$3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 7
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    C
    RFA
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $675,000$675,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $660,000$660,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $808,333$808,333 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$75,000$75K)
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
    RW
    RFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,167,000$4,167,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $1,900,000$1,900,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $4,166,666$4,166,666
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000
    RD
    RFA - 5
    $784,166$784,166 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
    G
    UFA - 3
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LD/RD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 4:29 p.m.
    1. They were looking at Eriksson-Ek at 15 if I remember correctly
    2. Chia created the team to beat the Pacific(what they do, having a winning record in against division rivals since he took over)
    3. Chia is a drafting genius, so anybody ftom 2015 and after you can say goodbye to (Pulju, Yam, Skippy, Boosh, Bear, Jones, Benson)
    4. People need to stop making these teams plain amd simple, we get it he made questionable moves but its in the past move on
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 4:36 p.m.
    Bringer_Of_Snow
    Quoting: Max
    1. They were looking at Eriksson-Ek at 15 if I remember correctly
    2. Chia created the team to beat the Pacific(what they do, having a winning record in against division rivals since he took over)
    3. Chia is a drafting genius, so anybody ftom 2015 and after you can say goodbye to (Pulju, Yam, Skippy, Boosh, Bear, Jones, Benson)
    4. People need to stop making these teams plain amd simple, we get it he made questionable moves but its in the past move on

I remember Barzal being the consensus pick at that point in the draft. Everyone I spoke to hoped the Oil took him at the time. Yes, the rumours were true that they were looking Eriksson Ek and Svechnikov I believe, but remember, this was the reports from the Chia camp. Had he never of come here, it would have been a different dialogue.

Also don't forget they traded that early 2nd rounder that could have been Aho or Carlo (who was better that Reinhart already at that time, and was a RHD)

Man I hate Chia.
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 4:37 p.m.
    Ban Price trades
    Chiarelli - even though Glen Sather gifted him to the Oilers - was also responsible for acquiring Talbot. Brodziak and Rattie were also Chiarelli signings, they don't stay either. Sekera and Reider were also Chiarelli signings. Almost forgot, but Benning was signed by Chiarelli as well shortly after he joined the team.

(RD) Brandon Carlo and (C) Jack Studnicka, both Bruins prospects actually, were selected using picks Edmonton gave up in separate trades: Carlo would've been the target of the Oilers at #32 in 2015, and Studnicka in 2017 to the Bruins for signing Chiarelli. Not sure he's their guy at #53, but it's worth mentioning. On the note of prospects, I'm not sure how much weight Chiarelli had in the selections of Bear and Jones. Hard to say that Yamamoto and any picks beyond 2016 are Oilers in this scenario.

The >$1.63M cost of buyouts against the Oilers cap wouldn't be there either.

RNH - McDavid - Eberle
    Hall - Draisaitl - []
    [] - Erikson Ek - Puljujarvi
    Khaira - [] - []

Klefbom - []
    Nurse - []
    [] - Carlo

[] - []

Far from a full roster of what the Oilers actually had on their own before his series of terrible moves, but good god is it a solid core to start with.
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 4:39 p.m.
    Ban Price trades
    Forgot to rate, but yeah these "What could have been" posts are next-level shit, and very few AGMs (if any) ever truly undo all of Chiarelli's moves. Instead, they're wildly subjective and tend to usually only reverse the glaringly bad ones.
    Max and mm1010 liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 5:01 p.m.
    Quoting: Bringer_Of_Snow
    I remember Barzal being the consensus pick at that point in the draft. Everyone I spoke to hoped the Oil took him at the time. Yes, the rumours were true that they were looking Eriksson Ek and Svechnikov I believe, but remember, this was the reports from the Chia camp. Had he never of come here, it would have been a different dialogue.

Also don't forget they traded that early 2nd rounder that could have been Aho or Carlo (who was better that Reinhart already at that time, and was a RHD)

Man I hate Chia.

Wrong, Barzal wasnt on the Oilers radar and nobody and I mean nobody expected him to turn out as good as he did
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 5:05 p.m.
    Quoting: BeterChiarelli
    Chiarelli - even though Glen Sather gifted him to the Oilers - was also responsible for acquiring Talbot. Brodziak and Rattie were also Chiarelli signings, they don't stay either. Sekera and Reider were also Chiarelli signings. Almost forgot, but Benning was signed by Chiarelli as well shortly after he joined the team.

(RD) Brandon Carlo and (C) Jack Studnicka, both Bruins prospects actually, were selected using picks Edmonton gave up in separate trades: Carlo would've been the target of the Oilers at #32 in 2015, and Studnicka in 2017 to the Bruins for signing Chiarelli. Not sure he's their guy at #53, but it's worth mentioning. On the note of prospects, I'm not sure how much weight Chiarelli had in the selections of Bear and Jones. Hard to say that Yamamoto and any picks beyond 2016 are Oilers in this scenario.

The >$1.63M cost of buyouts against the Oilers cap wouldn't be there either.

RNH - McDavid - Eberle
    Hall - Draisaitl - []
    [] - Erikson Ek - Puljujarvi
    Khaira - [] - []

Klefbom - []
    Nurse - []
    [] - Carlo

[] - []

Far from a full roster of what the Oilers actually had on their own before his series of terrible moves, but good god is it a solid core to start with.

Chia has made 2-3 bad deals and 1 badish signing. But everything he does good is overlooked.

Lets also not forget his greatest move ever, convincing Vegas to take Reinhart over JJ
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 5:14 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    Wrong, Barzal wasnt on the Oilers radar and nobody and I mean nobody expected him to turn out as good as he did

you are very, very, very incorrect on this. It was a shock he went outside the top 10.

also, his numbers are about to regress, big time.
    Bringer_Of_Snow liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 5:14 p.m.
    Bcarlo25
    congrats on being the 500th idiot to make one of these.
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 5:33 p.m.

That's not true at all, everyone thought highly of Barzal and it was a crime he fell that far. I'm not sure if you're stupid or just an idiot.
    Bringer_Of_Snow liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 5:41 p.m.
    Quoting: ErikJohannsen
    That's not true at all, everyone thought highly of Barzal and it was a crime he fell that far. I'm not sure if you're stupid or just an idiot.

So you're telling me he was projected to get 85pts in his rookie season. Also I am positive he wasnt on the Oilers radar. So I dont know why you are getting so hostile? Small penis perhaps?
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 5:43 p.m.
    Quoting: Bcarlo25
    you are very, very, very incorrect on this. It was a shock he went outside the top 10.

also, his numbers are about to regress, big time.

Let me rephrase what I said, he wasnt on the Oilers radar. He was a good player (projected 9th I think) but nobody projected he be as good as he has become, but they still assumed hed be good
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 6:50 p.m.
    Puck you, puck ur wi
    Eberle was a defensive liability. maybe last year wasn't the best year to trade him given the recent depth but the start of preseason makes me think wlhe would be slotted 2/3 - plus keeping eberle likely means no rattie. I don't know what he was like on the Islanders but even with the scoring of the team. They didn't make the playoffs. As you can see the center depth is quite different without Strome who is an effective third line guy and nearly half the cap

Hall trade sucks but what would the right side look like without him? Schultz would not have become the same d here as he did in Pittsburgh. What would have kept Hall is if Peter wasn't traded and properly treated so he would resign (Mac T).

Pouliot was a Mac T signing as was Sekera so the cap hit for one is there and hindsight the oilers could have lived with Pouliot cap hit last year.

Overall I love this teams depth and some of the young talent he aquired outside of drafts (Benning, Cagguila ( no cost and is nhl player), Mantha - health, Marody, Hieberg, Gabradella)
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 6:59 p.m.
    Mac1010
    yes he has made some questionable moves with a few trades Hall, Eberle, Reinhart. Unfortunatley he had to try to do something with the abysmal state the organization was left in with 0 prospects.
    you cant say people before him did good with prospect the only ones that are NHL players were the first overall pick minus yakopov.
    if there was a pipeline of good talent he would not have had to try to fill hole to make the team competitive he could have done it from within.

so yes three bad trades which still actually moved the team up the standings. even last year compared to where they were before was up about 5 spots.

His best move is that the oilers actually are developing a pipeline of talent that is pushing to the NHL that the oilers have never had. Yamamoto, Benson, Mcleod, bear, Jones, Bouchard, Merody, Safin,Starret, Skinner,
    he has actually brought depth to the organization.

Stop living in the past!
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 7:18 p.m.
    Big John T
    Reinhart, Russell, and Strome were bad acquisitions from day one. Not even worth the ice time they are given.

Puljujarvi and/or RNH will be traded in the next year. Too little cap space to have redundancy.

What they bring back, or make room for, will be important. Ideally Montreal trades Weber just to get the contract out, and EDM is a good partner in the western conference.

Hopefully they add picks, or maybe a solid D prospect like Cal Foote (most top D prospects are immovable, but Tampa has enough ahead of him and probably make a push)

I think EDM is good enough the pressure won't be on to fire the GM or coach, and the best choice on a move will be easy once the offers come in. The one mistake is to try and make a move when teams expect Ottawa to be dumping comparable players.
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 8:02 p.m.
    CGY
    Let me rephrase what I said, he wasnt on the Oilers radar. He was a good player (projected 9th I think) but nobody projected he be as good as he has become, but they still assumed hed be good

I agree with you it’s likely Barzal would have been drafted by EDM had they kept the pick.

I believe I heard and maybe I’m wrong that they were looking at either Chabot or Zboril at D in that range or Samsonov in net with that pick. They had already drafted McDavid and already had a bunch of promising young forwards,Hall, Eberle, Nuge, even Yak at that point wasn’t totally written off, so I really doubt they’d have taken a F
    Sep. 26, 2018 at 8:48 p.m.
    Quoting: ItWasIn
    I agree with you it’s likely Barzal would have been drafted by EDM had they kept the pick.

I believe I heard and maybe I’m wrong that they were looking at either Chabot or Zboril at D in that range or Samsonov in net with that pick. They had already drafted McDavid and already had a bunch of promising young forwards,Hall, Eberle, Nuge, even Yak at that point wasn’t totally written off, so I really doubt they’d have taken a F

You are close, they were looking at Eriksson-Ek or Carlo

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll