SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

CP31 stole another one. How many more?

Oct. 6, 2017 at 11:24 a.m.
Carey price stole that game from the sabres. Buffalo outplayed Montreal all game, but just as history repeats itself no SO win.

If Montreal continues to get outplayed this much, do you think Carey Price will be able to hold up for the full season?

IMO no. He's arguably the best goalie in the league, but I don't think even CP31 can be 100% when facing so much offense.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 12:24 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
I agree with you that the Sabres outplayed Montreal basically the whole game, but it ultimately came down to Lehner not hugging the post on that short-handed goal and both the players and Lehner's inability to play in the shootout.

The way it went down is unacceptable, the Sabres have been a losing franchise and will continue to be a losing franchise until they are able to perform better, weather that means​ Lehner hugging that post, Reinhart finishing on a wide open net, or being able to save/score in the shootout. Doing any one of these would've probably led to a Sabres win.

I understand that the Sabres were against the best goalie in the world, but this is unacceptable to give up such a valuable point to a team within our division!

I think Montreal will have a stellar October (as they always do) but I don't think even Carey Price will be able to hold them up when they​ have their November meltdown.

I had predicted the Sabres to miss the playoffs this year, the way they played last night had me thinking differently............Until we lost. It doesn't matter how good you are during the game, if you lose enough, you don't make playoffs.
wojme, nobody, phillyjabroni and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 12:41 p.m.
Nope. Montreal is done, could be last in Atlantic. Florida may finish below them though
Oct. 6, 2017 at 1:50 p.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Nope. Montreal is done, could be last in Atlantic. Florida may finish below them though

Ironically, you constantly blast other users for their lack of credible evidence, but you don't have any sort of evidence to back up your claim.

This is the equivalent of me saying that the Penguins will finish last in the Metropolitan. I don't have any substance to back up my warrant, and neither do you.
nobody, Blazingbat11, wojme and 6 others liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 2:06 p.m.
Below Market Value

And I'm sure this prediction has nothing to do with your current fandom.
nobody, Kotkaniemi15, Caufzi and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 6, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Everyone's been saying the same thing for years. "Price can't keep saving the Habs!".

I agree that Buffalo outplayed Montreal. The Habs offence looked good, but on aside from Mete and Weber (ManMountain at his finest last night), habs defense looked terrible. But Price is going to keep doing what he does best, and that's stopping the puck, and as long as he stays healthy (fingers crossed), the Habs will hover around 100pts.
Oct. 7, 2017 at 8:10 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Ironically, you constantly blast other users for their lack of credible evidence, but you don't have any sort of evidence to back up your claim.

This is the equivalent of me saying that the Penguins will finish last in the Metropolitan. I don't have any substance to back up my warrant, and neither do you.

Show me where I blast someone for not providing credible evidence? It certainly isn't "constantly".... I'm the "anti-stats" guy!!
Oct. 8, 2017 at 2:10 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Everyone's been saying the same thing for years. "Price can't keep saving the Habs!".

I agree that Buffalo outplayed Montreal. The Habs offence looked good, but on aside from Mete and Weber (ManMountain at his finest last night), habs defense looked terrible. But Price is going to keep doing what he does best, and that's stopping the puck, and as long as he stays healthy (fingers crossed), the Habs will hover around 100pts.

Not if they play like they played last night
nobody liked this.
Oct. 9, 2017 at 11:43 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: krakowitz

Very true, and I think this goes without saying that no one can stop Ovie when he is on a hot streak. I still stand by what I wrote though, there are alarming issues with the Habs, but a span of three games isn't enough to start a fire sell everything must go.
Oct. 9, 2017 at 11:57 a.m.
In GM Game V2, there is an opening. Apply at the GM Game thread named "Messages to the BOE thread" if interested.
Turner33 liked this.
Oct. 9, 2017 at 12:42 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: krakowitz

Very true, and I think this goes without saying that no one can stop Ovie when he is on a hot streak. I still stand by what I wrote though, there are alarming issues with the Habs, but a span of three games isn't enough to start a fire sell everything must go.

I don't know about what happened last night, but if they got outplayed like they did the first two games, it may be time to panic.
wojme liked this.
Oct. 13, 2017 at 10:48 a.m.
It will be ugly for the Habs this year. Price can't do it all.....
Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
At least he can steal games unlike some goalie named Rusk or Resk or something like that
krakowitz, nobody, Jdp and 7 others liked this.
Oct. 15, 2017 at 7:34 a.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17
At least he can steal games unlike some goalie named Rusk or Resk or something like that

Where was the steal last night??
Oct. 15, 2017 at 9:04 a.m.

Not sure, where was Rask's steal though?
Oct. 15, 2017 at 11:04 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018

Paul, you just proved that your entire fandom with the Bruins isn't as big as you make it seem.

Khudobin played last night, not Rask.
nobody and Blazingbat11 liked this.
Oct. 15, 2017 at 9:46 p.m.

LMFAO!!!! Bruins lost to Subban!!!

Subban>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rusk/Resk/Rosk/Rysk/Risk/whatever
jmac490, nobody, Turner33 and 3 others liked this.
Oct. 15, 2017 at 9:53 p.m.

LMFAO!!!! Bruins lost to Subban!!!

Subban>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rusk/Resk/Rosk/Rysk/Risk/whatever

I loved how Subban was terrible in Boston then just stone walled them when they came into Vegas
LicMysak, nobody, DavidBoothReturns and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 15, 2017 at 9:55 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490

I loved how Subban was terrible in Boston then just stone walled them when they came into Vegas

He was relieved he left that Bruins fan base.
nobody, jmac490, CleanDangles and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 15, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490

Who wouldn't be
LicMysak, TonyStrecher, DoctorBreakfast and 3 others liked this.
Oct. 15, 2017 at 10:44 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Who wouldn't be

Brad Marchand
nobody and TonyStrecher liked this.
Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:58 a.m.
I'm a Skatman
the incentive to create this thread still stands as the only Montreal win of the season
krakowitz liked this.
Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:04 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama
the incentive to create this thread still stands as the only Montreal win of the season

Wish I could talk **** about them, but the sabres are in the same dingy.
Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:55 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
LGZfwXV.jpg
wojme and Daryl liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll