Initial Creation Date: Mar. 25, 2022
Published: Mar. 25, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
OTT
  1. Kunin, Luke
  2. Tolvanen, Eeli
Additional Details:
Are either of these players available and if so what would be their costs, also looking at the site it looks like Tomansino has been better than Tolvanen whilst being 2 years younger. Also could you fill me in on the type of player that Luke Kunin is and where he playes in the lineup. Also, though I highly doubt it, is Eeli Tolavanen available and if so, for what?
NSH
OTT
  1. Farabee, Joel
  2. Konecny, Travis
Additional Details:
What would you estimate that these guys are worth, also, does Farabee have an extension. Konecny would be interesting but I don't know that we could get him but hey, Chuck Fletcher has not made smart decisions though the Giroux trade is understandable.
PHI
    Picking of a dead carcas.
    CBJ
      Just gotta say that I've loved how he has played for years and I totatly get that he is off limits.
      CBJ
        Are either of these guys available, if so for how much.
        CHI
          Are both or just one availble, I'd be interested to see what Kubalik could do with top end linemates and a great playmaker, is the type of forward that Ottawa might target and would be an under the radar guy that might not even get qualified. Kurashev I don't know.
          BUF
            Price? Available?
            Buyouts
            Retained Salary Transactions
            DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the TBL
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the BOS
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the BOS
            Logo of the WPG
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the NYI
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the NSH
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the TBL
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            Logo of the OTT
            ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
            31$81,500,000$92,682,257$0$5,990,000-$11,182,257
            Left WingCentreRight Wing
            Logo of the Ottawa Senators
            $8,330,674$8,330,674
            LW
            UFA - 7
            $3,500,000$3,500,000
            C
            UFA - 1
            $4,975,000$4,975,000
            RW, LW
            UFA - 6
            $3,600,000$3,600,000
            RW, LW
            UFA - 2
            $1,100,000$1,100,000
            C
            UFA - 1
            $4,750,000$4,750,000
            C, RW
            UFA - 4
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
            C
            UFA - 2
            $997,500$997,500
            C, RW
            UFA - 1
            $1,500,000$1,500,000
            RW, LW
            UFA - 2
            $900,000$900,000
            LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
            C
            UFA - 1
            $747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
            LW
            RFA - 1
            $737,500$737,500
            LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            Logo of the Nashville Predators
            $2,300,000$2,300,000
            RW, C
            RFA - 1
            Logo of the Nashville Predators
            $1,450,000$1,450,000
            LW, RW
            RFA - 3
            Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
            RW, LW
            RFA - 1
            Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
            $5,500,000$5,500,000
            RW, LW
            UFA - 4
            Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
            LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
            $5,400,000$5,400,000
            RW, LW
            UFA - 5
            Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
            $842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
            LW, C, RW
            RFA - 1
            Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
            $3,700,000$3,700,000
            LW, RW
            UFA - 1
            Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
            $3,050,000$3,050,000
            RW, LW
            UFA - 1
            Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
            $2,000,000$2,000,000
            LD
            UFA - 2
            $4,500,000$4,500,000
            RD
            M-NTC
            UFA - 3
            $900,000$900,000
            G
            UFA - 1
            $1,700,000$1,700,000
            LD
            UFA - 1
            $3,000,000$3,000,000
            RD
            M-NTC
            UFA - 2
            $787,500$787,500
            G
            UFA - 2
            $1,200,000$1,200,000
            LD/RD
            UFA - 1
            $2,500,000$2,500,000
            RD
            UFA - 2
            $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
            LD/RD, LW
            RFA - 1
            ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
            $8,000,000$8,000,000
            LD
            UFA - 7
            $4,687,500$4,687,500
            G
            M-NTC
            UFA - 3
            $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
            C
            RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
            • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
            Mar. 25, 2022 at 9:56 p.m.
            Price for Olofsson would probably be a second.
            Hii and OldNYIfan liked this.
            Mar. 25, 2022 at 9:59 p.m.
            Hii
            Quoting: Greysuits

Quoting: Greysuits

Thanks, wasn't sure but I don't think he'd be who the Sens go for but if they lose out on FIala who despite my desire not to trade for him seems to be the ideal option for most people on the platform. I think he'd be an interesting option next to Stutzle though.
            OldNYIfan liked this.
            Mar. 25, 2022 at 10:01 p.m.
            What in tarnation
            Kunin is your average bottom-to-mid-6 forward, maybe slightly better defensively than offensively in the game. Tolvanen is more offensive kinda guy with a great shot, able to play PP as well. Reckon Kunin will cost you a 2nd rounder or something like that, Tolvanen more than that. Maybe two seconds or a low first?

Given that Farabee was just signed long-term I don't think he's available, but Konecny might be. I could in theory see OTT make a move towards him similar to what they did with Bobby Ryan in 2013, spending two prospects and a first for the guy. I reckon that's the price for Konecny, too. PHI is going to retool whether they want or not because that core is not able to give them any success whatsoever.

Don't think Bjorkstrand's available either. He's of great importance to Columbus. Same applies to Marchenko. Bemström though could be available as he is a bit stuck in that system...maybe a prospect+3rd rounder works here?

Kubalik is likely ending up as UFA so technically you don't have to pay anything for him. His QO is higher than his performance warrants so it's likely that CHI will not be qualifying him. But I don't think they'll be moving Kurashev now unless the move makes them better now.

As for Olofsson, I think he and Tolvanen have same kind of playstyle and price. Olofsson is older and more established to a role, but he's bound to be more expensive too. BUF needs a RHD so maybe Thomson or Bernard-Docker could go the other way in return?
            Hii and OldNYIfan liked this.
            Mar. 25, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
            Hii
            Quoting: justaBoss
            Kunin is your average bottom-to-mid-6 forward, maybe slightly better defensively than offensively in the game. Tolvanen is more offensive kinda guy with a great shot, able to play PP as well. Reckon Kunin will cost you a 2nd rounder or something like that, Tolvanen more than that. Maybe two seconds or a low first?

Given that Farabee was just signed long-term I don't think he's available, but Konecny might be. I could in theory see OTT make a move towards him similar to what they did with Bobby Ryan in 2013, spending two prospects and a first for the guy. I reckon that's the price for Konecny, too. PHI is going to retool whether they want or not because that core is not able to give them any success whatsoever.

Don't think Bjorkstrand's available either. He's of great importance to Columbus. Same applies to Marchenko. Bemström though could be available as he is a bit stuck in that system...maybe a prospect+3rd rounder works here?

Kubalik is likely ending up as UFA so technically you don't have to pay anything for him. His QO is higher than his performance warrants so it's likely that CHI will not be qualifying him. But I don't think they'll be moving Kurashev now unless the move makes them better now.

As for Olofsson, I think he and Tolvanen have same kind of playstyle and price. Olofsson is older and more established to a role, but he's bound to be more expensive too. BUF needs a RHD so maybe Thomson or Bernard-Docker could go the other way in return?

Thanks man, I wish I could like that 10 times, I knew Bjorkstrand wasn't available by the way, I just love the way he playes. I'd be really interested in Tolvanen if he was available but I'd really like to see Nash fans thoughts on that cause I don't think that'd he will be. I'd also take a one year flyer on Kubalik to see that if playing with better linemates creates better results. The fact that he wasn't traded though is interesting as I though that they might ship him out for a return but either no one offered which is more likely or that he wasn't available.
            justaBoss and OldNYIfan liked this.
            Mar. 25, 2022 at 10:14 p.m.
            What in tarnation
            Quoting: Hii
            Thanks man, I wish I could like that 10 times,

Don't you worry about that, you could say I've got enough likes lol.

I knew Bjorkstrand wasn't available by the way, I just love the way he playes. I'd be really interested in Tolvanen if he was available but I'd really like to see Nash fans thoughts on that cause I don't think that'd he will be.

Well let's ask one. @gmgb

What do you think is Tolvanen's value?

I'd also take a one year flyer on Kubalik to see that if playing with better linemates creates better results. The fact that he wasn't traded though is interesting as I though that they might ship him out for a return but either no one offered which is more likely or that he wasn't available.

I think Kubalik could be a fit in Ottawa...maybe? Just wonder if Melnyk is willing to pay.
            OldNYIfan and Hii liked this.
            Mar. 25, 2022 at 11:31 p.m.
            Once a Kings Fan Too
            Edited Mar. 26, 2022 at 1:38 a.m.. Reason: added clarification
            Well let's ask one. gmgb

Let's ask two more* highly respected Predators adherents
            @villenash
            @GeauxPreds1

* "more" as in "additional," not "more highly respected than gmgb"!
            justaBoss, Hii and villenash liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 12:02 a.m.
            Lets go Preds
            Quoting: OldNYIfan
            Let's ask two more highly respected Predators adherents
            villenash
            GeauxPreds1

I don’t think tolvanen will be available right after signing that nice team friendly contract. But if he was i don’t think poile would want picks. Poile has always favored prospects over picks. Tolvanen hasn’t really looked out of place in our top 6. He has an awesome shot that I wish we seen more. The last couple years in the ahl they made him focus more on his defensive game and he’s became more physical which I don’t think is a bad thing but I think he needs to focus more on the offensive skill that got him drafted in the 1st round. Poile probably values tolvanen higher than most gms so I don’t see him being traded. I could see him being packaged for a better top 6 player but the chances of that happening are slim. As far as kunin. He’s a great physical defensive forward with some offensive upside that comes in spurts. In my opinion I don’t think he deserves to be in our top 6 because Tomasino has shown way more than him and he actually is a line driver. I don’t think kunin would be sold for picks either though but maybe packaged as well or for a prospect.
            OldNYIfan, gmgb, Hii and 1 other person liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 12:03 a.m.
            Kyle from Chicago
            Would trade Kubalik for either Tampas second or OTT’s 3rd.
            Hii liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 12:52 a.m.
            Bjorkstrand and Marchenko are off limits unless is a major overpay, as for Bemstrom, you could probably get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick.
            OldNYIfan, Hii and Viqsi liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 9:12 a.m.
            Don't you worry about that, you could say I've got enough likes lol.

Well let's ask one. gmgb

I think Kubalik could be a fit in Ottawa...maybe? Just wonder if Melnyk is willing to pay.

I don't see NSH being eager to trade either Tolvanen or Kunin before they have Forsberg re-signed. Maybe in a package for a more established winger, but they probably don't deplete the depth they have if FF coming back isn't a sure thing.

Of the two, I'd say Kunin is definitely more likely to get moved. Jeannot and Trenin have both blossomed into the kind of player the Preds were hoping for when they traded for Kunin. I still imagine NSH values him fairly highly though. My best guess would be a 2nd+ if OTT was looking to move TBL's pick, or maybe just the 2nd if it's OTT's own 2022 2nd.

Tolvanen would likely be in the mid-1st value range. OTT doesn't have one of those, and presumably their own pick would be too high in the draft for the Sens to consider moving it. So we'd have to get more creative there.

When it comes to prospects, NSH's biggest needs are RD that are fairly close to NHL ready, and centers (preferably a few years away, as there's a bit more of a logjam down the middle). Looking at the Sens' prospect pool, I'd imagine Bernard-Docker and Lassi Thomson would be the most interesting to NSH. OTT doesn't seem to be that deep in center prospects, but maybe Ostapchuk is someone the Preds would like? I don't know much about him TBH, but he's big. John Hynes likes a big, physical, roster, if that hasn't been evident to anyone watching the Preds absolutely bully their way through their games this year.
            Hii, OldNYIfan, villenash and 1 other person liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 9:37 a.m.
            Hii
            Quoting: gmgb
            I don't see NSH being eager to trade either Tolvanen or Kunin before they have Forsberg re-signed. Maybe in a package for a more established winger, but they probably don't deplete the depth they have if FF coming back isn't a sure thing.

Of the two, I'd say Kunin is definitely more likely to get moved. Jeannot and Trenin have both blossomed into the kind of player the Preds were hoping for when they traded for Kunin. I still imagine NSH values him fairly highly though. My best guess would be a 2nd+ if OTT was looking to move TBL's pick, or maybe just the 2nd if it's OTT's own 2022 2nd.

Tolvanen would likely be in the mid-1st value range. OTT doesn't have one of those, and presumably their own pick would be too high in the draft for the Sens to consider moving it. So we'd have to get more creative there.

When it comes to prospects, NSH's biggest needs are RD that are fairly close to NHL ready, and centers (preferably a few years away, as there's a bit more of a logjam down the middle). Looking at the Sens' prospect pool, I'd imagine Bernard-Docker and Lassi Thomson would be the most interesting to NSH. OTT doesn't seem to be that deep in center prospects, but maybe Ostapchuk is someone the Preds would like? I don't know much about him TBH, but he's big. John Hynes likes a big, physical, roster, if that hasn't been evident to anyone watching the Preds absolutely bully their way through their games this year.

Thanks, I didn't think Tolvanen was available but I wanted to know about Kunin because ideally Ottawa could use a shooter for Stutzle and I though of Tolvanen, but totaly agree about you're values. Thanks, man. Tolvanen also probably gets one more year to see if he is as good as he was showed last year to before he is moved if he is moved. Kunin probably isn't interesting to use then, as we have similar players and probably don't need him.
            gmgb and OldNYIfan liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
            Hii
            Quoting: Ajp_18
            Bjorkstrand and Marchenko are off limits unless is a major overpay, as for Bemstrom, you could probably get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

K, thanks, I knew Bjorkstrand wasn't available just loved the way he playes, what's up with Marchenko anyway, what type of player is he. Also thanks for the Bemstromm evaluation but he might also be shipped off to get a bigger fish like in a Kevin Fiala trade. (Not saying that will happen.)
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
            Hii
            Quoting: Kyle_Davidson
            Would trade Kubalik for either Tampas second or OTT’s 3rd.

Yeah, that's what I think his value is, would you do Bostons third assuming they get knocked out in the first round? Plus maybe like a seventh in next years draft?
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 9:42 a.m.
            Hii
            Quoting: GeauxPreds1
            I don’t think tolvanen will be available right after signing that nice team friendly contract. But if he was i don’t think poile would want picks. Poile has always favored prospects over picks. Tolvanen hasn’t really looked out of place in our top 6. He has an awesome shot that I wish we seen more. The last couple years in the ahl they made him focus more on his defensive game and he’s became more physical which I don’t think is a bad thing but I think he needs to focus more on the offensive skill that got him drafted in the 1st round. Poile probably values tolvanen higher than most gms so I don’t see him being traded. I could see him being packaged for a better top 6 player but the chances of that happening are slim. As far as kunin. He’s a great physical defensive forward with some offensive upside that comes in spurts. In my opinion I don’t think he deserves to be in our top 6 because Tomasino has shown way more than him and he actually is a line driver. I don’t think kunin would be sold for picks either though but maybe packaged as well or for a prospect.

Thanks, maybe a change of scenery would help Kunin out a bit but I don't think Ottawa will go for him then unless they really like him. I also don't think Nash would deal him because there not to deep on the wing, corret? Thanks for the information though, I totatlly agree with you're evalutaion of Eeli Tolvanen. I think that Ottawa would like the physicallity of Kunin though.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
            Hii

I think that if they didn't qualify him and he left in free agency or if they acquired him (which might be for less than the market) then it would be a one year prove yourself cause Ottawa can't get dead cap long term as they have to sign their young stars.
            justaBoss liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.
            Quoting: OldNYIfan
            Let's ask two more* highly respected Predators adherents
            villenash
            GeauxPreds1

* "more" as in "additional," not "more highly respected than gmgb"!

@GeauxPreds1 and @gmgb have already given great takes on this, so I'm not sure I can add much more to this-- I'll try to keep it simple.

Tolvanen only moves if it's part of a larger package for an established, 60+ point top 6 winger. He has a cheap contract for 2 more years and is playing great defensively-- just needs to find his offensive game again. He's still very young though, so I don't think they give up on him yet.

Kunin could be moved depending on what NSH does in FA this summer. I agree with gmgb that he's more likely to move than Tolvanen-- probably the most likely winger on the team, imo. It'll be interesting to see what he signs for this summer-- that could be very telling as to what the plan is moving forward.

If NSH were to trade either of them, I could see them looking for RD or C prospects as well as top 6 wingers. Other than that, 1st/2nds-- but as GeauxPreds1 pointed out, Poile tends to looks for prospects over picks.

They're both young though (and Kunin wasn't a cheap acquisition), so I think Poile opts to see if they can come back stronger next season-- I'd say Kunin has the shorter leash though.
            OldNYIfan, Hii, gmgb and 1 other person liked this.
            Mar. 26, 2022 at 8:25 p.m.
            Kyle from Chicago
            Yeah, that's what I think his value is, would you do Bostons third assuming they get knocked out in the first round? Plus maybe like a seventh in next years draft?

Nah, got to be in that late second/early third range.

To create a post please Login or Register
            Question:
            Options:
            Add Option
            Submit Poll