BUF
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (NYI)
  2. 2025 5th round pick (NYI)
VGK
  1. Comrie, Eric
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (BUF)
  3. 2025 5th round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Does Lehner come back? I understand he had some trauma while in Buffalo but the organization and him have talked about his struggles and check in on him (Lots of class from the sabers for that btw). He could be a great story to help this young Buffalo team make some noise in the playoffs before Levi's ready.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$71,495,237$0$3,207,500$12,004,763

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,350,000$2,350,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 7
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 1
$837,500$837,500
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 1
$687,500$687,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$475,000$475K)
C
RFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:04 p.m.
why would anyone wanna follow the ottawa method
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:07 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: Herb_Brooks

Cause they could snag a playoff spot this year and are in a position to be a solid contender in a couple years with good goaltending?
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:10 p.m.
What in tarnation
I think Lehner and Buffalo are done with each other for good
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:15 p.m.
I don’t think Lehner would come back,
and i don’t think we’d be willing to bring him back to the same place where he essentially fell apart
Just don’t think it would work

And idk what the correct trade value for Konecny would be
But we’re essentially giving up the value of three 1sts, + in your trade proposal
And that’s just too much imo, significantly too much
Maybe that means we just wouldn’t get him, idk
But i think at least 1 of the major pieces in the deal (Krebs, Rosen, 1st) would have to come out in order for it to work from Buffalo’s perspective- Again though, that might make Philly turn down the offer
Also, is Philly even looking to move Konecny?
He’s only 25. I would think they’d wanna build around him
gretzkyghosts and NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Why are the Sabres helping the Bruins out of cap problem by giving up picks for one year of Grelyck? There are better or least dependable goalies on the market than Lehner?
Could probably get an offer sheeted Swayman for a second rounder.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:44 p.m.
Quoting: Drshnuckels91
Cause they could snag a playoff spot this year and are in a position to be a solid contender in a couple years with good goaltending?

but they are probably not going to make the playoffs and they dont have good goaltending so im confused, they also dont have a pick for the first 3 rounds, and have cap issues next year, all before making the playoffs once
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:48 p.m.

Why would you not want to follow the Ottawa methot?

In less than a year they acquired Claude Giroux, Alex DeBrincat, and Jakob Chychrun without giving up a single player or prospect.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Why are the Sabres helping the Bruins out of cap problem by giving up picks for one year of Grelyck? There are better or least dependable goalies on the market than Lehner?

Why would the bruins help out the Sabres by trading a top four d man at a good number to an in division opponent?

It’s a two way street, and given how high phillys pick in the second round is, this is a pretty fair price.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
Quoting: sens65

In less than a year they acquired Claude Giroux, Alex DeBrincat, and Jakob Chychrun without giving up a single player or prospect.

All good moves, but in fairness when people think of the Ottawa method, what they think of is a really long rebuild with posters on here saying time and time again that they’re sure to be good this upcoming year.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:01 p.m.

what have they done!? why not follow a team that has actually done something? they gave up a top 10 pick and gonna be a top 15 pick this year.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:41 p.m.

As a small point, when Lehner is healthy he has actually been one of the better goalies in the league the last 5ish years. Likely in the 6-10 range. Now of course his health has been an issue.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:42 p.m.
I think the Buffalo/Lehner story on the ice is done. I can't see him returning to play. Now if the bridge can be mended and he return post career in a healthy relationship that would be nice to see
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
Konecny's value is really hard to predict. The value you give above is really high. Essentially above what you got for Eichel, so I suspect too high. Konecny is an excellent player but a flawed one. He's that physical winger every team either desperately craves for or rarely has. But he is also apparently atrocious defensively. So... He's a good player to have, but he needs to be used appropriately by a coach and that would limit his value somewhat.
palhal and NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: BCAPP
Konecny's value is really hard to predict. The value you give above is really high. Essentially above what you got for Eichel, so I suspect too high. Konecny is an excellent player but a flawed one. He's that physical winger every team either desperately craves for or rarely has. But he is also apparently atrocious defensively. So... He's a good player to have, but he needs to be used appropriately by a coach and that would limit his value somewhat.

I just wonder if the Sabres, a team a non playoff team who have cap should be giving up futures for 5.5m and two yeas of Konecny. Sabres can certainly attract UFAs, even short term players with their cap, and not give up anything.
BCAPP and NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
what have they done!? why not follow a team that has actually done something? they gave up a top 10 pick and gonna be a top 15 pick this year.

First of all, they went from being a rebuilding team to a playoff contender. Second, they're just getting started to asking what have they done is stupid.

How many teams have a better top-six forward and top-four defence group than Ottawa? Some do, but not many.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:53 p.m.

In a manner the Sabres have built the team in a fashion similar to the Senators.
Both teams have drafted and traded well.
The entire top line was aquired through trades Skinner for a second, Thompson for O'Reilly and Tuch for Eichel.
Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Mittelstadt, Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Girgensons, Luukkonen, Bryson were all drafted.
Within two years the Sabres line up could include other draftees Savoie, Rosen, Kulich, Ostlund, etc.

Maybe the Sabres will add a free agent this summer, if they could find a player who has the skills of Giroux and sign him for less than what Thompson and Cozens will earn next year, they may follow the pattern more closely.

Lehner had issues long before he came to Buffalo. While Murray was aware of his demons Tim did nothing to address them.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 9:20 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: justaBoss
I think Lehner and Buffalo are done with each other for good

Yeah I wasn't quite sure but I was interested in what other people thought about the idea
justaBoss liked this.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 9:24 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Quoting: homiedaclown
I don’t think Lehner would come back,
and i don’t think we’d be willing to bring him back to the same place where he essentially fell apart
Just don’t think it would work

And idk what the correct trade value for Konecny would be
But we’re essentially giving up the value of three 1sts, + in your trade proposal
And that’s just too much imo, significantly too much
Maybe that means we just wouldn’t get him, idk
But i think at least 1 of the major pieces in the deal (Krebs, Rosen, 1st) would have to come out in order for it to work from Buffalo’s perspective- Again though, that might make Philly turn down the offer
Also, is Philly even looking to move Konecny?
He’s only 25. I would think they’d wanna build around him

I think Philly should trade him rn considering he's gonna be a ufa in 2 years and his value is the highest now. I don't see him resigning imo and they should maximize on his current value here. Yeah I kinda see what u mean on it being too much. I would consider Krebs or Rosen the same worth as a high-end 1st imo but I haven't watched anything from Rosen and maybe I just am too unfamiliar with Kreb's game this year outside of his numbers. It just doesn't seem like either of them would have a spot in the sabers top 6 in the next 5 years and if I was them I would want to maximize the value of them now rather then waiting (like how the avs did with bowers and kaut considering they had no room in their top 6 for either of them) obv not the same situation as Rosen and Krebs are much better than those two but you get the idea here. I just didn't wanna add Ostlund as I really like his game and don't think Buffalo should move him in any deal
Mar. 9, 2023 at 9:28 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Edited Mar. 9, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.

I wouldn't call getting arguably a top 4 d-man for a second a 5th "helping them out". I don't see a situation where Swayman leaves boston. I think they movie two of Forbort,Rielly and Grezlyck to keep Swayman under contract.

I just liked the idea of Lehner, obv I understand he might not work out in buffalo but I think the fit and story could be nice. Which goalies would you have in mind though? I chose Lehner as a short term solution before Jarry comes up, I considered Andersen but he's been struggling so Idk. Varlamov longs NYI and I don't see him leaving there ever. Jarry is the best one on the market imo (I wish edmonton waited a year to sign him lmao) but he's gonna be looking for smth long-term which Buffalo shouldn't do rn.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
but they are probably not going to make the playoffs and they dont have good goaltending so im confused, they also dont have a pick for the first 3 rounds, and have cap issues next year, all before making the playoffs once

Yeah but they still have a really good top 4 and top 6 with a ton of great prospects and young pieces. Goaltending can be signed or traded for (Jarry!) and draft capital shouldn't be an issue with the position they are in. They also def could make a run this year for a wild card spot you can't just run them out of the picture immediately.
Mar. 9, 2023 at 9:32 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
I just wonder if the Sabres, a team a non playoff team who have cap should be giving up futures for 5.5m and two yeas of Konecny. Sabres can certainly attract UFAs, even short term players with their cap, and not give up anything.

I see your point on this, I just didn't see a spot in that top 6 for Krebs or Rosen going forward (Especially with guys like mittelstadt, ostlund, savoie and peterka still getting better each year) maybe a guy like bertuzzi could be a better fit for them considering hes a UFA
Mar. 9, 2023 at 11:13 p.m.
I think Philly should trade him rn considering he's gonna be a ufa in 2 years and his value is the highest now. I don't see him resigning imo and they should maximize on his current value here. Yeah I kinda see what u mean on it being too much. I would consider Krebs or Rosen the same worth as a high-end 1st imo but I haven't watched anything from Rosen and maybe I just am too unfamiliar with Kreb's game this year outside of his numbers. It just doesn't seem like either of them would have a spot in the sabers top 6 in the next 5 years and if I was them I would want to maximize the value of them now rather then waiting (like how the avs did with bowers and kaut considering they had no room in their top 6 for either of them) obv not the same situation as Rosen and Krebs are much better than those two but you get the idea here. I just didn't wanna add Ostlund as I really like his game and don't think Buffalo should move him in any deal

Everything u said actually makes a decent amount of sense
Philly probably *should* trade Konecny
But will they actually do it?
Doubtful imo

Krebs is thought of very highly by Sabres mgmt
He was a “must have” piece in the Eichel trade

As far as Rosen goes….
He was Adams first “real” 1st round pick in the draft
(He picked Power in the 1st his first year, but a monkey could’ve made that pick, Lol)

I mean, who knows?
But it seems like there’s a lot in the way of it actually happening

Again though, a lot of what u said does make sense
NucksnOilers liked this.
Mar. 10, 2023 at 8:41 a.m.
First of all, they went from being a rebuilding team to a playoff contender. Second, they're just getting started to asking what have they done is stupid.

How many teams have a better top-six forward and top-four defence group than Ottawa? Some do, but not many.

but they were supposed to be at least competing for a spot last year, the rebuild started in 2018. theyve done nothing so far to suggest that their "model" should be followed. like i said before if they dont make it this year, then they would have traded 2 high draft picks, and have cap issues next year all before making the playoffs once, how many rebuilding teams have cap issues before making the playoffs?
Mar. 10, 2023 at 8:45 a.m.
Yeah but they still have a really good top 4 and top 6 with a ton of great prospects and young pieces. Goaltending can be signed or traded for (Jarry!) and draft capital shouldn't be an issue with the position they are in. They also def could make a run this year for a wild card spot you can't just run them out of the picture immediately.

dorion declared the rebuild over last year, so they should have been competing for a spot last year and should be in a spot this year. both the goalies they traded over the summer are better than the current goalies they have now.
Mar. 10, 2023 at 9:39 a.m.
we miss leo k
the ottawa method heavily involved a skinflint owner dying so i'm keeping an eye on you if any sort of tragedy befells the Pegulas

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll