SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Samuel Montembeault (3 Years / $3,150,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 2, 2023 at 8:08 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
The market is inflated

He'll be the 30th highest paid goalie next year. He's definitely better than the 30th best goalie in the NHL. Also the market isn't inflated, with cap skyrocketing, so will player's contracts.
Andy_Dick, habitantlecolon, HockeyManiac95 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 2, 2023 at 10:16 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Yes that is about the average team's goaltending budget for 2023; as I posted this contract (next year) puts Montembeault in the 1B category. Actual performance comes after the contract (based on expectations). Guys outperform their expectations (Georgiev, Talbot, etc) and others fail to do so (Driedger/Campbell, etc). I'm not a goalie scout; I'm just tracking where and how much GM's invest in goalies up front.

Totally fair... Just wanted clarification
Dec. 2, 2023 at 10:21 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: HockeyManiac95
The market is inflated

The only thing that is inflating is the cap. Your theories can easily be poked holes through, you're grasping. Let it go.
habitantlecolon liked this.
Dec. 2, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.
Western Champs
CF community is always harsh on the habs, Monty was 13th for goal saved above expected last year and 25 this year
KSIxSKULLS, habitantlecolon, Xavier02 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 3, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
and proud of it
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He'll be the 30th highest paid goalie next year. He's definitely better than the 30th best goalie in the NHL. Also the market isn't inflated, with cap skyrocketing, so will player's contracts.

Quoting: Andy_Dick
The only thing that is inflating is the cap. Your theories can easily be poked holes through, you're grasping. Let it go.

OK this is true
Andy_Dick liked this.
Dec. 3, 2023 at 12:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Joe_La_Garnotte
CF community is always harsh on the habs, Monty was 13th for goal saved above expected last year and 25 this year

Its really odd especially after the 2022 TDL when most here were calling Kulak, Chiarot and Lehkonen worthless garbage. You'd think they would stop being tribalist mouth breathers but there's no saving some ppl from their miserable toxicity. Most arent like this in real life. These eternally online ppl are hopeless.
KSIxSKULLS and Joe_La_Garnotte liked this.
Dec. 3, 2023 at 2:59 p.m.
This is a good price for a 1B goalie ... Or it is a great deal if you are desperate for a new #1, because both of your goalies suck right now and you'd be willing to trade away your 1st round pick for a decent goalie.
Dec. 6, 2023 at 12:35 p.m.
Banned
Montembeault now getting consecutive starts..finally! Time to prove he can be consistent. Allen probably gets moved soon or put on waivers to be sent down.
Dec. 6, 2023 at 2:46 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Montembeault now getting consecutive starts..finally! Time to prove he can be consistent. Allen probably gets moved soon or put on waivers to be sent down.

I can't see them waiving him. He's done everything asked.
They'll work with him to send him somewhere he's okay with if at all possible. I think he has a 7 team NTC, which means nothing if he gets waived, and they won't do that to him.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 6, 2023 at 4:46 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: ricochetii
I can't see them waiving him. He's done everything asked.
They'll work with him to send him somewhere he's okay with if at all possible. I think he has a 7 team NTC, which means nothing if he gets waived, and they won't do that to him.

That’s all good that you have an opinion but Hughes has already stated his opinion over and over which is that he will NOT put Primeau on waivers.

It’s more disrespectful not to give Allen options as Allen is a better trade target if he can go through waivers. If he had a NMC that is a different story.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Jake Allen watch time

3 teams I could see

1. CAR
2. NJ
3. EDM
Dec. 7, 2023 at 10:26 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Jake Allen watch time

3 teams I could see

1. CAR
2. NJ
3. EDM

Definitely Carolina. Any NHL goalie would be better than what they've been getting from Raanta and Kochetkov lately, and I don't know what's going on with Freddie. But I don't think they'd want to give up a lot for him at his cap hit committed for another season beyond this one and not knowing if he can still be a #1 goalie on a good team. What would Montreal want for him? Would they be willing to retain salary? If they could get his cap hit down to $2-2.5M, that's backup money so that would make it a low-risk pickup for Carolina.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit