$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW, C
RFA
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$918,333$918,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
G
RFA - 1
$8,350,000$8,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
G
RFA
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 5 at 4:30 p.m.
Snowhawk
I would accept if I was Chicago’s GM.
Garak and RicXX liked this.
Jan. 5 at 4:45 p.m.
Quoting: Snowhawk18

How do u think Murphy is playing this season?
I’ve been hearing from Hawks fans that he’s been disappointing
Jan. 5 at 4:55 p.m.
No way Buffalo gives up Krebs, he was one of the main pieces in the Eichel trade
Jan. 5 at 5:19 p.m.
Quoting: Snowhawk18

Just curious what you think would appeal to KD in that package for Murphy? The 3rd pair RD, the bottom 6 F or the pick?
Jan. 5 at 5:21 p.m.
I like what Murphy could bring but also I’m not ready to give up on Krebs. There’s still room for physical growth and I think he can eventually center a 3rd scoring line. Now, if we extend Mittelstadt, then you can find a GM that believes there is more to his game, or keep him with term and low salary as the #4C. Even with Savoie and Ostlund in the pipeline, Mittelstadt can still slide to the wing. The moves, or lack thereof, from Adams makes me think that we’re going to try and run and gun with 4 scoring lines next season.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 5 at 5:38 p.m.
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Just curious what you think would appeal to KD in that package for Murphy? The 3rd pair RD, the bottom 6 F or the pick?

With no retention, I think this is a pretty solid package....more quantity than quality....but fair. The pick is #38OA currently. Krebs is closing in on 23 so it is fair to suspect he is what he is at this point. I would not mind taking a flier on him and feeding him some middle 6 minutes to see if maybe he could be more though (he is an actuall NHL player which late 1st/2nds just as likely are not as good as what he is and certainly upgrades the bottom of this putrid roster of forwards which was not good even before the injury bug). At the least, the Hawks are rolling out some serious garbage at forward and he would add some depth and talent. Clifton give you a vet guy 2 years younger, way more playoff experience, 1.1 million per cheaper, and probably plenty good enough to pair with our LHD kids.

At some point retaining on Murphy, what would you think the best case return might be? Late first and a 2nd similar to McCabe where you had to include Lafferty (which is not much, but still something). Late 1st + late 2nd < an early 2nd & Krebs for me. That also give you a chip that is you truely want a late first you have 4 2nds to package up.
RicXX and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 5 at 5:48 p.m.
Quoting: ashleyschaeffer
I like what Murphy could bring but also I’m not ready to give up on Krebs. There’s still room for physical growth and I think he can eventually center a 3rd scoring line. Now, if we extend Mittelstadt, then you can find a GM that believes there is more to his game, or keep him with term and low salary as the #4C. Even with Savoie and Ostlund in the pipeline, Mittelstadt can still slide to the wing. The moves, or lack thereof, from Adams makes me think that we’re going to try and run and gun with 4 scoring lines next season.

I hope adams doesn't just keep the party going. It's not working.
Jan. 5 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: wojohawk
With no retention, I think this is a pretty solid package....more quantity than quality....but fair. The pick is #38OA currently. Krebs is closing in on 23 so it is fair to suspect he is what he is at this point. I would not mind taking a flier on him and feeding him some middle 6 minutes to see if maybe he could be more though (he is an actuall NHL player which late 1st/2nds just as likely are not as good as what he is and certainly upgrades the bottom of this putrid roster of forwards which was not good even before the injury bug). At the least, the Hawks are rolling out some serious garbage at forward and he would add some depth and talent. Clifton give you a vet guy 2 years younger, way more playoff experience, 1.1 million per cheaper, and probably plenty good enough to pair with our LHD kids.

At some point retaining on Murphy, what would you think the best case return might be? Late first and a 2nd similar to McCabe where you had to include Lafferty (which is not much, but still something). Late 1st + late 2nd < an early 2nd & Krebs for me. That also give you a chip that is you truely want a late first you have 4 2nds to package up.

Just to clarify, this team is for next season, not this one, so the Hawks current injury issues don't play into it. In a deal for Murphy, even without retention, Krebs and Clifton are throw ins at best value wise to the Hawks. Krebs by your own description is a "flyer" guy. Clifton is a downgrade to Murphy no matter how you want to look at it. Is that really a smart move? Neither guy is more than a short term, fill in piece. A Murphy trade has to be for futures that push the rebuild forward, or you don't make the trade. That 2nd and one of Buffalo's good young F prospects? That makes way more sense. Multiple picks? That makes more sense. This offer is selling really low on Murphy IMO.
YeahRighttt and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 5 at 7:35 p.m.
Just to clarify, this team is for next season, not this one, so the Hawks current injury issues don't play into it. In a deal for Murphy, even without retention, Krebs and Clifton are throw ins at best value wise to the Hawks. Krebs by your own description is a "flyer" guy. Clifton is a downgrade to Murphy no matter how you want to look at it. Is that really a smart move? Neither guy is more than a short term, fill in piece. A Murphy trade has to be for futures that push the rebuild forward, or you don't make the trade. That 2nd and one of Buffalo's good young F prospects? That makes way more sense. Multiple picks? That makes more sense. This offer is selling really low on Murphy IMO.

I'll confess I am not a big believer of Murphy as a future piece (at all) and while he may be a decent bridge piece to try to transition some of the young D the next couple of seasons, I don't even view him as that great of a piece there. I would view Krebs as more of a potential piece going forward then guys like Katchouk, TRad, Reese Johnson, Entwistle, Guttman, and Joey Anderson who likely have roster spots next year (until proven otherwise). If you are counting on Hall or Athanasiou being healthy for a full season, you'll be disappointed based on recent history. Whatever recent prospects/picks turn pro....I would much rather they percolate in Rockford then having spots in Chicago by default. Call me crazy, but I would not mind taking a run at Pesce or Montour if they get to UFA.
Snowhawk18 liked this.
Jan. 5 at 9:54 p.m.
I have been disappointed by how Krebs has been utilized in Buffalo. Hopefully, he gets moved to a team that will get him out of the bottom 6.Unfortunately , his stock continues to fall due to where he is slotted currently. Clifton is a bottom pair guy, nothing glaringly wrong with him but nothing terribly appealing either. Hopefully Hawks get a better return when they decide to move on from Murphy
Hawksguy81 liked this.
Jan. 5 at 10:35 p.m.
Snowhawk

Well I’m on record as saying that I think Murphy is overrated by most Hawks fans, so I think a high to mid 2nd round pick is about the best you can hope to get in return for him. Adding in a young forward in Krebs who has struggled this year but still has room for growth in his game (in my opinion) and I think that is a decent return. Clifton is a decent 3rd pairing RHD who most of the time can give you a steady 10 - 15 minutes a game.

Honestly, I don’t think Buffalo does this deal.
Jan. 5 at 11:04 p.m.
Snowhawk

Well I’m on record as saying that I think Murphy is overrated by most Hawks fans, so I think a high to mid 2nd round pick is about the best you can hope to get in return for him. Adding in a young forward in Krebs who has struggled this year but still has room for growth in his game (in my opinion) and I think that is a decent return. Cli
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
How do u think Murphy is playing this season?
I’ve been hearing from Hawks fans that he’s been disappointing

If you look strictly at analytics you probably wouldn’t be impressed but in fairness he has been saddled with young, inexperienced D partners.

At the end of the day Murphy in my opinion is a decent middle pair RHD. He won’t wow you most games and at the same time he usually won’t hurt you.

On this current version of the Hawks he probably has a little more value then he should due to his leadership and experience assisting in the development of his young LHD partners.
AntiAnalytics liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll