$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$835,000$835,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 23 at 6:56 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
I think that’s extremely fair for Colorado I love it
Victor24, Minimont and swissmontana liked this.
Jan. 23 at 6:58 p.m.
I think these are close to fair. Normally I wouldn't comment if I believed that but you called us out.
Jan. 23 at 7:00 p.m.
Habs fan ?
Quoting: Victor24
I think these are close to fair. Normally I wouldn't comment if I believed that but you called us out.

Sorry it’s just that when it’s realistic nobody comments and when it’s unrealistic I’m being called out so yeah 😅
Jan. 23 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: Minimont
Sorry it’s just that when it’s realistic nobody comments and when it’s unrealistic I’m being called out so yeah 😅

I try to call out everyone. It's why I'm so loved on this site. grin
SomeonesOffended, Minimont, Billy316 and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:04 p.m.
Edited Jan. 23 at 7:15 p.m.

Edit: Don't know why this double posted...
Jan. 23 at 7:07 p.m.
Habs fan ?

You do what you do best my man!
Victor24 and SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:13 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
MTL counters with Simmoneau and a 2nd for Lehkonen
We'll re-sign Monahan and keep him over take no return
Thats what a 2026 2nd is to us at this point
Meyers is insult to injury, couldnt even pick a drafted player just an undrafted bum we got enough of
Jan. 23 at 7:17 p.m.
That's probably reasonable as far as value for Monahan as the 2nd is a couple of years out. He still isn't a good fit for Colorado stylistically though so the Avs still pass.
Minimont, DustyBuns, SomeonesOffended and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:17 p.m.
Habs fan ?
Quoting: Billy316
MTL counters with Simmoneau and a 2nd for Lehkonen
We'll re-sign Monahan and keep him over take no return
Thats what a 2026 2nd is to us at this point
Meyers is insult to injury, couldnt even pick a drafted player just an undrafted bum we got enough of

I mean we won’t get a first for him. We won’t get an amazing prospect as well so why not get a guy that could become a solid fourth liner
Jan. 23 at 7:18 p.m.
Habs fan ?
Quoting: TJTwolf
That's probably reasonable as far as value for Monahan as the 2nd is a couple of years out. He still isn't a good fit for Colorado stylistically though so the Avs still pass.

He’s more of a plan B or C for avs no doubt. But Lindholm is way too pricey for the avs
Xqb15a and TJTwolf liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:27 p.m.
Quoting: TJTwolf

As a plan B or C I think it’s fine. Play him as a 3rd liner, see if Colton can take tougher minutes.

Meyers came into the league with a lot of hype, but he’s in a weird spot for Colorado. After this next game, he loses waiver exemption. I think it’s fair to see him go to a bad team where he can get some more ice time without fear of being waived.
Jan. 23 at 7:33 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
I mean we won’t get a first for him. We won’t get an amazing prospect as well so why not get a guy that could become a solid fourth liner

Literally every insider disagree's . .
Trade Deadline is Supply vs Demand
Teams people thought would Sell who have Centers
They are still 4-6 points out of a Wildcard spot and buying now.

Its supply vs Demand and we have Supply
Its like this every TDL. I mean was Pleakanec worth a 2nd and 2 prospects in his career worst year? Nope
We still got it and turned that deal into Lane Hutson in the long run

Was Hanzal worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick coming off LTIR at the TDL just to return to it 2 months later? Nope

The **** about Supply vs Demand when a playoff race is close is sometimes you over pay for a Tomas Tatar just to Bench him so PIT cant have him for their push.
Gm's go to War at the TDL and how they do defines the next 12 months for them in many's eyes as the fall out from it is huge.
Bergavin chose not to add so many times wasting the career of Carey Price. So he's been passed over for many GM jobs since as he's not trusted to compete or even rebuild anymore

Too many bad TDL's screwed him for years to come despite all the good trades the bad signings and lack of added depth on his runs proved he didnt have what it takes.
That said Hughes doesnt have the same issues with make the big trades and getting the maximum return
I mean he got a 1st for Ben Chairot because he knew how the market worked. He had the Supply and held out
He got a great return for doing so that was far more then anyone on this site would admit he was worth before the Trade was made.
Minimont liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:36 p.m.
Habs fan ?

Its like this every TDL. I mean was Pleakanec worth a 2nd and 2 prospects in his career worst year? Nope

Was Hanzal worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick coming off LTIR at the TDL just to return to it 2 months later? Nope

The **** about Supply vs Demand when a playoff race is close is sometimes you over pay for a Tomas Tatar just to Bench him so PIT cant have him for their push.
Gm's go to War at the TDL and how they do defines the next 12 months for them in many's eyes as the fall out from it is huge.
Bergavin chose not to add so many times wasting the career of Carey Price. So he's been passed over for many GM jobs since as he's not trusted to compete or even rebuild anymore

Too many bad TDL's screwed him for years to come despite all the good trades the bad signings and lack of added depth on his runs proved he didnt have what it takes.
That said Hughes doesnt have the same issues with make the big trades and getting the maximum return
I mean he got a 1st for Ben Chairot because he knew how the market worked. He had the Supply and held out
He got a great return for doing so that was far more then anyone on this site would admit he was worth before the Trade was made.

Fair enough! I still don’t think it would happen, but I never thought we would get a first for Chiarot. I hope you’re right.
Is there another player you would like from the Avs?
Jan. 23 at 7:40 p.m.

I agree with all of that (well most, truth be told it felt like I was reading a terms of agreement, so I didn't fully read it) but that is all based on emotion and rumors. We can speculate and show past examples but every year has a large standard deviation.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
Minimont, Billy316, turtlemountain and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:51 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
I agree with all of that (well most, truth be told it felt like I was reading a terms of agreement, so I didn't fully read it) but that is all based on emotion and rumors. We can speculate and show past examples but every year has a large standard deviation.

Sometimes Goalies or Wingers get more,Sometimes less
Defense is hit and miss too

But Centers year in and year out get overpaid as a Rule
Used to be only those winning over 50% of Faceoffs
But Now even guys Struggling between NHL and finding a team like Plekky /Staal got paid in their worst years playing really bad.
Why? Supply vs demand and the gamble was worth it even if it was just to take the option away from a rival

Trade Deadline is different each year to a degree's
But when it comes to Centers there's not a single team selling low with multiple suitors.
Even that bum Henrique who's played 13 years has 13 playoff points all in his Rookie Year
He'll still get paid despite being the biggest Bum since Martin Hanzal at the TDL
Jan. 23 at 7:53 p.m.
I’d take Kovacevic for a 5th. Would probably be okay with upping it to a 4th if necessary
Minimont and SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:57 p.m.
Sometimes Goalies or Wingers get more,Sometimes less
Defense is hit and miss too

But Centers year in and year out get overpaid as a Rule
Used to be only those winning over 50% of Faceoffs
But Now even guys Struggling between NHL and finding a team like Plekky /Staal got paid in their worst years playing really bad.
Why? Supply vs demand and the gamble was worth it even if it was just to take the option away from a rival

Trade Deadline is different each year to a degree's
But when it comes to Centers there's not a single team selling low with multiple suitors.
Even that bum Henrique who's played 13 years has 13 playoff points all in his Rookie Year
He'll still get paid despite being the biggest Bum since Martin Hanzal at the TDL

Ha ha ha. Tell us how you really feel. smile

I generally agree but Monahan had so many underwhelming years in a row. Still he has had an ok season and is fairly cheap. It will be interesting to see where he goes and for what. I think MTL wants to sell high on him since he might want 4MM per next contract and won't be worth it.
Minimont and SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 23 at 7:58 p.m.
i think they will aime to get a sooner second round pick instead of 2026.
Jan. 23 at 8:01 p.m.
Habs fan ?
Quoting: drambui
i think they will aime to get a sooner second round pick instead of 2026.

Probably but the avs don’t have any second round pick anymore 😅
Jan. 23 at 8:20 p.m.
that monahan trade is as fair as i've seen on this site. Hurts bc Meyers is a legit 4th liner that for reasons unexplainable is not in the good graces of the Avs like *looks at roster* Kiviranta & MacDermid...

as stated, he is a last option for the Avs. I'm pretty sure they only do it if all other trades fail and if RyJo is THAT bad that even Lehkonen can't get things going.
Jan. 23 at 8:32 p.m.
Quoting: swissmontana
that monahan trade is as fair as i've seen on this site. Hurts bc Meyers is a legit 4th liner that for reasons unexplainable is not in the good graces of the Avs like *looks at roster* Kiviranta & MacDermid...

as stated, he is a last option for the Avs. I'm pretty sure they only do it if all other trades fail and if RyJo is THAT bad that even Lehkonen can't get things going.

It’s waivers. Meyers can’t play another game without losing his eligibility. He’s probably a last resort or playoff call up and there’s not much he can do to change that right now
SomeonesOffended and TJTwolf liked this.
Jan. 23 at 8:38 p.m.
Quoting: turtlemountain
It’s waivers. Meyers can’t play another game without losing his eligibility. He’s probably a last resort or playoff call up and there’s not much he can do to change that right now

yeah, i know it's the waivers thing. he's still a better player than Kiviranta or MacDermid and possibly also Oloffson. I think he's not a bad fit for a Minnesota trade, they'd love him there.
turtlemountain and TJTwolf liked this.
Jan. 23 at 8:58 p.m.
Kovacevic? Not realistic at all. Almost dense.
Jan. 23 at 9:34 p.m.
Quoting: turtlemountain
As a plan B or C I think it’s fine. Play him as a 3rd liner, see if Colton can take tougher minutes.

Meyers came into the league with a lot of hype, but he’s in a weird spot for Colorado. After this next game, he loses waiver exemption. I think it’s fair to see him go to a bad team where he can get some more ice time without fear of being waived.

My fear with Monahan is the same as RyJo he just can’t keep up especially if he is paired with the likes of Wood and LOC, I just hate the fit stylistically.
Jan. 23 at 10:55 p.m.
MajorMoose
What happened to Kovacevic I remember he was well regarded last year

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll