Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$81,210,417$1,250,000$2,082,500$1,289,583

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$883,750$883,750 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 13, 2022 at 6:30 a.m.
Kster
Zero chance Leafs move Knies imo. I’m genuinely interested to hear how many teams you think will be interested (enough to make legit offer) in Horvat? I think it’s a smaller number than you’d like, meaning won’t be a ton of competition driving up the price
Brad_Treliving liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 6:31 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: kster34
Zero chance Leafs move Knies imo. I’m genuinely interested to hear how many teams you think will be interested (enough to make legit offer) in Horvat? I think it’s a smaller number than you’d like, meaning won’t be a ton of competition driving up the price

Oh there will be a huge bidding war for Horvat, I guarantee you, most teams need centers, and you don't even come up with any evidence to support your claim of otherwise. Go back and read the title. If Knies isn't available, than Horvat to the Leafs will cost either Liljigren or Niemela +
Dec. 13, 2022 at 6:42 a.m.
Kster
Edited Dec. 13, 2022 at 6:54 a.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Oh there will be a huge bidding war for Horvat, I guarantee you, and you don't even come up with any evidence to support your claim of otherwise. Go back and read the title. If Knies isn't available, than Horvat to the Leafs will cost either Liljigren or Niemela +

Lilligren or Carlo or Girard any other top 4 RHD /D (young & controllable) is strictly fantasy land tears of joy . I know canuckle fans live there year round but literally No CHANCE tears of joy .

I asked which teams? Do some research; any interested team needs to meet several criteria:
1/ legit stanley cup contender; no one wasting significant assets on a rental if no hope of winning this year; prob 8-10 teams
2/ team needs cap space or comfortable moving out current roster piece(s) to fit him; tricky b/c a lot of competitive teams are up against the cap or on ltir (not acquiring space) or winning so don’t want to mess with winning roster
3/ team needs help at centre and can fit Horvat in PP1; a lot of teams are prioritizing D and PP1 lineup set so difficult to justify asset price if he’s playing 3C & PP2

Combining above - not that many teams, imo. Plus when you consider there will be lots of other FA forwards available, I just don’t see that many teams interested enough to go beyond 1st + prospect.
Brad_Treliving, Xqb15a and TJTwolf liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 6:51 a.m.
Why would COL move their top D prospect for a guy that would be the 7th dman? That’s hilariously bad.
turtlemountain and TJTwolf liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 7:59 a.m.
Lol you're not getting Knies
Dec. 13, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
Oh there will be a huge bidding war for Horvat, I guarantee you, most teams need centers, and you don't even come up with any evidence to support your claim of otherwise. Go back and read the title. If Knies isn't available, than Horvat to the Leafs will cost either Liljigren or Niemela +

Did you really just say that it will cost Liljegren, a 23 year old who plays 18+ minutes a night and makes $1.4M for 2 years is going to get traded for a rental?
Dec. 13, 2022 at 8:13 a.m.
Edited Dec. 13, 2022 at 8:18 a.m.
Quoting: Babatunde
Did you really just say that it will cost Liljegren, a 23 year old who plays 18+ minutes a night and makes $1.4M for 2 years is going to get traded for a rental?

And this dude has the nerve to call me the homer 🤣.
BeautifulIdiot and TJTwolf liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 8:18 a.m.
Thegreatdebater

When is the last time a rental brought back a young top 4 dman or a top prospect?
Dec. 13, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
ej15 BYATCH

agreed knies stays
Dec. 13, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
we miss leo k
-Toronto isn't giving up Knies *and* a 1st for Horvat. Horvat is a tough nut to crack for a trade comp because he's playing out of his mind right now - riding a 21.5% shooting bender after coming into the year shooting 13.1% for his career. There's serious regression potential in him, and I think teams are going to be more cautious based on that; meaning, to me, offers will probably be based on the type of player he had been the past few seasons rather than valuing him at the 58 goal pace he's currently on. I think a 1st, a top 5 prospect, and an additional pick for retention is probably what he gets - in this case I'd say the Leafs package would be the 1st, a 3rd, and Topi Niemela. Paying anything above that is a big risk because again: 21.5% shooting.

-I can't really see Anaheim doing this for you, one-for-one. The team is already kind of a mess defensively, so swapping a guy who had been a competent defensive forward in the past for one not really known for that part of his game doesn't seem like a wise move; the extra 8-10 goals that Boeser might bring over Vatrano also doesn't feel like it's going to really turn Anaheim from a lottery team into a contender. If the Ducks are moving a guy they like, and taking back a worse cap hit on a player that doesn't really change their trajectory, I think you gotta add something to the Vancouver side or else the Ducks pass.

-I really don't see the Avs being a team that's going go to be unloading picks or prospects at the deadline. They're not going to be as desperate for upgrades as the defending Cup champs - repeating is nice, sure, but once you've reached the top of the mountain I feel like you're going to be less likely to mortgage the future to do it again. Schenn would also be the 7th D on a healthy Avs team, which seems like a heavy price to pay for a guy that's not playing every day. It's way more likely they move a weaker asset for a Troy Stecher-esque player, in my opinion.

-To follow up that last point: I could much more easily see the Avs giving up a late round pick for Kyle Burroughs than giving up a premium asset for Luke Schenn. I'd peg that as way more likely than a kind of floundering Caps team giving up anything in this year's draft for a rental upgrade.
turtlemountain, TJTwolf, GiggywithGibby and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 10:02 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Caps already have too many defenseman and there’s a real chance Alexeyev gets waived, even though he and Johansen have played well. Washington doesn’t have the space to add another defenseman with their current logjam.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 1:32 p.m.
This team kills me
Lilligren or Carlo or Girard any other top 4 RHD /D (young & controllable) is strictly fantasy land tears of joy . I know canuckle fans live there year round but literally No CHANCE tears of joy .

I asked which teams? Do some research; any interested team needs to meet several criteria:
1/ legit stanley cup contender; no one wasting significant assets on a rental if no hope of winning this year; prob 8-10 teams
2/ team needs cap space or comfortable moving out current roster piece(s) to fit him; tricky b/c a lot of competitive teams are up against the cap or on ltir (not acquiring space) or winning so don’t want to mess with winning roster
3/ team needs help at centre and can fit Horvat in PP1; a lot of teams are prioritizing D and PP1 lineup set so difficult to justify asset price if he’s playing 3C & PP2

Combining above - not that many teams, imo. Plus when you consider there will be lots of other FA forwards available, I just don’t see that many teams interested enough to go beyond 1st + prospect.

I think one thing youre looking past is the fact that it isnt just the typical TDL buyers who will be bidding for his services, it will also be teams on the rise looking for a 2 way centre who can put the puck in the net. From what I have seen from Bo, he is a business man, he wants to make the most amount of money playing where he wants to play, I think there will be no problem with the bidding for him and due to the fact that he has a young family, I could see him doing a sign/trade or trade/sign so he stays where he lands for 8 more years. I also think that some teams will be looking at this who arent contenders but thinking that horvat is the missing piece.

also, it takes just two to start a bidding war
Knuckl3s liked this.
Dec. 13, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
Kster
Quoting: BeautifulIdiot
I think one thing youre looking past is the fact that it isnt just the typical TDL buyers who will be bidding for his services, it will also be teams on the rise looking for a 2 way centre who can put the puck in the net. From what I have seen from Bo, he is a business man, he wants to make the most amount of money playing where he wants to play, I think there will be no problem with the bidding for him and due to the fact that he has a young family, I could see him doing a sign/trade or trade/sign so he stays where he lands for 8 more years. I also think that some teams will be looking at this who arent contenders but thinking that horvat is the missing piece.

also, it takes just two to start a bidding war

Your point makes no sense; rebuilding teams will give away the farm this year just so they can sign Bo to an extra year? Seriously doubt that - why wouldn’t they just wait until summer when they can sign him as a FA without giving up futures?
You’re a canuckle fan so you must be getting used to it…but be prepared to be disappointed.
TJTwolf liked this.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:36 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Xqb15a
Why would COL move their top D prospect for a guy that would be the 7th dman? That’s hilariously bad.

Being a top D prospect in their system isn't saying as much as you think
Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:37 a.m.
Banned

Liljigren plays 18+ minutes a night, not 20+ minutes a night, that's the big difference. If he could play 20+ minutes a night, then yeah, pointless conversation, but no, he doesn't
Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:39 a.m.
Banned

You and those whom liked your post are not known for being very well adjusted voices on this site. How do you explain the Bruins acquiring Hampus Lindholm last deadline? Everybody claims that an extension wasn't worked out with him until after the trade went down
Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:39 a.m.
Banned

Then they'll get Niemela +
Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:40 a.m.
Banned
Edited Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:47 a.m.
Your point makes no sense; rebuilding teams will give away the farm this year just so they can sign Bo to an extra year? Seriously doubt that - why wouldn’t they just wait until summer when they can sign him as a FA without giving up futures?
You’re a canuckle fan so you must be getting used to it…but be prepared to be disappointed.

Horvat wont' cost the whole farm, but he'll cost a significant chunk of it, and if he's a player that other team's value, they'll pay some acquisition cost to acquire him, cause for contenders, THIS year is what matters, not so much next year like it is for rebuilding teams
Dec. 14, 2022 at 12:43 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
-Toronto isn't giving up Knies *and* a 1st for Horvat. Horvat is a tough nut to crack for a trade comp because he's playing out of his mind right now - riding a 21.5% shooting bender after coming into the year shooting 13.1% for his career. There's serious regression potential in him, and I think teams are going to be more cautious based on that; meaning, to me, offers will probably be based on the type of player he had been the past few seasons rather than valuing him at the 58 goal pace he's currently on. I think a 1st, a top 5 prospect, and an additional pick for retention is probably what he gets - in this case I'd say the Leafs package would be the 1st, a 3rd, and Topi Niemela. Paying anything above that is a big risk because again: 21.5% shooting.

-I can't really see Anaheim doing this for you, one-for-one. The team is already kind of a mess defensively, so swapping a guy who had been a competent defensive forward in the past for one not really known for that part of his game doesn't seem like a wise move; the extra 8-10 goals that Boeser might bring over Vatrano also doesn't feel like it's going to really turn Anaheim from a lottery team into a contender. If the Ducks are moving a guy they like, and taking back a worse cap hit on a player that doesn't really change their trajectory, I think you gotta add something to the Vancouver side or else the Ducks pass.

-I really don't see the Avs being a team that's going go to be unloading picks or prospects at the deadline. They're not going to be as desperate for upgrades as the defending Cup champs - repeating is nice, sure, but once you've reached the top of the mountain I feel like you're going to be less likely to mortgage the future to do it again. Schenn would also be the 7th D on a healthy Avs team, which seems like a heavy price to pay for a guy that's not playing every day. It's way more likely they move a weaker asset for a Troy Stecher-esque player, in my opinion.

-To follow up that last point: I could much more easily see the Avs giving up a late round pick for Kyle Burroughs than giving up a premium asset for Luke Schenn. I'd peg that as way more likely than a kind of floundering Caps team giving up anything in this year's draft for a rental upgrade.

Boeser is a superior player with a larger cap hit, that's why it's a 1 for 1. Not really that hard to understand, it's just a lateral move, a harmless one at that. Avs are trying to win now, not later, so I don't understand that logic, it sounds kind of backwards actually

Horvat will still be a very valuable rental even if his shooting pct. comes back down to Earth. Maybe Knies isn't on the table, I won't deny that, but then yeah, the package revolving around Niemela like you suggested is probably going to be what it takes.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 5:35 a.m.
Kster
You and those whom liked your post are not known for being very well adjusted voices on this site. How do you explain the Bruins acquiring Hampus Lindholm last deadline? Everybody claims that an extension wasn't worked out with him until after the trade went down

Coming from a Canuckle fan, that’s … rich smirk . Without question the most delusional fan base on cap friendly. Last year it was miller, this year it’s Bo; can’t wait to find out what histrionics you’ll torture us with next year when you fall short of local expectations - everyone else knows this team is not good enough with no help coming in the short term. And no one will give you roster players (especially young controllable RHD tears of joy) for rental Horvat, just picks or prospects.

I asked for a team /scenario where Canucks will get what you are asking for. I just don’t see a team that has right combo of space, assets, need and ambition. It’ll be a 1st + prospect.

And lindholm trade is a good warning for all GMs; bruins wasted three prime picks and were bounced in 1st round . They could have signed him in off season.
This is an historically deep draft and Bettman just said cap is not going up by much so ELC’s more valuable than ever.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 5:45 a.m.
Kster
Horvat wont' cost the whole farm, but he'll cost a significant chunk of it, and if he's a player that other team's value, they'll pay some acquisition cost to acquire him, cause for contenders, THIS year is what matters, not so much next year like it is for rebuilding teams

Maybe that’s the flawed mentality behind the epic mediocrity that is the Canuckles. All well run teams balance NOW with LATER; most competitive teams have a window of 5-7 years, some longer, some shorter. Sacrificing the future to win now in a league that literally mandates parity (one bounce, bad call, injury, hot goalie can be the difference between winning and losing) is a sure fire recipe to irrelevance.
Firing Benning should have kickstarted re-build but your ownership was too weak to accept the facts; I only see more years of mediocrity in your future which sucks for Hughes & Peterson.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 9:34 a.m.
Being a top D prospect in their system isn't saying as much as you think

He’s worth a whole lot more than Schenn which shows how little you know about him.
Dec. 14, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
we miss leo k
Boeser is a superior player with a larger cap hit, that's why it's a 1 for 1. Not really that hard to understand, it's just a lateral move, a harmless one at that. Avs are trying to win now, not later, so I don't understand that logic, it sounds kind of backwards actually

Horvat will still be a very valuable rental even if his shooting pct. comes back down to Earth. Maybe Knies isn't on the table, I won't deny that, but then yeah, the package revolving around Niemela like you suggested is probably going to be what it takes.

For Boeser, I just don't see the reason for the Ducks to do it still. Boeser doesn't change their trajectory in any way - their big problem is giving up too many goals, and swapping Vatrano for Boeser doesn't really change the calculus there. I'm not saying the value is bad, I just see no reason for Anaheim to make the move.

As far as the Avs: they've already mortgaged a ton of their future (literally: traded 8 out of their 14 picks in the last 2 drafts, including everything before the 6th round last year; have only picked in the top-50 twice in the last 3 years and already traded one of those guys; already missing 2/3/4th round picks from this year's draft.) I think the fact that they have a solid top-6 when everyone's healthy (who does Schenn even replace in it?) and the fact that they literally won the Cup last year makes me think they're going to be significantly less aggressive at this year's deadline. I'd be really surprised if they moved any of their top 5 prospects for anything other than a slam-dunk top 6/top pair upgrade, which Schenn isn't.
Dec. 15, 2022 at 10:24 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
For Boeser, I just don't see the reason for the Ducks to do it still. Boeser doesn't change their trajectory in any way - their big problem is giving up too many goals, and swapping Vatrano for Boeser doesn't really change the calculus there. I'm not saying the value is bad, I just see no reason for Anaheim to make the move.

As far as the Avs: they've already mortgaged a ton of their future (literally: traded 8 out of their 14 picks in the last 2 drafts, including everything before the 6th round last year; have only picked in the top-50 twice in the last 3 years and already traded one of those guys; already missing 2/3/4th round picks from this year's draft.) I think the fact that they have a solid top-6 when everyone's healthy (who does Schenn even replace in it?) and the fact that they literally won the Cup last year makes me think they're going to be significantly less aggressive at this year's deadline. I'd be really surprised if they moved any of their top 5 prospects for anything other than a slam-dunk top 6/top pair upgrade, which Schenn isn't.

No more Kadri, no more Burakovsky, why would the Avs think they don't need to be aggressive?
Dec. 15, 2022 at 10:34 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Xqb15a
He’s worth a whole lot more than Schenn which shows how little you know about him.

Schenn is rumoured to fetch as much as a 2nd at the trade deadline. Doubt Behrens is worth anymore than that

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll