Forums/Armchair-GM

Petey

Created by: Christian17
Team: 2023-24 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 27, 2024
Published: Feb. 27, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If VAN can’t sign Pettersson by the draft I see them trading him and the asset comparables are Eichel, Meier, and Tkachuk.
Trades
ANA
  1. Kakko, Kaapo
  2. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
  3. 2025 5th round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Henrique, Adam ($2,912,500 retained)
  2. Vatrano, Frank ($1,825,000 retained)
ANA
  1. 2024 5th round pick (EDM)
  2. 2024 6th round pick (NSH)
ANA
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (DAL)
ANA
  1. Guentzel, Jake ($3,000,000 retained)
PIT
ANA
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. 2025 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Ducks are in a position where they can just buy out Campbell since they’re not pinching pennies in win now mode
EDM
  1. Guentzel, Jake ($1,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Ducks are a middle man in three way between PIT and EDM. In this scenario EDM probably loses two firsts Broberg, Foegele + to get Guentzal and have enough cap to re-sign him by offloading the Campbell contract in full. A 1st in 2025 top 10 protected is probably the lowest price they could have without taking back salary
VAN
  1. Jones, Max
  2. LaCombe, Jackson
  3. McTavish, Mason
  4. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
  5. 2025 1st round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
The Anaheim pick is top 5 protected

This trade would happen at the draft.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$76,875,834$0$3,962,500$6,624,166
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 7
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$896,667$896,667 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
RD
RFA - 3
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$550,000$550K)
LD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$812,500$812,500
G
RFA - 2
$844,167$844,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 27 at 3:19 p.m.
No Anaheim is not taking Campbell unless we get a minimum of a 1 PER YEAR of his contract

Not trading both Henrique and Vatrano in that deal either

I’d rather just keep Carrick and resign him that trading him for late round picks
LosPatos liked this.
GM
NYR decline that deal
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
either take away the top 5 protection or include Leo Carlsson, VAN would charge a premium for any Pacific team trying to get EP40.
jfkst1 liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:21 p.m.
Jah1722
The ducks actually aren’t in a spot to take on Campbell in this scenario. EP will need a big extension in the offseason and then all of the kids will need raises in 2-3 years too. They will be tight to the cap and the Campbell dead money could be a hindrance.
LosPatos liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:23 p.m.
Rangers say no thanks.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:29 p.m.
Banned
Here's why I think ANA shouldn't do a deal like this... McTavish. This team has a bevy of young developing players, so slated to be top NHL talent.

To me what happens here is you get Pettersson to accelerate the rebuild and you in essence almost waste some years of him being here because you're still waiting on everyone else to develop, so then you have to go out and start spending money you don't need to surround them with more vets.

Ducks should stay the course.
Feb. 27 at 3:33 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Cornbreadnhl
Rangers say no thanks.

Really? I don't know, that seems like a pretty stellar deal. With all due respect, Kakko is a bust in terms of what his projection was. You'd be getting another year of Vatrano at half-price ,and you should remember how good he was for you guys, and Henrique is the perfect fill-in for Chytil this year.
Feb. 27 at 3:45 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Really? I don't know, that seems like a pretty stellar deal. With all due respect, Kakko is a bust in terms of what his projection was. You'd be getting another year of Vatrano at half-price ,and you should remember how good he was for you guys, and Henrique is the perfect fill-in for Chytil this year.

The Rangers biggest need is at RW and they are not trading a 23 year old that is still improving for rentals or one and a half years of Vatrano. All the bust nonsense is irrelevant at this point, he is a young solid all around RW that is still improving and doesn't cost that much, he's not going anywhere.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:51 p.m.
Banned
The Rangers biggest need is at RW and they are not trading a 23 year old that is still improving for rentals or one and a half years of Vatrano. All the bust nonsense is irrelevant at this point, he is a young solid all around RW that is still improving and doesn't cost that much, he's not going anywhere.

The rangers biggest need is clearly an upgrade at 3C, but I do expect them to go after a middle-six winger, too. Kakko is 100% a bust in terms of what his expectation was. He's got a great two-way game, but his production is just mediocre AF and that's being kind.
Feb. 27 at 3:52 p.m.

Vatrano isn’t much more productive than Kakko is at 5v5, where he would play primarily if he was traded to the Rangers, and he’s way worse defensively than Kakko. A major reason that Vatrano’s stat line looks as good as it does is because he gets a ton of minutes in all situations due to the Ducks being bad. Another reason is because he got 11 goals in 14 games to start the season.

Just because Kakko hasn’t lived up to the expectations of a 2nd overall doesn’t mean the Rangers should trade him.
Cornbreadnhl and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Feb. 27 at 4:26 p.m.
Mac1010
Quoting: GeneralLandro
No Anaheim is not taking Campbell unless we get a minimum of a 1 PER YEAR of his contract

I’d rather just keep Carrick and resign him that trading him for late round picks

which you are because he bought him out soo the your getting a 1st for the owner paying money and some low dead cap for a team rebuilding and it doesnt matter.
does he need to add a bit more yes like a 3rd or prospect but its no where near a 1st for every year.
NARC311 liked this.
Feb. 27 at 5:05 p.m.
Quoting: mm1010
which you are because he bought him out soo the your getting a 1st for the owner paying money and some low dead cap for a team rebuilding and it doesnt matter.
does he need to add a bit more yes like a 3rd or prospect but its no where near a 1st for every year.

Wrong, not happening, keep dreaming
Feb. 27 at 5:13 p.m.
The rangers biggest need is clearly an upgrade at 3C, but I do expect them to go after a middle-six winger, too. Kakko is 100% a bust in terms of what his expectation was. He's got a great two-way game, but his production is just mediocre AF and that's being kind.

Your opinion of Kakko is irrelevant. The Rangers are happy with him and he helps, not hurts the team, especially at his cost, so his draft position is meaningless. You feel better about yourself badmouthing hockey players, that's your issue, I could care less what you think about Ranger players. And the Rangers biggest need is absolutely a RW for Mika's line asap. Brodzinski has done a good job at 3C for now and Chytil is more than likely returning next season, so the 3C issue isn't as concerning at the moment. Upgrading from Brodzinski would be fine, but a RW for Mika's line is issue #1.
Feb. 27 at 5:21 p.m.
Banned
Edited Feb. 27 at 5:29 p.m.
Quoting: Terrifiedofeveryone
Vatrano isn’t much more productive than Kakko is at 5v5, where he would play primarily if he was traded to the Rangers, and he’s way worse defensively than Kakko. A major reason that Vatrano’s stat line looks as good as it does is because he gets a ton of minutes in all situations due to the Ducks being bad. Another reason is because he got 11 goals in 14 games to start the season.

Just because Kakko hasn’t lived up to the expectations of a 2nd overall doesn’t mean the Rangers should trade him.

LOLOLOL Isn't much more than a productive Kakko? What a weird comment to make. Like hey, player A isn't anything more than player B other than the fact he actually scores. Who wants that? No Rangers fans apparently. Who needs players who score?!? LOL

Do you realize how silly that sounds? Vatrano has 26 goals with around what, 30 games to go? Kakko doesn't even have 26 points LOL. Get outta here lol
Feb. 27 at 5:25 p.m.
Banned
Your opinion of Kakko is irrelevant. The Rangers are happy with him and he helps, not hurts the team, especially at his cost, so his draft position is meaningless. You feel better about yourself badmouthing hockey players, that's your issue, I could care less what you think about Ranger players. And the Rangers biggest need is absolutely a RW for Mika's line asap. Brodzinski has done a good job at 3C for now and Chytil is more than likely returning next season, so the 3C issue isn't as concerning at the moment. Upgrading from Brodzinski would be fine, but a RW for Mika's line is issue #1.

You're an odd duck. Me simply offering an unbiased opinion on a player and you're getting weirdly defensive. I said Kakko is a bust in the respect that he hasn't lived up to what his expectations were. I'm not sure how that's badmouthing and I'm correct. He hasn't lived up to what he was supposed to be. I also, in a positive way, recognized his great defensive game. You need to calm down.

And everything else you said was wrong. 3C is your main need, not a RW for Mika. One of the biggest things that separates teams in the playoffs is quality depth and right now your depth isn't bad per-se, but you need more production there if you're gonna go deep in the playoffs. If you had Chytil then yes, the RW would be the biggest need, but you don't and it's not. 3C is your main need.
Feb. 27 at 5:36 p.m.
You're an odd duck. Me simply offering an unbiased opinion on a player and you're getting weirdly defensive. I said Kakko is a bust in the respect that he hasn't lived up to what his expectations were. I'm not sure how that's badmouthing and I'm correct. He hasn't lived up to what he was supposed to be. I also, in a positive way, recognized his great defensive game. You need to calm down.

And everything else you said was wrong. 3C is your main need, not a RW for Mika. One of the biggest things that separates teams in the playoffs is quality depth and right now your depth isn't bad per-se, but you need more production there if you're gonna go deep in the playoffs. If you had Chytil then yes, the RW would be the biggest need, but you don't and it's not. 3C is your main need.

You're an odd Penguin and you need to know what your talking about before saying things. 1RW is the top need coming from someone that watches every Ranger game, and probably from 90% of all Ranger fans plus management. And the fact you have to add your opinion about Kakko not living up to expectations shows your immaturity. Maybe because of how your team is doing? I don't know, but either way, it is meaningless.
Feb. 27 at 5:45 p.m.
Banned
You're an odd Penguin and you need to know what your talking about before saying things. 1RW is the top need coming from someone that watches every Ranger game, and probably from 90% of all Ranger fans plus management. And the fact you have to add your opinion about Kakko not living up to expectations shows your immaturity. Maybe because of how your team is doing? I don't know, but either way, it is meaningless.

I have quite a few friends who are Ranger fans as I actually live in the NY area and they all agree that 3C is the main need, and I actually do know what I'm taking about. Again, you're being weirdly defensive because I offered a true opinion on a player. If you think offering real opinions on players is immature then clearly you're very young and immature yourself. If you can't handle real criticism you should get off this board.

The Pens being crap right now has no bearing on how I view other teams or players. Unlike you, I don't take this stuff personally and let it cloud my vision. Again, calm down.
Feb. 27 at 5:52 p.m.
LOLOLOL Isn't much more than a productive Kakko? What a weird comment to make. Like hey, player A isn't anything more than player B other than the fact he actually scores. Who wants that? No Rangers fans apparently. Who needs players who score?!? LOL

Do you realize how silly that sounds? Vatrano has 26 goals with around what, 30 games to go? Kakko doesn't even have 26 points LOL. Get outta here lol

I said at 5v5.
Feb. 27 at 5:54 p.m.
Banned
I said at 5v5, but obviously you’re not looking to debate in good faith at all.

Ok, Vatrano has 16G 5v5 and that's still more points that Kakko has in total points.
Feb. 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Ok, Vatrano has 16G 5v5 and that's still more points that Kakko has in total points.

Vatrano has 10 goals at 5v5 according to NaturalStatTrick. You need to work on your reading comprehension and data acquisition skills.
Feb. 27 at 6:06 p.m.
Banned
Vatrano has 10 goals at 5v5 according to NaturalStatTrick. You need to work on your reading comprehension and data acquisition skills.

I simply removed his PP goals from his total. I did just notice he as 2 shorties, so that would leave 14G, so unless he has 4 OT goals that would be the only reason. I'm not sure why you're choosing to insult me just because you don't like my take?

But ok, let's go with 10 5v5G. Kakko has 11 total points. Your original point is still invalid and odd.
Feb. 27 at 6:27 p.m.
Wrong, not happening, keep dreaming

I don’t know if it’ll happen but it’d be a good trade for both sides.
Feb. 27 at 6:30 p.m.

Keeping Carrick would be dumb when you get a player similar to him through playing Groulx more and you can get an asset for an expiring contract. I disagree on your Campbell take. Henrique and Vatrano is probably fair for a 1st and Kakko. I assume Kakko has about the value of a 1st and a little bit. So two firsts for Vatrano and Henrique is fair.
Feb. 27 at 6:31 p.m.
Quoting: GM69
NYR decline that deal

I doubt it. Drury runs the risk of Kakko going the way of Puljujarvi with a real shot at a Cup this year. I think they take this deal running the risk of Kakko figuring it out on another team.
Feb. 27 at 6:36 p.m.
Quoting: Julius_Freezer
either take away the top 5 protection or include Leo Carlsson, VAN would charge a premium for any Pacific team trying to get EP40.

Nah I think it’s fair, they run the risk of EP walking after his offer sheet. Getting McTavish 2 firsts, Jones and Lacombe is even more value arguably than the Tkachuck trade. And I don’t know if there’s many other teams that would be able to offer that kinda package. The whole same division premium is overblown.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll