Logo of the Nashville Predators
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$3,225,000$3M)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,250,000$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 22 at 11:27 a.m.
Hawks have been there done that w/Janmark, I don’t think they are looking to try again.
Hawksguy81 and Garak liked this.
Jan. 22 at 11:28 a.m.
Subbanator
Is Savard that much of an upgrade from Ceci? I know you get some cap savings but any contender would just be getting Savard to fill out their dcore, not replace a guy already playing top 4 minutes
Jan. 22 at 11:30 a.m.
Benoit for Norris
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Is Savard that much of an upgrade from Ceci? I know you get some cap savings but any contender would just be getting Savard to fill out their dcore, not replace a guy already playing top 4 minutes

Savard I think is quite a bit better than Ceci and I don't think Ceci has much value at all and Savard is worth a first
Subbanator7667 liked this.
Jan. 22 at 11:35 a.m.
Preds accept
carter_mackenzie24 and AEcho liked this.
Jan. 22 at 11:35 a.m.
Quoting: carter_mackenzie24
Savard I think is quite a bit better than Ceci and I don't think Ceci has much value at all and Savard is worth a first

Savard would be a bit of a downgrade, Ceci has been quite good in EDM and has matured into a good top-4 stay at home dman.
I don't see us moving him unless we're getting a legitimate upgrade and not to offend but Savard just isnt that.
carter_mackenzie24 liked this.
Jan. 22 at 11:39 a.m.
Benoit for Norris
Quoting: PurpleHippo
Savard would be a bit of a downgrade, Ceci has been quite good in EDM and has matured into a good top-4 stay at home dman.
I don't see us moving him unless we're getting a legitimate upgrade and not to offend but Savard just isnt that.

I understand what you mean and yes Ceci has gotten much better and he's solid but I think that Savard is just better and Ceci has no value if the Oilers ever want to trade him so if they can get a good defensive defenseman with 2 years left on his deal I think they do it but I mean maybe you're right
Jan. 22 at 11:40 a.m.
This is pretty bad imo. HUGE overpay on the first trade just to get a guy that is barely an upgrade over Ceci. Wouldn't give more than a second tops for Savard, although, i believe there are better options. No need to trade Janmark either, unless we include him in a trade for an upgrade. For as good as Sissons is, i would not trade a first for him. AND, i don't see why we would do that last trade, as we would be downgrading, also, not sure Tampa has the cap space for that.
Jan. 22 at 11:40 a.m.

Savard isn't an upgrade at all. He's worse, older and cost more. This is a troll ACGM made by a Toronto fan
Jan. 22 at 11:42 a.m.

Agreed. Hes not that much of an upgrade on Ceci. Wouldn't mind him if that was the best guy we could get, just not for that much.
Jan. 22 at 11:44 a.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: OilednGreasy
Savard isn't an upgrade at all. He's worse, older and cost more. This is a troll ACGM made by a Toronto fan

I mean Savard is better offensively, better in the transition but that's about it. Other than that they're very similar players, still not a trade that makes sense but I wouldn't say it's a troll post
Jan. 22 at 11:46 a.m.
I understand what you mean and yes Ceci has gotten much better and he's solid but I think that Savard is just better and Ceci has no value if the Oilers ever want to trade him so if they can get a good defensive defenseman with 2 years left on his deal I think they do it but I mean maybe you're right

Ceci and Nurse have been good with Ekholm-Bouch moving into more of the top line role, the only way moving Ceci makes sense for us is if we get a legit top line RSD.
Guys like Chychrun or Carrier come to mind for me, I've also seen Spurgeon get tossed in there before he hit LTIR.
Going to Savard is at best a lateral move for us that like you said we would still need to give up assets on, just not really worth it.
Jan. 22 at 11:46 a.m.
Benoit for Norris
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
This is pretty bad imo. HUGE overpay on the first trade just to get a guy that is barely an upgrade over Ceci. Wouldn't give more than a second tops for Savard, although, i believe there are better options. No need to trade Janmark either, unless we include him in a trade for an upgrade. For as good as Sissons is, i would not trade a first for him. AND, i don't see why we would do that last trade, as we would be downgrading, also, not sure Tampa has the cap space for that.

Who are the better options? I mean Connor Murphy would be another one but I really can't think of any others that would impact the Oilers, I don't think the Oilers would be that attached to Janmark and Colton Sissons is an upgrade and I think he is worth that Oilers first assuming its in the 25-30 range. Yes it's a downgrade but its cheaper and Oilers get a better backup. But you're the Oilers fan so maybe you're right
Jan. 22 at 11:47 a.m.
Benoit for Norris
Quoting: OilednGreasy

How is he not an upgrade you don't savard being traded as a cap dump like Ceci is
Jan. 22 at 11:50 a.m.
Benoit for Norris
I mean Savard is better offensively, better in the transition but that's about it. Other than that they're very similar players, still not a trade that makes sense but I wouldn't say it's a troll post

Yeah maybe I'm mistaken on the value a bit but I think that Savard is a upgrade over Ceci
Jan. 22 at 11:51 a.m.
Benoit for Norris
Ceci and Nurse have been good with Ekholm-Bouch moving into more of the top line role, the only way moving Ceci makes sense for us is if we get a legit top line RSD.
Guys like Chychrun or Carrier come to mind for me, I've also seen Spurgeon get tossed in there before he hit LTIR.
Going to Savard is at best a lateral move for us that like you said we would still need to give up assets on, just not really worth it.

I don't think the Oilers want to trade for Chychrun and Carrier makes sense but Savard is probably a cheaper cost
Jan. 22 at 11:51 a.m.
How is he not an upgrade you don't savard being traded as a cap dump like Ceci is

Savard vs Ceci
Jan. 22 at 11:56 a.m.
Who are the better options? I mean Connor Murphy would be another one but I really can't think of any others that would impact the Oilers, I don't think the Oilers would be that attached to Janmark and Colton Sissons is an upgrade and I think he is worth that Oilers first assuming its in the 25-30 range. Yes it's a downgrade but its cheaper and Oilers get a better backup. But you're the Oilers fan so maybe you're right

Yes, Connor Murphy is my top choice. William Borgan would be a cheaper upgrade over Ceci imo, however, he would cost a lot, as we are in the same division. Colton Parayko is a guy i would like too, but with our current cap space, and with us being 3M against for Brown, i am not sure if we would be able to fit him on the team. Andrew Peeke wouldn't be a bad guy to take a chance on, and develop in a more sheltered role, however, we are probably not going to be patient enough for him haha. Guys out of free agnecy would be Dylan DeMelo, Brett Pesce, Chris Tanev (defiently not my first choice), TJ Brodie, maybe even big Z depending on how well he would do on the right side. Just minor details, and opinions is what is different i guess. After reading that initial post, i apologise if i came off as rude!
Jan. 22 at 11:58 a.m.
I don't think the Oilers want to trade for Chychrun and Carrier makes sense but Savard is probably a cheaper cost

Really depends on Holland and what he's willing to do, last year moving a lot for Ekholm turned into the best trade the Oilers have possibly ever made.
Moving a lot of assets to get a guy like Carrier or even Faulk could pay off the same which I think is what Holland values.
Jan. 22 at 12:02 p.m.
Benoit for Norris
Yes, Connor Murphy is my top choice. William Borgan would be a cheaper upgrade over Ceci imo, however, he would cost a lot, as we are in the same division. Colton Parayko is a guy i would like too, but with our current cap space, and with us being 3M against for Brown, i am not sure if we would be able to fit him on the team. Andrew Peeke wouldn't be a bad guy to take a chance on, and develop in a more sheltered role, however, we are probably not going to be patient enough for him haha. Guys out of free agnecy would be Dylan DeMelo, Brett Pesce, Chris Tanev (defiently not my first choice), TJ Brodie, maybe even big Z depending on how well he would do on the right side. Just minor details, and opinions is what is different i guess. After reading that initial post, i apologise if i came off as rude!

No worries but yeah you're right there is a lot of options and maybe Savard isn't the one
Nhl_oilers liked this.
Jan. 22 at 12:02 p.m.
Benoit for Norris
Really depends on Holland and what he's willing to do, last year moving a lot for Ekholm turned into the best trade the Oilers have possibly ever made.
Moving a lot of assets to get a guy like Carrier or even Faulk could pay off the same which I think is what Holland values.

I just don't think Chychrun is what the OIlers need
Nhl_oilers and PurpleHippo liked this.
Jan. 22 at 12:03 p.m.

I agree with what you are saying, but wrong targets imo. Carrier, Faulk, and Chychrun, especially the two i listed last are too offensive, and not good enough defensively to play with Nurse.
Jan. 22 at 12:05 p.m.
I just don't think Chychrun is what the OIlers need

Totally fair, I have a bit of a different opinion on the issues with the Nurse/Ceci line so a guy like Chych fits what I'd want but I also 100% get the value of adding a better defensive dman to play with Nurse.
Jan. 22 at 12:07 p.m.
No worries but yeah you're right there is a lot of options and maybe Savard isn't the one

Luke Schenn, and Nick Jenson are two guys i would add to the list too. Especially that Schenn's contract is relatively cheap at only 2.75M!
Jan. 22 at 12:07 p.m.
Benoit for Norris
Totally fair, I have a bit of a different opinion on the issues with the Nurse/Ceci line so a guy like Chych fits what I'd want but I also 100% get the value of adding a better defensive dman to play with Nurse.

Yeah he would be a great add but I think they'll target a defensive d-man
Jan. 22 at 12:09 p.m.
I agree with what you are saying, but wrong targets imo. Carrier, Faulk, and Chychrun, especially the two i listed last are too offensive, and not good enough defensively to play with Nurse.

The main issue I have with Nurse/Ceci is they get hemmed in a lot because neither make great zone exit passes, it's essentially always a chip or they pin it if theyre under pressure (or Nurse is forced to skate to neutral where he does better in puck movement).
So guys like Chych/Carrier/Faulk who are good in that regard plus are a lil above average defensively (maybe beside Chych) are the value adds to me. A 100% defensive dman that isn't a puck mover isn't going to help that situation besides in cutting cycles which to me isnt enough.

Edit: Another thing to add to that is Coffey has put a lot of emphasis on creating plays with our defense, so someone like DeMelo or TJ wouldn't mesh with our new D-Coach.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll