$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
UFA - 6
$787,500$787,500
RD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 3
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
I don’t c why Columbus couldn’t get a decent return for Nyquist. Just cause they have to move someone doesn’t mean he’s worthless. Using the Pacioretty trade as an example for any deal is probably a bad idea. McPhee ****ed up and I doubt anyone else will do it again this year.
Civil_Eng_PE liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:12 p.m.
Don't see how Bjorkstrand plays behind Voracek and Nyquist, he's better than both. Buyout Nyquist and you can afford Bean.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:13 p.m.
Not sure we get a 2nd for Bean, but moving him is the smart move imo.

Also isn’t there better options for a 3rd pair LHD then Lindbohm?
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:15 p.m.
Quoting: StarWarsFur
Don't see how Bjorkstrand plays behind Voracek and Nyquist, he's better than both. Buyout Nyquist and you can afford Bean.

Why buyout Nyquist? Just trade him, he does have value.

Also this guy see Bjorkstrand as the odd man out and I’m surprised he didn’t trade him.

Honestly Bean isn’t that good, offensively he is good but he is terrible defensively.
Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: Ajp_18
Why buyout Nyquist? Just trade him, he does have value.

Also this guy hates Bjorkstrand and I’m surprised he didn’t trade him.

Honestly Bean isn’t that good, offensively he is good but he is terrible defensively.

I don't think anyone wants a top-6 only winger that hasn't scored 20 in 5 years. I would say they'd need to retain a 1-2 million, to a team that has a spot open in their top-6. Which is a better option than buying him out so your right to say trade him, but I think at 5.5 million he has negative value. If Vegas couldn't get anything for Pacioretty, I seriously doubt anyone is looking to trade positive assets for Nyquist, especially at his full cap figure. Also sure, Bean isn't great, so if you trade Bean and nyquist (with $ retained) you could even upgrade the team. Maybe a player like Rodrigues or Milano who would compliment the bottom 6 nicely.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
I don't think anyone wants a top-6 only winger that hasn't scored 20 in 5 years. I would say they'd need to retain a 1-2 million, to a team that has a spot open in their top-6. Which is a better option than buying him out so your right to say trade him, but I think at 5.5 million he has negative value. If Vegas couldn't get anything for Pacioretty, I seriously doubt anyone is looking to trade positive assets for Nyquist, especially at his full cap figure. Also sure, Bean isn't great, so if you trade Bean and nyquist (with $ retained) you could even upgrade the team. Maybe a player like Rodrigues or Milano who would compliment the bottom 6 nicely.

Nyquist is very good. The reason he hasn’t been traded is because they are trying to find a way to keep him. He’s on a market value contract. He could be flipped half retained at the TDL for a second easily. Would be a great middle 6 forward on a cup team.

Milano wouldn’t have a spot in the jackets lineup they have too many bottom 6 wingers who are much better.
Ajp_18, Friendly_Cannon and Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:41 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Isles5513
I don’t c why Columbus couldn’t get a decent return for Nyquist. Just cause they have to move someone doesn’t mean he’s worthless. Using the Pacioretty trade as an example for any deal is probably a bad idea. McPhee ****ed up and I doubt anyone else will do it again this year.

It seems the very concept of them *having* to move someone is what makes them essentially worth nothing. It has happened at least twice this year with McDonagh and Pacioretty.

Nyquist is probably more valuable to the team as a third liner than Bean is as a 3LD.

Not sure we get a 2nd for Bean, but moving him is the smart move imo.

Also isn’t there better options for a 3rd pair LHD then Lindbohm?

With only 37.5k left in cap I actually don't think they could do better haha.

The Jackets have far better internal options than Milano and Rodrigues is probably too expensive. If Jarmo can't figure out something fancy then the easiest option is to just move Nyquist with at most a 3rd to get up to over $11 mil in cap space.
Ajp_18, Friendly_Cannon and Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.

Nyquist isn’t a cap dump, 53 points for a solid middle 6 forward is a good number. Goals are important, but they aren’t everything. Patches is also 7 mil on the cap and only played 39 games.

Columbus has too many forwards they need to move some out not bring more in, I can also say with pretty good certainty that Milano isn’t coming back to Columbus.
Not_Isles5513, Friendly_Cannon, squashmaple and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:53 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Nyquist isn’t a cap dump, 53 points for a solid middle 6 forward is a good number. Goals are important, but they aren’t everything. Patches is also 7 mil on the cap and only played 39 games.

Columbus has too many forwards they need to move some out not bring more in, I can also say with pretty good certainty that Milano isn’t coming back to Columbus.

Nyquist is a cap dump imo, but not because he's bad. He's a cap dump because Columbus literally *has* to dump cap. It's the same thing with Kerfoot. Yes, he's a decent player, but the Leafs have to *dump* cap which makes getting rid of him a cap dump. You're simply leveraged into taking a worse return than the player's value if you're not retaining or taking any salary back.
Ajp_18 and Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 1:59 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: dk325
Nyquist is a cap dump imo, but not because he's bad. He's a cap dump because Columbus literally *has* to dump cap. It's the same thing with Kerfoot. Yes, he's a decent player, but the Leafs have to *dump* cap which makes getting rid of him a cap dump. You're simply leveraged into taking a worse return than the player's value if you're not retaining or taking any salary back.
It seems the very concept of them *having* to move someone is what makes them essentially worth nothing. It has happened at least twice this year with McDonagh and Pacioretty.

Nyquist is probably more valuable to the team as a third liner than Bean is as a 3LD.

With only 37.5k left in cap I actually don't think they could do better haha.

The Jackets have far better internal options than Milano and Rodrigues is probably too expensive. If Jarmo can't figure out something fancy then the easiest option is to just move Nyquist with at most a 3rd to get up to over $11 mil in cap space.

I think the NTC’s of MCD and Patch played a role in that.
Friendly_Cannon and Ajp_18 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: Isles5513
I think the NTC’s of MCD and Patch played a role in that.

True, that probably helped degrade their value further. But if we're honest, Nyquist is no Pacioretty or McDonagh so he has less value to degrade.
Not_Isles5513 and Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
I think by moving out nyquist it gives us the cap to sign laine and to pursue a top4 defender as well to replace bean. As we are competing next year, he was too much a liability in the D zone.

Our winger core is solid without nyquist. It’s ironic. Nyquist came in to fill a void left by panarin. Now he’s the odd man out when our new superstar comes in.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
True, that probably helped degrade their value further. But if we're honest, Nyquist is no Pacioretty or McDonagh so he has less value to degrade.

Idk man. He’s got one year left on his deal and has shown little to no regression in his game despite missing the entirety of 20-21 season. He also has no trade protection so he’s not locked into a few locations. Plus has been healthy the majority of the seasons he’s been in cbj outside of the surgery recovery.
Ajp_18 and Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: The_Cannon
Idk man. He’s got one year left on his deal and has shown little to no regression in his game despite missing the entirety of 20-21 season. He also has no trade protection so he’s not locked into a few locations. Plus has been healthy the majority of the seasons he’s been in cbj outside of the surgery recovery.

Yeah, again I don't view Nyquist as a bad player. He's solid. It's literally just the leverage created by *having* to dump cap that is going to make the return next to nothing if not a slight payment to take him. So many teams are in the same situation as Columbus so it's a buyer's market for teams with cap space.
Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
Yeah, again I don't view Nyquist as a bad player. He's solid. It's literally just the leverage created by *having* to dump cap that is going to make the return next to nothing if not a slight payment to take him. So many teams are in the same situation as Columbus so it's a buyer's market for teams with cap space.

Very true however unlike the golden knights with patches or Tampa with mcD. He doesn’t have trade protection where only 6 or whatever teams can place offers. You got the whole darn league to offer him to. I’m sure 5 would take him for free. Now let’s see how many are willing to pay us something.

I see your point, I really do. However I am slightly hopeful we don’t have to pay to dump nyquist.
Not_Isles5513 and Viqsi liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 2:40 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

But he’s a 2nd line winger who was healthy last year and he doesn’t have an NTC to worn around. Idk if I was Buffalo I’d take him for free and flip him at the deadline lol.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 2:41 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: The_Cannon
Very true however unlike the golden knights with patches or Tampa with mcD. He doesn’t have trade protection where only 6 or whatever teams can place offers. You got the whole darn league to offer him to. I’m sure 5 would take him for free. Now let’s see how many are willing to pay us something.

I see your point, I really do. However I am slightly hopeful we don’t have to pay to dump nyquist.

I’d probably trade a 3rd for him considering I’ll get a second for him at the deadline lol
Friendly_Cannon liked this.
Jul. 17, 2022 at 4:51 p.m.
Yegor bomb

this this this and THIS. Gus played every game last year and is a very reliable player. He, at WORST, can be dumped for future considerations. Gus plays hard and still played every game, teams would love to have him and the only reason I believe we haven't traded him yet is cause I believe jarmo is trying to keep him. I think the goal is to move Bean and hopefully stay right on the cap upper bound if we can sign Laine low enough to stay below the cap max.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Jul. 18, 2022 at 8:23 a.m.
Columbus all the way
Also this guy see Bjorkstrand as the odd man out and I’m surprised he didn’t trade him.

Me? You have a long memory. I have done only one armchair gm about trading Bjorky and that was just one idea. All fun and games. It is not like I want to get rid of the guy.

Much better to trade just Bean if that solves our problem

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll