dump dump+Hathaway=2nd

You're asking for a much more valuable 1st, Dumba who likely has +ve or neutral value as a RHD, an additional 2 prospects with some value, and a 2nd. And you aren't retaining.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

Eichel was traded as a young top superstar C with term. He had a recent top 8 hart finish

Lindholm is being traded as a high end 2C rental.

Hanafin is a 26 year old RENTAL. His age doesn't matter when you don't control him past this year
Orlov was a 32 year old RENTAL.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
Banned
Leafs accept both trades but would really like to keep jarnkrok if we could send you another 3rd which is jarnkroks value that would be much appreciated
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:37 p.m.
Way too much for a pending UFA imo. I would think Tanev would fetch a 1st + B prospect
leaffanio liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 4:59 p.m.
Edited Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:11 p.m.
1. This one is close. I'd prefer a single player who's better than Bean and Peeke but this might be the best offer we get.
2. I don't like Dumba but I could live with this if we don't get better offers.
3. This one is acceptable as is I don't care for Jarnkrok. He's not a bad player just not what we need but he can fill a roster spot for this year and maybe be flipped with retention at the deadline for a 3rd or something.
4. I'm not keen on this one. Value isn't bad but it's pretty much just sidegrades all around. I don't think Kunin is another Sam Bennett either so it doesn't move the needle for me at all.
5. I don't want Klingberg at all. He's terrible. But moving Markstrom makes it worth doing anyhow. This one would entirely depend on Brad still thinking Markstrom is an elite goalie, He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and has a huge ego too so you never know what boneheaded move he'll pull next.
6. No problem with this but is Samsonov a goalie edmonton would want and are they ready to give up on Holloway yet?
7. I'd rather gets picks/prospects or even a decent young(er) bottom 6 / 3rd pairing player for Backlund than another pending UFA making pretty much the same money who's worth less than Backlund.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:05 p.m.
Eichel was traded as a young top superstar C with term. He had a recent top 8 hart finish

Hanafin is a 26 year old RENTAL. His age doesn't matter when you don't control him past this year

Eichel was traded as a player with a bad neck requiring surgery, a bad attitude and a huge salary he hadn't proven worthy of yet.

Age certainly does matter. Lindholm is a 1C not a 2C and won't be a rental, he'll be traded to a team that wants him long term. A good (probably American) team he's willing to extend with that can afford to extend him.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Eichel was traded as a player with a bad neck requiring surgery, a bad attitude and a huge salary he hadn't proven worthy of yet.

Age certainly does matter. Lindholm won't be a rental, he'll be traded to a team that wants him long term. A good (probably American) team he's willing to extend with that can afford to extend him.

Okay.

Eichel: Young, Lots of term, elite 1C upside, expensive deal, injury risk, not a deadline deal
Lindholm: Older, rental, Quality 2C, cheaper deal, no injury risk, deadline deal

Even less of a comparable. So please use actual comparables
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:12 p.m.
mokumboi
You're expecting too much return on most of these, but also self-fleecing with TOR and SJ.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:16 p.m.
Edited Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
Okay.

Eichel: Young, Lots of term, elite 1C upside, expensive deal, injury risk, not a deadline deal
Lindholm: Older, rental, Quality 2C, cheaper deal, no injury risk, deadline deal

Even less of a comparable. So please use actual comparables

You just don't stop do you? Lindholm is a 1st line center. Sure some teams have a better number 1 but that just means he'd be considered 1b instead of 1a there. He's still a 1st line quality two way center who's very good on the wing too. Much like Draisaitl isn't considered a 2nd line center just because edmonton has McDavid ahead of him. Draisaitl might be number 2 (or 1b) on the oilers but he'd be number 1 (or 1a) on most teams.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
Lots of this is okay but if you legitimately value Zadorov more than a first...I don't know what to say. Why?
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
You just don't stop do you? Lindholm is a 1st line center. Sure some teams have a better number 1 but that just means he'd be considered 1b instead of 1a there. He's still a 1st line quality two way center who's very good on the wing too. Much like Draisaitl isn't considered a 2nd line center just because edmonton has McDavid ahead of him. Draisaitl might be number 2 (or 1b) on the oilers but he'd be number 1 (or 1a) on most teams.

You can cry about it but he's somewhere in the 22-35 range of Cs. And he's not the 1C on any team with a real shot of contending besides maybe boston (and he wouldn't be ahead of bergeron either). Ergo he's a 2C
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
Chiming in as a CBJ fan: this is a lot, but it's all pretty well thought out, and nothing here is that far off.

The Lindholm trade: I think that's actually pretty fair, assuming of course Columbus signs him to an extension (and hopefully it's under $8M/year). I would add two things though:

1) Sillinger has looked really good at times this year, he's a defensively responsible center with some speed, but man it's been a while since I've watched a player with either that bad of luck or that bad of a finishing touch. He's got to be one of the unluckiest players in the league this year. Trading him now probably bites us very quickly down the line, we're basically trading a 1st for a short-term upgrade on a player that may fill that 2C role anyway once Fantilli grows into the 1C role, and probably fits the window better. You'd hope he turns into a Lindholm-like player with 8 more years of team control.

2) I'd want the 1st to be top-10 protected. This team has been close in most games, but just doesn't have the defensive systems or finishing touch yet to lock down games. We could finish bottom-5 this year, but next year should be more middle-of-the-pack. The pick protection would reflect that.
MoxNix and KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:29 p.m.
TrevorA
Orlov 50% retained recieved a 1st (best case scenario 28th)+3rd
Craig Smith cap dump dump+Hathaway=2nd

You're asking for a much more valuable 1st, Dumba who likely has +ve or neutral value as a RHD, an additional 2 prospects with some value, and a 2nd. And you aren't retaining.

ARI doesn't need retention, especially if we take Cap Dump, doesn't fit in ARI, Dumba. "And You aren't retaining" is the only thing I understand from that. On a Sunday Afternoon Drinking Binge, maybe!?

It should be assumed, but I apologize for not spelling it out for you, Lindholm & Hanifin would be going to CLB & ARI long-term either with an extension in place or ones pre-agreed and signed immediately upon arrival, they wouldn't just be RENTALS

Eichel's a fair comparable given the circumstances whether you like it, agree or not
MoxNix liked this.
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
ARI doesn't need retention, especially if we take Cap Dump, doesn't fit in ARI, Dumba. "And You aren't retaining" is the only thing I understand from that. On a Sunday Afternoon Drinking Binge, maybe!?

It should be assumed, but I apologize for not spelling it out for you, Lindholm & Hanifin would be going to CLB & ARI long-term either with an extension in place or ones pre-agreed and signed immediately upon arrival, they wouldn't just be RENTALS

Eichel's a fair comparable given the circumstances whether you like it, agree or not

Ahh yes back to the old "extension in place" magic value booster

So in this scenario are you negotiating extensions with Hanafin and Lindholm yourself and then trading them after?

Or are you going to let your pending UFAs get a head start on negotiating with opposing teams for the offseason?

If Lindholm and Hanafin express interest in playing long term with Ari and CLB, two teams with no interest in competing this year, why would they trade assets for them
If Lindholm and hanafin do not express interest in playing long term with Ari/CLB, why would they trade assets for they
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

There is not a single thing Eichel and Lindholm have in common besides being centers
Nov. 12, 2023 at 5:41 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

Do you struggle with reading comprehension? let me spell it out for you.

Dumba is a solid RHD who still has value in this market (and is AZs 2RD). Not comparable to healthy scratch Smith.
Arizona not needing retention is irrelevant. All it means is arizona won't be paying for that retention and so their price will be less than a team that needs it would pay.
The Orlov price has the cost of retention baked in. So you not retaining in this case makes your return lighter in comparison to the orlov price.
Hathaway was included in that deal and had value. You are not including a Hathaway type asset in the deal so you do not get that value.
Because of the Bruins record at that time, there was no chance of the pick being any better than 28th. You are asking for a likely lottery pick from AZ.
You are asking for 2 prospects, who while not B level, still have value.

Overall you are vastly overestimating Hanafin's worth in comparison to the most accurate comparable

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll