SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/NJD) - Allen for 2025 3rd (NJD)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 8 at 5:28 p.m.
Jay27
Normally I would say a third would be a reasonable return for a half retained Allen…but after seeing how much of a buyers market it is at this year’s TDL I’m amazed by this especially considering the plausible condition on the pick that would turn the return into a 2nd. Hughes knows what he is doing.
Habs_22_14_20 and KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Mar. 8 at 6:00 p.m.
if there was an award for the worst GM of the season, I couldn't decide who is worse - Fitzgerald, Dubas or Greer
Habs_22_14_20 and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 8 at 6:34 p.m.
Jay27
Quoting: BigVuVu
if there was an award for the worst GM of the season, I couldn't decide who is worse - Fitzgerald, Dubas or Greer

Grier retaining on Hertl’s contract for the next 6+ years would probably be the biggest poop in the portapotty IMO.
Mar. 8 at 7:51 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Allen is underrated and under appreciated. Good deal for both teams
RawDeal liked this.
Mar. 8 at 8:16 p.m.
sLIM
Hughes has never made a bad trade. Habs would’ve been happy to get rid of Allen for nothing
Mar. 8 at 11:17 p.m.
Quoting: Huge_Caniac_Abe_Lincoln
Does the second condition mean that if the Devils trade Allen to playoff team the pick still upgrades?

That's what it sounds like to me. I suspect the idea was that if he ends up being New Jersey's #1 goalie and they make the playoffs, they'd be happy to upgrade the pick, but Hughes figured if New Jersey trades him and he does that for somebody else, Montreal shouldn't miss out on the upgrade because of something they had no control over.
Mar. 8 at 11:17 p.m.
Good work by Montreal getting a 3rd for a guy they didn’t need and who I wasn’t sure had positive value. They had to retain salary to do it, but that amount of retention is worth about a 4th so it’s still positive, and they still have one retention slot left next year. It may even turn into a 2nd.

New Jersey didn’t get the goalie they wanted, but you have to take what’s available, and he should be better than what they had. With the retention, they can afford to keep him as a backup if they’re able to land a bigger name in the off season.
RawDeal liked this.
Mar. 9 at 1:14 a.m.
No chance Allen and Kaapo Kak are both one the opening night roster, especially if Fitzgerald wants to be GM moving forward. My guess is that both goalies will be auditioning for the backup role for next season. Devils will bring in a real goalie this summer.
jr400 liked this.
Mar. 9 at 2:08 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The fact Montreal got anything for Allen is amazing

I actually thought this might happen despite Allen being horrendous all year. Hes been very bad, Devils fans. Forget saves above expected. Allen is the king to of the terrible early goal to start the game.
I thought whether putting up an Allen deal in my ACGM was worth it but didn’t think they’d get close to a 2nd rounder (actually probable) while not wanting to deal with Devils fans whom for sure would have flamed the hell out of this proposed trade.
Mar. 9 at 2:14 a.m.
Quoting: Savage27
Hughes has never made a bad trade. Habs would’ve been happy to get rid of Allen for nothing

I’ll always hate the Lehkonen trade despite no one on ACGM knowing how good he was outside Montreal fans in 2022.
Mar. 9 at 2:46 a.m.
sLIM
Quoting: Andy_Dick
I’ll always hate the Lehkonen trade despite no one on ACGM knowing how good he was outside Montreal fans in 2022.

Forgot about that one. Berge did everything to ruin that stud
Mar. 9 at 10:51 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
No chance Allen and Kaapo Kak are both one the opening night roster, especially if Fitzgerald wants to be GM moving forward. My guess is that both goalies will be auditioning for the backup role for next season. Devils will bring in a real goalie this summer.

Kähkönen has been amazing this year+ the team has been garbage fire.... So Kähkönen is easily a 1B option next year if Markström deal is happening during the summer

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit