The new Matthews line is gonna do dmg this playoffs

20 goals for Bertuzzi

And then a few seconds later help Gio on 3rd goal
Apr. 9 at 8:39 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
How has Matthews not scored?

I'm getting 1rst ANA game vibes
Apr. 9 at 9:31 p.m.
I’m actually ****ing annoyed that Bert shot that. How did we not get Matthews out there for the EN
Apr. 9 at 9:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I’m actually ****ing annoyed that Bert shot that. How did we not get Matthews out there for the EN

I kind of understand it from a defensive perspective and a okay lets scramble get him out and potentially make it go from 4-2 to 4-3

I agree he should have been out as then it would probs just be 3 more to 70 lul but at the same time im also happy for Bertuzzi

Were gonna need his confidence to grow more and more especially come playoffs as to me the new Matthews line could really do some dmg as each is clicking rn in their own way
Apr. 9 at 10:44 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Nico Hischier on Auston Matthews in regards to the Selke: "It’s always hard when you score 65 goals to be the best defensive forward, but he definitely deserves to be there”

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/1777784351280754918?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1777784351280754918%7Ctwgr%5Ed4b533deca075bda727f68e3600d50baf0630af0%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F1c03qen%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

It has to be his to lose, no?
Apr. 9 at 10:46 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
That really dont mean much considering how bad Sammy was to start. Its a big hole to climb out from but if he keeps up these strong performances he will be over 0.900. As if both continue on their current trends its not great look for Woll.

Again if we look at the last 20 games Sammy's been the better goalie. Wolls been shaky and for playoffs being less than 2 weeks away not who we need in net rn.

And thats a silly question as we know what he has been since being called back up

An NHL starting goalie and has not looked back.

The real question is who is Woll

The answer = guy with a bright future hopefully but rn is not it. Should not be game 1 starter vs. FLA or BOS

He is the better goalie, looked great tonight once again.
Apr. 9 at 10:48 p.m.
Rip
I mean you cant say that lul

All goalies can be bad for stretches even Woll

He's not been good recently and thats bad.

The NJ game for instance he was bad. He allowed the first shot in and couldnt stop a beachball and NJ had an XGA of 1.85 for the majority of that game.

Your basically wanting Sammy to lose us a series or game rather than route for him to win us a series or heck get us to a cup. Oh hes gonna let in a stinker oh hes gonna blow up and cost us rather than root for him lul. He's already done the impossible once and made one of the biggest turnarounds in the NHL

Not a good look for yah

Sammy lost us the series vs Florida or greatly put us behind
Apr. 9 at 10:51 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 10 at 12:29 a.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
He is the better goalie, looked great tonight once again.

2 goals on 18 shots for a 0.900sv against NJ for Woll vs. 2 goals on 33 shots for a 0.939sv against Pittsburgh for Samsonov how is that better lul.

This was Woll's first decent start in a while and hey didnt allow fist shot to go in but still not over the top considering he didnt face much

Again not better dont know why your so obsessed with that lul. He is not it rn. Has a bright future hopefully but still has a lot of learning to do.

Sammy's the game 1 starter whether yah like it or not. You can doubt him but he's the guy all we can do as fans is support em

He's earned it
Apr. 9 at 10:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 9 at 11:26 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Sammy lost us the series vs Florida or greatly put us behind

What happened last year has no relevence on this year. Cause if it does big 4 going quiet games 1-3 wont be fun lul. Those 4 going quiet till we were down 3-0 was really what cost them

In the end Woll has been struggling recently and should be no where near the starting job rn especially for the playoffs. Had an okay game tonight but still shaky at times and considering all factors his place is the backup rn.

You go with the goalie whose been hot as of late and its been Samsonov

GKsRWhPXIAA4rAh?format=jpg&name=large

He's earned it and thats really all there is to it
Apr. 10 at 12:31 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 10 at 12:39 a.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Nico Hischier on Auston Matthews in regards to the Selke: "It’s always hard when you score 65 goals to be the best defensive forward, but he definitely deserves to be there”

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/1777784351280754918?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1777784351280754918%7Ctwgr%5Ed4b533deca075bda727f68e3600d50baf0630af0%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F1c03qen%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

It has to be his to lose, no?

No I dont think the Selke's his to lose. He's gonna be top 10 (4-10 range) but would be surprised if he's top 3. Often its for players who play strong 2-way games and are on a teams #1 PK unit/are full time PKers

Barkov's probs the 2024 winner

But hey if Matthews finished top from 4-10 in Selke votes thats pretty good. Nothing to be upset about
Apr. 10 at 1:46 a.m.
Robertson first game back and scores

Next year when Bertuzzi walks he's gonna look nice next to Matthews and Domi

He just needs a coach who believes in him. I really hope he's not traded in the off season and if there's a new coach, that means he'll get a shot at being a regular.
Apr. 10 at 2:03 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 10 at 2:09 a.m.
Quoting: oneX
He just needs a coach who believes in him. I really hope he's not traded in the off season and if there's a new coach, that means he'll get a shot at being a regular.

I dont even think its that. I think we have found his role

And come next year it may even be solidified and that is a role similar to Daniel Sprong

MJ said it best during todays game. Daniel Sprong does not get a lot of ice time but is a very effective player. Hes not good defensively but when you use him right he does well

Robertson's very similar and while we may question Keefe his system has worked well with Robertson whose stayed healthy and he's had a pretty good season

Cause him coming in and out if we really think about it is not a bad thing as it shows how deep TOR is rn

They can rotate guys whenever
Apr. 10 at 8:37 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
No I dont think the Selke's his to lose. He's gonna be top 10 (4-10 range) but would be surprised if he's top 3. Often its for players who play strong 2-way games and are on a teams #1 PK unit/are full time PKers

Barkov's probs the 2024 winner

But hey if Matthews finished top from 4-10 in Selke votes thats pretty good. Nothing to be upset about

So, are you saying David Kampf and Connor Dewar have better chances at winning the Selke than Matthews?
Apr. 10 at 10:04 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
How can there even be a discussion or who is going to be the Leaf starting goalie come the playoffs. Gotta be Samsonov.
Who are the top six Dmen is a bigger issue, cause you never know who is at their best for any given game. As of April 10th...I would scratch Edmundson (he's been injured), Brodie and Timmins.
Saskleaf and aadoyle liked this.
Apr. 10 at 10:15 a.m.
Rip
2 goals on 18 shots for a 0.900sv against NJ for Woll vs. 2 goals on 33 shots for a 0.939sv against Pittsburgh for Samsonov how is that better lul.

This was Woll's first decent start in a while and hey didnt allow fist shot to go in but still not over the top considering he didnt face much

Again not better dont know why your so obsessed with that lul. He is not it rn. Has a bright future hopefully but still has a lot of learning to do.

Sammy's the game 1 starter whether yah like it or not. You can doubt him but he's the guy all we can do as fans is support em

He's earned it

So it is Woll's fault the defence allowed an uncontested net front guy on the PK and also his fault a guy was allowed to split the defence and get a break away? You'll die on this hill and when it blows up in your face, you'll have flimsy nonsense as your excuse.
Apr. 10 at 10:17 a.m.
Rip
What happened last year has no relevence on this year. Cause if it does big 4 going quiet games 1-3 wont be fun lul. Those 4 going quiet till we were down 3-0 was really what cost them

In the end Woll has been struggling recently and should be no where near the starting job rn especially for the playoffs. Had an okay game tonight but still shaky at times and considering all factors his place is the backup rn.

You go with the goalie whose been hot as of late and its been Samsonov

GKsRWhPXIAA4rAh?format=jpg&name=large

He's earned it and thats really all there is to it

Last year, earlier this season, his entire career to this point.....none of it matters because a hot streak between his collapses is all you see eh? Woll is the future and he is playing good and better with each game. He's also better and more consistent than Samsonov. More poised, better positionally and doesn't really get rattled like Samsonov does. Sammy isn't leading the team to a cup, Woll is the guy they hope does that for years to come. Starting Sammy is a mistake
Trickster liked this.
Apr. 10 at 12:41 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Is anyone even have Murray as consideration?
oneX liked this.
Apr. 10 at 1:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 10 at 1:11 p.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
So, are you saying David Kampf and Connor Dewar have better chances at winning the Selke than Matthews?

No they wont get votes. Thats just silly

It will be stars like

Barkov, Suzuki, Reinhart, Staal, etc.

Barkovs the fav rn and its no surprise.
Apr. 10 at 1:04 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Trickster
Is anyone even have Murray as consideration?

No he's not played an entire season why would he even be a convo.

He's the #4 at this point
oneX liked this.
Apr. 10 at 1:23 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
No they wont get votes. Thats just silly

It will be stars like

Barkov, Suzuki, Reinhart, Staal, etc.

Barkovs the fav rn and its no surprise.

Obviously, but "should" and "would" are different...

IMO, it "should" be Matthews' to lose
Apr. 10 at 1:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 10 at 2:00 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
How can there even be a discussion or who is going to be the Leaf starting goalie come the playoffs. Gotta be Samsonov.
Who are the top six Dmen is a bigger issue, cause you never know who is at their best for any given game. As of April 10th...I would scratch Edmundson (he's been injured), Brodie and Timmins.

Idk lul

Just some random argument came about for no reason of Woll should be starter over Samsonov despite Woll struggling and Sammy thriving lul.

I get it as he's young and has the potential for a bright future. But the argument he's better rn or despite his struggles should be the starter game 1 is just silly

He had a descent start last night nothing special but hey better than his others where it was first shot in RIP lul. He's shown flashes but also shown he aint it

But yea Sammy's starter game 1, he's earned it whether some like it or not. 18-3-1 since January 31, so we as fans got to route for him to go on a long run and not be negative nancies "oh hes gonna fail lul" you just want us to lose dont ya

I think I have a feeling I know the 6 but I am waiting on Liligren before going full on with it. I think its gonna be a little bit unexpected

Edmundson's coming back this week per Keef so its gonna make things very interesting (Either Thursday vs. NJ or Saturday vs. Det)
Apr. 10 at 2:19 p.m.
No he's not played an entire season why would he even be a convo.

He's the #4 at this point

Let's say one of Samsonov or Woll get injured and the other isn't very good....what's your plan?

Mine would be to give Murray a start. Can always go to Jones afterwards if required but the main point is Murray is finally healthy after not addressing his health issues for a few years. Also considering Murray's playoff history, he isn't a bad option.
Apr. 10 at 2:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 10 at 6:19 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
Let's say one of Samsonov or Woll get injured and the other isn't very good....what's your plan?

Mine would be to give Murray a start. Can always go to Jones afterwards if required but the main point is Murray is finally healthy after not addressing his health issues for a few years. Also considering Murray's playoff history, he isn't a bad option.

I mean Jones playoff numbers really aint bad

32-27-0 2.36gaa and a .917sv

If either got hurt or underperformed would be fine with Jones backing up/starting if absolutely needed

Murray should be #4 reserves lets just hope it dont get bad enough to where we may actually have to use him lul
oneX liked this.
Apr. 10 at 3:29 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Well. RIP Arizona. This was overdue
Saskleaf, aadoyle, oneX and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll