Forums/Armchair-GM

Celebrini value

Created by: habitantlecolon
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 4, 2024
Published: Feb. 4, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
What would fetch Macklin Celebrini if he were dealt at draft??
Trades
MTL
  1. Bedard, Connor
Additional Details:
????? Not implying Bedard at all just wondering what is the value of Celebrini at draft but need to do a deal with a team so I took the last 1st overall
CHI
  1. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$75,150,416$1,170,000$7,477,500$8,349,584
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
C
RFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 4 at 9:48 a.m.
Quoting: habitantlecolon
So I was right??

Idk. I didn't read the comments. But, yeah, McTavish alone is nowhere near enough to get the 1st overall pick.
Feb. 4 at 9:49 a.m.
Snowhawk
I have heard mixed opinions on where Celebrini would fall had he been in last year’s draft, some “prospect insiders” have said he would fall right behind Bedard while others have him after Fantilli and Carlsson as well.

Going off performances at the World Jrs., I thought Celebrini was more impactful for Canada while playing on a significantly less talented team.
Garak and habitantlecolon liked this.
Feb. 4 at 9:50 a.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: Garak
I already sent one of the draft pick value studies. Their proposal from yesterday was McTavish + the 4th overall pick for the 1st overall pick.

I've looked at it and I do think that my previous deal was in line with those values, but yeah it depends on wether the player tops his ceiling. I'm not really into Celebrini, and like everyone here geez I'd love to see the Habs land Lindstrom.
Garak and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Feb. 4 at 9:52 a.m.
I already sent one of the draft pick value studies. Their proposal from yesterday was McTavish + the 4th overall pick for the 1st overall pick.

Yeah I agree. I don't think McTavish and #4 overall get #1 overall. Unless the team w/ #1 overall loves McTavish.
habitantlecolon and Garak liked this.
Feb. 4 at 9:53 a.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Yeah I agree. I don't think McTavish and #4 overall get #1 overall. Unless the team w/ #1 overall loves McTavish.

what would be the added missing piece then?
Feb. 4 at 9:55 a.m.
Snowhawk
So I was right??

The other thing that needs to be considered is, if the Hawks win the draft lottery this year, they are unable to pick first overall again with their own 1st round pick until 2028 I believe. It will require an extremely good offer for them to even consider that, they would need to be pretty comfortable that the package they receive will leave them with no regrets down the road.
Feb. 4 at 9:57 a.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: Snowhawk18
The other thing that needs to be considered is, if the Hawks win the draft lottery this year, they are unable to pick first overall again with their own 1st round pick until 2028 I believe. It will require an extremely good offer for them to even consider that, they would need to be pretty comfortable that the package they receive will leave them with no regrets down the road.

same for HABS if they win.
Snowhawk18 liked this.
Feb. 4 at 9:57 a.m.
Le patriote

oups double post
Feb. 4 at 9:59 a.m.
I've looked at it and I do think that my previous deal was in line with those values, but yeah it depends on wether the player tops his ceiling. I'm not really into Celebrini, and like everyone here geez I'd love to see the Habs land Lindstrom.

Yeah. This might seem controversial to a lot of people, but I understand where you're coming from. I could definitely make a case for trading back or picking someone else entirely, especially given all the time there still is between now and the draft. Personally, I think Celebrini is great, but if you are a team that has bigger needs than a franchise first line elite center and you have an opportunity to spread the value around your roster, rather than all on one player, it's not hard to see why a team might want to do it.
Feb. 4 at 10:04 a.m.

The language says: "No single team can advance in the draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two times in any five-year period. This limitation will not affect a club’s ability to retain its presumptive draft position in any Draft Lottery, nor would it preclude the possibility of the club moving down in draft order to the extent other clubs advance by reason of winning the Lottery Draws. For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick."

So, if you are not moving forward as a result of winning the lottery, then it doesn't count toward the "two times in five years."
Hawksguy81, Snowhawk18 and exo2769 liked this.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
A better way to gage, where does Celebrini go in last years draft?

I would guess #4 or #8

Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli are pretty far ahead of him. Then Smith vs Celebrini becomes an interesting debate at #4. I’d say flip a coin. Then next two teams went dmen and Michkov went #7. He ought to go ahead of Leonard at #8.
habitantlecolon liked this.
Le patriote
Yeah. This might seem controversial to a lot of people, but I understand where you're coming from. I could definitely make a case for trading back or picking someone else entirely, especially given all the time there still is between now and the draft. Personally, I think Celebrini is great, but if you are a team that has bigger needs than a franchise first line elite center and you have an opportunity to spread the value around your roster, rather than all on one player, it's not hard to see why a team might want to do it.

Celebrini in our line up vs :

McTavish Lindstrom Dach
Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky

For me this offers more.
Garak liked this.
Feb. 4 at 10:08 a.m.
Celebrini in our line up vs :

McTavish Lindstrom Dach
Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky

For me this offers more.

But, also, if you get that 1st overall pick and there aren't any adequate offers, I think you have to pick Celebrini. McTavish and the 4th overall are not enough, IMO. I also doubt Lindstrom makes it to the 4th pick.
Feb. 4 at 10:08 a.m.
what would be the added missing piece then?

Looking at it from the Hawks perspective, probably another late 1st or an early 2nd. McTavish fills a need as the future 2C, but I'm not totally sold on his 2-way game. His defensive game is a big question to me. And at #4, there will be a very good player for sure, but if the draft goes as expected, it's likely Celebrini and Lindstrom are both off the board at #4. Taking Demidov there (if he's still available) is a huge risk. Who knows when he actually comes over. Leshevnov is a really good prospect, but Hawks really need a skilled forward more. Eiserman to me isn't worthy of #4. Neither is Catton. Dickinson as a LD isn't a need at all. So that's why I'm asking for an additional pick.
Feb. 4 at 10:11 a.m.
The language says: "No single team can advance in the draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two times in any five-year period. This limitation will not affect a club’s ability to retain its presumptive draft position in any Draft Lottery, nor would it preclude the possibility of the club moving down in draft order to the extent other clubs advance by reason of winning the Lottery Draws. For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick."

So, if you are not moving forward as a result of winning the lottery, then it doesn't count toward the "two times in five years."

Any lottery win counts against the 2-in-5. That language is a little confusing in the initial press release.

So the only way to win three 1st overall picks in a row is if in one of those years, your team finishes dead last and teams from 12-16 win lottery.
Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Feb. 4 at 10:12 a.m.
Le patriote
But, also, if you get that 1st overall pick and there aren't any adequate offers, I think you have to pick Celebrini. McTavish and the 4th overall are not enough, IMO. I also doubt Lindstrom makes it to the 4th pick.

Celebrini
Levshunov
Demidov/Eiserman
Lindstrom
Silayev/Dickinson
Biuim
Helenius
Parekh
Garak liked this.
Feb. 4 at 10:13 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I would guess #4 or #8

Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli are pretty far ahead of him. Then Smith vs Celebrini becomes an interesting debate at #4. I’d say flip a coin. Then next two teams went dmen and Michkov went #7. He ought to go ahead of Leonard at #8.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of Celebrini. At both D -1 and his draft year, Celebrini is arguably better than Fantilli. Fantilli also had the benefit of a beast of a team around him. BU still wins games because of structure and depth. But Michigans top of the lineup players last year were an absolutely outstanding supporting cast for Fantilli. Plus, he has size and physicality on his side.

I still don't see Carlsson living up to the 2nd overall pick, either. I think he will be a great player, no doubt. But I have a feeling hindsight will tell us he should've gone later, even if that is only back one spot.
habitantlecolon and Snowhawk18 liked this.
Feb. 4 at 10:15 a.m.
Snowhawk

Thanks for the clarification.
Feb. 4 at 10:16 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Any lottery win counts against the 2-in-5. That language is a little confusing in the initial press release.

So the only way to win three 1st overall picks in a row is if in one of those years, your team finishes dead last and teams from 12-16 win lottery.

Says who? I don't think the language is confusing at all, and multiple sources have interpreted it this way. The league has said nothing to debunk that interpretation, either.
habitantlecolon and exo2769 liked this.
Feb. 4 at 10:17 a.m.
Celebrini
Levshunov
Demidov/Eiserman
Lindstrom
Silayev/Dickinson
Biuim
Helenius
Parekh

I don't understand the Silayev or Dickinson hype. I'd take Buium over both of them. Same with Parekh and Helenius, but I wouldn't even consider taking them until the mid to late 1st round.
Feb. 4 at 10:24 a.m.
Le patriote
I don't understand the Silayev or Dickinson hype. I'd take Buium over both of them. Same with Parekh and Helenius, but I wouldn't even consider taking them until the mid to late 1st round.

I'm not doing a mock draft but I do think that Levshunov is a top 3 in this draft, I wonder who from Eiserman or Demidov will slot 2nd overall and I see Lindstrom 4th then the one losing the race between Eiserman/Demivo slot 5ht and Silayev/Dickinson up next ... after that it's going to be one of Parekh, Biuim, Helenius or Catton ... then fall cuz this draft is not that deep.
Feb. 4 at 10:31 a.m.
exo2769

To me the Silayev hype is the physical tools and he's not arguably, but definitely playing against the hardest competition in the draft. It makes the perception of his floor higher than anyone else in the draft. Doesn't mean his ceiling is, but having a "greater level of certainty" is a big deal. There are Top 5 picks that don't pan out all the time.
Feb. 4 at 10:36 a.m.
I don't think that's a fair assessment of Celebrini. At both D -1 and his draft year, Celebrini is arguably better than Fantilli. Fantilli also had the benefit of a beast of a team around him. BU still wins games because of structure and depth. But Michigans top of the lineup players last year were an absolutely outstanding supporting cast for Fantilli. Plus, he has size and physicality on his side.

I still don't see Carlsson living up to the 2nd overall pick, either. I think he will be a great player, no doubt. But I have a feeling hindsight will tell us he should've gone later, even if that is only back one spot.

Everyone’s lists are different. I remember last year, some teams had Smith above Carlsson, for instance.

I personally would put Celebrini right after Smith (probably before Michkov just because the KHL risk). So #5 maybe #6.
Feb. 4 at 10:39 a.m.
Says who? I don't think the language is confusing at all, and multiple sources have interpreted it this way. The league has said nothing to debunk that interpretation, either.

It’s a rule called “Limit on Teams Winning a Lottery Draw”

Any lottery win counts as a win.

“Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.” (NHL)

This is an issue that has come up before.
Feb. 4 at 10:43 a.m.
I'm not doing a mock draft but I do think that Levshunov is a top 3 in this draft, I wonder who from Eiserman or Demidov will slot 2nd overall and I see Lindstrom 4th then the one losing the race between Eiserman/Demivo slot 5ht and Silayev/Dickinson up next ... after that it's going to be one of Parekh, Biuim, Helenius or Catton ... then fall cuz this draft is not that deep.

I doubt Eiserman goes in the top 5 and the hype around Levshunov is not what it seems, IMHO. If a team needs a top of the lineup defenseman bad enough, sure, I could see one of Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson or Buium going there, but they are not far and away better than the available forward options. If I am talking about CHI, I am taking a forward no matter where their 1st ends up.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll