Apr. 12 at 2:20 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
HNIC April 13. 2024

Keep an eye on the TV people

We may witness History
Apr. 12 at 8:56 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: aadoyle
I kind of feel Domi didnt really have to do what he did as looking at the replay Matthews smacked the **** out of Nemec

But hey its also good to show u support eachother

This game's a nothing game for Toronto... If they win, they'll stay in the same spot, if they lose, the exact same thing...

Gotta show that your franchise, and best player by far, won't be pushed around... Someone's gotta step in and if that's Domi, that's Domi
Apr. 12 at 8:57 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Woll, your turn to try and take the net back...

Not being pushed on Sammy, he got beat a few times where it was just nice shots... But still
RipNasty liked this.
Apr. 12 at 10:31 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: Leafsfan98
This game's a nothing game for Toronto... If they win, they'll stay in the same spot, if they lose, the exact same thing...

Gotta show that your franchise, and best player by far, won't be pushed around... Someone's gotta step in and if that's Domi, that's Domi

Considering winning out would have meant 2nd place for sure,
Woll, your turn to try and take the net back...

Not being pushed on Sammy, he got beat a few times where it was just nice shots... But still

Woll should be the guy, we know what Sammy is in the playoffs, it's an adventure, might be good might be terrible but over enough games you'll see both and you can't afford terrible in the playoffs. Woll is the future, give him the net now.
Apr. 12 at 10:40 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: RipNasty
Considering winning out would have meant 2nd place for sure,

Woll should be the guy, we know what Sammy is in the playoffs, it's an adventure, might be good might be terrible but over enough games you'll see both and you can't afford terrible in the playoffs. Woll is the future, give him the net now.

It wouldn't have though, they'd still be a point back of FLO

If Woll takes it, it should be his but lately, Sammy's taken it... Woll should have a chance G80 and 81
Apr. 12 at 10:44 a.m.
Rip
It wouldn't have though, they'd still be a point back of FLO

If Woll takes it, it should be his but lately, Sammy's taken it... Woll should have a chance G80 and 81

They had a chance to win out and finish 2nd but now they need Florida to lose another game.
Apr. 12 at 12:04 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I know Nic Hague and Zach Whitecloud are the two defensemen out of Vegas that people look at, but I can't see either of them being moved. One guy I would take a look at is Kaedan Korczak, a big and mean RHD who is only 23 years old. He loses his waiver exemption this upcoming season and there is no discernable role for him on that blue line. I'd be all over him if he became available, checks a lot of boxes for us and will likely need to be moved out of necessity.

I wonder if we send off a guy like Jarnkrok for Korczak, the team has been just fine without him and his presence impedes our ability to address the blue line in a meaningful way. Just something to think about
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 12 at 12:16 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
They had a chance to win out and finish 2nd but now they need Florida to lose another game.

They suck at home though... So it's kind of a blessing in disguise
RipNasty liked this.
Apr. 12 at 12:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Actually if they won they could have pushed for second. SN announcers were talking about it during the game. Still can happen but odds be less

In this case one could argue just no need to do it as removing himself from top line that has been smashing opponents just hurts the team more than helps. He got 17mins in penalty mins and in a playoff series that can be a killer.
Apr. 12 at 12:36 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 12 at 1:11 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I know Nic Hague and Zach Whitecloud are the two defensemen out of Vegas that people look at, but I can't see either of them being moved. One guy I would take a look at is Kaedan Korczak, a big and mean RHD who is only 23 years old. He loses his waiver exemption this upcoming season and there is no discernable role for him on that blue line. I'd be all over him if he became available, checks a lot of boxes for us and will likely need to be moved out of necessity.

I wonder if we send off a guy like Jarnkrok for Korczak, the team has been just fine without him and his presence impedes our ability to address the blue line in a meaningful way. Just something to think about

If VGK wants to keep Marchessault they kind of have to move one of them

And Whitecloud's replacement's already in the system and is NHL ready. If anything moving Whitecloud and keeping Kaedan Korczak is the smarter move as he will cost less is a capable 3rd pair guy rn.

As why keep a 27 year old making 2.75m when u got a 23 year old doing the same job and should only cost 1-1.5m

TOR should call and buy low on Whitecloud. 3rd in 2026 makes sense

And VGK going and spending more for Jarnkrok than what Korczak would cost makes 0 sense
Apr. 12 at 1:30 p.m.
Rip
They suck at home though... So it's kind of a blessing in disguise

Yeah that's not lost on me. Florida does have an easier route to home ice anyways.
Apr. 12 at 1:43 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Yeah that's not lost on me. Florida does have an easier route to home ice anyways.

And... Florida's bad at home and good on the road... So it works both ways
Apr. 12 at 2:00 p.m.
For the remaining games I'd start Woll vs Detroit and Florida and Sammy vs Tampa.

As of right now, for me Sammy is the game 1 starter but of course the leash is going to be short.

None of these goalies have shown they can steal games or series so...my expectations for goaltending is to keep the team in the game, nothing more, nothing less.
Trickster and Leafsfan98 liked this.
Apr. 12 at 2:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 12 at 2:29 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
For the remaining games I'd start Woll vs Detroit and Florida and Sammy vs Tampa.

As of right now, for me Sammy is the game 1 starter but of course the leash is going to be short.

None of these goalies have shown they can steal games or series so...my expectations for goaltending is to keep the team in the game, nothing more, nothing less.

Why would u start Sammy vs. TBL when TBL and specifically Kucherov has had his number

Sammy should get DET, Woll TBL, and Jones FLA to just allow for no injuries

Also thats a pretty ignorant statement none of the goalies have stolen games

Did you forget the WPG game

Sammy stole that and thats when we knew he was back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJoIIr_pPQc&ab_channel=SPORTSNET

Still remember him stopping 4 shots on a 2-0 and Keefe benching the big 4. And look at the shots 13mins through the 2nd....

Game 6 vs. TBL last year also robbed them a few times before JT won them the series

Woll also has some moments here and there before the injury. Not full on steals but close
oneX liked this.
Apr. 12 at 2:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 12 at 5:01 p.m.
Special teams are something that are gonna be the big talk rn and in these next 3 games we need to see some progress

So far in April 2 goals on 16 opportunities and whats the big concern is in February they had 28 opportunities and converted on 14 of them, then in March 44 opportunities and converted on 4 of them

With this teams struggle to draw a lot of PP's need to be able to convert on the one's we get. Yes despite having Matthews, Marner, JT, Nylander this seems to happen to often

Cause in the playoffs were gonna need everything clicking and if our PP or PK cant get it done were toast
oneX liked this.
Apr. 12 at 3:57 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: oneX

I would say that is very untrue. Both Sammy and Woll can steal games, both have done so this season on multiple occasions. What's more important those is for our goalies to not lose us games. Samsonov definitely does that at times. And has a history of it. This season he had a month straight of blowing games. Woll's problem was health related. Got unlucky with a sprained ankle and has worked himself back into game shape. He should be the starter for sure. So long as the leafs play well in front of Woll he's very unlikely to hurt us. Likely wins us some games. Sammy can do that as well but we know by now that he's also going to have moments where he loses focus and it will cost us. I just wouldn't take the risk. He flops all over the place making athletic saves but sometimes it burns him and it's harder to play with a guy like vs a poised positional guy. Start Woll
oneX liked this.
Apr. 12 at 4:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: LeafsForLife
The refs screwed up there. Nemec was a willing participant because he was trying to fight Matthews. Even if you forgive their misjudgement in handing out instigator penalties, they gave Domi an extra 10 for no reason and Nemec gets off unscathed

A little of topic But why did Reilly get a five game for high sticking an Ottawa player after the game was over. Then Brady Tkachuk goes after player who shoots the puck in the empty Ottawa after the game was over ....no suspension.
LeafsForLife and Leafsfan98 liked this.
Apr. 12 at 5:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal
A little of topic But why did Reilly get a five game for high sticking an Ottawa player after the game was over. Then Brady Tkachuk goes after player who shoots the puck in the empty Ottawa after the game was over ....no suspension.

Refs got in the way of Brady before he could do dmg to Hischer while for Rielly he smacked em before they got in there

If Refs were just a second later probs 5 games for Brady
palhal liked this.
Apr. 12 at 6:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 12 at 6:52 p.m.
https://twitter.com/ProducerDrew_/status/1778829335643721832?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

We saw favoritism fist hand when TOR faced Pitt especially with Crosby

But this also puts into perspective when we dont convert on said PP's
Apr. 12 at 7:16 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: aadoyle
Why would u start Sammy vs. TBL when TBL and specifically Kucherov has had his number

Sammy should get DET, Woll TBL, and Jones FLA to just allow for no injuries

Also thats a pretty ignorant statement none of the goalies have stolen games

Did you forget the WPG game

Sammy stole that and thats when we knew he was back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJoIIr_pPQc&ab_channel=SPORTSNET

Still remember him stopping 4 shots on a 2-0 and Keefe benching the big 4. And look at the shots 13mins through the 2nd....

Game 6 vs. TBL last year also robbed them a few times before JT won them the series

Woll also has some moments here and there before the injury. Not full on steals but close

I would never rely on Samsonov to steal a game, if anything he is more likely to be the cause of loss.

Samsonov play last night was a joke, he does not get a pass because it is that close to playoff time, .
That type of play gave him pass early on, the time for it now is over.

I'd rather take a chance on Woll simply because betting him now will pay dividends in the future.

I think it's funny that you constantly tote Samsonov's horn but are afraid to play him VS Tampa, yeah that the thinking that get us to succeed in the plays... playing afraid.
oneX liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll