Matthew Phillips (CGY)
Jesse Puljujarvi (EDM)
Tyce Thompson (NJD)
Yakov Trenin (NSH)
Vitek Vanecek (NJD)
Jake Walman (DET)
Kailer Yamamoto (EDM)
Pavel Zacha (BOS)
AndrewLadd, Devil, DirtyDangle and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
For sure, but even though TBL/BOS/TOR/FLA all got slightly worse, there's still a big gap between them and the rest of the pack. Ottawa's the only one I can see (out of the remaining 4) making the playoffs.

I really like the moves Detroit have made. My only 2 concerns are Chiarot and Hronek in the top 4
KFTW
For sure, but even though TBL/BOS/TOR/FLA all got slightly worse, there's still a big gap between them and the rest of the pack. Ottawa's the only one I can see (out of the remaining 4) making the playoffs.

I really like the moves Detroit have made. My only 2 concerns are Chiarot and Hronek in the top 4
KFTW

Farewell
Quoting: csick

Those are pretty big concerns, IMO. Also, Husso just got a lot of money for someone with one good season under his belt.

(Also, I think you triple-posted)
csick, zk97 and Tintin liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:13 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: aadoyle
Aren't the Bruins missing Carlo, Gryzlyc, McAvoy and Marchand for most of the year

Quoting: Alfie11
That’s like 30 games without 4 of their 8 best players lol

Quoting: aadoyle
Bruins and depth scoring has always been a problem though

Stop making me root for the Bruins Very Angry
AndrewLadd, csick, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Edited Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:36 p.m.
Here are my way to early division rankings for next year (thanks to @PointStamkosVasilevsky219188 for the idea):

Metro

1) Canes
2) Rangers
3) Devils
4) Penguins
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Blue Jackets
6) Capitals
7) Islanders
8) Flyers

The hurricanes and devils got way better, simple as that. I believe the devils have what it takes to make that next step. The rangers will still be a very good team, considering they have the best netminder in the league. I think the penguins make the playoffs for 1 or 2 more years and that’s it. Any team with Mike Sullivan as the head coach has a chance. The blue jackets should be a better team then they were last year, but their defense is too leaky for their goaltending tandem, and I believe that will ultimately be their downfall. Great future for them though. The islanders are old and dreadful to watch, and adding Romanov doesn’t move the needle at all. They have a rookie head coach, and their forward group is too slow (outside of Barzal) to compete for a playoff spot. The flyers are, well the flyers.

Atlantic

1) Panthers
2) Lightning
3) Senators
4) Maple Leafs
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Red Wings
6) Sabres
7) Canadiens
8) Bruins

I still think the panthers are the best team in the division. Paul Maurice was a solid hire, and I absolutely adore the additions of Rudolf Balcers and Colin White. I bet one, if not both, of them breakout. The lightning are the lightning, and the senators had a video game offseason. The Sens d is a little bit of a mess, but they can score with the best of them, and the talbot acquisition was sneaky good. I think the Wings and Sabres will be in it right until the very end, and both teams will have a good enough showing to restore hope in their fanbases. The Habs should be way better than they were last year, but the division is just too stacked for me to put them any higher. The bruins age, injuries and lack of depth will hurt them next year. Their dcore for the first few months of the season when Gryz, McAvoy and Carlo are injured will be the worst in the league. And there is still no guarantee Bergeron and/or Krecji comes back, and I question how effective Krecji would be even if he did come back.

Central

1) Avalanche
2) Stars
3) Wild
4) Blues
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Jets
6) Predators
7) Coyotes
8) Blackhawks

The avalanche will be just as dominant this year as they were last. I think Jake Oettinger is poised for a breakout year, and is a dark horse Vezina candidate. DeBoer also has a tendency to lead teams into the playoffs, how far they get is more of the questions surrounding him. If the Wild do get kaprizov back, they should be fine. Their offseason wasn’t the greatest, but they should be fine. I absolutely did not like the Blues offseason, electing to keep Leddy over Perron. Their defense is kind of a mess in my eyes. Not to mention the fact Tarasenko could still be on the way out. The predators, even with Forsberg back, are such a meh team to me, and they can’t keep up with the best. The coyotes and Blackhawks will Duke it out for Bedard.

Pacific

1) Oilers
2) Kings
3) Golden Knights
4) Flames
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Canucks
6) Kraken
7) Sharks
8) Ducks

The oilers got better this offseason. So did the kings. That’s why they’re 1 and 2 for me. The knights getting healthy should make them a formidable team again, even without Patches. Bryce Cassidy was also a great hire. The flames certainly won’t be as good as they were last year after losing Gudbranson 😉, but they still have a deep roster, and a reigning Vezina candidate. I expect the kraken to get better this year, with Beniers playing a full year and Burakovsky (and potentially Klingberg) joining the squad. The sharks are the islanders of the west, and the ducks should be absolutely dreadful with the losses of Lindholm, Milano, Manson, Getzlaf and potentially Gibson in the last few months. They look like they have a bright future, but they’re still a few years away
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:20 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Here are my way to early division rankings for next year (thanks to PointStamkosVasilevsky219188 for the idea):

Metro

1) Canes
2) Rangers
3) Devils
4) Penguins
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Blue Jackets
6) Capitals
7) Islanders
8) Flyers

The hurricanes and devils got way better, simple as that. I believe the devils have what it takes to make that next step. The rangers will still be a very good team, considering they have the best netminder in the league. I think the penguins make the playoffs for 1 or 2 more years and that’s it. Any team with Mike Sullivan as the head coach has a chance. The blue jackets should be a better team then they were last year, but their defense is too leaky for their goaltending tandem, and I believe that will ultimately be their downfall. Great future for them though. The islanders are old and dreadful to watch, and adding Romanov doesn’t move the needle at all. They have a rookie head coach, and their forward group is too slow (outside of Barzal) to compete for a playoff spot. The flyers are, well the flyers.

Atlantic

1) Panthers
2) Lightning
3) Senators
4) Maple Leafs
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Red Wings
6) Sabres
7) Canadiens
8) Bruins

I still think the panthers are the best team in the division. Paul Maurice was a solid hire, and I absolutely adore the additions of Rudolf Balcers and Colin White. I bet one, if not both, of them breakout. The lightning are the lightning, and the senators had a video game offseason. The Sens d is a little bit of a mess, but they can score with the best of them, and the talbot acquisition was sneaky good. I think the Wings and Sabres will be in it right until the very end, and both teams will have a good enough showing to restore hope in their fanbases. The Habs should be way better than they were last year, but the division is just too stacked for me to put them any higher. The bruins age, injuries and lack of depth will hurt them next year. Their dcore for the first few months of the season when Gryz, McAvoy and Carlo are injured will be the worst in the league. And there is still no guarantee Bergeron and/or Krecji comes back, and I question how effective Krecji would be even if he did come back.

Central

1) Avalanche
2) Stars
3) Wild
4) Blues
5) Jets
6) Predators
7) Coyotes
8) Blackhawks

The avalanche will be just as dominant this year as they were last. I think Jake Oettinger is poised for a breakout year, and is a dark horse Vezina candidate. DeBoer also has a tendency to lead teams into the playoffs, how far they get is more of the questions surrounding him. If the Wild do get kaprizov back, they should be fine. Their offseason wasn’t the greatest, but they should be fine. I absolutely did not like the Blues offseason, electing to keep Leddy over Perron. Their defense is kind of a mess in my eyes. Not to mention the fact Tarasenko could still be on the way out. The predators, even with Forsberg back, are such a meh team to me, and they can’t keep up with the best. The coyotes and Blackhawks will Duke it out for Bedard.

Pacific

1) Oilers
2) Kings
3) Golden Knights
4) Flames
5) Canucks
6) Kraken
7) Sharks
8) Ducks

The oilers got better this offseason. So did the kings. That’s why they’re 1 and 2 for me. The knights getting healthy should make them a formidable team again, even without Patches. Bryce Cassidy was also a great hire. The flames certainly won’t be as good as they were last year after losing Gudbranson 😉, but they still have a deep roster, and a reigning Vezina candidate. I expect the kraken to get better this year, with Beniers playing a full year and Burakovsky (and potentially Klingberg) joining the squad. The sharks are the islanders of the west, and the ducks should be absolutely dreadful with the losses of Lindholm, Milano, Manson, Getzlaf and potentially Gibson in the last few months. They look like they have a bright future, but they’re still a few years away

1) Wow. Bruins dead last in the Atlantic is...bold.

2) I think the Devils need another year. Not quite there yet.

3) Sens have a stacked top 6 and a terrific tandem, but they're not better than the Leafs. At least not yet.

4) Don't be so hard on the Isles. They have a better coach, a terrific goalie and D-core, and normally good forwards who struggled last year. They'll be at least a little bit better.
AndrewLadd, BuFfaLOFaN, A_Habs_fan and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Wow. Bruins dead last in the Atlantic is...bold.

There’s always a surprise or two every year. My take could still age like milk though 😂, we shall see
BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:23 p.m.

3) Sens have a stacked top 6 and a terrific tandem, but they're not better than the Leafs. At least not yet.

4) Don't be so hard on the Isles. They have a better coach, a terrific goalie and D-core, and normally good forwards who struggled last year. They'll be at least a little bit better.

Bruins last is very bold considering the Habs are right there, unless Price is healthy and in god mode, we ain’t winning sh*t
zk97 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:24 p.m.
Farewell
The rangers will still be a very good team, considering they have the best netminder in the league.

NO. THEY. DON'T. Very Angry
BuFfaLOFaN, AndrewLadd, Devil and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:25 p.m.
Here are my way to early division rankings for next year (thanks to PointStamkosVasilevsky219188 for the idea):

Metro

1) Canes
2) Rangers
3) Devils
4) Penguins
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Blue Jackets
6) Capitals
7) Islanders
8) Flyers

Atlantic

1) Panthers
2) Lightning
3) Senators
4) Maple Leafs
PLAYOFF CUTOFF
5) Red Wings
6) Sabres
7) Canadiens
8) Bruins

Central

1) Avalanche
2) Stars
3) Wild
4) Blues
5) Jets
6) Predators
7) Coyotes
8) Blackhawks

Pacific

1) Oilers
2) Kings
3) Golden Knights
4) Flames
5) Canucks
6) Kraken
7) Sharks
8) Ducks

There’s always a surprise or two every year. My take could still age like milk though 😂, we shall see

Would be the most awesome thing to happen.

I'd probably put islandee higher, devil's lower, idk what ur playoff cut line is for the west but I assume blues and flames make it?
AndrewLadd liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:26 p.m.

Best regular season, not best overall.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Best regular season, not best overall.

Even then, Shesterkin has had one-I repeat, one-good season. Maybe he'll overtake Vasi one day. But he's not there yet. (Feel like I'm saying "not there yet" a lot today.)
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jul. 18, 2022 at 12:45 a.m.
I got a feeling Engvall got one year deal because of Knies needing a spot and Bunting needing an extension in 2023.

Also he's to unpredictable with his production
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
Farewell
What made this offseason so terrific (from an unbiased fan's perspective-and I don't mean me, as I'm very much not happy with the moves the Lightning made) is that the good teams got worse and the bad teams got better. Which makes for chaos come the actual season. Which is awesome.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:31 p.m.
Even then, Shesterkin has had one-I repeat, one-good season. Maybe he'll overtake Vasi one day. But he's not there yet. (Feel like I'm saying "not there yet" a lot today.)

His first season was insane, last season was good, then back to insane numbers. He has never proven he is anything other than a great goaltender.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
Farewell
His first season was insane, last season was good, then back to insane numbers. He has never proven he is anything other than a great goaltender.

He's unquestionably, at worst, the second-best in the league. I'm not arguing he's not great-he's elite. I'm just arguing he's not the best.
BuFfaLOFaN and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
WentWughes

zk97 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Would be the most awesome thing to happen.

I'd probably put islandee higher, devil's lower, idk what ur playoff cut line is for the west but I assume blues and flames make it?

Forgot to put the west playoff cutoff, I’ll do that now. And I’m very low on the islanders in case you couldn’t tell by some of my forum posts 😂
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
He's unquestionably, at worst, the second-best in the league. I'm not arguing he's not great-he's elite. I'm just arguing he's not the best.

Yea, and I'd say Vasilevskiy is the best. I was just saying right now I'd think Shesterkin is the best regular season goalie. Vasi is unquestionably the best now, maybe in this century.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:37 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Is he reliable? ( also definitely a winger moving if true )
AndrewLadd, BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:37 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

It’s a tossup honestly, I personally give the edge to Shesty, but I’d get where anyone saying Vasilevsky would be coming from
BuFfaLOFaN and Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
Forgot to put the west playoff cutoff, I’ll do that now. And I’m very low on the islanders in case you couldn’t tell by some of my forum posts 😂

Why does the west feel easy to guess and the east is plain impossible. Like the Canucks and Preds are the only teams out of the playoffs I could see maybe getting in. Otherwise the rest of the teams have holes in 2 many places.

In the east the Sabres, Canadians, and the Flyers are the only realistic teams that have no chance at playoffs. And the Flyers with Hart turning into a good goalie could somehow do it as well.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.

Why does the west feel easy to guess and the east is plain impossible. Like the Canucks and Preds are the only teams out of the playoffs I could see maybe getting in. Otherwise the rest of the teams have holes in 2 many places.

In the east the Sabres, Canadians, and the Flyers are the only realistic teams that have no chance at playoffs. And the Flyers with Hart turning into a good goalie could somehow do it as well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll