Edited Jul 4, 2018 at 5:48
"Undermining me makes you feel smarter?"
Undermining me makes you feel smarter? Lmao. Stats are important, and of course no one can deny that his performance on the ice might sometimes be on an elite level, his off ice behaviour or locker room presence causes disfunction in the teams that he has played in. If he was simply immature, like Seguin and Carter were before they were traded, he wouldn't have been traded twice already. There's something that you and I can't see that makes him not wanted in teams.
No it doesn't....I just pointed out that you gave an opinion & then supported it with unrelated evidence.
And that the stats tend to disagree with your opinion (though I'm aware that stats aren't everything).
With that said....
Undermining 24 year old Dougie Hamiltons character makes you feel smarter?
- This comment can go both ways.
His behavior was never a problem.
He's quieter than most hockey players & may be a bit on the neurotic side (intelligence alone doesn't get you a 99% average in high-school).
There are a lot nerds in the world....they just don't usually play in the NHL....which might have made him an oddball in a locker room full of bro's.
That doesn't mean he's immature or has behavioral problems....just different than whats normal in his environment.
In terms of the trade.....Given Dougie's age & talent....a smart organization would have:
1. Worked with professionals to help him improve relationships & assimilate to the environment.
2. Traded for other (good) players with similar personality types....to help balance out the dressing room.
1. Traded him for a similar & younger....but vastly inferior player in Hanafin (his highest upside is what Dougie is now).
2. Swapped forwards with similar talent & potential.
3. Gave away their best defensive prospect (possibly their best prospect in general).
Even if Fox wasn't going to sign in Calgary....he had plenty of trade value on his own....and didn't have to be shoe-horned into this deal.
Calgary lost this trade....and Dougie was worth the full return on his own.
Carolina is about to get a lot better....and DeHaan is just as good as Hanafin at the moment (just less potential).
I'M A LEAF FAN....SO I'M NOT SPECIFICALLY TRYING TO BE BIASED HERE.
BUT IT SEEMS THAT WE DO HAVE A BAD REP....SO TAKE THIS AS YOU'D LIKE.