Forums/Armchair-GM

Close To Fair Value

Created by: DevilsFanZack13
Team: 2022-23 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 13, 2022
Published: Jun. 13, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Is this close to fair for both sides? Let me know what you guys think.
Trades
WPG
  1. Chytil, Filip
  2. Kakko, Kaapo [RFA Rights]
  3. Lundkvist, Nils
  4. 2023 2nd round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Pick upgrades to 2023 1st round pick if NYR make 2023 Cup Finals and Schiefele plays in 50% of games.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
14$82,500,000$72,866,469$0$3,250,000$9,633,531
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 8
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:12 p.m.
Daryl
Lafreniere and Schneider gets it done. Jets want Quality and NYR is rich at LW and RD both guys are stuck behind players with4+ years remaining
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
Pretty close IMO. I’m not sure WPG but it seems like WPG wants more of a shutdown RHD. Maybe there’s someone else they can target in the league
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
Jet69
Jets decline. 4 quarters may equal a dollar but Jets need a big T4 RHD or T6 RH C and the above doesn’t cut it. Put in a better piece
Jetsdood27 liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:34 p.m.
Quoting: DarylMcNeckHead
Lafreniere and Schneider gets it done. Jets want Quality and NYR is rich at LW and RD both guys are stuck behind players with4+ years remaining

The Rangers sprint the other way lol. Not worth it.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:37 p.m.
Daryl
Quoting: Kap97
The Rangers sprint the other way lol. Not worth it.

In theory both players do have high potential. Scheifele is cost effective PPG center which the rangers are weak in. Will laffy and Schneider hit their ceiling playing 12 mins a night?
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:50 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Keep Lundkvist and the 2nd and put Lafreniere in there, want that line!!!
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:53 p.m.
Rangers don't need a locker room cancer that doesn't play D and already have a better 1C named Mika. PASS.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:55 p.m.
In theory both players do have high potential. Scheifele is cost effective PPG center which the rangers are weak in. Will laffy and Schneider hit their ceiling playing 12 mins a night?

Rangers need a center true but I don't think he's a fit when you take into consideration character, cap hit/term, and age.

And Gallant said today that Laf will be in the top 6 and on the PP next year.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 7:56 p.m.
Quoting: delneggs
Rangers don't need a locker room cancer that doesn't play D and already have a better 1C named Mika. PASS.

Isn't it funny that Jets fans are so eager to trade Scheifele away but simultaneously act like he's worth half the Rangers roster lol
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 8:06 p.m.
Isn't it funny that Jets fans are so eager to trade Scheifele away but simultaneously act like he's worth half the Rangers roster lol

Isn't it though. Like Vancouver fans who post JT Miller trades to the Rangers all day long and expect a kings ransom for a player they can only keep for 1 year. They want the MAX return for him but keep trying to trade him to a team that won't pay that price for a rental. Silly people.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 8:09 p.m.
Not close to fair value. A pile of left overs doesn't get you a PPG 1C.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 8:14 p.m.
Daryl
Rangers need a center true but I don't think he's a fit when you take into consideration character, cap hit/term, and age.

And Gallant said today that Laf will be in the top 6 and on the PP next year.

He can say that but is he playing top 6 over Kreider and Panarin who are committed long term? I just dont see where hes going to get his minutes and if he finishes next season with under 50 points people will label him a bust.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 8:21 p.m.
MGITBPITNHL
Quoting: Windjammer
Not close to fair value. A pile of left overs doesn't get you a PPG 1C.

Leftovers? -_-

Scheifele isn’t even better than Zibanejad. This is fair value. If Jets decline it would be because the Rangers in return don’t have the traits or scheme fits Winnipeg desires.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 8:31 p.m.
Quoting: Masonh618
Leftovers? -_-

Scheifele isn’t even better than Zibanejad. This is fair value. If Jets decline it would be because the Rangers in return don’t have the traits or scheme fits Winnipeg desires.

Of course Scheifele is better than Zibinijad. I don't see Zib with 6 straight PPG seasons. This is a crap offer for a consistent PPG 1C. Kakko is quickly approaching bust territory after getting healthy scratched for a plug. A few hot games by Chytil doesn't erase the last few years of uselessness, he still isn't worth much. Lundqvist is okay, but not needed and the second just shows the OP is trying to troll.

Winnipeg easily turns this down as the value is awful and it meets zero team needs for the Jets.

Go ahead and send out this same offer for a few other 1C's, you probably won't get any replies as polite as this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 8:36 p.m.
Benzino204
Rangers fans and Jets fans have been fighting about Scheifele's value since the end of the season, It's comical at this point.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 8:53 p.m.
MGITBPITNHL
Of course Scheifele is better than Zibinijad. I don't see Zib with 6 straight PPG seasons. This is a crap offer for a consistent PPG 1C. Kakko is quickly approaching bust territory after getting healthy scratched for a plug. A few hot games by Chytil doesn't erase the last few years of uselessness, he still isn't worth much. Lundqvist is okay, but not needed and the second just shows the OP is trying to troll.

Winnipeg easily turns this down as the value is awful and it meets zero team needs for the Jets.

Go ahead and send out this same offer for a few other 1C's, you probably won't get any replies as polite as this.

I’m talking about the present brother, not the past. Of course Scheifele’s career is better lmao. Scheifele is a classic one way center that doesn’t provide freaking anything for you on defence.

I literally saw Buffalo fans accepting this offer for Jack Eichel last summer. So yeah, I had more polite and practical responses than yours. You still can’t learn that a prototypical bust is Kristian Vesalainen, not Kaapo Kakko.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 10:02 p.m.
Quoting: Masonh618
I’m talking about the present brother, not the past. Of course Scheifele’s career is better lmao. Scheifele is a classic one way center that doesn’t provide freaking anything for you on defence.

I literally saw Buffalo fans accepting this offer for Jack Eichel last summer. So yeah, I had more polite and practical responses than yours. You still can’t learn that a prototypical bust is Kristian Vesalainen, not Kaapo Kakko.

Other than Scheifele's defensive problems being massively overplayed now, when he has shown in the past with good team defense systems he can be very good. It also isn't the past with his scoring, he's has 6 consecutive PPG seasons, including this one which was a very down year for him.

The difference began the Eichel situation and Scheifele's is, Scheifele isn't seriously injured, Scheifele isn't demanding a surgery that had never been done on a hockey player before, he hasn't said he'll never play for the team again, he hadn't demanded a trade and he has a much lower, better value contract.

So, Buffalo was forced into trading Eichel, while the Jets don't have the same pressure with Scheifele for another 2 years.

I agree with Kakko and Ves though. Kakko is a far bigger disappointment being a 2OA pick.

Sorry, there just isn't anything interesting in the offer above for the Jets at all.
Jun. 13, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
He can say that but is he playing top 6 over Kreider and Panarin who are committed long term? I just dont see where hes going to get his minutes and if he finishes next season with under 50 points people will label him a bust.

Will likely see Kreider move to the right side. He's most effective as a net presence anyway, he doesn't need to be on the left side. Probably ends up being Laf-Z-Kreider and then Panarin-Copp/Chytil-Kakko
Jun. 13, 2022 at 10:39 p.m.
MGITBPITNHL
Other than Scheifele's defensive problems being massively overplayed now, when he has shown in the past with good team defense systems he can be very good. It also isn't the past with his scoring, he's has 6 consecutive PPG seasons, including this one which was a very down year for him.

The difference began the Eichel situation and Scheifele's is, Scheifele isn't seriously injured, Scheifele isn't demanding a surgery that had never been done on a hockey player before, he hasn't said he'll never play for the team again, he hadn't demanded a trade and he has a much lower, better value contract.

So, Buffalo was forced into trading Eichel, while the Jets don't have the same pressure with Scheifele for another 2 years.

I agree with Kakko and Ves though. Kakko is a far bigger disappointment being a 2OA pick.

Sorry, there just isn't anything interesting in the offer above for the Jets at all.

Dude, you can't be serious. You're one of the most biased CapFriendly users I've ever encountered.

Scheifele's lack of defence isn't massively overdramatized. Everyone knows his offense output makes his defensive play inconsequential. On the other hand, it doesn't take away from the fact that he's the opposite of a two-way player, which is exactly what Zibanejad molded out into this season. I've seen Scheifele and Zibanejad's career statistics too. Six consecutive years of PPG is impressive, but is it really that much more significant than four straight seasons of 0.9 PPG? No, it's not -- just like how Zibanejad's best season being overwhelmingly better than Scheifele's best season is irrelevant. I want two way 0.9 PPG players over 1.0 PPG one way players.

You also need to calm down with the paranoia over Eichel's surgery. That had zero effect on his trade value with the fact that the acquiring team was already willing to green light his surgery. They didn't care, so it's time to forget considering it a liability. If the Jets shop Scheifele on the trade block and start a rebuild then it would be HELPFUL FOR WINNIPEG if he requested a trade for the benefit of both parties as opposed to threatening Winnipeg to become the next John Tavares. Eichel never said he'd never play again in Buffalo - that was a distorted media headline. He wanted out of Buffalo. Initiating a Winnipeg rebuild equals forcing Schiefele out of Winnipeg for the best of your team's future. You also conveniently ignored the facts that Eichel was only 25 at the time of his trade, meaning that he wasn't past his prime, and that he had guaranteed term. Everyone knows that's far more lucrative than a 29 year old with 2 seasons left. Obviously Scheifele's cap hit was far more valuable, but with the other factors I listed in favor of Eichel, they balance each other out.

Now here's the most ludicrous claim of yours that clearly shows you're not interested in taking negotiating seriously and are just here to try to piss me off. A first round draft pick with 5 points through 3 seasons at age 23 that has already been forced to exile himself to Sweden is a million times more disappointing and a million times bigger of a bust than a first round draft pick with 58 points through 3 seasons at age 21 that is lining up for a bigger role next season. Overall draft pick status is completely meaningless when you're comparing the careers of two players. A 7th rounder with 5 career points in the NHL through 3 seasons is a bust by definition.

If you're not interested in the assets in this trade, that's completely fine. After all, this is a trade that both teams would likely decline anyway. But OP isn't trying to troll. You are. You remind me exactly of delneggs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll