$10,500,000$10,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$8,200,000$8,200,000
RW
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 2
$1,295,000$1,295,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
RFA - 3
$844,167$844,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$425,000$425,000
C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 16, 2022 at 9:09 a.m.
The devils currently have about 73k in cap space available. So tell me how ya think this is gonna work. Also if ya wanna dump silvferberg in a flat cap world with two years left at over five mil, it’s probably gonna cost ya a mid to late first plus a second rounder at the min. Wake up my man, we’re in 2022
Sep. 16, 2022 at 9:28 a.m.
Iceman
Quoting: Erkadurk347
The devils currently have about 73k in cap space available. So tell me how ya think this is gonna work. Also if ya wanna dump silvferberg in a flat cap world with two years left at over five mil, it’s probably gonna cost ya a mid to late first plus a second rounder at the min. Wake up my man, we’re in 2022

First of all, this is for 2023-24 so he’d only have one year left at this point. Second, it’s absolutely possible that Silfverberg can have a major bounce back year in 2022-23, which would pretty much make your ridiculous comment null and void. Third, in case you failed to notice, I anticipate that the cap will go up by $2 million for 2023-24, thus giving every team breathing room. Fourth, the Devils can absolutely afford to take Silfverberg on and still have plenty of cap to spare, especially considering that the only RFAs that they have for next year that will most likely get paid a significant amount will be Jesper Bratt (my estimate is 7 x $7.7 million) and Yegor Sharangovich (my estimate is 5 x $5.1-5.15 million) and outside of that, nobody else would be making more than 3 x $3.5 million (Mackenzie Blackwood). And fifth, there would be an open spot for the Devils to go after a 3rd line scoring right winger who can also play special teams if need be and Silfverberg fits that description if he bounces back. The main problem here it seems is that you thought this was a scenario for this season because you don’t know how to read.
dickie_boon and OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.
Quoting: Bbpagewolf
First of all, this is for 2023-24 so he’d only have one year left at this point. Second, it’s absolutely possible that Silfverberg can have a major bounce back year in 2022-23, which would pretty much make your ridiculous comment null and void. Third, in case you failed to notice, I anticipate that the cap will go up by $2 million for 2023-24, thus giving every team breathing room. Fourth, the Devils can absolutely afford to take Silfverberg on and still have plenty of cap to spare, especially considering that the only RFAs that they have for next year that will most likely get paid a significant amount will be Jesper Bratt (my estimate is 7 x $7.7 million) and Yegor Sharangovich (my estimate is 5 x $5.1-5.15 million) and outside of that, nobody else would be making more than 3 x $3.5 million (Mackenzie Blackwood). And fifth, there would be an open spot for the Devils to go after a 3rd line scoring right winger who can also play special teams if need be and Silfverberg fits that description if he bounces back. The main problem here it seems is that you thought this was a scenario for this season because you don’t know how to read.

My bad. I didn’t see the year. But two mil is also not enough for a team that has to pay Bratt 7-8 mil next year, plus more guys. It is an almost flat cap world in which the devils cannot afford this move. Cannot see silvferberg getting anywhere near bjorkstrand numbers and he got the minimum return. Two mil is still a flat cap world. You will most likely have to dump him for a second rounder. It’s when the cap jumps to 87-88 mil that it won’t be an issue anymore
Sep. 16, 2022 at 9:58 a.m.
Pop Pop
I can't see Detroit doing that. I can't see mahura being all that impactful and as flawed as hronek is he puts up points.
OldNYIfan, mikearky, Billy12Bob and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think that you're a little optimistic on the returns we'd get in those trades. I'd be satisfied to get a fourth for Jakob in his current condition and happy to get Hronek alone for that package.

But the future is bright!
mikearky and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
arky
Wings take on cap dump and older player for a defeneman who does not score and is a defensive liability for a defenseman who also has defensive problems but puts up numbers and a 2nd.

Fat chance, please pick another team.
OldNYIfan, Billy12Bob and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
Iceman
Quoting: mikearky
Wings take on cap dump and older player for a defeneman who does not score and is a defensive liability for a defenseman who also has defensive problems but puts up numbers and a 2nd.

Fat chance, please pick another team.

That “older player” is most likely Tyler Bertuzzi’s replacement when they move on from him and he’s also the perfect veteran to help their young core gain experience and propel the Red Wings back into the playoffs.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 11:59 a.m.
That “older player” is most likely Tyler Bertuzzi’s replacement when they move on from him and he’s also the perfect veteran to help their young core gain experience and propel the Red Wings back into the playoffs.

Anaheim would be lucky to get anything in return for Henrique and if they wanted to move him would likely have to pay a little extra to do so. It's not a knock on Henrique's play but just the cap situation teams are in. We just watched Pacioretty get cap dumped this season and I would argue he is the more effective player. I would actually like to see Henrique to Detroit as he could fill a centre roll for the team next season but I'm not paying to acquire him.
Billy12Bob and mikearky liked this.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 1:48 p.m.
Iceman
Quoting: Lancebmx
Anaheim would be lucky to get anything in return for Henrique and if they wanted to move him would likely have to pay a little extra to do so. It's not a knock on Henrique's play but just the cap situation teams are in. We just watched Pacioretty get cap dumped this season and I would argue he is the more effective player. I would actually like to see Henrique to Detroit as he could fill a centre roll for the team next season but I'm not paying to acquire him.

It all depends on how he plays this season at the end of the day, but if he plays as well as he possibly can, then teams will pay for him. Furthermore, if it stretches on until next year’s trade deadline and he’s playing great, then the chances of the Ducks having to pay to trade him are zero to none and a contending team looking for a vet will in fact overpay to get him albeit under the condition that the Ducks may have to retain salary.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
How the hell did you cap us out that quickly?

I have a problem picking up Pasta and keeping Terry, I think Strome is our 2RW candidate when McTavish takes 2C, he is too good a goal scorer to bury on the third line. Terry either needs to continue to develop into a 1RW or we ship him off to get the 1RW we want.

That's a massive overpay for Bunting. Dude has heart and will go to the dirt areas for his team mates, but a lion share of his points come from being on a line with two super stars on a team that focuses on offense. Tied in with the first objection, I would rather go and get a star 1LW to put with Zegras-Terry, someone like Timo Meier.

Hronek I'm sure is a good pickup, but we can use retention to sweeten the deal for a Henrique trade. @mikearky doesn't know what he is talking about, Rico is not a cap dump, he is an asset rental, he was elite for us last season and put up points worthy of an 8.5 mil salary, while he is being paid less than 6, he is a top 6 scoring forward who can play center and left wing.

I don't see the reason to pick up Sanheim when we have so many defensive LD options internally, one of them has to hit. Even if we pick him up, its likely that UFA salaries are depressed this season dur to the cap.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 4:07 p.m.
Iceman
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
How the hell did you cap us out that quickly?

I have a problem picking up Pasta and keeping Terry, I think Strome is our 2RW candidate when McTavish takes 2C, he is too good a goal scorer to bury on the third line. Terry either needs to continue to develop into a 1RW or we ship him off to get the 1RW we want.

That's a massive overpay for Bunting. Dude has heart and will go to the dirt areas for his team mates, but a lion share of his points come from being on a line with two super stars on a team that focuses on offense. Tied in with the first objection, I would rather go and get a star 1LW to put with Zegras-Terry, someone like Timo Meier.

Hronek I'm sure is a good pickup, but we can use retention to sweeten the deal for a Henrique trade. mikearky doesn't know what he is talking about, Rico is not a cap dump, he is an asset rental, he was elite for us last season and put up points worthy of an 8.5 mil salary, while he is being paid less than 6, he is a top 6 scoring forward who can play center and left wing.

I don't see the reason to pick up Sanheim when we have so many defensive LD options internally, one of them has to hit. Even if we pick him up, its likely that UFA salaries are depressed this season dur to the cap.

How could anyone have a problem with having both Pasta and Terry on the same team? In today’s NHL, you need two top lines to compete. Teams with one top line and one good 2nd line win playoff series, however teams with two top lines and one line that would be a 2nd line on any other team win Cups. Pasta and Zegras together would be insane and McTavish and Terry together would be nasty as well, or you can put Terry with Zegras and Pasta with McTavish. Either way, you have two nasty duos right there. Also, Strome…a goal scorer?? Please. As much as I like the guy, he’s a passer, not a finisher. The dude couldn’t hit the net if his life depended on it and if you don’t believe me, there’s a compilation vid on YouTube of all the missed nets he had this season with the Rangers. I suggest you go and watch it. Besides, Strome would do just fine being the “3rd line” center playing with Vatrano and Perreault. In fact, there’s a lot of potential for good chemistry between that threesome. Strome is the perfect passer to feed the puck to a guy like Perreault who has the ability to become a strong middle 6 goal scorer someday, and Strome and Vatrano obviously played together for the Rangers and while they weren’t on the same line much, the familiarity is there and I do think their styles can work well together. I do agree that Michael Bunting is a big risk and this coming season is going to be a big year for him to try and prove himself, but if he does have as good of a year as he can possibly have, then he’d be a great line mate for Zegras and Pasta. As for Sanheim, the Ducks left side on defense is more quantity than quality to me. We really don’t know if Vaakanainen or Benoit will really be much of anything and by the time Mintyukov is ready, Cam Fowler will be an UFA. The rest of the left D we have, I don’t see becoming much of anything so Sanheim is a nice pickup as far as I’m concerned.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 5:13 p.m.

Henrique is 32 and Hronek is 24 and Hronek is a bit defensively challenged but has had roughly the same production as Henrique. When it come to the veteran presence angle Detroit added Perron and Maatta and both have Stanley Cup wins under their belt.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 5:14 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
How could anyone have a problem with having both Pasta and Terry on the same team? In today’s NHL, you need two top lines to compete. Teams with one top line and one good 2nd line win playoff series, however teams with two top lines and one line that would be a 2nd line on any other team win Cups. Pasta and Zegras together would be insane and McTavish and Terry together would be nasty as well, or you can put Terry with Zegras and Pasta with McTavish. Either way, you have two nasty duos right there. Also, Strome…a goal scorer?? Please. As much as I like the guy, he’s a passer, not a finisher. The dude couldn’t hit the net if his life depended on it and if you don’t believe me, there’s a compilation vid on YouTube of all the missed nets he had this season with the Rangers. I suggest you go and watch it. Besides, Strome would do just fine being the “3rd line” center playing with Vatrano and Perreault. In fact, there’s a lot of potential for good chemistry between that threesome. Strome is the perfect passer to feed the puck to a guy like Perreault who has the ability to become a strong middle 6 goal scorer someday, and Strome and Vatrano obviously played together for the Rangers and while they weren’t on the same line much, the familiarity is there and I do think their styles can work well together. I do agree that Michael Bunting is a big risk and this coming season is going to be a big year for him to try and prove himself, but if he does have as good of a year as he can possibly have, then he’d be a great line mate for Zegras and Pasta. As for Sanheim, the Ducks left side on defense is more quantity than quality to me. We really don’t know if Vaakanainen or Benoit will really be much of anything and by the time Mintyukov is ready, Cam Fowler will be an UFA. The rest of the left D we have, I don’t see becoming much of anything so Sanheim is a nice pickup as far as I’m concerned.

I have a problem with both Terry and Pasta for what it does to our long term cap situation. Frankly, I am not wildly high on Terry as our 1RW, and think Strome will be a perfect fit at 2RW, Terry either needs to show last year wasn't a fluke, or we should look at using him as trade bait to land the big fish we want. Strome as a 20 goal scorer, 50 point player is perfectly suited to the second line. At least if Terry is going to be 2RW we should get him down to a 6-6.5 mil AAV.

The Strome trooper narrative is overblown, its from Rangers fans who are the worst in the league only after Leafs fans for any of their players having the slightest error. He is a good scorer and good setup guy, I think he goes great with McTavish's ability to put pucks in the net, and is a great secondary threat himself. None of your second line are particularly good setup men. You have a sniper with two crash and bang scorers, you would be relying on the defense to be the primary setup guys.

I didn't see Fast on the first blush, I think that's not a wise use of cap space and is overkill for the 4th line. The amount of term you have locked huge sums of cap up to could prevent us from signing our own young star talent unless the cap moves 10+ mil within two seasons after this ACGM.

Drop the Bunting and Fast signings, take 2 mil off Terry's deal, and get Sanheim or another defensively minded 2LW for ~4.5 AAV. For 1LW target Meier, Bertuzzi, Jeannot, Sharangovich, or maybe see if Ross Colton plays himself out of Tampa's budget this year and they can't afford to keep him.

Maybe an idea would be to use Rico and picks to pry a potential star young LW RFA from a team who is in the closing of their compete window.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll