Jan. 20 at 9:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Hopefully im wrong but PP looking to go 0/4 tonight and this be 6 on 4
Jan. 20 at 9:45 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
Timmins is not good defensively though not what we need at this time

We dont need another 1-way guy playing rn

Come on, the Leafs get hemmed into their own zone way too often. Timmins doesn't and he's had more goals for than against. He should be playing and given time to iron out the bad while enhancing the good. Just like Liljegren needed. Keefe sucks.
Jan. 20 at 9:45 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
Jarnkrok on the PP with an extra skater, they literally gave Bertuzzi 5 million for these moments.

While Jarnkrok has worked with how this game has gone u would think to use Bertuzzi who lives and breathes in that spot but nope

Its basically another Keefe moment
RipNasty liked this.
Jan. 20 at 9:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Come on, the Leafs get hemmed into their own zone way too often. Timmins doesn't and he's had more goals for than against. He should be playing and given time to iron out the bad while enhancing the good. Just like Liljegren needed. Keefe sucks.

Did u not watch him in Buffalo. That game killed any chance of him returning unless we see massive injuries to this lineup

Rather see Lagesson out there but Keefe rather play a 40 year old. Lagesson played with bite when we saw him thats someone I would love to see
Jan. 20 at 9:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
6 on 3 and we cant score lul

What we paying these guys for

0/5 incoming
Jan. 20 at 9:50 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Leafs just lost to the 2nd biggest frauds in the league...
Jan. 20 at 9:51 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 20 at 10:07 p.m.
Played with some bite in the third
Gave up only 21 shots in 3 periods vs. Van
Nylander at least looked good in the second
Marner scored a nice SH goal
McCabe got a nice goal off a marner feed

And thats where the praise ends

Jones 6 goals on those 21 shots EW
PK 2/3 EW
PP 0/5 INCLUDING A 6 ON 3 EW
Knies-Domi-Jarnkrok EW
Defense as a whole EW

I get this team sucks in Van but they just pulled the biggest Leaf lul

And dont get me started with Sheldon Keefe
Jan. 20 at 9:53 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Sammy bud its your opportunity. You werent good in the past but the DET game was a some progress

U have a chance to take the net back do it

Take it and never look back

And Keefe keep counting the days the bullet's coming
Jan. 20 at 9:54 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
It amazes me how the Leafs refuse to play through their best player...
Jan. 20 at 10:01 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
The one thing I dont get is why Nylander on PK over Matthews when Matthews is better defensively and is having himself a season.

Van got balls to have Miller and Petterson out there

EDM got balls to have Draisaitl and McDavid out there

PUT HIM OUT THERE KEEFE.
Jan. 20 at 10:11 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
FqV1TYDWwAE5qBl.jpg

Make it happen Brad

Also would settle for Hanafin + extension
Jan. 20 at 10:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 20 at 10:50 p.m.
Kind of want to see Bertuzzi get traded rebound then we all give Keefe the death stare

As its been a trend him like oh why we trade this guy but we also forget wtf was he even doing here lul

Lafferty, Amadio, Vesey, Sandin, Kubel, Barabanov, Lehtonen, Semyonov etc.
Jan. 20 at 11:08 p.m.
Rip
Did u not watch him in Buffalo. That game killed any chance of him returning unless we see massive injuries to this lineup

Rather see Lagesson out there but Keefe rather play a 40 year old. Lagesson played with bite when we saw him thats someone I would love to see

That's one game where the whole team gave up. Blaming it all on him is just stupid
Jan. 20 at 11:23 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 20 at 11:58 p.m.
That's one game where the whole team gave up. Blaming it all on him is just stupid

True but of all the guys he was on for the most goals and looked really bad on 3 of them. Like defense is just not his strongsuit and thats fine but for a team struggling to defend rn his fit here really aint great. Its basically budget Klingberg. Good puck mover, great PP guy, awful in his own zone and cannot effectively PK.

If they had issues scoring I would say sure. But thats not their issue rn

Issue is this team cannot defend for its life rn. Guy in the video is right

Leafs are strong in ABCD but their weakness or EFG is ****ing them bad

To me u try and flip him for a nice bottom 6 forward IMO
Jan. 21 at 12:05 a.m.
Rip
True but of all the guys he was on for the most goals and looked really bad on 3 of them. Like defense is just not his strongsuit and thats fine but for a team struggling to defend rn his fit here really aint great. Its basically budget Klingberg. Good puck mover, great PP guy, awful in his own zone and cannot effectively PK.

If they had issues scoring I would say sure. But thats not their issue rn

Issue is this team cannot defend for its life rn. Guy in the video is right

Leafs are strong in ABCD but their weakness or EFG is ****ing them bad

To me u try and flip him for a nice bottom 6 forward IMO

A good coach would reign him in and use his high end talent to it's full potential. Not bench him when he's been a net benefit and frankly is needed in certain situations. For crying out loud, can you honestly say you wouldn't have rather seen Timmins manning the PP over Gio?
Jan. 21 at 1:22 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I think we're finding out why Jones was a 900,000 UFA signing. He's just not that good, and with the workload, it seems to coming apart
I haven't seen in the past five games except for the highlights (I'm in Mexico) but poor goaltending hasn't helped. Admitting the defence hasn't either.
Please no trades giving away futures this TDL. Go with what you have, and retool with the the kinda lots of cap next summer.
If anything (and it's not happening), the Leafs should be sellers this TDL.
Juice liked this.
Jan. 21 at 1:41 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal
I think we're finding out why Jones was a 900,000 UFA signing. He's just not that good, and with the workload, it seems to coming apart
I haven't seen in the past five games except for the highlights (I'm in Mexico) but poor goaltending hasn't helped. Admitting the defence hasn't either.
Please no trades giving away futures this TDL. Go with what you have, and retool with the the kinda lots of cap next summer.

To me hes just being overused. But thats Keefe ride a goalie till they suck then go to the next guy and if he does good ride him lul
Jan. 21 at 1:52 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
To me hes just being overused. But thats Keefe ride a goalie till they suck then go to the next guy and if he does good ride him lul

Gotta think the Leafs have done the same to Lagesson and Timmins. When they are needed due to injury or incompetence in the current top 6, how prepared are they going to be after sitting out so long?
To me that's bad coaching. Gee, I kinda feel sorry for Woll when he returns, he gonna be counted by fans and maybe even his own team as the "saviour"
Jan. 21 at 2:27 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 21 at 2:38 a.m.
Gotta think the Leafs have done the same to Lagesson and Timmins. When they are needed due to injury or incompetence in the current top 6, how prepared are they going to be after sitting out so long?
To me that's bad coaching. Gee, I kinda feel sorry for Woll when he returns, he gonna be counted by fans and maybe even his own team as the "saviour"

Lagesson honestly not ridden enough he and Benoit together we're good and he brought some bite but nah play 40 year old GIO

Timmins got ridden to the press box after buffalo lul

Would say **** it

Rielly-Liligren
McCabe-Brodie
Benoit-Lagesson

Heck go add someone with term to push Brodie further down

Fabbro anyone, maybe Chycrun

But yea to me the bullets in the gun and the sights on Keefe when prad pulls the trigger will be the question
Jan. 21 at 9:45 a.m.
Wonder if Carolina would do a Bertuzzi (50%) for Bunting swap. Friedge said a while back that the Canes were looking to clear cap space for a goalie and Bunting was on the table for that. Canes clear $1.75m for this year and replace Bunting with Bert. Leafs get the guy they should have chosen over Bert in the first place and who they know fits in well on the top line.
Jan. 21 at 10:05 a.m.
Rip
Sammy bud its your opportunity. You werent good in the past but the DET game was a some progress

U have a chance to take the net back do it

Take it and never look back

And Keefe keep counting the days the bullet's coming

Until Woll is healthy. He's better than Sammy and it's not close
Jan. 21 at 10:07 a.m.
Rip

Sell some of the UFA's. Fire the coach as well. Although I will say, I have zero faith in Treliving making any smart moves. The guy is a terrible GM.
palhal liked this.
Jan. 21 at 10:09 a.m.
Rip
Lagesson honestly not ridden enough he and Benoit together we're good and he brought some bite but nah play 40 year old GIO

Would say **** it

Rielly-Liligren
McCabe-Brodie
Benoit-Lagesson

But yea to me the bullets in the gun and the sights on Keefe when prad pulls the trigger will be the question

Benoit and Lagesson got hemmed in all the time. Benoit has value with the right partner but he's nothing more than a 3rd pair guy. This team has loads of 3rd pair guys, Rielly and Liljegren and McCabe is borderline. No defence.
Jan. 21 at 11:12 a.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan

Would say **** it

Rielly-Liligren
McCabe-Brodie
Benoit-Lagesson

Who do you think is going to walk into a bullet first, Keefe or McLellan (in LA)?
Jan. 21 at 11:34 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
New game, new must win game...

Leafs need to make some changes and it starts with 2 things;

1. Start Sammy this game

2. PLAY THROUGH YOUR BEST PLAYER AND BEST OFFENSIVE/DEFENSIVE WEAPON...

And Dangle's newest video shows why he isn't a coach or someone who's played a high level (that segment on the crosschecks is wrong, it wasn't a crosscheck, it was a dive... But you play hard no matter what, can't play scared)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll