Team: 2022-23 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 9, 2023
Published: Mar. 9, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Read the bios please, it will help out a lot of ACGM's
Trades
VAN
    Just stop with this trade. No combination that the devils have will land Quinn Hughes who is legitimately one of the best offensive defensemen we've ever seen. And you can't even deny that point. Fastest in history to reach 200 points, back-to-back 60+ point seasons, and arguably the best defenseman in franchise history.

Looking on the Devils side, I don't see a scenario where the Devils would even entertain trading Nemec or Holtz which would fall way short of a mammoth offer. Not to mention they don't need Hughes. Hamilton, Siegenthaler, L. Hughes, and Nemec will become staples on their D-core. Stop posting these trades.
    VAN
      This is probably worse than any mock Hughes trade in my opinion, definitely not worse than any Pettersson trade though. But can we all agree to stop beating a dead horse on JT Miller rumours. The guy is up there with Pavel Bure in franchise history as one of the only point-per-game players, an all around great leader in the room, and has a higher ceiling than Horvat ever had. The guy has been lights out in the 17 games under Tocchet and always seems to answer to the brutal Vancouver media with a lot of insight and character.

I've seen trades that dump Miller for nothing just because he plays with "emotion." Miller is a raging bull on the ice attitude wise that needs a coach to reason and guide him in the right direction. Miller looks like a complete package under Tocchet and an integral part of this teams leadership going forward.

And with Pittsburgh, sure there may have been discussions, but they didn't even make an offer. Whatever first, second, or third they offered wouldn't be as beneficial to this team as a poised JT Miller. End of story.
      VAN
        First of all this is not a trade. Buffalo has UPL and Levi coming through the system and they need time. Second of all, where are all the haters who were saying "Demko isn't a top ten goalie, Demko is one of the worst, Demko is not worth anything because he wasn't good for 20 games." Seriously? Like the guy was playing through an injury and recovering from knee surgery in the summer. Of course he wasn't playing up to his potential. He's got a .932 in the four games since coming back and has looked like everything the Canucks have missed for the past three months. Now winning three in a row with one of the most injured rosters in the league, Demko is carrying them out of the bottom (no Bedard). This team is going to be competitive this upcoming season with the right moves in the off-season and commitment to off-season training from the core group of guys. There's an actual system now and their best penalty killer in Demko is back.
        Buyouts
        Retained Salary Transactions
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the TOR
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the DET
        Logo of the NYR
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the NJD
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        Logo of the VAN
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        19$82,500,000$59,568,750$1,250,000$1,782,500$22,931,250
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
        $7,350,000$7,350,000
        C, LW
        UFA - 2
        $6,650,000$6,650,000
        RW
        UFA - 3
        $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $883,750$883,750 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
        C
        RFA - 2
        $4,950,000$4,950,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 4
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        RW, LW
        RFA - 2
        $825,000$825,000
        LW
        UFA - 2
        $4,150,000$4,150,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 2
        $750,000$750,000
        LW
        UFA - 1
        $762,500$762,500
        C
        UFA - 2
        $875,000$875,000
        LW, RW
        RFA - 1
        $762,500$762,500
        RW, C
        RFA - 2
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $750,000$750,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $4,400,000$4,400,000
        RD
        RFA - 2
        $750,000$750,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        LD
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        RD
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        LD
        UFA - 1
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $7,260,000$7,260,000
        LD
        NMC
        UFA - 5
        $4,750,000$4,750,000
        LW, RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $1,800,000$1,800,000
        RD
        UFA - 1
        $3,500,000$3,500,000
        LW, RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 1
        $1,500,000$1,500,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $3,250,000$3,250,000
        LW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $2,500,000$2,500,000
        RD
        UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:54 p.m.
        HabsFanSinceThe60s
        JT Miller couldn’t lace Bure’s skates.
        kingkanuck liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 4:58 p.m.
        Hurricane Waddell
        I would actually love JTM as a Hurricane, and the issue has nothing to do with ‘emotion’. The issue is 7 years x $8m AAV. Get me Miller at $5m-ish AAV and I’ll pay a decent price.
        HonestHockeyNYI liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:04 p.m.
        AN "ORIGINAL SIX"
        The two main reasons to trade Miller are his poor defensive play and his age (he'll be 30 in a couple of days) and the effect of an $8M contract for 7 years.
        gretzkyghosts liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:05 p.m.
        This is some pretty whacky homerism.

Ya, Quinn hughes is great at racking up secondary assists on the powerplay. Good for him. He’s still a turnstile and stinks 5 on 5. The devils have plenty of things that would get him, they shouldn’t want him though. Losing brand of hockey.

Miller is a cap dump. Plain and simple. The canucks paid him for a career high outlier season and gave him too much term. I don’t think he’s super hard to move, but they definitely aren’t getting any value for him unless they retain, or take back another bad deal.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:07 p.m.
        Bog
        Quoting: Caniac555
        I would actually love JTM as a Hurricane, and the issue has nothing to do with ‘emotion’. The issue is 7 years x $8m AAV. Get me Miller at $5m-ish AAV and I’ll pay a decent price.

See this is what I hate, the JT Miller is overpaid talk. The guy plays in every situation, has been a point-per-game player for the past three years, wins face-offs and hates to lose. How in the world is he a $5 million dollar player? Look at some of the comps out there:

Bo Horvat $8.5 million
        Dyan Larkin $8.7 million
        Mika ZIbanejad $8.5 million
        Mark Stone $9.5 million
        Jack Eichel $10 million
        Dylan Cozens $7.1 million

For Miller to take 8 in a Canadian market, where he'd easily make the same in a US market is absurd.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:08 p.m.
        AN "ORIGINAL SIX"
        Quoting: Caniac555

If the 'Canes or any team want Miller at $5M/yr then they will have to find and PAY someone to take the $3m/yr diference.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.
        I cant decide which is a worse take. JT miller is a good locker room guy (Im sure Colin Delia agrees) or Quinn Hughes is one of the best offensive d-men of all time? Fam, he's not even the best offensive d-man from his own draft class lmao
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:14 p.m.
        Once a Kings Fan Too
        Thanks for putting an end to the Byfield/Clarke-Petersen-first-for-Demko trade constructions, which incidentally were NEVER advanced by Los Angeles fans. Not a single time.
        bogdown liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
        Shibbal18
        Demko sucks and the Sabres don't want him
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:21 p.m.
        Bog
        Quoting: Stadel
        I cant decide which is a worse take. JT miller is a good locker room guy (Im sure Colin Delia agrees) or Quinn Hughes is one of the best offensive d-men of all time? Fam, he's not even the best offensive d-man from his own draft class lmao

Can't decide if still thinking JT Miller is a bad locker room guy, or thinking that Rasmussen Dahlin has been a better offensive d-man than Hughes.

How many people does it take to kill the JT Miller narrative. We're gonna listen to media narratives that are written to grab attention and draw clicks to their page for money? Or Pettersson, Boudreau, Hrovat, Hughes, Demko, and almost anyone on the Canucks who have said that Miller is a great teammate and that they would love to have him in the room wherever they go next (Boudreau).

Hughes has more points in almost a season worth of games less than Dahlin. Quinn Hughes has 28 primary assists and 15 EV primary assists compared to Dahlin's 30 and 16 EV primary assists. 5th in the league in assists with the best +/- out of anyone in the top 5 and the fastest of all time to reach 200 assists.

But sure, your argument is your argument and I respect that.
        OldNYIfan liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
        Bog
        Quoting: Shibbal18
        Demko sucks and the Sabres don't want him

He's no Craig Anderson
        OldNYIfan and gretzkyghosts liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
        Hurricane Waddell
        What I hate is all of the JTM to Canes posts for KK + Morrow + 1sts and or some combination of that.

The $5m AAV thing has nothing to do with being over paid. It has everything to do with a risk-based age adjusted view on contracts vs lineup construction.

I see one other play driving winger on your listed below, Mark Stone…that contract for Vegas is going to age extremely poorly.

The point - JTM at $5m is consumable for the Canes, at $8m nope.

Quoting: bogdown
        See this is what I hate, the JT Miller is overpaid talk. The guy plays in every situation, has been a point-per-game player for the past three years, wins face-offs and hates to lose. How in the world is he a $5 million dollar player? Look at some of the comps out there:

Bo Horvat $8.5 million
        Dyan Larkin $8.7 million
        Mark Stone $9.5 million
        Jack Eichel $10 million

For Miller to take 8 in a Canadian market, where he'd easily make the same in a US market is absurd.
        palhal liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
        Quinn Hughes doesn't fit the Devils at this stage, other than for marketing reasons.

NJ already has enough offensive d-men on their roster or in their system.
        OldNYIfan liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
        Edited Mar. 10, 2023 at 3:57 a.m.
        @bogdown

1- no one said Demko was “one of the worst” or “wasn’t worth anything” - no one
        Although I’m sure you’ll get some comments now, since you’re being such an a$$

2a- what was said, is that Demko’s trade value DROPPED, bc he was hurt & playing terrinbly
        2b- and that his value would go back up, when he was healthy & playing well again
        2C- and that you aren’t gonna get the big packages that VAN fans kept saying they wanted (by the deadline)

3- the offers VAN fans were making were ABSOLUTELY absurd
        Typical example:
        Demko for Savoie, Levi, 1st

4- if you’re gonna rant, at least get the story straight dude
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
        Can't decide if still thinking JT Miller is a bad locker room guy, or thinking that Rasmussen Dahlin has been a better offensive d-man than Hughes.

How many people does it take to kill the JT Miller narrative. We're gonna listen to media narratives that are written to grab attention and draw clicks to their page for money? Or Pettersson, Boudreau, Hrovat, Hughes, Demko, and almost anyone on the Canucks who have said that Miller is a great teammate and that they would love to have him in the room wherever they go next (Boudreau).

Hughes has more points in almost a season worth of games less than Dahlin. Quinn Hughes has 28 primary assists and 15 EV primary assists compared to Dahlin's 30 and 16 EV primary assists. 5th in the league in assists with the best +/- out of anyone in the top 5 and the fastest of all time to reach 200 assists.

Rasmus dahlin is an entire standard deviation of player better than Quinn Hughes offensively
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
        LongtimeLeafsufferer

Bo Horvat $8.5 million
        Dyan Larkin $8.7 million
        Mark Stone $9.5 million
        Jack Eichel $10 million

A few difference over Miller and the playoffs you named. Cozens contract ends before he reaching age 30,,,,his prime years, Eichel, his contact ends when he is 31. Now I'm not sure if Horvat/or Zibaneajad are going to be good value later one in the their contracts and don't think Stone's will. But for Miller to start his contract at age 30 on a non playoff team, that's bad value for the Canucks.

Canucks would have been infintiely better to trade Miller in 2022, get futures and a 8m cap space going forward.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.

You don't have to lie to me, if you really respected the argument you wouldn't have countered with +/-

Look up Dahlin's underlying numbers, xGAR, XG% relative to team and opponent. He clears Hughes.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:21 p.m.
        Quoting: CalvinKlein
        Quinn Hughes doesn't fit the Devils at this stage, other than for marketing reasons.

NJ already has enough offensive d-men on their roster or in their system.

^ This

Devils fans are just as tired of Quinn-to-NJ trades as Vancouver fans.
        OldNYIfan liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:26 p.m.
        This team kills me
        Quoting: DefenseFirst
        This is some pretty whacky homerism.

Ya, Quinn hughes is great at racking up secondary assists on the powerplay. Good for him. He’s still a turnstile and stinks 5 on 5. The devils have plenty of things that would get him, they shouldn’t want him though. Losing brand of hockey.

Miller is a cap dump. Plain and simple. The canucks paid him for a career high outlier season and gave him too much term. I don’t think he’s super hard to move, but they definitely aren’t getting any value for him unless they retain, or take back another bad deal.

Yea you dont watch the Canucks do you
        bogdown liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:27 p.m.
        This team kills me
        Well done, Thank you
        bogdown liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:36 p.m.
        Quoting: BeautifulIdiot
        Yea you dont watch the Canucks do you

I do! They win me money shockingly regularly.

I see a lot of secondary assists on the PP for hughes, and some pretty horrid 5 on 5 play. In fact, that’s what wins me money! Enjoy mike Greene 2.0
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:37 p.m.
        Ex Nucks fan
        Quoting: Stadel

First of all, players and coaches have said Miller is well liked in the dressing room, and Quinn Hughes definitely is the best offensive d man from his draft class. All time? Maybe someday but he has quite a few NHL records at only 23
        bogdown liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:39 p.m.
        Ex Nucks fan
        Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
        Rasmus dahlin is an entire standard deviation of player better than Quinn Hughes offensively

Absolutely not lol. Hughes is leaps and bounds better offensively in their careers.
        BeautifulIdiot and bogdown liked this.
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:39 p.m.
        This team kills me
        Quoting: DefenseFirst
        I do! They win me money shockingly regularly.

I see a lot of secondary assists on the PP for hughes, and some pretty horrid 5 on 5 play. In fact, that’s what wins me money! Enjoy mike Greene 2.0

Do keep in mind he is our only NHL calibre defender, he is our best PK guy and he is our best 5 on 5 defender, Slavin could come in and would be in a similar situation. Congrats on being in the green but he is a top 10 defender in the league
        Mar. 9, 2023 at 6:40 p.m.
        Ex Nucks fan
        Quoting: homiedaclown
        1- no one said Demko was “one of the worst” or “wasn’t worth anything” - no one
        Although I’m sure you’ll get some comments now, since you’re being such an a$$

2a- what was said, is that Demko’s trade value DROPPED, bc he was hurt & playing terrinbly
        2b- and that his value would go back up, when he was healthy & playing well again
        2C- and that you aren’t gonna get the big packages that VAN fan kept saying they wanted (by the deadline)

3- the offers VAN fans were making were ABSOLUTELY absurd
        Typical example:
        Demko for Savoie, Levi, 1st

4- if you’re gonna rant, at least get the story straight dude

Plenty of people have been saying he is average at best to a bad goalie with inflated stats (poor argument). Does his value really drop that mu cut? Bad 15 games but that’s about it. He’s perfectly healthy now so the injury shouldn’t be a big deal
        bogdown liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll