Forums/Armchair-GM

Zegras Cost

Created by: KL58
Team: 2023-24 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 25, 2024
Published: Feb. 25, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know it will cost more than a 1st round pick but this can transfer Malkin to wing!
Trades
ANA
  1. 2026 1st round pick (PIT)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$78,492,675$0$0$5,007,325
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,450,000$2,450,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,125,000$3,125,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$825,000$825,000
LD
RFA - 1
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,375,000$5,375,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 25 at 8:51 a.m.
Time to toss in Yager and your 1st this year if you want to have any kind of discussion
OldNYIfan and aedoran liked this.
Feb. 25 at 8:52 a.m.
The Ducks have listened on Trevor Zegras, my understanding is they haven’t phoned a single team and brought up his name. This is other teams, because it’s been out there, picking up the phone and saying what’s going on here, and the Ducks haven’t hung up, they haven’t said how dare you. But that’s a big difference between making it a priority to move him, you know what I mean. And I will tell you of the 4 or 5 teams that I’m told have phoned the Ducks, that the Montreal Canadiens are one of them. So that is true and why wouldn’t they. But having said that, I don’t get the sense right now that the Ducks are committed to moving him or they really want to move him. I think this is more that somehow his name came up and teams started calling"

From Pierre Lebrun, can we stop with the Zegras trades, it isnt happening

Seravalli and Friedman have a horrendus track record with the Ducks, they have no reliable source on that team, they are constantly wrong every time they talk about them
Feb. 25 at 8:52 a.m.
Around 3-4 good pieces

Good young player
Top-50 prospect
1st round pick
Mid round or conditional pick
Feb. 25 at 8:58 a.m.
Quoting: Salzy
The Ducks have listened on Trevor Zegras, my understanding is they haven’t phoned a single team and brought up his name. This is other teams, because it’s been out there, picking up the phone and saying what’s going on here, and the Ducks haven’t hung up, they haven’t said how dare you. But that’s a big difference between making it a priority to move him, you know what I mean. And I will tell you of the 4 or 5 teams that I’m told have phoned the Ducks, that the Montreal Canadiens are one of them. So that is true and why wouldn’t they. But having said that, I don’t get the sense right now that the Ducks are committed to moving him or they really want to move him. I think this is more that somehow his name came up and teams started calling"

Seravalli and Friedman have a horrendus track record with the Ducks, they have no reliable source on that team, they are constantly wrong every time they talk about them

You got this copied and ready to keep pasting?
Feb. 25 at 8:59 a.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Around 3-4 good pieces

Good young player
Top-50 prospect
1st round pick
Mid round or conditional pick

Only prospect they have that we’d have interest in is Yager I think
Feb. 25 at 9:35 a.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro

But even then, they have no ‘24 1st. I don’t think ANA would at all be interested in even Yager + ‘25 1st. I don’t think PIT has the pieces to acquire someone like Zegras
Feb. 25 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: Jded
But even then, they have no ‘24 1st. I don’t think ANA would at all be interested in even Yager + ‘25 1st. I don’t think PIT has the pieces to acquire someone like Zegras

No, I don’t think so either
Feb. 25 at 10:00 a.m.
Habs 2010

The quote you just used also says the Ducks are listening lol. You're only reading what you want to see. A GM is never gonna say "yes it is our goal to trade our 22 year old former top 10 pick". MTL said they weren't trading Subban either, until they did.

Here's a simple observation, Anaheim is among league leaders in cap space, yet they entered the season with a contract dispute over Zegras and didn't sign him to a long term deal (which would have had beneficial cap savings down the road when the team is actually competitive). They are obviously not married to Trevor Zegras.
Feb. 25 at 10:31 a.m.
Quoting: Shanesaw9

The quote you just used also says the Ducks are listening lol. You're only reading what you want to see. A GM is never gonna say "yes it is our goal to trade our 22 year old former top 10 pick". MTL said they weren't trading Subban either, until they did.

Here's a simple observation, Anaheim is among league leaders in cap space, yet they entered the season with a contract dispute over Zegras and didn't sign him to a long term deal (which would have had beneficial cap savings down the road when the team is actually competitive). They are obviously not married to Trevor Zegras.

Sure ignore the actual line saying they don’t want to move him, doesn’t affect me at all if you don’t have reading comprehension skills.

Every team will obviously listen on every player outside maybe a very select few, it would be poor asset management not to.
Jded liked this.
Feb. 25 at 11:16 a.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Too high is the price
Feb. 25 at 12:06 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Pitt doesn't have the pieces to pull off a Zegras acquisition.
GeneralLandro, aedoran, Jded and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 25 at 12:06 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Feb. 25 at 12:54 p.m.
Time to toss in Yager and your 1st this year if you want to have any kind of discussion

Zegras for Kyrou and Toronto’s 2nd Rd 2024 pick?
Feb. 25 at 1:37 p.m.

Quoting: GiggywithGibby

Yeah, a team like Pittsburgh may have more difficult time putting together a competitive offer.

But if they sell-off into 2024 deadline, add some good pieces, than maybe they could swing it over the summer if they are trying to retool quickly.
GeneralLandro liked this.
Feb. 25 at 1:53 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Feb. 25 at 2:36 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Yeah, a team like Pittsburgh may have more difficult time putting together a competitive offer.

But if they sell-off into 2024 deadline, add some good pieces, than maybe they could swing it over the summer if they are trying to retool quickly.

I think the amount of media speculation that Verbeek is looking for a divorce is way overblown. Yeah, I'm sure Zegras isn't the same level of untouchable as Carlsson and Gauthier are, but Verbeek also knows he's incredibly skilled and brings a lot to the team, and giving that up for something less than answering a very serious need on the roster just isn't worth it, and late 1sts that become middle 6 grinders isn't worth it when we've got a pipeline already chocked full of those players.

And I can tell you, the Ducks haven't looked any better defensively with him out of the lineup, but there's been a notable lack of offense in his absence, wins have been coming by way of the other teams goalie being unable to stop a beach ball. We just blew a 48 save performance by Gibby last night in LA because McTavish and Killorn couldn't put one away in the shootout. Had Zegras been there, high confidence we would have won that game.

I guess a TL: DR wrapup, a quantity return only adds to Anaheims already great depth across the middle 6, since we're not lacking there, there's no reason to take that as a return. It'll take a potential 1RD or 1RW as the basis of the trade to work.
Jded, GeneralLandro and NHLfan10506 liked this.
Feb. 25 at 1:54 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: noted
Zegras for Kyrou and Toronto’s 2nd Rd 2024 pick?

Eh, that's at least in the realm of possibility.
noted, Jded and GeneralLandro liked this.
Feb. 25 at 2:39 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I think the amount of media speculation that Verbeek is looking for a divorce is way overblown. Yeah, I'm sure Zegras isn't the same level of untouchable as Carlsson and Gauthier are, but Verbeek also knows he's incredibly skilled and brings a lot to the team, and giving that up for something less than answering a very serious need on the roster just isn't worth it, and late 1sts that become middle 6 grinders isn't worth it when we've got a pipeline already chocked full of those players.

And I can tell you, the Ducks haven't looked any better defensively with him out of the lineup, but there's been a notable lack of offense in his absence, wins have been coming by way of the other teams goalie being unable to stop a beach ball. We just blew a 48 save performance by Gibby last night in LA because McTavish and Killorn couldn't put one away in the shootout. Had Zegras been there, high confidence we would have won that game.

I guess a TLgrinR wrapup, a quantity return only adds to Anaheims already great depth across the middle 6, since we're not lacking there, there's no reason to take that as a return. It'll take a potential 1RD or 1RW as the basis of the trade to work.

It sounds like Verbeek will listen to any offers that are paying 100 cents on the dollar…but fans want to acquire him at discount.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll