Forums/Armchair-GM

Dadonov

Created by: KingofRnR
Team: 2022-23 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 17, 2022
Published: Oct. 17, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
CGY needs a Top-9 Forward and Kylington is the best Trade Asset to do so. Might consider Drouin 50% Retained, but make it FLA’s 1st Round Pick coming back to offset the Higher Risk/Gamble that Drouin would be

Huberdeau would need to be consulted and give his thumbs up since he knows both players the best
Trades
CGY
  1. Dadonov, Evgeni ($2,500,000 retained)
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (MTL)
MTL
  1. Kylington, Oliver
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$69,412,500$0$200,000$13,087,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$5,900,000$5,900,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$0$0
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$912,500$912,500
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 17, 2022 at 6:54 p.m.
Banned
LMAO you my friend are hilarious!!! Montreal literally has no need for Kylington. We have too many LD already and half of them can play the right side, this makes Kylington obsolete. Also we aren't moving any picks in the case of Drouin, Dadonov, Byron or Monahan (if traded) there will be suitors at the deadline willing to take any of them with retention. We might not get a 1st back but we will get something for them. The most hilarious thing about this thread is you seriously think that Montreal will move an unprotected 1st to move Drouin (half retained) 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Oct. 17, 2022 at 6:59 p.m.
Doesn't make much sense for Montreal. Even if Montreal was interested in Kylington (and I'm skeptical they would be), they would have no interest in him until the offseason, at which point Dadonov would already be traded. They also wouldn't be trading a high 2nd.

Once they get healthier, they'll be fine for LD this season, especially since they don't care about winning.
majormoose007 liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:03 p.m.
You’ve really outdone yourself here. You’ve somehow made a deal that doesn’t make sense for either side! Great work today
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:10 p.m.
Holy H.E. double hockey sticks, the comments in here.

Habs would do this without even thinking twice. I don't see why CGY does though.
KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:25 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: F50marco

Habs would do this without even thinking twice. I don't see why CGY does though.

Retaiting salary AND lowering their lotery chances. A rebuilding team would think twice about it alright.
F50marco liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Oct. 18, 2022 at 1:27 p.m.

Both Drouin & Dadonov have history with Huberdeau and CGY is in search for another Top-9 Forward

Kylington became expendable with the acquisition of Weegar

CGY has trouble bringing in Talent and Sutter is stubborn and refuses to give the Young & Small Guys Opportunities, so we gotta find something via Trade.

Dadonov & Drouin are certainly not my Top Targets, I’d much rather pursue guys like Fabian Zetterlund, Luke Kunin or Ivan Barbashev, but I don’t believe they’re available.

Just looking for cheap options till we can make a bigger move at the deadline. I’m not opposed to taking low cost gambles/risks given the coaching & depth we have
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:34 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: jpsnow13
Retaiting salary AND lowering their lotery chances. A rebuilding team would think twice about it alright.

What are you talking about!? MTL’s going to have to retain on 3 of Monahan, Drouin, Hoffman &/or Dadonov if they want to gain any assets in return for them

My proposal is for either a 2nd if it’s Dadonov or the FLA 1st Round Pick if it’s Drouin and they’d still get CGY’s 2nd as a replacement.

How does that affect their lottery position!? MTL’s still gonna suck this season and can flip Kylington to re-gain more Assets later if they wanted too
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:46 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: KingofRnR
What are you talking about!? MTL’s going to have to retain on 3 of Monahan, Drouin, Hoffman &/or Dadonov if they want to gain any assets in return for them

My proposal is for either a 2nd if it’s Dadonov or the FLA 1st Round Pick if it’s Drouin and they’d still get CGY’s 2nd as a replacement.

How does that affect their lottery position!? MTL’s still gonna suck this season and can flip Kylington to re-gain more Assets later if they wanted too

So you are saying Kylington wouldnt improve the team LOL so why trade for him?

I don't want to argue. MTL want futures or at least not loose acfreakin high pick to dump salary. Deal with it.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:47 p.m.

I think the point you're missing is,

Montreal is retaining on Dadonov, and giving likely a 33 to 36 OA pick in exchange for a player they don't need, or want, and a lower pick.

A rebuilding team would be happier just shipping Dadonov with retention for the 2023 2nd.

Calgary can trade Kylington elsewhere.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:47 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Let's make a deal: Monahan at 50% for Kylington and a 1st
Oct. 17, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
Billy739

The only one not thinking twice about it is you
MTL isnt RS before the TDL when we got 5 pending UFA's to sell
Given the magic Hughes worked to get you ,COL ,EDM and FLA to all over pay
Why would we ever consider this from a business point of view?

You want to dump Kylington to a team who doesnt need him, ok i guess
But the only way that happens is if we can dump our excess in turn
You'd have to take back Hoffman at full salary or no deal
Even then we'd rather Hoffman as atleast he'll get ice time.

Truth is MTL is 1st in line for Waivers
We'll have Kylington for free soon
We're not overly motivated to help CGY out of Charity.
Given what we made you pay for Toffoli you should know it'll cost you
Oct. 17, 2022 at 10:49 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13

Kylington would instantly be the best dman on the Habs current top 6 and is still cheap and young. He can play the right side which is key because Habs are so weak on defense. I think based on if you can add a puck moving young dman poised for bigger minutes for a small price, you do it. Doubt it swings the lottery odds that much to not be worth it. Im doing that any day of the week. Even while trying to rebuild.

Both Drouin & Dadonov have history with Huberdeau and CGY is in search for another Top-9 Forward

Kylington became expendable with the acquisition of Weegar

CGY has trouble bringing in Talent and Sutter is stubborn and refuses to give the Young & Small Guys Opportunities, so we gotta find something via Trade.

Dadonov & Drouin are certainly not my Top Targets, I’d much rather pursue guys like Fabian Zetterlund, Luke Kunin or Ivan Barbashev, but I don’t believe they’re available.

Just looking for cheap options till we can make a bigger. I’ve at the deadline. I’m not opposed to taking low cost gambles/risks given the coaching & depth we have

Drouin and Dadanov aren't what they used to be and quite frankly, even at 50% retained they'll be cheap to acquire at the TDL. Both are not playoff style players and are coming off declining seasons and won't be put in positions to really excel with the habs this year in order to boost their value anyway. They're both not Sutter type guys but either way Im not opposed to acquiring them but I think you are exaggerating the cost. They'll be, as is right now, quite cheap to get. Maybe a 3rd rounder at best. Dadanov more than Drouin. Again, so far.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 10:55 p.m.
Banned
why are habs fans refusing this?! Dadonov is garbage. Tonight was the first game I noticed him
Oct. 17, 2022 at 11:36 p.m.
Banned
Kylington would instantly be the best dman on the Habs current top 6 and is still cheap and young. He can play the right side which is key because Habs are so weak on defense. I think based on if you can add a puck moving young dman poised for bigger minutes for a small price, you do it. Doubt it swings the lottery odds that much to not be worth it. Im doing that any day of the week. Even while trying to rebuild.

Drouin and Dadanov aren't what they used to be and quite frankly, even at 50% retained they'll be cheap to acquire at the TDL. Both are not playoff style players and are coming off declining seasons and won't be put in positions to really excel with the habs this year in order to boost their value anyway. They're both not Sutter type guys but either way Im not opposed to acquiring them but I think you are exaggerating the cost. They'll be, as is right now, quite cheap to get. Maybe a 3rd rounder at best. Dadanov more than Drouin. Again, so far.

You are confused, it affects the Habs lottery odds because the Florida pick is unprotected. If the Panthers miss the playoffs then that is a lottery shot as well. What rebuilding team would give up 2 shots at a top 5 pick? It is ridiculous to say they would.

Drouin and Dadonov aren't what they used to be for sure but they still have value and even if they don't, they are on expiring deals so why pay to dump them 3 months early? Again that is ridiculous, just let their deals expire and keep the picks cause that is what rebuding teams do. We aren't trading for a LD when we have Matheson, Edmundson, Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj who are all NHL quality LD and before you say "well Kylington can play the right side" so can Eddy, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj and we have Savard, Wideman and Kovacevic already and that doesn't include the callups available in Schueneman, Leskinen, Norlinder and Fairbrother who can all play both sides as well. Are you getting the picture as to why Montreal passes yet?
OlegP liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 11:57 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
You are confused, it affects the Habs lottery odds because the Florida pick is unprotected. If the Panthers miss the playoffs then that is a lottery shot as well. What rebuilding team would give up 2 shots at a top 5 pick? It is ridiculous to say they would.

Drouin and Dadonov aren't what they used to be for sure but they still have value and even if they don't, they are on expiring deals so why pay to dump them 3 months early? Again that is ridiculous, just let their deals expire and keep the picks cause that is what rebuding teams do. We aren't trading for a LD when we have Matheson, Edmundson, Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj who are all NHL quality LD and before you say "well Kylington can play the right side" so can Eddy, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj and we have Savard, Wideman and Kovacevic already and that doesn't include the callups available in Schueneman, Leskinen, Norlinder and Fairbrother who can all play both sides as well. Are you getting the picture as to why Montreal passes yet?

Maybe you're confused, there is no trade involving a 1st rounder in this AGM. Whatever is said in the description is not what I was ever talking about and never mentioned once either soooo no once again it ain't effecting the lottery. But yes I do agree, no way the Habs move the Florida 1st. I think I just automatically ignored that part lol.

As for Kylington, Apparently MTL has the best dcore in the league or something? Edmunson is decent and all but often injured, Savard is being asked to do more than he can. We have 3 rookies playing already. Wideman is 7th dman AT BEST, Matheson is gone till December, Kovecevic is just a guy at this point. Other than Matheson, Kylington is the best dman we'd have.

Yeah I'll gladly take Kylington for Dadanov whose only going to return at best a 3rd rounder at the TDL anyway. Kylington is a solid puck moving dman who can help slot everyone else in better and alleviate some of the minutes on guys like Savard who is really struggling right now. Is young enough to be part of the future plans also. Came off a stellar season last year too. Whats not to like here?

Kylington's goal highlight pack last year is a perfect example of what he brings and it may be exactly what the Habs need on the backend IMHO. Thats easily worth a Dadanov and a worse off 2nd rounder than our own. Easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krIeRaethPA
Oct. 18, 2022 at 12:15 a.m.
Banned
Maybe you're confused, there is no trade involving a 1st rounder in this AGM. Whatever is said in the description is not what I was ever talking about and never mentioned once either soooo no once again it ain't effecting the lottery. But yes I do agree, no way the Habs move the Florida 1st. I think I just automatically ignored that part lol.

As for Kylington, Apparently MTL has the best dcore in the league or something? Edmunson is decent and all but often injured, Savard is being asked to do more than he can. We have 3 rookies playing already. Wideman is 7th dman AT BEST, Matheson is gone till December, Kovecevic is just a guy at this point. Other than Matheson, Kylington is the best dman we'd have.

Yeah I'll gladly take Kylington for Dadanov whose only going to return at best a 3rd rounder at the TDL anyway. Kylington is a solid puck moving dman who can help slot everyone else in better and alleviate some of the minutes on guys like Savard who is really struggling right now. Is young enough to be part of the future plans also. Came off a stellar season last year too. Whats not to like here?

Kylington's goal highlight pack last year is a perfect example of what he brings and it may be exactly what the Habs need on the backend IMHO. Thats easily worth a Dadanov and a worse off 2nd rounder than our own. Easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krIeRaethPA

It is in the description that he would swap Drouin for Dadanov by including the Florida 1st. I am sure that is what JPSNOW13 was referring to when he said it would affect the Habs lottery pick and even if its not you don't think adding another proven top 4 D man would affect the play of the team? Matheson-Kylington, Guhle-Savard, Edmundson-Harris that is a really really strong D corps. That would probably be enough to move the Habs from the 3-8 spot in the draft to the 10-16 spot. Then add to it the removal of Dadonov (albeit he looked a bit better in this game) from the forward group and his many costly turn overs so far and you can get a few more points out of just this transaction. The biggest problem I have though is rebuilding teams do not include high picks to move out expiring contracts. Think about it this way, our 2nd rounder is 33-36 (guesstimate) if we include that for the 60-64th pick instead of just accepting a pick in the 40-64 range by retaining on Dadonov at the deadline and potentially screwing with our own lottery position by improving the D corps too early. If Kylington is that good, why is he always the 5-7 D man for Calgary and often scratched for Michael Freaking Stone?!
Oct. 18, 2022 at 12:35 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
It is in the description that he would swap Drouin for Dadanov by including the Florida 1st. I am sure that is what JPSNOW13 was referring to when he said it would affect the Habs lottery pick and even if its not you don't think adding another proven top 4 D man would affect the play of the team? Matheson-Kylington, Guhle-Savard, Edmundson-Harris that is a really really strong D corps. That would probably be enough to move the Habs from the 3-8 spot in the draft to the 10-16 spot. Then add to it the removal of Dadonov (albeit he looked a bit better in this game) from the forward group and his many costly turn overs so far and you can get a few more points out of just this transaction. The biggest problem I have though is rebuilding teams do not include high picks to move out expiring contracts. Think about it this way, our 2nd rounder is 33-36 (guesstimate) if we include that for the 60-64th pick instead of just accepting a pick in the 40-64 range by retaining on Dadonov at the deadline and potentially screwing with our own lottery position by improving the D corps too early. If Kylington is that good, why is he always the 5-7 D man for Calgary and often scratched for Michael Freaking Stone?!

Oh no I thought you meant by what you said about Kylington improving the teams lottery odds. Not what was mentioned in the description. Thats just silly, I didn't even entertain that part lol

As for the other part, man if adding Kylington makes that much of a difference than you have to make it for that reason alone. Means you're getting a really solid player that should be used to improve the team going forward. Plus with injuries, that dcore is never gonna be healthy all at once anyway. Habs are in tough to draft top 5 this year regardless. Lots of teams tanking for Bedard this year too. Habs will still finish bottom 10 regardless of Kylington but at least they'll add a player in a position that is sorely needed with skills that are sorely needed. Habs PP is embarrassing right now. Kylington could actually get the Habs PP going a little. Hell we could even move Kylington later if it doesn't work out. Im sure plenty of teams would love him.

I don't know where you got that last part from but Kylington played all last year in his first full year and wasn't replaced by Stone ever other than a potential swap to change things up but not sure that even happened to be honest.. This year? Kylington is currently injured and on IR. He'd easily be in ahead of Stone despite Stone having a solid start to the year in his place. Kylington is dealing with a killer depth in CGY right now. Andersson, Hanifin, Weegar, Tanev, Zadorov..... not easy to crack that but even than he would at least find himself in the bottom pair with Z. Outside Matheson and Maybe Edmunson when he's on his game, no other Hab Dman even cracks that roster. Kylington is a good player, he's not perfect but he's exactly what we need. Harris, Guhle, Xhekaj aren't PP qtrbacks and we'll still deploying Wideman for some reason. At this point we need somebody who can do the job to help get everyone else's mojo going.

Picks are great and all but we're not even losing a pick, we're just worsening one of them. Easily worth it for Kylington IMO
Oct. 18, 2022 at 1:03 a.m.
Banned
Oh no I thought you meant by what you said about Kylington improving the teams lottery odds. Not what was mentioned in the description. Thats just silly, I didn't even entertain that part lol

As for the other part, man if adding Kylington makes that much of a difference than you have to make it for that reason alone. Means you're getting a really solid player that should be used to improve the team going forward. Plus with injuries, that dcore is never gonna be healthy all at once anyway. Habs are in tough to draft top 5 this year regardless. Lots of teams tanking for Bedard this year too. Habs will still finish bottom 10 regardless of Kylington but at least they'll add a player in a position that is sorely needed with skills that are sorely needed. Habs PP is embarrassing right now. Kylington could actually get the Habs PP going a little. Hell we could even move Kylington later if it doesn't work out. Im sure plenty of teams would love him.

I don't know where you got that last part from but Kylington played all last year in his first full year and wasn't replaced by Stone ever other than a potential swap to change things up but not sure that even happened to be honest.. This year? Kylington is currently injured and on IR. He'd easily be in ahead of Stone despite Stone having a solid start to the year in his place. Kylington is dealing with a killer depth in CGY right now. Andersson, Hanifin, Weegar, Tanev, Zadorov..... not easy to crack that but even than he would at least find himself in the bottom pair with Z. Outside Matheson and Maybe Edmunson when he's on his game, no other Hab Dman even cracks that roster. Kylington is a good player, he's not perfect but he's exactly what we need. Harris, Guhle, Xhekaj aren't PP qtrbacks and we'll still deploying Wideman for some reason. At this point we need somebody who can do the job to help get everyone else's mojo going.

Picks are great and all but we're not even losing a pick, we're just worsening one of them. Easily worth it for Kylington IMO

I just see this as a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" scenario. The Habs D as it is right now is clicking and getting better with each game. Guhle is showing the poise and skill we were hoping for when we drafted him. Always knows what the right move is in every situation it seems. He has shown he knows when to pinch, when to backoff, when to skate it out and when to step up and hit a guy. He I like a young Weber when he played for Nashville but with much more speed. Harris is showing many of the same qualities as Petry had when he first stepped up as our 1D with Weber out. Savard is no one's savior LMAO, and definitely not a top pairing guy but if slotted in the right spot he is effective. Kovacevic is a 4-7 guy nothing special but solid for what he brings, same with Xhekaj. Wideman IMO is a guy who doesn't fit the identity of this team. He brings very little in terms of defense and his offense is spotty at best, basically a Tyson Barrie LOL. Our PP will get sorted out, personally I think we need to try Guhle as the point man cause he has a hell of a bomb if he can unload it. He also has a knack for getting shots through to the net.

My 1st wave is easy Caufield, Suzuki, Gallagher, Drouin, Harris (once Matheson is back he takes Harris)

2nd PP is Monahan, Dach, Anderson, Dadonov, Guhle

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll