Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
UFA
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW
RFA
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$2,665,000$2,665,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,200,000$5,200,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA
$975,000$975,000
RD
UFA - 2
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 2 at 12:33 p.m.
First round bust
No thanks from CGY. We already have our 40P #3C in Backlund making $4.5M for the next 2 years.

Otherwise we'll be looking for picks and prospects if we trade Andersson, because our top 4 is paper thin.

I also think that Lindholm will get at least Cirelli money. Likely 7 x 7
MyTeamsSuck and MoxNix liked this.
May 2 at 12:51 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Vasilevskiy says F***you when asked to waive full NMC!
Why the heck would they trade 7 years of Cirelli for 2 of Anderson? Moronic! Zero interest in a runt defenseman so easy pass on Aho. Lilleberg is better anyway.
Since they didn't trade Vasy ned isn't signed. TB is definitely resigning Chaffee.
Maniaked liked this.
May 2 at 1:20 p.m.
R.I.P Yotes
Cirelli… for Andersson… straight up? That trade never gets done in a million years. Why would we need Cirelli?
MoxNix liked this.
May 2 at 1:42 p.m.
This is controversial because it would be stupid as hell. If we ever trade Vasi, it's because we are rebuilding. Why would we trade our franchise goalie and still try to compete with someone like Nedeljkovic?
May 2 at 1:43 p.m.
Quoting: MyTeamsSuck
Cirelli… for Andersson… straight up? That trade never gets done in a million years. Why would we need Cirelli?

I agree. Also would be stupid to trade someone like Cirelli if you're Tampa.
May 2 at 2:15 p.m.
Quoting: Maniaked
I agree. Also would be stupid to trade someone like Cirelli if you're Tampa.

It's actually not though, provided Tampa can acquire a top 4 RD with some term for him or with the assets acquired in the trade. Tampa isn't winning another Cup with the defense as is. While Cirelli is great in his role, Tampa has the center depth to absorb losing him. A package deal involving Cirelli for Anderson would give Tampa a very good top 4 again and make it so that Crozier or even worse, Perbix, wouldn't have to log heavy minutes. Tampa can likely add a cheaper depth dman without moving someone like Cirelli, but they won't have the impact a true top 4 d would.
May 2 at 2:34 p.m.
I don’t think I have ever seen a Vasilevskiy trade on ACGM.
dgibb10 liked this.
May 2 at 5:25 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
It's actually not though, provided Tampa can acquire a top 4 RD with some term for him or with the assets acquired in the trade. Tampa isn't winning another Cup with the defense as is. While Cirelli is great in his role, Tampa has the center depth to absorb losing him. A package deal involving Cirelli for Anderson would give Tampa a very good top 4 again and make it so that Crozier or even worse, Perbix, wouldn't have to log heavy minutes. Tampa can likely add a cheaper depth dman without moving someone like Cirelli, but they won't have the impact a true top 4 d would.

I agree that a top4 D is crucial but Cirelli provides great defense and good depth scoring. We can't afford of losing him either. We have nobody else that would be good on that second line. I rather trade Paul for someone like Fabbro. Paul is replacable while Cirelli is not.
May 2 at 6:47 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Vasilevsky is a legendary goalie. But he makes 9.5 mill a year coming off a down year heading into his 30s. I'd prefer NJD to not pay for what guys have done rather than what they'll do in the future.
May 2 at 6:57 p.m.
I agree that a top4 D is crucial but Cirelli provides great defense and good depth scoring. We can't afford of losing him either. We have nobody else that would be good on that second line. I rather trade Paul for someone like Fabbro. Paul is replacable while Cirelli is not.

Paul is a great 3C, but as long as Stamkos stays, he can play 2C again without an issue. Moving Paul for an upgrade at 3RD makes Cirelli have to play 3C and Stamkos 2C anyway, as there's no one else to then play 3C. Tampa can also likely be able to.spend around 2.5 in ufa on a 3RD upgrade, so there's no reason to move Paul for one. If Cirelli could be used for a dman that is a true top 4 that can give the team some semblance of what they had on the blueline a few years ago and pkssibly save them enough space to add a solid F in addition to Duclair, I believe JBB would at least consider it.
May 2 at 7:09 p.m.
Paul is a great 3C, but as long as Stamkos stays, he can play 2C again without an issue. Moving Paul for an upgrade at 3RD makes Cirelli have to play 3C and Stamkos 2C anyway, as there's no one else to then play 3C. Tampa can also likely be able to.spend around 2.5 in ufa on a 3RD upgrade, so there's no reason to move Paul for one. If Cirelli could be used for a dman that is a true top 4 that can give the team some semblance of what they had on the blueline a few years ago and pkssibly save them enough space to add a solid F in addition to Duclair, I believe JBB would at least consider it.

Our defense is not our only problem, depth scoring as been an issue all year. Losing Cirelli really hurts that. Losing him would also hurt our defense because he is so good defensively. Cirelli is a huge part of one of the best PK in the league. Sure we desperately need a top 4 defenceman but giving up Cirelli would not make our team better.
May 2 at 8:51 p.m.
Our defense is not our only problem, depth scoring as been an issue all year. Losing Cirelli really hurts that. Losing him would also hurt our defense because he is so good defensively. Cirelli is a huge part of one of the best PK in the league. Sure we desperately need a top 4 defenceman but giving up Cirelli would not make our team better.

The defense is by far, the main problem. Tampa's ga/g has gone from 2.86 to 3.07 to 3.26 the last 3 seasons, while.gf/g has stayed pretty constant, 3.48, 3.41, 3.51. Yes, depth scoring was an issue, but trading Cirelli for say Anderson not only adds an upgrade on defense and some scoring to help replace Cirwlli, but would also allow the team to add another decent ufa F in addition to Duclair. Someone like Sprong, Foegle, Joshua, etc could potentially be acquired with additional cap space in this scenario. It's unlikely as Tampa seems committed to Cirelli, but it does not downgrade the team in theory.
May 2 at 9:10 p.m.
The defense is by far, the main problem. Tampa's ga/g has gone from 2.86 to 3.07 to 3.26 the last 3 seasons, while.gf/g has stayed pretty constant, 3.48, 3.41, 3.51. Yes, depth scoring was an issue, but trading Cirelli for say Anderson not only adds an upgrade on defense and some scoring to help replace Cirwlli, but would also allow the team to add another decent ufa F in addition to Duclair. Someone like Sprong, Foegle, Joshua, etc could potentially be acquired with additional cap space in this scenario. It's unlikely as Tampa seems committed to Cirelli, but it does not downgrade the team in theory.

We have a good center depth because of Cirelli. Stamkos does not play at center anymore because he lacks defensively, Paul is good as a 3rd line center, but I can't really see him higher. Also, Cirelli has great term on his contract, trading him for Andersson who has 2 years left makes no sens. We also have Sergachev coming back, this will be a big improvement on the defence. The defence is still an issue, but we don't need to create a center issue to fix it.
Boltsradynasty liked this.
May 2 at 9:39 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I don’t think I have ever seen a Vasilevskiy trade on ACGM.

He gets troll traded once in a while this at least isn't close to the worst offer
May 2 at 10:09 p.m.
We have a good center depth because of Cirelli. Stamkos does not play at center anymore because he lacks defensively, Paul is good as a 3rd line center, but I can't really see him higher. Also, Cirelli has great term on his contract, trading him for Andersson who has 2 years left makes no sens. We also have Sergachev coming back, this will be a big improvement on the defence. The defence is still an issue, but we don't need to create a center issue to fix it.

Yes, because Sergachev is great on defense...Serg coming back isn't fixing any deficiencies in their own end, as he still makes far too many dumb mistakes to be paid what he's paid. He brings a good amount of offense, but since he won't be on PP1, it even somewhat limits that ceiling.

As far as term, by the time Anderson would be due a new deal, the cap is going to.likely be near 100 million, so extending him wouldn't be the issue. Again, Tampa can roll.a very good center package of Point-Stamkos-Paul, and if they really felt Stamkos couldn't play 2C, they could focus on adding another 2C/3C tweener with the cap savings to play with Hagel and Stamkos.

If Tampa's management thinks they are winning a Cup with a right side of Cernak, Raddysh, and Perbix, they're smoking some good stuff. The best dman they can probabaly afford with the space they'd have might be Chatfield if he makes it to ufa. Carrier would also be excellent, but since Tampa's staff is incapable of thinking a dman under 6' and 200 pounds can be effective, he's likely out.

Ultimately, while Cirelli does play good defense, Tampa's overall team defense is in decline. The last time Tampa won a Cup they had an amazing defensive top 4, and the only way they are going to be able to get another is by letting Stamkos walk, trading a larger F contract, or sacrificing at another top 6 F position(the Duclair or similar player spot(), to then use it towards a ufa dman like Roy, Walker, DeMelo etc. Tampa is going to have a perceived deficiency somewhere in the lineup next year, there's no way around that. They have depth at C and absolutely none at RD. It would suck to lose Cirelli, but for a real top.4 dman, either acquired through the trade, with the assets from the trade, or with the cap space gained to.sign.a ufa, Cirelli is easily the most valuable and, positionally speaking, the most logical choice to move.
vbolshakov liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll