SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:08 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: AK_tune
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

So if you claim a player you move down to 31st Priority?

How are we going to keep track of that without having a designated person to monitor waivers at all times?

Kayla is doing waivers, now if she can handle it go for it. Its also not hard to do. you just put them at 31 if and when they claim a player, everyone else moves up one
Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:18 p.m.
May contain nuts
Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:39 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: Icegirl

The issue with this is we would have to start waivers all over again or something like that. I admit that I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of giving everyone back the players that they have lost on waivers and just starting the waivers process all over again
Nov. 20, 2017 at 11:45 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: TonyStrecher
Quoting: Icegirl

The issue with this is we would have to start waivers all over again or something like that. I admit that I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of giving everyone back the players that they have lost on waivers and just starting the waivers process all over again

As a matter of fact I actually think that would be a great idea. And it wouldn't mess up anything really
Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:19 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
I'm a bit confused by the waiver rules in terms of a bunch of players being claimed at once.

If the Islanders for example placed claims on Djoos, Stephenson, Walker and Chorney specifying that order of priority and the Blue Jackets did the same thing, what would happen?

The way things are currently being done, I believe the Islanders would get Djoos and Walker and the Blue Jackets would get Stephenson and Chorney. Would that be correct?

What about Matt Irwin who was placed on waivers a couple hours later and Zac Rinaldo a few hours after that. I presume if both teams added them at the top of their priority lists the Islanders would get Djoos, Walker, Irwin and Rinaldo if they had the roster spots and the Blue Jackets would still only get Stephenson and Chorney. Am I correct?

Also I think that waivers for players such as Maxime Fortier, Glenn Gawdin, Sam Miletic and anyone else who was involved in debate as to whether they were eligible to be signed or not should be all put back up to be claimed. The fault on this lies only with the BOE who failed to explain the rules. Certain GMs should not be able to profit off the confusion that was created (I include myself in this as I won Glenn Gawdin)
Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:23 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: TonyStrecher
I'm a bit confused by the waiver rules in terms of a bunch of players being claimed at once.

If the Islanders for example placed claims on Djoos, Stephenson, Walker and Chorney specifying that order of priority and the Blue Jackets did the same thing, what would happen?

The way things are currently being done, I believe the Islanders would get Djoos and Walker and the Blue Jackets would get Stephenson and Chorney. Would that be correct?

What about Matt Irwin who was placed on waivers a couple hours later and Zac Rinaldo a few hours after that. I presume if both teams added them at the top of their priority lists the Islanders would get Djoos, Walker, Irwin and Rinaldo if they had the roster spots and the Blue Jackets would still only get Stephenson and Chorney. Am I correct?

Also I think that waivers for players such as Maxime Fortier, Glenn Gawdin, Sam Miletic and anyone else who was involved in debate as to whether they were eligible to be signed or not should be all put back up to be claimed. The fault on this lies only with the BOE who failed to explain the rules. Certain GMs should not be able to profit off the confusion that was created (I include myself in this as I won Glenn Gawdin)

When you claim a player, you say the player who your priority is. If you claim that player you move down to 31st and then you look at the next player (whoever was the highest claim) im probably explaining it alot more complex than it is, but its quite simple. I trust Kayla
Nov. 21, 2017 at 8:40 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Quoting: EthanK24
Florida Panthers
The Florida Panthers would like to sign Jarome Iginla to a 1 year league minimum amount contract.

Jarome Iginla does not have a current NHL contract, therefore, he cannot be claimed.

Do I still have his rights if he signs though?
Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: EthanK24
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Jarome Iginla does not have a current NHL contract, therefore, he cannot be claimed.

Do I still have his rights if he signs though?

No.
Nov. 22, 2017 at 8:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Can i add Dale Weise to my roster?
Nov. 24, 2017 at 12:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Why did you ask for the 'who will make a deal first' thread to be deleted? I posted it in the NHL forum and it got moved here. If you want to delete it that's fine, just letting you know in case there was a misunderstanding.
Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Just to confirm: A team has 48 hours to claim a player on waivers, correct?
Missouri liked this.
Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:28 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Why did you ask for the 'who will make a deal first' thread to be deleted? I posted it in the NHL forum and it got moved here. If you want to delete it that's fine, just letting you know in case there was a misunderstanding.

Because we don't like clutter. And yes, 48 hours.
Nov. 27, 2017 at 8:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Zack Smith has a NTC where he can list up to 10 teams he will not be traded to ... how does this work in the game?
Nov. 27, 2017 at 8:58 p.m.
Zack Smith has a NTC where he can list up to 10 teams he will not be traded to ... how does this work in the game?

He can only be traded once in this game which is why no one really wants him at the price you have him.
Nov. 28, 2017 at 2:16 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17

He can only be traded once in this game which is why no one really wants him at the price you have him.

thanks
Nov. 28, 2017 at 12:04 p.m.
NateElder12
did we get the waivers thing figured out? I am pretty sure Stephenson is mine but for some reason Krak got three people in one claim?
Nov. 28, 2017 at 12:07 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: NateElder12
did we get the waivers thing figured out? I am pretty sure Stephenson is mine but for some reason Krak got three people in one claim?

Because you don't move to the bottom of the list after making a claim, I get him. And Stephenson was higher on my priority list for waivers than Graovac was, so I'd still get him.
Nov. 28, 2017 at 12:22 p.m.
NateElder12
Quoting: krakowitz
Quoting: NateElder12

Because you don't move to the bottom of the list after making a claim, I get him. And Stephenson was higher on my priority list for waivers than Graovac was, so I'd still get him.

aww. Somebody has some hurt feelings. Relax man I haven't heard anything back and have been away for a while so I was just checking back in.
Nov. 28, 2017 at 9:51 p.m.
SEA GM v5
Question: Are we allowed to trade players that we acquire on waivers?
Nov. 29, 2017 at 10:04 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: TabooPenguo

The team that originally lost the player on waivers has a chance to re-claim the player if he is involved in a trade. Not sure if the BOE has established a time frame for that to happen, but be warned: if you make the trade, the original team may be able to cancel the trade and take back the player.
Nov. 29, 2017 at 10:08 a.m.
Lets Go Blues
When will we know the rules on extending UFAs? This has a big impact on trade values and game strategy.
krakowitz liked this.
Nov. 29, 2017 at 12:46 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: AK_tune
Quoting: TabooPenguo

The team that originally lost the player on waivers has a chance to re-claim the player if he is involved in a trade. Not sure if the BOE has established a time frame for that to happen, but be warned: if you make the trade, the original team may be able to cancel the trade and take back the player.

Well the chances of Math doing that are pretty low, so I think my trade is good
A_K liked this.
Nov. 29, 2017 at 10:22 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Since Boston is open, I'd like to recommend my AGM, TMLSage, for the position. He's been on the site for a while, and he understands what team direction and value is. He'd be a good, competent GM to add in.

Also, Vegas hasn't been on for a couple weeks.
ItzMeTaboo liked this.
Nov. 30, 2017 at 4:54 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Today we released reserve lists. Up to you guys but it may be interesting to integrate these players to the GM game. You can trade their rights or sign the players.

Nov. 30, 2017 at 4:56 p.m.
Quoting: Jarvis
Today we released reserve lists. Up to you guys but it may be interesting to integrate these players to the GM game. You can trade their rights or sign the players.

thank you, Jarvis. we look forward utilizing this great tool!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll