SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #4: Deadline is Approaching

Mar. 2 at 10:16 a.m.
Absolute steal of an extension for the Canucks
Mar. 2 at 10:23 a.m.
“I’ll guess I think Petterson will want to be where mackinnon is and the canucks will want him where aho is. Somewhere in between. Bumped 5% cause Canada finance. 11.9 x 8 with tons of cash benefits such as a sizable chunk paid as bonus.“

I was close
Mar. 2 at 10:28 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
11.6m AAV as well. Pretty solid extension for the Canucks

It is... Thought is was going to be in the 11.5-12.5 range, happy to see it's on the lower side
Mar. 2 at 1:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: IconicHawk
Matt Roy is kind of in the Carson Soucy position that Carson Soucy was in last year, where he’s being linked as a trade asset at the deadline despite the team he plays for being in 0 position to sell

I feel either LA does a sign and trade like Severson for whoever to get the 8th year (Im suspecting this one) before FA

Walks for nothing

Or extends and stays and extends

But with the emergence of Clarke and Spence things may be interesting.
Mar. 2 at 2:12 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Kuznetsov on waivers lmfao

caps fans told me he was worth a first round pick this offseason
zk97 and CantStopWontStop liked this.
Mar. 2 at 2:48 p.m.
Honestly Vegas could claim. Stones ltir is huge.

nvm, didn’t see he had a year of term still.
Mar. 2 at 3:04 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Honestly Vegas could claim. Stones ltir is huge.

nvm, didn’t see he had a year of term still.

Hes not been good, go use the cap and assets on someone better like Guentzel or Buchnevich
edeangel84 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 3:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 2 at 3:21 p.m.
Pretty funny how as soon as Pete signs his deal the classic meme comes to life

Just be happy the guy extended and dont make it about someone else lul
Mar. 2 at 3:25 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Hes not been good, go use the cap and assets on someone better like Guentzel or Buchnevich

Getting picked early in the draft by them means wait a year to find out what team you’re going to play for lol.

They should keep one someday

But yeah probably not this year. Vegas prospects have their bags packed refreshing tsn.
Mar. 2 at 3:31 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Gotta think ALL UFAs that are non playoff teams will be traded.
But the question is are that bubble teams, are they sellers?
For instance Flyers who are in playoffs as of now, have Seeler and Walker. Nashville has few. Even the Flames have improved to be in the playoff running.
zk97 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 3:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal
Gotta think ALL UFAs that are non playoff teams will be traded.
But the question is are that bubble teams, are they sellers?
For instance Flyers who are in playoffs as of now, have Seeler and Walker. Nashville has few. Even the Flames have improved to be in the playoff running.

I think its 50/50

As sometimes teams think they can make it then nope

Basically explore the market but also watch the team

Like to me NSH should sell the pending guys as really how much noise they gonna make. Last time Avs said howdy on em and a 4 game spanking commenced

SEA makes 0 sense as they dont seem to know what they want to do and are eying stand put. Sell the pending guys lul
Mar. 2 at 4:04 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I think its 50/50

As sometimes teams think they can make it then nope

Basically explore the market but also watch the team

Like to me NSH should sell the pending guys as really how much noise they gonna make. Last time Avs said howdy on em and a 4 game spanking commenced
SEA makes 0 sense as they dont seem to know what they want to do and are eying stand put. Sell the pending guys lul

I think the Flyers owe to their players and fans, not to sell. It will be a good experience for their players to get playoff action, especially their young players, instead of couple second round picks if they sold.

Kinda funny, that the Isles a few years ago, were barely out of playoff spot at TDL They didn't trade Tavares, and still missed the playoffs. And somehow the Isles fans blame Tavares leaving as a UFA. Isles management had a choice to be sellers but didn't.
Mar. 2 at 4:17 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I think the Flyers owe to their players and fans, not to sell. It will be a good experience for their players to get playoff action, especially their young players, instead of couple second round picks if they sold.

Kinda funny, that the Isles a few years ago, were barely out of playoff spot at TDL They didn't trade Tavares, and still missed the playoffs. And somehow the Isles fans blame Tavares leaving as a UFA. Isles management had a choice to be sellers but didn't.

It depends to me as I think u can trade Seeler because of Zamula.
Mar. 2 at 4:21 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
How FLA is trying to get Hanifin with the little to no assets they have is confusing

Unless Lundell is going the other way as part of the PKG I cant see why CGY would make a deal
palhal liked this.
Mar. 2 at 4:24 p.m.
Amirov Forever
How FLA is trying to get Hanifin with the little to no assets they have is confusing

Unless Lundell is going the other way as part of the PKG I cant see why CGY would make a deal

Samoskevich, Sourdif, and Benning are all top notch prospects that Im sure would do a lot of heavy lifting in a trade for Hanifin
Db1899 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 4:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Samoskevich, Sourdif, and Benning are all top notch prospects that Im sure would do a lot of heavy lifting in a trade for Hanifin

CGY wants to retool and wants guys ready if im them I dont want to wait for more prospects to become full on NHL ready. Cause FLA 1st may not be till 2027 I want Lundell as part of it.

Hes NHL ready and if Hanifin plans on extending with FLA im holding the fort and going you dont got much assets and we dont want to wait on prospects.

If not go to Brisbois and let the significant overpay commence
Mar. 2 at 4:30 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

The other issues Hanifin's M NTC. Tampa/Florida just might be out of the running due to lack of future assets. Bruins might want to strengthen centre in anything. The Flames fans on CF think Hanifan is worth so much to every team. Hanifan might just prefer to be out of the playoffs, rest this summer and be ready in September for his new team. Just saying the teams available to be traded might be very limited.
By the way, Hanifan may have a reluctance to sign long term in Canada. But for an East Coast American, Calgary (and the travel and isolation) may be looked at a lot differently than a the Leafs who play in the Atlantic division.
Mar. 2 at 5:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
The other issues Hanifin's M NTC. Tampa/Florida just might be out of the running due to lack of future assets. Bruins might want to strengthen centre in anything. The Flames fans on CF think Hanifan is worth so much to every team. Hanifan might just prefer to be out of the playoffs, rest this summer and be ready in September for his new team. Just saying the teams available to be traded might be very limited.
By the way, Hanifan may have a reluctance to sign long term in Canada. But for an East Coast American, Calgary (and the travel and isolation) may be looked at a lot differently than a the Leafs who play in the Atlantic division.

I think FLA taxes be why he has his eyes set on those two lul

Makes sense, but yea unless FLA give Lundell I cant see it
Mar. 2 at 5:24 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I think FLA taxes be why he has his eyes set on those two lul

Makes sense, but yea unless FLA give Lundell I cant see it

I just wonder if Lundell isn't available.....what are the other teams offering that is better? Gee, the Panthers seem to be rolling right now. Tampa, can't see them being big buyers.

A bit off topic.....Leafs against either the Panthers or Bruins in the first round.
Mar. 2 at 5:43 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I just wonder if Lundell isn't available.....what are the other teams offering that is better? Gee, the Panthers seem to be rolling right now. Tampa, can't see them being big buyers.

A bit off topic.....Leafs against either the Panthers or Bruins in the first round.

TBL would just throw so many picks CGY would go yes lul

Look what they gave for Jeannot
Mar. 2 at 5:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
TBL would just throw so many picks CGY would go yes lul

Look what they gave for Jeannot

I guess Tampa might do it....if they had the picks. Same if Dubas was still the Leafs GM. Leafs wouldn't have a first or second round pick till the 2030s.
Mar. 2 at 5:57 p.m.
CGY wants to retool and wants guys ready if im them I dont want to wait for more prospects to become full on NHL ready. Cause FLA 1st may not be till 2027 I want Lundell as part of it.

Hes NHL ready and if Hanifin plans on extending with FLA im holding the fort and going you dont got much assets and we dont want to wait on prospects.

If not go to Brisbois and let the significant overpay commence

Hanifin has a say in where he goes. Floridas 2026 1st, sameskovich , luostarainen should get it done
Mar. 2 at 6:22 p.m.
Edited Mar. 2 at 6:37 p.m.
Bostons gonna get it hanifan think. I just think hanifan wants the florida benefits. Perhaps he holds out for them.

Bruins have 2 openings possibly next season, have the assets to make the deal.

Lightning have Stamkos to deal with, panthers have Reinhardt. I have no doubt both will take hometown discounts but it still is challenging to fit a hanifan too.
Mar. 2 at 6:24 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Kuznetsov on waivers lmfao

caps fans told me he was worth a first round pick this offseason

Future SJ Shark? They have nothing to lose.
Mar. 2 at 6:25 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899
Hanifin has a say in where he goes. Floridas 2026 1st, sameskovich , luostarainen should get it done

As said before if im CGY because of the position of FLA's pick I want Lundell as part of the deal. That above okay but not great for Hanifin whose basically #1 D this TDL. If im CGY I stick to Lundell + 1st

If not u snooze you lose FLA

Then you got competition from the other FLA team, TBL 0 concern as they will throw a draft class of picks + Perbix and Howard if they really want him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll