$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,825,000$1,825,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$975,000$975,000
C
RFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,166,667$3,166,667
LD
UFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,125,000$4,125,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$825,000$825,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:01 p.m.
The first is nice, but other than that the trade does nothing for Winnipeg. The Jets say no.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:06 p.m.
Kyle Dubas
Quoting: Windjammer
The first is nice, but other than that the trade does nothing for Winnipeg. The Jets say no.

jets have too many ld one has to go
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:06 p.m.
CUP OR BUST
yall not contenders lol not even with those trades
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:10 p.m.
Quoting: Dubaspersonal
jets have too many ld one has to go

Nope. Not at all. Wingers are the easiest thing in hockey to get, the Jets aren't giving up a huge, promising defenseman for a winger that isn't better than anything they already have.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Stanley has shown nothing to be worth a first so far
Devil and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.
Kyle Dubas
Nope. Not at all. Wingers are the easiest thing in hockey to get, the Jets aren't giving up a huge, promising defenseman for a winger that isn't better than anything they already have.

heinola, dillon, morrisey, stanley.

no one wants that horrendous morrisey contact, you just got dillon, heinola is due to get a chance in the lineup (unless you wanna play him in the minors forever) Stanley is getting traded its just a matter of time
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:14 p.m.
Kyle Dubas

no one wants that horrendous morrisey contact, you just got dillon, heinola is due to get a chance in the lineup (unless you wanna play him in the minors forever) Stanley is getting traded its just a matter of time

contract*
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
Depends on what Boqvist looks like this year. If he shows promise I’d be fine with him being the main piece in the deal. If not, your first rounder is gonna have to be in the deal. Assuming Pavs is around a PPG again this year of course
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:22 p.m.

He may get traded, but if he does, it will be for something the Jets need not for a first and a nothing winger. It likely won't be anytime soon though as the Jets finally got their defense shored up and will run with what they have.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:32 p.m.
Go leafs go

Stanley might not even be in the lineup if Heinola plays this year. The jets do this in a heartbeat.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 7:36 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Stanley might not even be in the lineup if Heinola plays this year. The jets do this in a heartbeat.

Definitely not. Stanley has a better chance of playing this year than Heinola does. The Jets didn't protect Stanley in the XD to trade him for now for futures.

The Jets have good defense depth now and intend in contending in the playoffs. They won't give that up for a pick that doesn't help for 3 or 4 years.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 8:01 p.m.
Go leafs go
Definitely not. Stanley has a better chance of playing this year than Heinola does. The Jets didn't protect Stanley in the XD to trade him for now for futures.

The Jets have good defense depth now and intend in contending in the playoffs. They won't give that up for a pick that doesn't help for 3 or 4 years.

What happens if Heinola comes in and tears it up (which I think is likely)? You can't scratch a 3mil Demelo or a 6mil Smchidt long term. Someone will have to go.

Remember they protected Stanley before they got Dillon and Smchidt.

Though, I do think Demelo is the one traded.

I think Stanley can play RD.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 8:13 p.m.
What happens if Heinola comes in and tears it up (which I think is likely)? You can't scratch a 3mil Demelo or a 6mil Smchidt long term. Someone will have to go.

Remember they protected Stanley before they got Dillon and Smchidt.

Though, I do think Demelo is the one traded.

It's possible Heinola comes in and tears it up, just not likely. It's far more likely he spends most of his time developing on the Moose as the #1D and as an injury call up, with Stanley playing full time with the Jets since he can't be sent down without clearing waivers which he obviously wouldn't.

The main point is that the Jets finally have 6 solid defenseman and a little depth past that. They're not going to immediately start trading that depth away for futures and nothing players that don't help them this year when they consider themselves serious playoff contenders now.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 8:19 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I like Stanley but the Jets would be crazy not to take this.
memehlers and Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 8:28 p.m.
Stanley is atrocious, the Jets would love this as it solves their situation not allowing Heinola to play. Those who say Heinola wont immediately light it up have no clue, the guy looked dynamic as an 18 year old across his stint in 2019.
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 9:02 p.m.
wpg
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Stanley has shown nothing to be worth a first so far

Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I like Stanley but the Jets would be crazy not to take this.

Quoting: HtotheBtotheM
Stanley is atrocious, the Jets would love this as it solves their situation not allowing Heinola to play. Those who say Heinola wont immediately light it up have no clue, the guy looked dynamic as an 18 year old across his stint in 2019.

Easy yes for Jets

Getting a 1st and it doesn’t weaken our lineup at all with Heinola

Risky on the Devils side tbh.. but if Stanley has top 4 potential which I think he does makes sense

Morrissey is good
Guy isn’t playing alongside a 3rd line d against the opponents top lines every night anymore
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 9:09 p.m.
I don’t see how Stanley has more value than Pavs.
Saskleaf and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 9:29 p.m.
Non-Biased Jets Fan

Play someone on the right then?
Aug. 18, 2021 at 11:24 p.m.
Go leafs go
It's possible Heinola comes in and tears it up, just not likely. It's far more likely he spends most of his time developing on the Moose as the #1D and as an injury call up, with Stanley playing full time with the Jets since he can't be sent down without clearing waivers which he obviously wouldn't.

The main point is that the Jets finally have 6 solid defenseman and a little depth past that. They're not going to immediately start trading that depth away for futures and nothing players that don't help them this year when they consider themselves serious playoff contenders now.

Heinola's not far behind Stanley right now, and in a few years he'll be miles ahead.

I should clarify: I'm not trying to suggest the jets need to dump Stanley, he's a valuable asset on the 3rd pairing. But to suggest he's worth a 1st round pick is absurd, and the jets should pounce at such a deal. It would give them a prime asset to make a major splash a the trade deadline, and improve their playoff roster.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 11:45 p.m.
Heinola's not far behind Stanley right now, and in a few years he'll be miles ahead.

I should clarify: I'm not trying to suggest the jets need to dump Stanley, he's a valuable asset on the 3rd pairing. But to suggest he's worth a 1st round pick is absurd, and the jets should pounce at such a deal. It would give them a prime asset to make a major splash a the trade deadline, and improve their playoff roster.

I guess I should be more clear as well. I didn't say anything about value nor am I suggesting that Stanley is worth a first or anything else. What I'm saying, and it's what most fans ignore, is that for Winnipeg, a team that is trying to contend this year, trading a contributing roster player for futures is just not something that teams trying to win do. It just makes the team weaker now, reduces depth in their position of least depth and possibly pushes contending back another year or two.

If you actually think Chevy would pounce on that trade then I would have to say that you haven't followed the Jets very closely since they've been back. There's no chance Chevy gambles and trades Stanley for a 1st only to hope that in another 3 or 4 years has has a player that is as good as Stanley is now. None.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 11:49 p.m.
Go leafs go
I guess I should be more clear as well. I didn't say anything about value nor am I suggesting that Stanley is worth a first or anything else. What I'm saying, and it's what most fans ignore, is that for Winnipeg, a team that is trying to contend this year, trading a contributing roster player for futures is just not something that teams trying to win do. It just makes the team weaker now, reduces depth in their position of least depth and possibly pushes contending back another year or two.

If you actually think Chevy would pounce on that trade then I would have to say that you haven't followed the Jets very closely since they've been back. There's no chance Chevy gambles and trades Stanley for a 1st only to hope that in another 3 or 4 years has has a player that is as good as Stanley is now. None.

I realize Chevy isn't one to pounce on these kind of trade (he doesn't really do those kind of trades), but I'm saying it would make us a better team now if we flipped the first at the deadline for someone.

Of course, NJ would never offer this package, so there isn't much point debating it.

I do see your point though, there's a good chance Chevy would turn that deal down (even though he would be stupid to).
Windjammer liked this.
Aug. 18, 2021 at 11:56 p.m.
I realize Chevy isn't one to pounce on these kind of trade (he doesn't really do those kind of trades), but I'm saying it would make us a better team now if we flipped the first at the deadline for someone.

Of course, NJ would never offer this package, so there isn't much point debating it.

I do see your point though, there's a good chance Chevy would turn that deal down (even though he would be stupid to).

Yes, I somewhat agree value wise that it makes the team better, although I disagree with how you're painting it. Chevy wouldn't be stupid to turn the trade down. He'd be doing the smart, practical thing that any competent GM, trying to contend would do.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 8:23 a.m.
What does Logan Stanley give us that Graves, Smith, Bahl, Siegenthaler, Mukhamadullin, Edwards, or Luke Hughes won’t?
Saskleaf liked this.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 9:56 a.m.
Go leafs go
Yes, I somewhat agree value wise that it makes the team better, although I disagree with how you're painting it. Chevy wouldn't be stupid to turn the trade down. He'd be doing the smart, practical thing that any competent GM, trying to contend would do.

I disagree that's it's the smart thing to do. I think it's short sighted and not being able to look ahead. In the short term, you lose a 3rd pairing defenseman.

Then, depending on what you do, you could gain a top 4 defenseman at the trade deadline, thereby increasing the jets chance at the cup.

If you can't find a good deadline trade, do an offseason one. Of if worse comes to worse, you've got yourself a nice prospect.

My point is when you can get a first for a 23 year old 3rd pairing defenseman, you should do it, regardless of whether or not you're contending. Unfortunately GM's don't realize this strategy very often. The only time I can remember a team flipping their first at the deadline is TB with Coleman.
Aug. 19, 2021 at 9:58 a.m.
Kyle Dubas
I disagree that's it's the smart thing to do. I think it's short sighted and not being able to look ahead. In the short term, you lose a 3rd pairing defenseman.

Then, depending on what you do, you could gain a top 4 defenseman at the trade deadline, thereby increasing the jets chance at the cup.

If you can't find a good deadline trade, do an offseason one. Of if worse comes to worse, you've got yourself a nice prospect.

My point is when you can get a first for a 23 year old 3rd pairing defenseman, you should do it, regardless of whether or not you're contending. Unfortunately GM's don't realize this strategy very often. The only time I can remember a team flipping their first at the deadline is TB with Coleman.

Idk if stanley is worth a 1st people saying its too high for him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll