Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Wright, Shane
3$950,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2022 1st round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
Klingberg is reportedly going to be testing the market and someone somewhere is going to pay him a lot of money as a point producing RD. Dallas finances nothing more than 18th overall for Petry who although had an off year finished strong with 20 ish points in his last 25 ish games on the worst team in the league. Dallas fans, if youre gonna tell me petry isnt worth a first and you rather coin flip a pick for a player who most likely wont be ready for 2-3 more years, be my guest.
MTL
  1. 2022 6th round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
Hello Ottawa Fans. Dont worry, youre not trading the 7th overall. The rumor is Montreal has a lot of interest in the 7th pick and Ottawa has some interst in Dvorak and or Anderson. I dont see the fit of Dvorak in Ottawa when yall need a RW or Dman although he is on a pretty nice contract. Anderson would have to be worked into a package of sorts and honestly, i dont see Kent Hughes jumping at the idea of having Andy play against Caufield, Suzuki and other small guys 4 times a year. I doubt this gets done and i think Ottawa takes Savoie or Kemell.
OTT
  1. 2022 6th round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Alexeyev, Alexander
  2. Lapierre, Hendrix
  3. Samsonov, Ilya [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
- The athletic think Alexeyev no longer projects more than a 3rd liner right now
-Lapierre is interesting but still has a lot of work to do before we can truly project him as a 2nd or 3rd liner
-Samsonov is still young and can continue to develop with Price this year as more of a tandem.

im sure washington fans are gonna find a way to roast this and tell me Alexeyev is the next hedman and Lapierre the next Huberdeau but this to me, is the type of move that helps Washington win games now and stay relevant through playoffs.
WSH
  1. Allen, Jake
  2. Dvorak, Christian
  3. 2022 2nd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
-Dvorak can come in the lineup as 2C while Backstrom takes his time to heal up from his injury and surgery. Dvorak comes with Term and a great contract. When Backstrom is back Dvorak can shift to his LW and be a dependable 200 foot winger for cheap.
-Jake Allen comes in to play backup goalie to Vitek
2nd round pick adds to their draft capital this year and can add another potential player for their eventual re-tool/rebuild

50% retained on Allen
EDM
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
This one is really interesting because i literally have no idea who is paying who. Is montreal acquiring Barrie or is Edmonton Dumping him? Literally no clue. This to me whoever could only happen if Petry's money is off the books and even then Montreal wouldnt be helping themselves by adding back 4.5M.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$68,189,999$1,132,500$1,570,000$14,310,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Wright, Shane
$950,000$950,000
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 6, 2022 at 11:52 p.m.
KFTW
Thank you
What_do_i_know liked this.
Jul. 6, 2022 at 11:57 p.m.
It’s not that Petry isn’t worth a first. He’s just not worth a first to Dallas. Anyone who saw the Calgary series understands Dallas is not a contender. At Petrys age he is a player you pick up to get over the hump. Dallas has an aging group of Benn, Seguin, Pavelski, & Suter.

It would be criminally irresponsible for Dallas to give up a 1st for a player who’s decline is right around the corner. It might not be next year but it’s coming.

Never mind the fact that with needing to sign Robertson & Otter. If we picked up Petry with no retention we wouldn’t have any money left over to sign the 5 other players we need to sign.

So no Petry is not worth a 1st for Dallas.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:00 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Edited Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:10 a.m.
I'm not a Dallas fan but Nils a Moron if he gives up a 1 for age 35-37 seaons of a declining Jeff Petry making 6+per who wants the F*** out of Canada and EVERYONE knows it.
Edit" team trading for Petry know they have a Montrel over a barrel If they don't trade Petry and force him to stay away from his Family it will make a lot of non french canadians think seriously about signing the on top of being by far the heaviest taxed market in the NHL
SaucePass liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:00 a.m.
Glep
Quoting: SaucePass
It’s not that Petry isn’t worth a first. He’s just not worth a first to Dallas. Anyone who saw the Calgary series understands Dallas is not a contender. At Petrys age he is a player you pick up to get over the hump. Dallas has an aging group of Benn, Seguin, Pavelski, & Suter.

It would be criminally irresponsible for Dallas to give up a 1st for a player who’s decline is right around the corner. It might not be next year but it’s coming.

Never mind the fact that with needing to sign Robertson & Otter. If we picked up Petry with no retention we wouldn’t have any money left over to sign the 5 other players we need to sign.

So no Petry is not worth a 1st for Dallas.

A more realistic option that Dallas would pay a first for is TDA. He’s younger and better. Difference is is that petry isn’t a racist.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:07 a.m.
Glep
I mean asking for Washingtons top forward prospect in lapierre, their top defensive prospect in alexyev, and a young goalie with tons of potential in samsonov for Christian dvorak Allen and a second isn’t really that smart. The trade you have proposed suggests dvoraks value has increased over the past season. Asking for any teams top prospects at forward and D is almost always getting rejected. Especially if that trade is for Christian Dvorak. Caps keep their prospects 10 times out of 10
vikhodush liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:08 a.m.
Not sure it is the direction they're going to go in but the caps trade is definitely intriguing. Value splits up pretty nicely to Alexeyev/2nd, Lapierre/Dvorak, and Samsonov/Allen. Don't think any of those moves would necessarily be their first choice but certainly the value is fair and good options.
What_do_i_know and Andy_Dick liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:11 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Quoting: Hurricanes73
A more realistic option that Dallas would pay a first for is TDA. He’s younger and better. Difference is is that petry isn’t a racist.
or a homophobe
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:23 a.m.
Glep
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
or a homophobe

Or a POS in general
Boltsradynasty liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:25 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
Or a POS in general

pretty much why TB got rid of him for a late second 1 year after drafting him in the mid first
Jul. 7, 2022 at 12:57 a.m.
I mean asking for Washingtons top forward prospect in lapierre, their top defensive prospect in alexyev, and a young goalie with tons of potential in samsonov for Christian dvorak Allen and a second isn’t really that smart. The trade you have proposed suggests dvoraks value has increased over the past season. Asking for any teams top prospects at forward and D is almost always getting rejected. Especially if that trade is for Christian Dvorak. Caps keep their prospects 10 times out of 10

i dont think that Lapierre is their top forward prospect, that would be connor Mcmichael to me. I also dont think his value increased but i also dont believe he lost that much value. Almost any player on the habs with the exception of Gallagher seem to have a "you were on the worst team in the nhl" pass and teams recognize it was an anomaly that these players were on the most injured roster in NHL history. Lapierre looks like a decent prospect but then again hes a nice prospect in one of the worst pools in the NHL and seems to still need atleast a season in the AHL to develop his game to a pro hockey level. Dvorak brings you certainty at center then is able to transition to the wing when and if Backstrom returns. Alexeyev being their top D prospect also is not accurate to me as Iorio and Ferharvary seem to have higher ceilings and in one case already played nearly a full season in the NHL.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 1:07 a.m.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 1:08 a.m.

TDA to me is a very different player than Petry. Petry can eat up 26 minutes a night and play a reasonably defensively sound game as a smooth skating point getting, 6'3 dman. DeAngelo averages closer to 20 minutes a night as an undersized Dman who had 20 of his 51 points coming from the powerplay. His off ice issues aside, DeAngelo will command atleast as much if not more money than Petry as this league seems to throw whatever money at RHD. Aditionally, his trade would probably have to be a sign and trade with Carolina that will most likely cost you more than just a 1st. Sooner than later people are going to realize that 6.5 million for Petry who although 34 had 4 straight 10+ goals 40+ point seasons + his size + his ability to play massive minutes is not as bad as a contract as its made out to be.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 1:14 a.m.
Glep
Quoting: What_do_i_know
i dont think that Lapierre is their top forward prospect, that would be connor Mcmichael to me. I also dont think his value increased but i also dont believe he lost that much value. Almost any player on the habs with the exception of Gallagher seem to have a "you were on the worst team in the nhl" pass and teams recognize it was an anomaly that these players were on the most injured roster in NHL history. Lapierre looks like a decent prospect but then again hes a nice prospect in one of the worst pools in the NHL and seems to still need atleast a season in the AHL to develop his game to a pro hockey level. Dvorak brings you certainty at center then is able to transition to the wing when and if Backstrom returns. Alexeyev being their top D prospect also is not accurate to me as Iorio and Ferharvary seem to have higher ceilings and in one case already played nearly a full season in the NHL.

Better center options for the caps in free agency tho. Mcmichael isn’t a prospect anymore, he played 68 games last season. Ferharvary also isn’t a prospect, he played 79 games. Tbh there is no need for Washington to make this trade where they lose their top forward prospect and top defensive prospect to get “center stability” when it can easily be found in free agency. They have been linked to trocheck who is probably the best fix right now. There’s malkin, giroux, Bergeron, trocheck, strome, and kadri all as center options this free agency class. They don’t even really need to sign any of them because the player you view as their top prospect (Connor mcmichael). Plays center and going into his sophomore season he will be getting an elevated role. Ideally he slides into the 2C while backstrom is injured and moved to 3C when he gets better as opposed to signing a player or trading for one and having him slide to 4C when backstrom is healthy. He was drafted as a center and forced to play wing but he should be developed as a center. It simply does not make sense for the caps to do this trade in any manner
Jul. 7, 2022 at 1:25 a.m.
Glep
TDA to me is a very different player than Petry. Petry can eat up 26 minutes a night and play a reasonably defensively sound game as a smooth skating point getting, 6'3 dman. DeAngelo averages closer to 20 minutes a night as an undersized Dman who had 20 of his 51 points coming from the powerplay. His off ice issues aside, DeAngelo will command atleast as much if not more money than Petry as this league seems to throw whatever money at RHD. Aditionally, his trade would probably have to be a sign and trade with Carolina that will most likely cost you more than just a 1st. Sooner than later people are going to realize that 6.5 million for Petry who although 34 had 4 straight 10+ goals 40+ point seasons + his size + his ability to play massive minutes is not as bad as a contract as its made out to be.

You are misinformed about deangelos contract. The only way he is cheaper than petry is if Montreal retains on petry. He should command around 5 mil. Petry also was not on pace for a 10 goal 40 point season last season. Don’t say he gets the “worst team in the league pass”. That doesn’t exist. 2018 jack eichel is the example. Sabres we’re far and away the worst team in the league. Eichel was still PPG. Petry is beginning to fall off and it is league wide knowledge. Petry playing 26 minutes a night doesn’t help his case for falling off offensively. He had his worst offensive season in years while playing 26 minutes a night? Does that show signs of play decay? He’s just going to get worse and don’t be surprised if he is not moved before the start of the season his value goes down. Petry is not worth what you say he is and the stats show it.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 1:43 a.m.
Better center options for the caps in free agency tho. Mcmichael isn’t a prospect anymore, he played 68 games last season. Ferharvary also isn’t a prospect, he played 79 games. Tbh there is no need for Washington to make this trade where they lose their top forward prospect and top defensive prospect to get “center stability” when it can easily be found in free agency. They have been linked to trocheck who is probably the best fix right now. There’s malkin, giroux, Bergeron, trocheck, strome, and kadri all as center options this free agency class. They don’t even really need to sign any of them because the player you view as their top prospect (Connor mcmichael). Plays center and going into his sophomore season he will be getting an elevated role. Ideally he slides into the 2C while backstrom is injured and moved to 3C when he gets better as opposed to signing a player or trading for one and having him slide to 4C when backstrom is healthy. He was drafted as a center and forced to play wing but he should be developed as a center. It simply does not make sense for the caps to do this trade in any manner

Except none of those options are realistic contracts you can slide on the wing for when backstrom returns? Trochek is gonna sign for 6.5-6M +, malkin is un-reliable with injuries, bergeron isnt leaving boston, kadri too expensive. If you have eller or Mcmichael playing 2C that is automatically one of the worst center groups in the league and you dont even know how long or if on backstrom. If he ends up coming back around christmas or january lets say then you have a 4.3M 200 foot guy on your wing just like Colorado just payed what came out to be basically a 1st and 2nd in being Lehkonen and he couldnt even play center.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 1:47 a.m.
You are misinformed about deangelos contract. The only way he is cheaper than petry is if Montreal retains on petry. He should command around 5 mil. Petry also was not on pace for a 10 goal 40 point season last season. Don’t say he gets the “worst team in the league pass”. That doesn’t exist. 2018 jack eichel is the example. Sabres we’re far and away the worst team in the league. Eichel was still PPG. Petry is beginning to fall off and it is league wide knowledge. Petry playing 26 minutes a night doesn’t help his case for falling off offensively. He had his worst offensive season in years while playing 26 minutes a night? Does that show signs of play decay? He’s just going to get worse and don’t be surprised if he is not moved before the start of the season his value goes down. Petry is not worth what you say he is and the stats show it.

We really comparing 34 year old petry to 24 year old Eichel?

Yikes.

The only way deangelo sign for 5M is if his contract is for 1 year then hes a UFA. No one is trading a 1st for that.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 2:04 a.m.
Banned
Thank you for the Anderson realistic take. The disconnect from Ottawa fans is unreal. The Habs are one of the smallest teams in the league and were looking for size for years. Even IF Anderson isnt a need on the Sens, he's a massive need on the Habs. And, despite whatever random stat you want to bring into the equation from dorks like jfresh that isnt backed up by anything rationally explained, the fact remains he creates room on the ice and was a huge factor in Caufield's turnaround to end the season.

And, the draft hype is unreal.
I've never seen so many ppl hype up a 7th OA pick in a draft known to have as much deviation as 20 spots between teams lists with the same players in the first round, most here think every 1st round player is a guaranteed top6 or top4 when this draft looks to be a 2011 or 2014 with Tyler Biggs and Sven Bartschis appearing in the middle of those 1st round drafts.

Who ended being the best player in 2014? Brayden Point in the 3rd round.

That will be more of the same here. As many pundits have said the best player likely will fall outside the top 5 when all things are said and done, simply because of the lack of development due to covid. Moving up from 26 to 7OA is hardly a game changer and why Ottawa's scout GM is looking to move the pick in the 1st place,. The only real value of a 7OA is the ELC contract potential but the promise is only that promise. The likelihood it amounts to a power forward like Anderson isn't likely. You have Slafkovsky touted with the same tools that only scored 5 goals in Liiga which is historically low when players like Armia scored 16 goals in his draft season as a number 11OA
Jul. 7, 2022 at 2:12 a.m.
Glep
We really comparing 34 year old petry to 24 year old Eichel?

Yikes.

The only way deangelo sign for 5M is if his contract is for 1 year then hes a UFA. No one is trading a 1st for that.

Again, you are misinformed about deangelo. The notion is is that the canes are trying to pay in the 4s and he wants 5 minimum. Also I am not comparing a 34 year old defenseman to a 21 at the time forward. I was using it as an example that negates the concept of the “worst team in the league pass”. I made that point to show that it’s possible for a teams best players to perform while the team as a whole is awful. You are missing and misinterpreting every single point I am making. Don’t tell me u know more than me in terms of what deangelo is commanding because I follow the canes religiously and I’d think I would have an idea on what’s going on. The classic “I know your players better than you do”. Petry is simply less valuable than deangelo yet will have a higher cap hit at an older age. Don’t talk to me when my arguments are backed by stats and actual information
Jul. 7, 2022 at 2:16 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Very nice job
I like the deals
They're fair and thiught out
What_do_i_know liked this.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 2:22 a.m.
Glep
Except none of those options are realistic contracts you can slide on the wing for when backstrom returns? Trochek is gonna sign for 6.5-6M +, malkin is un-reliable with injuries, bergeron isnt leaving boston, kadri too expensive. If you have eller or Mcmichael playing 2C that is automatically one of the worst center groups in the league and you dont even know how long or if on backstrom. If he ends up coming back around christmas or january lets say then you have a 4.3M 200 foot guy on your wing just like Colorado just payed what came out to be basically a 1st and 2nd in being Lehkonen and he couldnt even play center.

I find it funny how the caps center corps is “one of the worst in the league” of mcmichael or Eller plays there. It’s the pot calling the kettle black. Even with the habs center corps right now, assuming they draft wright which is 50/50 at this point, I would still rather the caps corps where they are missing backstrom for half the season. U are trying to fill a need that can be filled cheaper and I’d argue more effectively from within the caps organization. Just please think before you make trades and devalue the players you are trading for and over value the players you are trading. It comes from a place of delusion.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 7:28 a.m.
Like your comment about Ottawa, if that happens that would be nice for us, but I wouldn't count on it. Perhaps Anderson with something else with NYI for the 13 overall pick seems more logical.
Jul. 7, 2022 at 9:19 a.m.

I think if they are moving Lapierre, which is a big if, going all in for Miller is a better option. I like Dvorak, but he is not the same player Lekkhonen is and was statistically worse than replacement level defensively last year. And I get that hes played on bad teams, but as with guys like Ristolainen at a certain point maybe part of the reason the team is bad is because Dvorak is playing big minutes for them. Yea they probably aren't going to really be competing with McMichael at 2c, but its pretty clear from the last 3 years that they wouldn't necessarily be with Dvorak there either!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll