SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread

Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:22 a.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Thanks! Looks good! Feel like tier 6 could be some late draft steals! Raty? Would love the sabres to use their middle pick on own of them.

I have several questions about this. First, late draft steals is a bit much for guys who’ll go 10-15, how does Raty fit into this and the last one i imagine is a typo and you mean one instead of own
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:31 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I have several questions about this. First, late draft steals is a bit much for guys who’ll go 10-15, how does Raty fit into this and the last one i imagine is a typo and you mean one instead of own

Yep, mean one. 10-15 is where they are projected I was more saying last year Raty was the #1 about this time of year most had him at 10-15 and be fell go the second round. Never know with players who's stock is falling they could drop farther than 15. Unlikely but maybe. That's just what I was thinking, like I saw some boards with Wright - Lambert - Ivan as the top 3.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:34 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

zk97 and Db1899 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:55 a.m.
Yep, mean one. 10-15 is where they are projected I was more saying last year Raty was the #1 about this time of year most had him at 10-15 and he fell go the second round. Never know with players who's stock is falling they could drop farther than 15. Unlikely but maybe. That's just what I was thinking, like I saw some boards with Wright - Lambert - Ivan as the top 3.

Lambert, Miroshnichenko, Luneau, Salomonsson are a couple of names who have some good potential but flags that may lower their draft stock, they might be players to keep an eye on if you want great raw potential but a bit more of a project
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:01 a.m.
Lambert, Miroshnichenko, Luneau, Salomonsson are a couple of names who have some good potential but flags that may lower their draft stock, they might be players to keep an eye on if you want great raw potential but a bit more of a project

Sabres dream would be to get Wright, Jiricek at 10 (if somehow Vegas or Florida miss the playoffs), and have Lambert fall to 25. Lol. Defiently seems impossible.
zk97 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:10 a.m.
Sabres dream would be to get Wright, Jiricek at 10 (if somehow Vegas or Florida miss the playoffs), and have Lambert fall to 25. Lol. Defiently seems impossible.

Yep, I think the Vegas or Florida being at 10 is impossible and Lambert going to 25 is a stretch currently. If you want a good RD that isn't named Jiricek or Nemec, you can hope Chesley or Casey falls to the 20 range or get Ty Nelson around there, Salomonsson and Luneau are also options around the 25 and 30 range respectively
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:13 a.m.
Yep, I think the Vegas or Florida being at 10 is impossible and Lambert going to 25 is a stretch currently. If you want a good RD that isn't named Jiricek or Nemec, you can hope Chesley or Casey falls to the 20 range or get Ty Nelson around there, Salomonsson and Luneau are also options around the 25 and 30 range respectively

Yea, I think the Sabres should nab a forward with the first pick. Unless it's around 4-7 I'd get Nemec then. And his a RD at 25-30 and a forward. Or 2RDs if we get a top 3 forward.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 10:54 a.m.

Do you think Lambert will fall out of the top 10.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: Db1899
Do you think Lambert will fall out of the top 10.

I have Lambert at 12 currently so yes. He has the potential to be a top 10 pick but the flags are why he's right outside the top 10
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
I have Lambert at 12 currently so yes. He has the potential to be a top 10 pick but the flags are why he's right outside the top 10

I still think he’s worthy of a top 10 pick - elite in transition and an excellent play driver. I’m sure the points will come.

For the isles, assuming they draft in the 6-11 range, I would have no problem taking Lambert.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:03 a.m.
I still think he’s worthy of a top 10 pick - elite in transition and an excellent play driver. I’m sure the points will come.

For the isles, assuming they draft in the 6-11 range, I would have no problem taking Lambert.

I can see the argument to put Lambert in the top 10, however, i can't put him ahead of guys i like more than him
Db1899 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:06 a.m.
Everyone I’ve been able to completely scout for the 2022 draft in tiers Link to Rankings

What do you use for video for your scouting?
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
I can see the argument to put Lambert in the top 10, however, i can't put him ahead of guys i like more than him

Gotcha, also who do you think a good NHL comparable for slakovsky is?
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.

I think either a smart team is going to take him in the top 10 and be happy with that selection or some lucky GM in the mid-late 1st is going to look like a genius.
Db1899 and Roysboy72 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:19 a.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
What do you use for video for your scouting?

I don't. I don't like watching tape so I read people's scouting reports and then I decide what I'd put as the players potential and ETA which helps me rank them but i also have a section where i just put my notes, easier to rank them when you have the info with the rankings
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:20 a.m.
Gotcha, also who do you think a good NHL comparable for slakovsky is?

I don't really go down the comparable route, but I have Slafkovsky as skilled PWF
Dec. 22, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
I think either a smart team is going to take him in the top 10 and be happy with that selection or some lucky GM in the mid-late 1st is going to look like a genius.

The only thing that’s lacking this season is production but he had a a solid D-1. If he was lacking hockey sense or something I’d understand dropping him out of the top 10 but he has an elite skill set along with great hockey sense. He reminds me of Ehlers.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
The only thing that’s lacking this season is production but he had a a solid D-1. If he was lacking hockey sense or something I’d understand dropping him out of the top 10 but he has an elite skill set along with great hockey sense. He reminds me of Ehlers.

Yes, very good mind for the game. Great skating and transition play like you mentioned, but he also has the vision and awareness to make things happen once he's brought the puck into the zone. It's a pretty special thing to be able to get the puck on your stick in the Dzone and 3-4 seconds later create a scoring opportunity for your team at the other end. Not many players just have that in their repertoire lol. Also think he has the makings of a go to guy on the PP. Really liked his game working off the halfwall at the last World Juniors. Good patience, seemed to be able to freeze guys to get an extra second, could rip one home, found the tips in front and cross ice passes... Good player.

Never thought of the Ehlers comparison, but now you mention it, there are definitely some similarities.
Db1899 and yikes liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
Yes, very good mind for the game. Great skating and transition play like you mentioned, but he also has the vision and awareness to make things happen once he's brought the puck into the zone. It's a pretty special thing to be able to get the puck on your stick in the Dzone and 3-4 seconds later create a scoring opportunity for your team at the other end. Not many players just have that in their repertoire lol. Also think he has the makings of a go to guy on the PP. Really liked his game working off the halfwall at the last World Juniors. Good patience, seemed to be able to freeze guys to get an extra second, could rip one home, found the tips in front and cross ice passes... Good player.

Never thought of the Ehlers comparison, but now you mention it, there are definitely some similarities.

Next season his point totals are going to skyrocket and teams are going to regret passing up on him.

His uncle is the assistant coach for the isles, hopefully he puts in a good word lol

Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Next season his point totals are going to skyrocket and teams are going to regret passing up on him.

His uncle is the assistant coach for the isles, hopefully he puts in a good word lol

Lambert is screaming SJS.

It’s just the most logical destination for him IMO and truly think if SJS can keep the playoff race interesting then also pick 10-15 where Lambert could be; they’d once again take a step forward by being competitive again but now lucking into a great pick again.

Just my gut (regardless of my bias for SJS) - screams Lambert in teal just fits.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.

Definitely.

Also Scott Morrow just chilling in that group as a Dman. Was punching below his weight in that league, but still...
yikes and Db1899 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: yikes

It’s just the most logical destination for him IMO and truly think if SJS can keep the playoff race interesting then also pick 10-15 where Lambert could be; they’d once again take a step forward by being competitive again but now lucking into a great pick again.

Just my gut (regardless of my bias for SJS) - screams Lambert in teal just fits.

yeah I can see that happening - I would love the isles to pick him but I'd be fine with any one of Yurov, Lambert, Slavkovsky, Nazar, Kemell. I want nothing to do with Ivan M or Geekie.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: yikes

Still mad at SJ over the 2020 draft. Had my eyes on all of Robins, Gushchin, and Coe as mid round steals for the Leafs and the Sharks just picked 'em off one by one.

But, yeah Lambert feels like he could be an Eklund-y pick for the Sharks.

Also feel like Yzerman could be licking his chops if Lambert falls to them.
yikes and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:51 p.m.
yeah I can see that happening - I would love the isles to pick him but I'd be fine with any one of Yurov, Lambert, Slavkovsky, Nazar, Kemell. I want nothing to do with Ivan M or Geekie.

Nazar is a guy that feels like he's a bit to low on a lot of rankings.
yikes and Db1899 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:53 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Dec. 22, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Still mad at SJ over the 2020 draft. Had my eyes on all of Robins, Gushchin, and Coe as mid round steals for the Leafs and the Sharks just picked 'em off one by one.

But, yeah Lambert feels like he could be an Eklund-y pick for the Sharks.

Also feel like Yzerman could be licking his chops if Lambert falls to them.

I can’t remember who I wanted with our Bordeleau pick but now I love that kid so I regret not loving it at first. But Robins was a sick pick, so was Coe and Gushchin is just so exciting. It’s honestly astounding. Doug Wilson Jr and his team in 2020 went with;

Wiesblatt (fantastic 31st selection)
Bordeleau (I think 38 or 48? Huge pick either way)
Then Coe, Robins, Gushchin are each so sick in their own way and we still have multiple other prospects from that draft. Young looks solid and Raska I’m in love with.

Wilson Jr has an amazing resume and bright future in the NHL.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll