$5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    UFA
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    Fantilli, Adam
    $950,000$950,000
    $758,333$758,333
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,650,000$2,650,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $4,400,000$4,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $950,000$950,000
    G
    RFA - 2
    $859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $950,000$950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 3, 2023 at 3:28 p.m.
    I post sometimes
    Sure.

Habs accept but we feel weird about it.
    ohmyjlord and Andy_Dick liked this.
    May 3, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
    Well these are some out of the box ideas. Hawks don't sign Kessel or Gus. Gus has been a Hawk twice already - he's worn out his welcome. And the Hawk's don't make any of those 3 trades either. Armia costs more than a 4th to dump on his own. Value might be fair for Moore but Hawks aren't trading away picks or prospects - they are looking to acquire more. And neither team does the Foegele trade.
    Garak liked this.
    May 3, 2023 at 4:05 p.m.
    Foegele is not what you think he his or are looking for
    CD282 liked this.
    May 3, 2023 at 4:12 p.m.
    Is Price's contract insured, and if so how much in actual cash is owed? Regardless, a 4th isn't enough. But it could be a cap related consideration if the actual salary is low enough.
    Hawksguy81 liked this.
    May 3, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
    Where's the 1st in the Edmonton deal?
    OilednGreasy liked this.
    May 3, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
    Quoting: CD282

We don't need a 1st to take Foegele.

CHI Rejects all these moves.
    Hawksguy81 liked this.
    May 3, 2023 at 5:21 p.m.

Quoting: Aussie_Blackhawk
    We don't need a 1st to take Foegele.

CHI Rejects all these moves.

Check that, Foegele had a better year than Hagel. We want both of Tampa's 1sts. You can keep Katchouk & Raddysh.

Foegele v Hagel
    May 3, 2023 at 8:22 p.m.
    Jeff Gorton
    Quoting: Garak
    Is Price's contract insured, and if so how much in actual cash is owed? Regardless, a 4th isn't enough. But it could be a cap related consideration if the actual salary is low enough.

23.5 m owed for 3 years with 17.5m in signing bonus and 6m base salary but i think all contract signed after the last lockout are 85% insured. Still doubt he'll ever get traded though since it would cost a lot
    Garak liked this.
    May 4, 2023 at 8:24 a.m.
    Quoting: JeffGorton
    23.5 m owed for 3 years with 17.5m in signing bonus and 6m base salary but i think all contract signed after the last lockout are 85% insured. Still doubt he'll ever get traded though since it would cost a lot

Couldn't find anything about insured contracts in the most recent 2020 amendments... And then I gave up after skimming through 500 pages. haha. The only relevant information had to do with "workers comp". It sounds like it is determined by the laws of each individual state or province. Anything outside of workers comp seems to be elective and not a requirement. Which means any sort of salary insurance would be on a case by case basis and determined by whether it is cost effective for the club to pay the insurance premium or just pay the salary if something happens. I could absolutely be wrong. But I just couldn't find anything concrete about that. So, I am just guessing based on what I did find.
    JeffGorton liked this.
    May 5, 2023 at 6:27 a.m.
    Check that, Foegele had a better year than Hagel. We want both of Tampa's 1sts. You can keep Katchouk & Raddysh.

Foegele v Hagel

We don't need to pay for anyone in our current circumstance. Keep Foegele or if you want him gone, we don't pay or give up small asset for the salary to take. Take it or leave it.

btw.

Foegele hasnt even got 64 points for the Oilers in his time there. Thats what Hagel got this year....
    May 5, 2023 at 8:17 a.m.
    We don't need to pay for anyone in our current circumstance. Keep Foegele or if you want him gone, we don't pay or give up small asset for the salary to take. Take it or leave it.

btw.

Foegele hasnt even got 64 points for the Oilers in his time there. Thats what Hagel got this year....

PP points. Hagel wouldn't get PP time in Edmonton either. At 5v5, Foegele is the better player, so there's no reason for Edmonton to trade him for nothing.

It's not going to happen. Two 1sts or we keep him.
    May 5, 2023 at 8:54 a.m.
    Go Habs Go
    Couldn't find anything about insured contracts in the most recent 2020 amendments... And then I gave up after skimming through 500 pages. haha. The only relevant information had to do with "workers comp". It sounds like it is determined by the laws of each individual state or province. Anything outside of workers comp seems to be elective and not a requirement. Which means any sort of salary insurance would be on a case by case basis and determined by whether it is cost effective for the club to pay the insurance premium or just pay the salary if something happens. I could absolutely be wrong. But I just couldn't find anything concrete about that. So, I am just guessing based on what I did find.

NHL contracts are private insurance but the main concern is that the club is not responsible for the payments, so we can simplify it to insured and uninsured for our purposes.
    Real money owed and cap impact are the key points.

Price's contract is insured to the best of our knowledge, so we can assume it is only his cap impact which is a factor.
    Being on LTIR reduces his cap impact, but there are still concerns about off-season flexibility, not being able to accrue cap space while in LTIR, and restricting movements for teams which operate tight to the ceiling.

If a team is operating closer to the floor for the duration of his contract, it's relatively harmless to them (even beneficial if they want to drop below the cap floor to further reduce financial obligations), but that could change ahead of projections so the risk is still having that Price contract on the books at a less convenient time.
    Garak and Andy_Dick liked this.
    May 5, 2023 at 9:04 a.m.
    Quoting: ricochetii
    NHL contracts are private insurance but the main concern is that the club is not responsible for the payments, so we can simplify it to insured and uninsured for our purposes.
    Real money owed and cap impact are the key points.

Price's contract is insured to the best of our knowledge, so we can assume it is only his cap impact which is a factor.
    Being on LTIR reduces his cap impact, but there are still concerns about off-season flexibility, not being able to accrue cap space while in LTIR, and restricting movements for teams which operate tight to the ceiling.

If a team is operating closer to the floor for the duration of his contract, it's relatively harmless to them (even beneficial if they want to drop below the cap floor to further reduce financial obligations), but that could change ahead of projections so the risk is still having that Price contract on the books at a less convenient time.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to explain all of that to me. I would not have asked if his contract was insured if I didn't already understand the importance of the information.
    May 5, 2023 at 9:08 a.m.
    Go Habs Go
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to explain all of that to me. I would not have asked if his contract was insured if I didn't already understand the importance of the information.

You seemed unsatisfied with what you could find in your research. Thought more information might help.
    May 5, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
    You seemed unsatisfied with what you could find in your research. Thought more information might help.

That wasn't "more information", though. If I am asking the question "is his contract insured?", we can surmise that I already understand why it is important and what the implications for both sides would be in all scenarios. Nothing you said helped answer my question, you simply expounded on my thought process for asking the question in the first place. I was asking for facts with which to derive a more absolute conclusion, not assumptions.
    May 5, 2023 at 10:32 a.m.
    Banned
    This is the only price I 'dump" Armia. Guy has no bonuses in his deal and is an easy buyout if a team doesnt want to rebuild a 6'4" forward with playoff pedigree. They keep him. Im sure Arizona and Chicago will be interested tho to make the floor for 1, for 2 to rebuild the value and receive assets at the deadline and finally, number 3, get experience in the lineup when most of the Finnish kids in the league look up to the guy as Joel has always been a monster for team Finland in international competitions with Gold medal performances since he was a kid. Otherwise Mtl can just keep Joel and receive the same benfits, the only reason to move Joel Armia is because they want the kids to have playing time during the year and the wings are filled atm
    May 5, 2023 at 4:34 p.m.
    Go Habs Go
    That wasn't "more information", though. If I am asking the question "is his contract insured?", we can surmise that I already understand why it is important and what the implications for both sides would be in all scenarios. Nothing you said helped answer my question, you simply expounded on my thought process for asking the question in the first place. I was asking for facts with which to derive a more absolute conclusion, not assumptions.

Didn't mean to offend, just trying to help.
    The simple truth is that there is a lot of information we aren't privy to, so we have to operate under assumptions. We can only get so close to verifiable fact in many instances.
    The publicly available CBA isn't even exhaustive for league procedures. There are a lot of separate documents that the league operates under in addition to public record.

This may interest you (if you haven't seen it), but this is one layer of insurance. Group NHLPA Policy: https://transcanadawealthmanagement.com/insurance-coverage-in-the-nhl/

Additional insurance on top of that policy, would be at the team's discretion for a player signing a long term contract. Some choose partial coverage (percentage), some choose none at all and absorb the risk themselves. For the player, contracts are guaranteed as long as their contract is in effect and they fulfill their commitments.
    For players who do not have a long term contract, or are otherwise concerned, they can have their own individual policy to protect against injury. They either have no team or the team would not be concerned with additional insurance, such as a prospect expecting to be drafted suffering a career ending injury before they can sign a professional contract. If you aren't committed long term for significant money, the basic NHLPA coverage will be more than sufficient in most cases. It's the McDavid's who are just starting their careers where it might be a consideration and justify the premiums for additional coverage.

Again, trying to help and if it doesn't add value to you specifically, it may aid others in understanding as they stumble across it.
    Garak liked this.
    May 5, 2023 at 8:46 p.m.
    Didn't mean to offend, just trying to help.
    The simple truth is that there is a lot of information we aren't privy to, so we have to operate under assumptions. We can only get so close to verifiable fact in many instances.
    The publicly available CBA isn't even exhaustive for league procedures. There are a lot of separate documents that the league operates under in addition to public record.

This may interest you (if you haven't seen it), but this is one layer of insurance. Group NHLPA Policy: https://transcanadawealthmanagement.com/insurance-coverage-in-the-nhl/

Additional insurance on top of that policy, would be at the team's discretion for a player signing a long term contract. Some choose partial coverage (percentage), some choose none at all and absorb the risk themselves. For the player, contracts are guaranteed as long as their contract is in effect and they fulfill their commitments.
    For players who do not have a long term contract, or are otherwise concerned, they can have their own individual policy to protect against injury. They either have no team or the team would not be concerned with additional insurance, such as a prospect expecting to be drafted suffering a career ending injury before they can sign a professional contract. If you aren't committed long term for significant money, the basic NHLPA coverage will be more than sufficient in most cases. It's the McDavid's who are just starting their careers where it might be a consideration and justify the premiums for additional coverage.

Again, trying to help and if it doesn't add value to you specifically, it may aid others in understanding as they stumble across it.

I'm not offended. Was just saying, that's all. No worries. Being 'matter of fact' can come across as abrasive in forums. Wasn't my intention.
    ricochetii liked this.
    May 8, 2023 at 2:54 a.m.
    PP points. Hagel wouldn't get PP time in Edmonton either. At 5v5, Foegele is the better player, so there's no reason for Edmonton to trade him for nothing.

It's not going to happen. Two 1sts or we keep him.

Like I said, you don't need to give us (2) 1sts to get rid of Foegele.

Hagel is much better player and has much better cap hit for the output. Hagel wasn't dumped either, he was pryed out with a really good offer.
    May 8, 2023 at 8:17 a.m.
    Like I said, you don't need to give us (2) 1sts to get rid of Foegele.

Hagel is much better player and has much better cap hit for the output. Hagel wasn't dumped either, he was pryed out with a really good offer.

Sorry, Edmonton's not trading Foegele to Chicago for anything less than Tampa's 2 first round picks.

Have a great day.
    May 8, 2023 at 7:39 p.m.
    Sorry, Edmonton's not trading Foegele to Chicago for anything less than Tampa's 2 first round picks.

Have a great day.

Day is great, sunshine and the beach for me.

And on that note, you can take your 2 firsts and use them to draft someone. Nobody wants to give you multiple 1sts for Foegele. Decent player and all but you don't need to send (2) 1sts to dump him.

Good Day grin

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll