$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$846,667$846,667 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$855,833$855,833
RW, C
RFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 1
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 10 at 12:09 p.m.
TrevorA
We'll get much better offers for Tanev

Harrison and a 5th or Boqvist should be included as well as Grzelcyk to make the Cap Work on BOS's side

Given we just acquired offensive Defensemen Brzustewicz, I think we need to target a BIG Shut Down RD and better yet Centre's as Prospects. That said, I pitched a 1st + Holtz + Vanecek and then you could Trade/Flip Holtz or Coronato in a package for a Top Centre option. I just wonder if Flames Ownership would be willing to retain for 2.4 seasons
MoxNix and Bast liked this.
Feb. 10 at 12:19 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
We'll get much better offers for Tanev

Harrison and a 5th or Boqvist should be included as well as Grzelcyk to make the Cap Work on BOS's side

Given we just acquired offensive Defensemen Brzustewicz, I think we need to target a BIG Shut Down RD and better yet Centre's as Prospects. That said, I pitched a 1st + Holtz + Vanecek and then you could Trade/Flip Holtz or Coronato in a package for a Top Centre option. I just wonder if Flames Ownership would be willing to retain for 2.4 seasons

Wouldn't count on it. A 2nd and a B prospect is likely the return I'm not sure what else you're expecting
Feb. 10 at 12:23 p.m.
Pass
Feb. 10 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999
Pass

frown
Feb. 10 at 12:28 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: DontTradeDougie
Wouldn't count on it. A 2nd and a B prospect is likely the return I'm not sure what else you're expecting

Obviously as big of a return as possible. There's like 12-16 Teams interested in acquiring Tanev's services, so with that kind of interest and the makings for a bidding war, I'm expecting a 1st+ with retention on Tanev. The ask is a 2nd + Quality Piece/Prospect without retention, but that's just the starting bid

Deadline Comparables would be MTL's Ben Chiarot and CLB's David Savard

DAL Targets CGY would be interested in would be: Deallandrea, Hakanpaa, Lundkvist, Bourque, Bischel. These guys can actually help us vs. a 2nd which won't for 3-5+ years
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 10 at 12:34 p.m.
LBS
That offer gets you Tanev but, it becomes which team gives the best B prospect and Stranges can definitely be beat

I'd say that's an overpay from Boston and I'd love that return if I was Calgary

If the Flames move Markstrom, I don't think they'll retain, especially with his play bouncing back from last year
Feb. 10 at 12:48 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Obviously as big of a return as possible. There's like 12-16 Teams interested in acquiring Tanev's services, so with that kind of interest and the makings for a bidding war, I'm expecting a 1st+ with retention on Tanev. The ask is a 2nd + Quality Piece/Prospect without retention, but that's just the starting bid

Deadline Comparables would be MTL's Ben Chiarot and CLB's David Savard

DAL Targets CGY would be interested in would be: Deallandrea, Hakanpaa, Lundkvist, Bourque, Bischel. These guys can actually help us vs. a 2nd which won't for 3-5+ years

I think you're in for a surprise. I would be shocked if he gets a 1st +
Feb. 10 at 12:55 p.m.
TrevorA
I think you're in for a surprise. I would be shocked if he gets a 1st +

Prepare to be shocked, especially with Teams like TBL needing to replace injured guys like Sergachev... We should find out fairly soon as well

It won't be a Top-15 Pick or anything like that, but even those aren't guaranteed to net you an NHL Player. Tanev will get a quality return, especially if he agrees to stay on with that team for another 2-4 years afterwards
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 10 at 1:04 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Calgary. Will. Not. Get. Lohrei. With. A. First
Feb. 10 at 1:11 p.m.
Calgary won't be retaining on Markstrom.

Quoting: Bcarlo25
Calgary. Will. Not. Get. Lohrei. With. A. First

No problem, Calgary would prefer Lohrei + Poitras anyhow... With conditions on Poitras' surgery.
Feb. 10 at 1:28 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: MoxNix
Calgary won't be retaining on Markstrom.

No problem, Calgary would prefer Lohrei + Poitras anyhow... With conditions on Poitras' surgery.

not getting poitras. Lohrei and a second is reasonable. a first and a lesser prospect is reasonable. lower your expectations. Hanifin isn't Lidstrom.
Feb. 10 at 2:02 p.m.
not getting poitras. Lohrei and a second is reasonable. a first and a lesser prospect is reasonable. lower your expectations. Hanifin isn't Lidstrom.

And Poitras isn't Nieuwendyk though Hanifin is much closer to Lidstrom than Poitras is to Nieuwendyk.
Feb. 10 at 4:32 p.m.
And Poitras isn't Nieuwendyk though Hanifin is much closer to Lidstrom than Poitras is to Nieuwendyk.

How is that relevant? Boston appears to be in a very top position to sign him long term if they wait and him deciding he isn’t going to extend in Calgary removes a bigger risk of waiting.

Grz, Lohrei, a #2, and a B prospect for Hanifin with a minimum salary retention is a fair offer. If you can do better, do it and Boston waits to see if he comes as a free agent. My belief is that you aren’t getting better for him, but I’m pretty high on Lohrei’s potential.

In reality, there is a viable argument to just wait and offer nothing
Feb. 12 at 1:29 p.m.
Bcarlo25

i think you're missing a key piece here....we have data points on this. we know what deadline rental trades look like. go find an example of someone like hanifin returning something like you're suggesting. go back 20 years. you're not going to find it.
dgibb10 liked this.
Feb. 12 at 1:35 p.m.
First round bust

If Monahan can return a 1st +, so can Tanev. More realistically, I expect around 2 x 2nds.

There's about a 5% chance to get a top player in the 2nd round. Probably about 15-20% to get a player of Tanev's level or better.
Feb. 12 at 1:38 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
i think you're missing a key piece here....we have data points on this. we know what deadline rental trades look like. go find an example of someone like hanifin returning something like you're suggesting. go back 20 years. you're not going to find it.

A few weeks have passed and they've started to overrate the living **** out of the lindholm return.

Just had an ask of Holtz/Casey+NJD 1st (currently 15th overall)+Jonas Siegenthaler for Hanifin lmao
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Feb. 12 at 1:41 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: dgibb10
A few weeks have passed and they've started to overrate the living **** out of the lindholm return.

Just had an ask of Holtz/Casey+NJD 1st (currently 15th overall)+Jonas Siegenthaler for Hanifin lmao

this happens every year. every selling team is expecting the world for their rentals. Vancouver did it last year with horvat. Than San Jose thought that Meier was going to get two firsts, a top prospect, and a good young roster player.

They all wind up disappointed.
Feb. 12 at 1:41 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
this happens every year. every selling team is expecting the world for their rentals. Vancouver did it last year with horvat. Than San Jose thought that Meier was going to get two firsts, a top prospect, and a good young roster player.

"There's no way you can land meier without Nemec/Mercer/Luke/Holtz++++" -SJS fans circa last year

SJS did get a pretty decent haul tho tbf

Shakir is rock solid
1st
2nd
Zetterlund

They did take back Johnsson tho and retained 50% and he was an RFA

Just didn't get the top tier of uber elite prospects they thought they would
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Feb. 12 at 2:25 p.m.

And every buying team thinks they'll get the same players for next to nothing. The top guys at their positions do get better returns than the rest every year. Hanifin and Tanev are the two most sought after defensemen this year.
Feb. 12 at 2:29 p.m.

When's the last time a 26 year old top pairing defenseman was available at the deadline and went for peanuts? Go find an example of that in the last 20 years.
Feb. 12 at 2:58 p.m.
Bcarlo25
When's the last time a 26 year old top pairing defenseman was available at the deadline and went for peanuts? Go find an example of that in the last 20 years.

couple things:
1. i'm not suggesting peanuts. i'm suggesting he goes for what all these guys go for.
2. is he a top pair guy? i think he's fringe top pair. some teams will consider him a 2, some will consider him a 3.
3. We have precedent for what is the going rate for these guys. You're expecting double that.
4. he's 27

was it you that brought up hampus lindholm as a comp? I think it was. either way, I think that's a good place to start. Now, clearly he's worth more than Hanifin. That deal came with full retention, that extension you keep hyping, and boston sending a multi-year cap dump.
That got a 1st, two 2nds, and a pretty mediocre prospect. You're expecting Lindholm to get way more than that? get real.
Feb. 12 at 2:59 p.m.
Bcarlo25
And every buying team thinks they'll get the same players for next to nothing. The top guys at their positions do get better returns than the rest every year. Hanifin and Tanev are the two most sought after defensemen this year.

every year i expect buying teams to get players based on past price tags. it tends to be a very good predictor. 1st, 3rd/B prospect, a roster player to make the money work.
Feb. 12 at 7:00 p.m.
Edited Feb. 12 at 7:22 p.m.
couple things:
1. i'm not suggesting peanuts. i'm suggesting he goes for what all these guys go for.
2. is he a top pair guy? i think he's fringe top pair. some teams will consider him a 2, some will consider him a 3.
3. We have precedent for what is the going rate for these guys. You're expecting double that.
4. he's 27

was it you that brought up hampus lindholm as a comp? I think it was. either way, I think that's a good place to start. Now, clearly he's worth more than Hanifin. That deal came with full retention, that extension you keep hyping, and boston sending a multi-year cap dump.
That got a 1st, two 2nds, and a pretty mediocre prospect. You're expecting Lindholm to get way more than that? get real.

1. You're suggesting a lowball return
2. He's a top pair guy. As you admit yourself by saying " i think he's fringe top pair". It really doesn't matter if he's 2 or 3 on "some" teams the fact is he's good enough to play top pair on any team regardless if "some" teams (including the Flames) have more than 2 guys like that.
3. Just because you keep insisting on something doesn't make it true.
4. Yeah he just turned 27 on Jan 25th. Congratulations on getting one thing right.

Hampus Lindholm...

- No I didn't bring him up.
- You're wrong he did not come with an extension. The extension was signed after the trade with Don Sweeney and the Bruins. Sweeney has coveted Hanifin since his draft year and probably longer than that. Everyone expects Hanifin would extend with Boston, probably for a bit less than he would anywhere else. The Flames already have an extension on the table he's happy with the money on and has been widely reported he would sign before a trade to a team of his choice of which Boston would surely be his first choice. So unlike Hampus, Hanifin actually would come *with an extension if that's what Boston wants but even if doesn't Boston won't be worried about extending him they know that won't be a problem as long they don't lowball him too much (like say less than Hampus got).
- This proposal is just Lohrei and a 1st (likely to be VERY late) which certainly is not double the 1st + 2x2nds + Kodie Curran that Hampus got and they moved 2 contracts out. In fact if Calgary takes back a contract which probably will be necessary the returns will be close to equal.
- Hanifin being the better, younger player is certainly worth a bit more than Hampus was at the time of his trade. Especially to Boston who have been trying to acquire him since the 2015 draft.

BTW, double the Hampus return would be 2x1st + 4x2nd + two players/prospects or one better player/prospect. That *would be a big overpay worth significantly more than Lohrei + 1st.

Additionally Calgary probably would accept a return similar to the one the Ducks got for Hampus. Keep in mind the Ducks only took back 3.6 mil worth of contracts back the biggest of which was John Moore's expiring 2.75 mil. IOW, Grzelck since his expiring contract is almost exactly that (less than 100k more) and he's the guy who'd lose his spot to Hanifin anyhow.
Feb. 12 at 7:29 p.m.
Bcarlo25
1. You're suggesting a lowball return
2. He's a top pair guy. As you admit yourself by saying " i think he's fringe top pair". It really doesn't matter if he's 2 or 3 on "some" teams the fact is he's good enough to play top pair on any team regardless if "some" teams (including the Flames) have more than 2 guys like that.
3. Just because you keep insisting on something doesn't make it true.
4. Yeah he just turned 27 on Jan 25th. Congratulations on getting one thing right.

Hampus Lindholm...

- No I didn't bring him up.
- You're wrong he did not come with an extension. The extension was signed after the trade with Don Sweeney and the Bruins. Sweeney has coveted Hanifin since his draft year and probably longer than that. Everyone expects Hanifin would extend with Boston, probably for a bit less than he would anywhere else. The Flames already have an extension on the table he's happy with the money on and has been widely reported he would sign before a trade to a team of his choice of which Boston would surely be his first choice. So unlike Hampus, Hanifin actually would come *with an extension if that's what Boston wants but even if doesn't Boston won't be worried about extending him they know that won't be a problem as long they don't lowball him too much (like say less than Hampus got).
- This proposal is just Lohrei and a 1st (likely to be VERY late) which certainly is not double the 1st + 2x2nds + Kodie Curran that Hampus got and they moved 2 contracts out. In fact if Calgary takes back a contract which probably will be necessary the returns will be close to equal.
- Hanifin being the better, younger player is certainly worth a bit more than Hampus was at the time of his trade. Especially to Boston who have been trying to acquire him since the 2015 draft.

BTW, double the Hampus return would be 2x1st + 4x2nd + two players/prospects or one better player/prospect. That *would be a big overpay worth significantly more than Lohrei + 1st.

Additionally Calgary probably would accept a return similar to the one the Ducks got for Hampus. Keep in mind the Ducks only took back 3.6 mil worth of contracts back the biggest of which was John Moore's expiring 2.75 mil. IOW, Grzelck since his expiring contract is almost exactly that (less than 100k more) and he's the guy who'd lose his spot to Hanifin anyhow.

A few things here -
1. if you're suggesting that hanifin is better than lindholm was at the time of the trade, you can just stop right here. there's no reasoning with that kind of take
2. since you seem to like this phrase - it was widely reported that the lindholm extension was mostly worked out prior to the trade. i think he signed an 8 year deal before his plane landed in boston.
3. i just don't think you're understanding the value of higher end prospects, particularly ones that have enjoyed success in the NHL. There's a reason you don't see teams higher end prospects move in rental deals.

overall, i just think you've ignored the entirety of rental deals we have to work off of in the salary cap era. maybe you're right, and hanifin will completely and entirely buck the trend. i'm perfectly happy being on the side of expecting past results will be a good indicator of future events without an inflection point. seems logical.
Feb. 12 at 7:35 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
A few things here -
1. if you're suggesting that hanifin is better than lindholm was at the time of the trade, you can just stop right here. there's no reasoning with that kind of take
2. since you seem to like this phrase - it was widely reported that the lindholm extension was mostly worked out prior to the trade. i think he signed an 8 year deal before his plane landed in boston.
3. i just don't think you're understanding the value of higher end prospects, particularly ones that have enjoyed success in the NHL. There's a reason you don't see teams higher end prospects move in rental deals.

overall, i just think you've ignored the entirety of rental deals we have to work off of in the salary cap era. maybe you're right, and hanifin will completely and entirely buck the trend. i'm perfectly happy being on the side of expecting past results will be a good indicator of future events without an inflection point. seems logical.

The ONLY example I can remember of a UFA actually being traded “with extension”.

If they can get 8x6.75 on Hanifin signed I’m sure it would increase his value. 8x7.5 Boston can wait and sign him to that whenever they want

Also they love to ignore the 2 year 5+ million dollar cap dump in Moore.

50% retained Hanifin for
1st+2nd+B prospect if he comes with a REASONABLE UFA extension (I think it would have to be sub 7 mill to add value)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll