Left WingCentreRight Wing
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 6
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
UFA - 2
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$662,500$662K)
C
UFA - 3
$912,500$912,500
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,937,500$3,937,500
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$125,000$125K)
RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$5,900,000$5,900,000
G
UFA - 2
$717,500$717,500 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$853,333$853,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 10, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
ChiHawks34
not bad overall. but the maple leafs wouldnt make that trade. they can't afford giving bozak or jvr contract extensions because of matthews and marner coming up. They wont trade them because they can contend right now. they will let them walk.
goldie078 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2017 at 6:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
JVR scored almost as many goalies as Landeskog had points. Actually Komarov and Landeskog had almost identical stats. So in what planet is Landeskog is worth so much. Montreal easily passes on the overpaid Duchene too.
clark and orignalsix liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 2:08 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
JVR scored almost as many goalies as Landeskog had points. Actually Komarov and Landeskog had almost identical stats. So in what planet is Landeskog is worth so much. Montreal easily passes on the overpaid Duchene too.

Not that I think that trade is fair value, but comparing 2 players in vastly different situations is a bit far fetched. Especially when one team was the 5th highest scoring team and one was the 30th. Landeskog is a leader and is signed for more term. He is easily a 50+point 2 way Forward with his prime still ahead of him at the young age of 24. JVR might be the better goal scorer but I would take Landeskog over JVR on my Ducks every day of the week not even considering contract.
TJTwolf and Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 9:49 a.m.
Danault did 40pts last year and cost 900k$ and Duchene did 41pts ... I know Danault isn't duchene but no way Habs have to add Juulsen and two 1st ...
Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:19 p.m.
Wait a minute. Colorado trades a player who hints at not being happy in Colorado and potentially wanting out, who had a really off year last year, only has two years left before being a UFA and is not a superstar to begin with for what equates to FIVE 1st rounders??? rolling eyes

At this point I don't want anyone to trade for Duchene anymore. I want it to get so bad that he holds out completely until he is traded and we all see what Duchene's value is in trade due to Sakic's incompetence.

Avs fans you know this isn't going to end well right?
CD282 liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:26 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Wait a minute. Colorado trades a player who hints at not being happy in Colorado and potentially wanting out, who had a really off year last year, only has two years left before being a UFA and is not a superstar to begin with for what equates to FIVE 1st rounders??? rolling eyes

At this point I don't want anyone to trade for Duchene anymore. I want it to get so bad that he holds out completely until he is traded and we all see what Duchene's value is in trade due to Sakic's incompetence.

It might not end well but we will still trust Sakic here. I would rather have an annoyed Duchene vs giving him away. PS I think these trades are over valued to the moon, but people like to do these trades to get attention on their rosters bc they know they are easy click bait troll replys

But you do realize that Drouin pulled this same stunt to get out of Tampa right? Different times in their careers...2 years left on ELC vs 2 years to UFA but he did the sit out, I want out card. They called his bluff, he came back, didnt take a sell low deal on him and Yzerman got what he wanted in the end. Sakic might get the deal he is looking for in the end, or it might blow up in his face. But I would rather hold and gamble wiht him instead of taking a bad deal for Dman that arent long term solutions. Moving Duchene was never a stop gap trade on D.

We can speculate all we want, until the 14th when training camp opens, we have no idea what Duchene and the avs will do here.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:33 p.m.
Quoting: coga16

It might not end well but we will still trust Sakic here. I would rather have an annoyed Duchene vs giving him away. PS I think these trades are over valued to the moon, but people like to do these trades to get attention on their rosters bc they know they are easy click bait troll replys

But you do realize that Drouin pulled this same stunt to get out of Tampa right? Different times in their careers...2 years left on ELC vs 2 years to UFA but he did the sit out, I want out card. They called his bluff, he came back, didnt take a sell low deal on him and Yzerman got what he wanted in the end. Sakic might get the deal he is looking for in the end, or it might blow up in his face. But I would rather hold and gamble wiht him instead of taking a bad deal for Dman that arent long term solutions. Moving Duchene was never a stop gap trade on D.

We can speculate all we want, until the 14th when training camp opens, we have no idea what Duchene and the avs will do here.

Drouin was unproven and still a RFA. Duchene is full UFA and established. big difference.

I agree we have no idea what will happen except for any team giving the Avs five 1st rounders for him. Sticking Out Tongue

At this point, there is more chance that Duchene stays and rides out his final 2 years then to find a trade partner for the insanely high demands Sakic is expecting. The worst part is the dealing from a point of weakness so holding on to him makes sense but playing him in this crappy COL environment might not bring up his value either. Its a toss up. Pray the Avs are at least a bubble team. If not each year passing drops half of his value he has now.
CD282 liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:44 p.m.

Drouin was unproven and still a RFA. Duchene is full UFA and established. big difference.

I agree we have no idea what will happen except for any team giving the Avs five 1st rounders for him. Sticking Out Tongue

At this point, there is more chance that Duchene stays and rides out his final 2 years then to find a trade partner for the insanely high demands Sakic is expecting. The worst part is the dealing from a point of weakness so holding on to him makes sense but playing him in this crappy COL environment might not bring up his value either. Its a toss up. Pray the Avs are at least a bubble team. If not each year passing drops half of his value he has now.

I know its different situations but its principle behind it. Dont sell low on a player when you still have team control over them. 5 1st rounders is silly, no one is doing that.
But look at Stepan (27 4 years left) and Schenn (26 3 years left) who were moved at the draft ....moves for 7th overall and a young RHD and Lehtera and 2 1st round picks. Duchene 26 and 2 years left will still be in that ball park of those returns (arguably duchene is the more complete C out of the 3) , It was all about that 25 and younger NHL Dman or NHL ready D prospect.

(And before Palhal gives us his great looking at total points from last season for those 3. Please look at 5v5 production, fo%, etc etc career vs one isolated season bc you hes so predictable its sad)

Until that Dman is offered up, just hold onto the guy. Taking older Dmen or a collection of future package pieces (like the ROR deal)...they cant do either of those for him. Its too important of a trade to just wing it
Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:52 p.m.

I know its different situations but its principle behind it. Dont sell low on a player when you still have team control over them. 5 1st rounders is silly, no one is doing that.
But look at Stepan (27 4 years left) and Schenn (26 3 years left) who were moves at the draft ....moves for 7th overall and a young RHD and Lehtera and 2 1st round picks. Duchene 26 and 2 years left will still be in that ball park of those returns (arguably duchene is the more complete C out of the 3) , It was all about that 25 and younger NHL Dman or NHL ready D prospect.

Until that Dman is offered up, just hold onto the guy. Taking older Dmen or a collection of future package pieces (like the ROR deal)...they cant do either of those for him. Its too important of a trade to just wing it

I think both those examples are pretty darn close IMO. Either way yes hold on to him but remind yourself, he is not resigning with Col and him having another bad/ semi-bad season will make getting that "25 and younger NHL Dman or NHL ready D prospect. " virtually impossible.

If he rebounds this year there's a chance but considering Col looks to be a bottom dweller again this year, I think that is a risky proposition. Use the draft to get that young D instead and move Duchene for as much value as possible in any form whether it be picks or NHL ready players, etc. Colorado isn't anywhere close to being where they want to be so whats the rush to get a positional need in this trade?
Sep. 11, 2017 at 4:09 p.m.

But look at Stepan (27 4 years left) and Schenn (26 3 years left) who were moves at the draft ....moves for 7th overall and a young RHD and Lehtera and 2 1st round picks. Duchene 26 and 2 years left will still be in that ball park of those returns (arguably duchene is the more complete C out of the 3) , It was all about that 25 and younger NHL Dman or NHL ready D prospect.

I think both those examples are pretty darn close IMO. Either way yes hold on to him but remind yourself, he is not resigning with Col and him having another bad/ semi-bad season will make getting that "25 and younger NHL Dman or NHL ready D prospect. " virtually impossible.

If he rebounds this year there's a chance but considering Col looks to be a bottom dweller again this year, I think that is a risky proposition. Use the draft to get that young D instead and move Duchene for as much value as possible in any form whether it be picks or NHL ready players, etc. Colorado isn't anywhere close to being where they want to be so whats the rush to get a positional need in this trade?

I dont disagree, if he comes back to Avs, and still puts up the same sort of effort. Then yeah you move the measuring stick of what to expect out of a trade return. But stil to this point, I expect them to get that Dman in some way shape or form. Martin Hanzal as a pure rental go ta 1st, 2nd, 4th rounder and a random prospect. Would assume 2 years of duchene would get you better than that return.

The D is insurance in building to the future. RIght now the future D long term is Zadorov (hes still part of this team even unsigned) Makar, Meloche...and probably Timmins (last years 2nd round pick).
But not a lot of high end D talent outside of Makar. Get the Dman in a Duchene trade so at least they ahve a fighting chance of building a solid core long term. Thats my guess. Dmen are the hardest thing to obtain and the toughest to draft and develop. Load up the barrels with as many bullets as possible is my guess
Sep. 11, 2017 at 4:26 p.m.

I dont disagree, if he comes back to Avs, and still puts up the same sort of effort. Then yeah you move the measuring stick of what to expect out of a trade return. But stil to this point, I expect them to get that Dman in some way shape or form. Martin Hanzal as a pure rental go ta 1st, 2nd, 4th rounder and a random prospect. Would assume 2 years of duchene would get you better than that return.

The D is insurance in building to the future. RIght now the future D long term is Zadorov (hes still part of this team even unsigned) Makar, Meloche...and probably Timmins (last years 2nd round pick).
But not a lot of high end D talent outside of Makar. Get the Dman in a Duchene trade so at least they ahve a fighting chance of building a solid core long term. Thats my guess. Dmen are the hardest thing to obtain and the toughest to draft and develop. Load up the barrels with as many bullets as possible is my guess

I think Col is fixated on getting a positional need back rather then getting as high of value back instead. When you have all the power you make the demands, when your slightly under the gun, you don't get too picky. Don't undersell of course but don't overprice either.

Right not Colorado has one option IMO. Keep Duchene and play him like crazy to boost his value up as much as possible. That or make the trade for the best value back on the market by December.
CD282 liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 4:47 p.m.
Edited Sep. 11, 2017 at 5:26 p.m.

I think Col is fixated on getting a positional need back rather then getting as high of value back instead. When you have all the power you make the demands, when your slightly under the gun, you don't get too picky. Don't undersell of course but don't overprice either.

Right not Colorado has one option IMO. Keep Duchene and play him like crazy to boost his value up as much as possible. That or make the trade for the best value back on the market by December.

I agree, just play the guy, put hard feelings aside and show that you are the talent that the league has drooled over with his speed for a long time.
I cant see him holding out, thats just not the classy all pro duchene has been his whole career. I know he wants to move on and put down roots somewhere logn term since he just got married and my guess is wants to have a family. Moving around at this point of his life personally probably isnt ideal.

If its in Colorado, or a new city, I think he wants to be somewhere as a fixture for a while, thats why I never got the 2 years of Duchene thing, a team that is trading him wont be looking at him as a 2 year rental, they would have all intentions of keeping him and resigning him, especially if he shows that last year was an isolated incident

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll