2. 2024 1st round pick (NYR)
NYR
  1. Hanifin, Noah ($2,475,000 retained)
CGY
  1. 2025 1st round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
top 10 protected
BOS
  1. Kuzmenko, Andrei ($2,750,000 retained)
CGY
  1. 2024 5th round pick (SEA)
CGY
  1. Casey, Seamus [Reserve List]
  2. Vanecek, Vitek
  3. 2024 3rd round pick (NJD)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$73,889,166$0$212,500$9,610,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the New York Rangers
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 29 at 5:46 a.m.
There's like a less than zero percent chance Lindgren would sign an extension with Calgary so I can't see any way the Flames would target him. Rangers fans seem more inclined to move Miller though since he's struggled a lot this year. If that's the case I would gladly take him instead.

I have a hard time seeing Boston do that but maybe

Devils fans will tell you Markstrom is only worth a 2nd
TMLBRIAN liked this.
Feb. 29 at 5:48 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
There's like a less than zero percent chance Lindgren would sign an extension with Calgary so I can't see any way the Flames would target him. Rangers fans seem more inclined to move Miller though since he's struggled a lot this year. If that's the case I would gladly take him instead.

Fair - I actually agree with Devils fans on that one. Time will tell though.
Feb. 29 at 5:49 a.m.

I just changed the 1st to a 3rd. Casey is a big piece. Thoughts from your perspective?
Feb. 29 at 5:53 a.m.
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
I just changed the 1st to a 3rd. Casey is a big piece. Thoughts from your perspective?

I was kidding on the Devils one. Casey is solid but he's not worth that much, especially if Calgary is taking on VV. The original trade was probably much closer to fair but probably add retention to Markstrom (1.5-2M)
Feb. 29 at 5:57 a.m.
I was kidding on the Devils one. Casey is solid but he's not worth that much, especially if Calgary is taking on VV. The original trade was probably much closer to fair but probably add retention to Markstrom (1.5-2M)

Goalies rarely go for much. Casey seems like a perfect add for Calgary. Seems like their RD prospect pool is low. But their LD pool is heavy. Time will tell if Markstrom gets moved!

BIG UFA ADD - Andersson
Lindgren-Weegar
New Defensive Kid from Dallas - Casey

Could be a fun long term 6 man!
Feb. 29 at 6:17 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
Honestly, the idea of moving Miller to a forward spot has been kicked around; the idea puts onus on a Lindgren re-signing. Other trades are making the Rangers take a wait-and-see approach.

Hanafin has been tied to the Rangers for months, for both short and long-term possibilities. A deal retaining salary and sending a player in return, doesn't look as necessary, if placing Miller up front takes place.

But, hey, enjoy the fantasy.
TMLBRIAN liked this.
Feb. 29 at 6:40 a.m.
Goalies rarely go for much. Casey seems like a perfect add for Calgary. Seems like their RD prospect pool is low. But their LD pool is heavy. Time will tell if Markstrom gets moved!

BIG UFA ADD - Andersson
Lindgren-Weegar
New Defensive Kid from Dallas - Casey

Could be a fun long term 6 man!

Goalies are rarely ever traded in general. Especially one that will be top 5 in Vezina voting and also has term. the 2 closest examples in any recent time are Vokoun and R. Miller

Casey is a weird fit. RD wise Calgary has Weegar and Andersson (probably going to be extended and likely named captain) for the foreseeable future. Then they just acquired Brzustewicz, who is a similar caliber prospect and about a year younger than Casey. The question is whether Calgary needs another offensive defenseman, which is probably not. Odds are Kylington is staying, he has been pretty outspoken about where his loyalty lies and how he owes it to Calgary. On top of that Calgary also has Poirier who was looking like an absolute stud at the start of the year, but we'll see how he is once he starts playing again. Then we also have Morin, who is having another solid offensive year in the AHL. I'm not saying Calgary wouldn't be interested in Casey, just that he's not a perfect fit outside of the way he holds his stick.

Again I think the chances that Lindgren would sign in Calgary are less than zero percent. If Hanifin isn't willing to extend, why would he?
Feb. 29 at 6:47 a.m.
Goalies are rarely ever traded in general. Especially one that will be top 5 in Vezina voting and also has term. the 2 closest examples in any recent time are Vokoun and R. Miller

Casey is a weird fit. RD wise Calgary has Weegar and Andersson (probably going to be extended and likely named captain) for the foreseeable future. Then they just acquired Brzustewicz, who is a similar caliber prospect and about a year younger than Casey. The question is whether Calgary needs another offensive defenseman, which is probably not. Odds are Kylington is staying, he has been pretty outspoken about where his loyalty lies and how he owes it to Calgary. On top of that Calgary also has Poirier who was looking like an absolute stud at the start of the year, but we'll see how he is once he starts playing again. Then we also have Morin, who is having another solid offensive year in the AHL. I'm not saying Calgary wouldn't be interested in Casey, just that he's not a perfect fit outside of the way he holds his stick.

Again I think the chances that Lindgren would sign in Calgary are less than zero percent. If Hanifin isn't willing to extend, why would he?

Oh right!! I forgot they got Brzustewicz. What a stellar add by Conroy. You guys won that Vancouver trade HARD.

Why do you think Lindgren wouldn't sign? He is an RFA.
Feb. 29 at 7:33 a.m.
Oh right!! I forgot they got Brzustewicz. What a stellar add by Conroy. You guys won that Vancouver trade HARD.

Why do you think Lindgren wouldn't sign? He is an RFA.

Same as Hanifin. US born player in his prime. Not looking for a rebuilding team
Feb. 29 at 7:39 a.m.
Since Fitzy offered Holtz for Markstrom, and Conroy accepted with "some" retention.

Than if there is no retention on Markstrom, the return is expected to be...less than Holtz.

Devils are the only buyer...
Calgary can just hang onto him and sell him over summer or at next deadline (albeit for less)

I think Fitzy is holding out for Hanifin+Markstrom package

Something like...
NJD: Holtz, Bahl, protected 1st (like LAK 2023), mid-pick
CGY: Hanifin, Markstrom (50%)
Feb. 29 at 8:01 a.m.
You're right to target Lindgren since it wouldn't be wise for the Rangers to extend him.

You're wrong to try to send back a rental for him. It'd be for someone with team control and a comparable cap or for a mid 1st.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Feb. 29 at 9:20 a.m.
Soggy
Rangers need a forward much more than they need a D. Decline
Feb. 29 at 9:46 a.m.

These Rangers fans who want to move Miller actually know very little about hockey so I would take what they say with a grain of salt. Rangers brass would surely move Lindgren before Miller because the type of game Lindgren plays tends to break down the body at a quicker rate. If the Rangers do decide to move Lindgren though, it would probably look like something along the lines of the Brady Skjei return (back half of round 1 draft pick) or a forward of a similar age. Miller has been arguably the Rangers best defenseman since the all star break.

Agree with everything else you said.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Feb. 29 at 11:10 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist

I know of a guy who was coming off a top 5 Vezina season (and a top 10 finish the year before) at age 30 with a contract of 6 million dollars with term who was acquired without paying a single draft asset
Feb. 29 at 11:28 a.m.
Avs decline.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll