MTL
  1. 2024 1st round pick (CHI)
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (VAN)
CHI
  1. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
  2. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
  3. 2025 1st round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
* Reminder that if the CGY pick is top 10 next year (wich is very likely to happen) we get Florida's pick (so not top 20, probably not top 25).
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$75,057,916$1,170,000$3,920,000$8,442,084
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
LD
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 10 at 11:04 a.m.
Hawks like Demidov just as much as you, so would you do this deal?
ginandtacos and Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 10 at 11:09 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
best case scenario is if panthers win the cup this year and then have a bunch of their players have a SC hangover and miss the playoffs next season : D
May 10 at 11:35 a.m.
Yall gotta Chill
Quoting: ChiHawk

I'm not going to criticize the trade itself, but look at it and wonder why.

I'm thinking that this would go through only if CHI want a defenseman and accept to pass on another forward, even if it's Demidov. They may want to increase their blue line skills in order to set Bedard's future team and ensure a better set of defensive players, hence pick one of the many that will still be there at 5th. On that note, they may comeback and ask for Barron, Harris, Kovacevic, Struble OR Mailloux to be added to the deal, but they would remove one of the WIN or CGY picks to replace it with one of these players. Also, depending on which player it is, HABS may remove one of those first, but provide a 2nd or 3rd instead.
May 10 at 11:37 a.m.
Quoting: WhoCares_ItsAFantasyGame

I'm thinking that this would go through only if CHI want a defenseman and accept to pass on another forward, even if it's Demidov. They may want to increase their blue line skills in order to set Bedard's future team and ensure a better set of defensive players, hence pick one of the many that will still be there at 5th. On that note, they may comeback and ask for Barron, Harris, Kovacevic, Struble OR Mailloux to be added to the deal, but they would remove one of the WIN or CGY picks to replace it with one of these players. Also, depending on which player it is, HABS may remove one of those first, but provide a 2nd or 3rd instead.

If the Hawks wanted a defenseman, they would just take Levshunov at 2, they're not going to trade down and risk him not being there at 5. Either way, Davidson is going to draft his guy. It's going to take a massive overpay to get him out of 2.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 10 at 11:38 a.m.

Do we know that the team is sold on him? Honest question, haven't seen anything definitive yet.

I agree that trading down for quantity isn't likely to be the move for CHI now. The prospect pipeline has a lot of bodies in it, they won't all pan out but at this point it makes more sense to aim for elite talent rather than more bodies.
May 10 at 11:39 a.m.

The only hole the Hawks have on defense is a legit top line RHD guy. The LHD side is locked and loaded and on the right they have a very solid top 4 prospect in Rinzel. So regarding defense, it's basically Levshunov or bust early in the first round. That said, they are likely more concerned with getting Bedard help up front to maximize his potential. They are weak at RW in terms of young players or prospects, and frankly, notably weaker in the top 6 compared with defense overall. Nazar, Moore, Bedard, Reichel, Kurashev appear to be their only shots at top 6 in terms of young players/prospects at this point. Not every player will make the top and there may be some outliers that aren't mentioned that over-exceed their expectations but all are lefties except Nazar who's a natural center, so RW is a big problem and bigger I would argue than RHD.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 10 at 11:45 a.m.
Quoting: ginandtacos
Do we know that the team is sold on him? Honest question, haven't seen anything definitive yet.

I agree that trading down for quantity isn't likely to be the move for CHI now. The prospect pipeline has a lot of bodies in it, they won't all pan out but at this point it makes more sense to aim for elite talent rather than more bodies.

Rumors are between Levshunov and Demidov, but who really knows. What is certain is that Demidov has just as high, if not higher, of a ceiling as Celebrini and would be a half step behind Celebrini in tiers with the players behind Demidov a full step behind Celebrini. Hawks have a big hole at RW with zero natural RW's in the pipeline. Demidov also is equal to Michkov of Kucherov at the same age, or even better. I don't see how the Hawks can pass him, but if they do, I can't see how they can pass on Levshunov.
May 10 at 12:07 p.m.
Yall gotta Chill
Quoting: SlickWilly
If the Hawks wanted a defenseman, they would just take Levshunov at 2, they're not going to trade down and risk him not being there at 5. Either way, Davidson is going to draft his guy. It's going to take a massive overpay to get him out of 2.

The only hole the Hawks have on defense is a legit top line RHD guy. The LHD side is locked and loaded and on the right they have a very solid top 4 prospect in Rinzel. So regarding defense, it's basically Levshunov or bust early in the first round. That said, they are likely more concerned with getting Bedard help up front to maximize his potential. They are weak at RW in terms of young players or prospects, and frankly, notably weaker in the top 6 compared with defense overall. Nazar, Moore, Bedard, Reichel, Kurashev appear to be their only shots at top 6 in terms of young players/prospects at this point. Not every player will make the top and there may be some outliers that aren't mentioned that over-exceed their expectations but all are lefties except Nazar who's a natural center, so RW is a big problem and bigger I would argue than RHD.

Guys.. can't you read.. I said let's see WHY this would happen.. Not saying that it will or it makes sense at this point for it to go through.. Personally I don't think CHI will pass on a second overall pick, Just saying IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN, why would it..
May 10 at 12:09 p.m.
Thanks for a reasonable discussion with a lot of good arguments guys. Refreshing to see criticisim without anybody saying the post is dumb or attack MTL fans!
Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 10 at 12:20 p.m.
Guys.. can't you read.. I said let's see WHY this would happen.. Not saying that it will or it makes sense at this point for it to go through.. Personally I don't think CHI will pass on a second overall pick, Just saying IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN, why would it..

And I responded to your original comment
May 10 at 2:02 p.m.
Edited May 10 at 2:10 p.m.
I like some of the other deals I've seen where the '25 1st gets replaced with Roy or Beck and the 2nd going back from the Hawks is not involved. In this deal, I would want a better chance of getting '25 first and not having it pushed into '26. Maybe making it an Hawks choice of Calgary pick OR the Montreal first with top 10-12 protection?

Ideally #2 + Vancouver 2nd for #5 + Winnipeg 1st + 1 of Roy or Beck + Barron I like Demidov and would be happy if the Hawks pick him. To pass on Demidov and Levshunov, I want a compelling overpay like this to do it. Roy/Beck plug the gapping whole at RW and Barron a RD to fill the gap while we wait for Rinzel. Not sure any of these become top 6 or top 4 types, but they should be middle 6 and bottom pairing to plug major holes in the Hawk prospect pool while we wait for others to develop. At #5....Parekh as a RHD that projects to a PP1 guy check 2 major boxes missing in the otherwise good Hawk D prospect pool. The Winnipeg and Tampa picks and a pair each of 2nds and 3rds give us the ammo to move up if we want or 6 swings at addressing some forward prospect depth.
May 10 at 3:17 p.m.
Rumors are between Levshunov and Demidov, but who really knows. What is certain is that Demidov has just as high, if not higher, of a ceiling as Celebrini and would be a half step behind Celebrini in tiers with the players behind Demidov a full step behind Celebrini. Hawks have a big hole at RW with zero natural RW's in the pipeline. Demidov also is equal to Michkov of Kucherov at the same age, or even better. I don't see how the Hawks can pass him, but if they do, I can't see how they can pass on Levshunov.

Agreed, the only complicating factor could be uncertainty about him coming over. If the front office is convinced he comes to North America after his 1 remaining year on the KHL deal is up, then this pick is a slam dunk.
ChiHawk liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll