$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 26 at 2:47 p.m.
not a he )
Not sure Toronto needs a softer blueline, nor does Columbus need more mid-prospects, but sure. It frees up a spot for Jiricek.
dopplsan liked this.
Mar. 26 at 2:49 p.m.
No interest in eating that Kampf for TOR. He's not terrible...but that's not a good contract, so shouldn't pay to take it on.
Mar. 26 at 2:54 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: NJDevils1317
No interest in eating that Kampf for TOR. He's not terrible...but that's not a good contract, so shouldn't pay to take it on.

It's barely a pay and the contract is not terrible it is also a small overpay. 500 000 to 750 000 overpay for two more years and with the salary cap going up, I can see a team trading a minimal low round future pick for. Maybe not the devil's but some team would for the depth.
Mar. 26 at 2:56 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: hockeynutter
It's barely a pay and the contract is not terrible it is also a small overpay. 500 000 to 750 000 overpay for two more years and with the salary cap going up, I can see a team trading a minimal low round future pick for. Maybe not the devil's but some team would for the depth.

Overpaid by 750k=you are paying us not the other way around
NJDevils1317 liked this.
Mar. 26 at 2:58 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: squashmaple
Not sure Toronto needs a softer blueline, nor does Columbus need more mid-prospects, but sure. It frees up a spot for Jiricek.

The big draw here is Robertson. He is still worth a second round pick by many insiders. His 5v5 results in limited time for offense actually mirror the leafs stars. He struggles defensively still and rarely plays with the man advantage. He has great speed and an elite shot that a team willing to give him a chance to easily get a top 6 forward. Right now he can be a good of not better 3rd line forward for many teams. This to get us a defenseman that many believe of he can stay healthy still has top pairing potential if not than top 4. Yes big if on remaining healthy and playing enough but we have a limited amount of defensive prospects but a few good forwards in Cowan, minten tverberg etc....

Also blueliner is not softer as we still have Benoit, McCabe edmundson and Roy is not a soft player either. We need more than bruisers, we need defensemen who can move the puck as well as at the moment we only have Reilly and Liljegren.
Mar. 26 at 3:05 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: dgibb10
Overpaid by 750k=you are paying us not the other way around

Again with the salary cap going up by 4-5 million this year and is predicted to next year by a similar amount. A team somewhere will be willing to downgrade a lower round pick that gives a 2-3% chance of an NHL player for a still good defensive 4th line forward that is easily affordable for many teams with the salary cap up. You also forget that the sharks and the hawks are trying to reach the cap floor that also goes up as the salary cap goes up. So if not the devil's, there will be a team somewhere. Also many insiders feel a player like Kampf could still fetch a straight 5-6 round pick in the future without a pick coming bay. Name the amount of 8-15 goal scorers that play a very responsible defensive game still playing the NHL that was drafted in the 5-7 rounds. Better yet, name the one player better in the same rounds.
Mar. 26 at 3:10 p.m.
Again with the salary cap going up by 4-5 million this year and is predicted to next year by a similar amount. A team somewhere will be willing to downgrade a lower round pick that gives a 2-3% chance of an NHL player for a still good defensive 4th line forward that is easily affordable for many teams with the salary cap up. You also forget that the sharks and the hawks are trying to reach the cap floor that also goes up as the salary cap goes up. So if not the devil's, there will be a team somewhere. Also many insiders feel a player like Kampf could still fetch a straight 5-6 round pick in the future without a pick coming bay. Name the amount of 8-15 goal scorers that play a very responsible defensive game still playing the NHL that was drafted in the 5-7 rounds. Better yet, name the one player better in the same rounds.

TOR still could use the cap room. Not doing them a favor there. Who cares about guys drafted in that spot with the pick...it is that TOR needs to move him based on your roster here and having 600K left over with just one spare forward.
Mar. 26 at 3:10 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

Drafted players don’t cost 2.4 mill a year.

The fact is that any team can go out and get a better or equal player than Kampf in UFA for less money without giving up.

Trenin, Duhaime, Lafferty, etc etc will all be available cheaper as UFAs.
Mar. 26 at 3:12 p.m.
There's no incentive for Winnipeg to get older and not improve.
Mar. 26 at 3:16 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: NJDevils1317
TOR still could use the cap room. Not doing them a favor there. Who cares about guys drafted in that spot with the pick...it is that TOR needs to move him based on your roster here and having 600K left over with just one spare forward.

At that point if what you are saying is true we could keep Kampf and forgo the Boqvist trade or go for another blueliner who makes a little less than him and then not worry about clearing the cap space. The Boqvist trade is a minor risky trade that to be honest increases our cap my 1.5 million if you compare Boqvist vs Timmins. So if no team would be willing to get Kampf then I would not trade for Boqvist and problem solved at this moment in times Boqvist is not that much better than Timmins to want to feel a pinch. It's an easy solve as my move were not based on needing to clear salary but more on changing our lineup in a different way. As a GM that all I need to tell the other GM is tonight ****. I am not looking to trade him for salary cutting reasons but changes and see if he can benefit another team. No one wants it than big deal. I'll deal with the extra 775000 by going with 20 players instead of 23 because wait a minute, we have been operating like that for the past 3+ years.
Mar. 26 at 3:17 p.m.
not a he )
The big draw here is Robertson. He is still worth a second round pick by many insiders. His 5v5 results in limited time for offense actually mirror the leafs stars. He struggles defensively still and rarely plays with the man advantage. He has great speed and an elite shot that a team willing to give him a chance to easily get a top 6 forward. Right now he can be a good of not better 3rd line forward for many teams. This to get us a defenseman that many believe of he can stay healthy still has top pairing potential if not than top 4. Yes big if on remaining healthy and playing enough but we have a limited amount of defensive prospects but a few good forwards in Cowan, minten tverberg etc....

Also blueliner is not softer as we still have Benoit, McCabe edmundson and Roy is not a soft player either. We need more than bruisers, we need defensemen who can move the puck as well as at the moment we only have Reilly and Liljegren.

Moving Boqvist is absolutely of interest to Columbus, but neither Robertson nor Lajoie really is. Columbus already has at least two small middle-six wing prospects in Dumais and Brindley, and no clear spots for them on the Columbus roster as it is with the emergence of the Russians (and with Johnson and Laine back next season). An AHL left D is even less interesting. I know your whole point is not moving picks, but Columbus would be more interested in picks for Boqvist than bodies.
Mar. 26 at 3:20 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Drafted players don’t cost 2.4 mill a year.

The fact is that any team can go out and get a better or equal player than Kampf in UFA for less money without giving up.

Trenin, Duhaime, Lafferty, etc etc will all be available cheaper as UFAs.

Lafferty has his problems defensively. He is not trusted as much on the the penalty kill. And also you named 3 players for 32 teams. Also to I am not trading him for salary reasons. If I can't get a taker for him I'll gladly keep him because guess what my roster has 21 players. I'll send one player to the minors when the team has been operating with 20 roster for hw beginning of the year for many years. It's not difficult. I can even cancel one of the more minor trades ie Boqvist think I would trade for Boqvist if all team want me to give them a 3 round pick when I have none to take Kampf. Yep okay.
Mar. 26 at 3:22 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Moving Boqvist is absolutely of interest to Columbus, but neither Robertson nor Lajoie really is. Columbus already has at least two small middle-six wing prospects in Dumais and Brindley, and no clear spots for them on the Columbus roster as it is with the emergence of the Russians (and with Johnson and Laine back next season). An AHL left D is even less interesting. I know your whole point is not moving picks, but Columbus would be more interested in picks for Boqvist than bodies.

Maybe they would. But that would be on the new GM. Lately they have been more interested in trying to improve immediately, and the new GM may want to do similar with their prospects pool and current roster. If the new GM really wants picks, it then probably would not work out for us because I can't justify trading a first for him at the moment.
Mar. 26 at 3:29 p.m.

The big draw in your trade is the unlisted draft pick. The mid prospects dont have much value to us. I wouldnt give a 3rd for Robertson, so if yall can find a team to give up a 2nd you should take it and run.
squashmaple liked this.
Mar. 26 at 3:31 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Lafferty has his problems defensively. He is not trusted as much on the the penalty kill. And also you named 3 players for 32 teams. Also to I am not trading him for salary reasons. If I can't get a taker for him I'll gladly keep him because guess what my roster has 21 players. I'll send one player to the minors when the team has been operating with 20 roster for hw beginning of the year for many years. It's not difficult. I can even cancel one of the more minor trades ie Boqvist think I would trade for Boqvist if all team want me to give them a 3 round pick when I have none to take Kampf. Yep okay.

Once again, you have admitted yourself that Kampf isn't worth his contract. If even leafs fans don't think he's worth his contract, why would another team pay to take on said bad contract?
squashmaple liked this.
Mar. 26 at 3:33 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Quoting: BoomerTheHero
The big draw in your trade is the unlisted draft pick. The mid prospects dont have much value to us. I wouldnt give a 3rd for Robertson, so if yall can find a team to give up a 2nd you should take it and run.

According to insiders some teams offered a 2nd for Robertson but Treliving was not wanting picks but an ability to add a more impactful player even if combined with a pick. Most teams wanted a little more and no the impact players were not mentioned. Probably not Tanev as the reported offer was a 1st round pick only.

They said Treliving may still look into Robertson and may consider a 2nd round pick in the off-season but that depends on his play down the stretch and playoffs as well as available players over the off-season.
squashmaple liked this.
Mar. 26 at 3:36 p.m.
not a he )
Maybe they would. But that would be on the new GM. Lately they have been more interested in trying to improve immediately, and the new GM may want to do similar with their prospects pool and current roster. If the new GM really wants picks, it then probably would not work out for us because I can't justify trading a first for him at the moment.

I just can't see a new GM making the same panic-mode moves Jarmo was when his job was clearly on the line, but sure. Even so, this isn't an upgrade on existing pieces in what is already a very strong pool.
Mar. 26 at 3:37 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Once again, you have admitted yourself that Kampf isn't worth his contract. If even leafs fans don't think he's worth his contract, why would another team pay to take on said bad contract?

I always admitted he is a slight overpay, but to pay to trade a slight overpay when many many other players are traded for *future consideration with a much larger contract ie Brent burns. Really? Especially when the cap is going up my 7-10 million over the next two years? Can you really tell me than Treliving would be willing to pay more to rid of an overpay of about 500 000 to 750 000 when Brent burns got future considerations for a massively higher contract. Also karlsson despite many stating he is overpaid still got a 1st round pick.
Mar. 26 at 3:39 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
I just can't see a new GM making the same panic-mode moves Jarmo was when his job was clearly on the line, but sure. Even so, this isn't an upgrade on existing pieces in what is already a very strong pool.

Feels like it's not an upgrade but those are less proven. This is all variable as all GMs has a different idea on value of their prospects and the team. More proven plays are often viewed as more important but that being said I am not arguing the fact that the new GM would rather look to rebuild and allow the current prospects a chance. It is entirely possible.
Mar. 26 at 3:43 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I always admitted he is a slight overpay, but to pay to trade a slight overpay when many many other players are traded for *future consideration with a much larger contract ie Brent burns. Really? Especially when the cap is going up my 7-10 million over the next two years? Can you really tell me than Treliving would be willing to pay more to rid of an overpay of about 500 000 to 750 000 when Brent burns got future considerations for a massively higher contract. Also karlsson despite many stating he is overpaid still got a 1st round pick.

The sharks retained a significant portion of Burns contract.

The Karlsson trade included SIGNIFICANT cap dumps in Petry and Granlund sent out which were paid for. And again, retention.

And both of those players were quality hockey players. You can't go into UFA and find an Erik Karlsson or a Brent Burns.

You can very easily go find a David Kampf
Mar. 26 at 3:48 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
The sharks retained a significant portion of Burns contract.

The Karlsson trade included SIGNIFICANT cap dumps in Petry and Granlund sent out which were paid for. And again, retention.

And both of those players were quality hockey players. You can't go into UFA and find an Erik Karlsson or a Brent Burns.

You can very easily go find a David Kampf

Yes both were quality hockey players but guess what no one here is arguing that Kampf belongs in the AHL. All are saying he is a good 4th line center so to pay for trade when he is barely an overpay does not make sense. At the very worst, you are looking at adding a 7 round round in a future year for future considerations. That is my point. There is no need to pay to trade Kampf when his contract is not terribly bad.
Mar. 26 at 3:53 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yes both were quality hockey players but guess what no one here is arguing that Kampf belongs in the AHL. All are saying he is a good 4th line center so to pay for trade when he is barely an overpay does not make sense. At the very worst, you are looking at adding a 7 round round in a future year for future considerations. That is my point. There is no need to pay to trade Kampf when his contract is not terribly bad.

Or you could fill that role cheaper and better in another way?
Mar. 26 at 3:59 p.m.
Avid Sports Fan
Or you could fill that role cheaper and better in another way?

But depth is depth and with a salary increasing he can be buried etc... Reaves is the perfect example, if you bury him, you are only paying 200 000 for he cap. So to pay for him to go does not make sense. He gives us a good 4th line player slightly overpaid but way more trustworthy on the penalty over 90% of the other players coming up on the kill.
The biggest issue witt him on he kill is the faceoff. Why if I can give an idea, I would say start Matthews. And once cleared send him out as he likely everything down to kill that penalty.
Mar. 26 at 4:16 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
But depth is depth and with a salary increasing he can be buried etc... Reaves is the perfect example, if you bury him, you are only paying 200 000 for he cap. So to pay for him to go does not make sense. He gives us a good 4th line player slightly overpaid but way more trustworthy on the penalty over 90% of the other players coming up on the kill.
The biggest issue witt him on he kill is the faceoff. Why if I can give an idea, I would say start Matthews. And once cleared send him out as he likely everything down to kill that penalty.

You can’t bury 2.4 million dollars.
Mar. 26 at 5:07 p.m.
mostly harmless

I would think/hope we could get a little better than that for Boqvist. That's basically giving him away for a pick three years from now.

EDIT: well, okay, it depends on what round the pick is in, to be sure. Something in my head double-recorded "2027" as "2027 and 7th round" so I flinched.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll